• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I feel kinda the same way, but I do feel some sentimental value towards Shulk. I might have grown up with Cloud and play him much more often, but I do love Shulk's MArts, MALLC, and his game.

Cloud still feels much better lately though.
I actually got Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for Christmas, but I cant play it until I get a new 3DS, and I refuse to buy an XL version. So I'm waiting for the animal crossing bundle that comes with a normal new 3ds to be split up and then I can play it. (and Smash with buttons that respond 100% of the time! ^_^) Then maybe I'll get some character loyalty towards Shulk. but for now, he can RIP in paprika

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
I actually got Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for Christmas, but I cant play it until I get a new 3DS, and I refuse to buy an XL version. So I'm waiting for the animal crossing bundle that comes with a normal new 3ds to be split up and then I can play it. (and Smash with buttons that respond 100% of the time! ^_^) Then maybe I'll get some character loyalty towards Shulk. but for now, he can RIP in paprika
It's pretty gud. Fun fact, the reason the Xeno series came to be was because of the development of FF7. Xenogears was apparently a potential FF7 draft. So technically, Shulk was developed thanks to FF7. :p

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
It's pretty gud. Fun fact, the reason the Xeno series came to be was because of the development of FF7. Xenogears was apparently a potential FF7 draft. So technically, Shulk was developed thanks to FF7. :p
wow. ok, didn't know that, that's mad cool

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
But this is the thing with Smash 4 in general. Fundamentals still reign supreme above all else in this game, particularly if you're using a character with the frame data and tools to succeed (Cloud imo is definitely one of those characters). The fact that M2K's 'basic' Cloud was able to make it to top 64 of one of the largest and probably the most stacked Smash 4 tournaments to date is a testament to this imo. There were probably Clouds more aware of or proficient with his more niche tech and setups that drowned in pools simply because they lacked the fundamental skills in areas like spacing, timing and situational awareness to go the extra mile in this game.

These, imo, are the skills us Smash 4 players need to prioritise in order to truly succeed. Tech skill and setups in this game should be an extension as opposed to a priority.

My apologies for going off on a tangent, just thought this should be addressed :]
Right but I think his poor Cloud game stopped him from going further in Genisis. He needs to hunker down and learn this character like he knows Melee Marth or Shiek before he can truly advance, because knowing what Cloud is capable of and how to utilize it closes several gaps in your Cloud play and covers some of his weeknesses

Well yeah but I feel M2K doesn't join much tourneys for Smash 4 to be considered a top player for Smash 4. He has amazing fundamentals though. He'd definitely do great if he puts in more time in Smash 4.
He's still top 10 though last I checked on the power rankings

Last edited:

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Lmao I'd fight but that would require me to have any level of skill at all

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I can't read opponents. I understand that knowing the situation and choosing the right option is important but i am still learning the game right now.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You laugh, Kuraudo, but Big D has placed pretty high with the character at big tournaments like these (62nd at EVO, 17th at Paragon, 49th at G3). He's also #1 in his region.

How did you place, btw? :^)

Smooth Criminal

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I can't read opponents. I understand that knowing the situation and choosing the right option is important but i am still learning the game right now.
Same here. Reading rolls especially, and the few times I DO get a roll read, rolls have like ZERO damn endlag so I get punished for trying to punish

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
You laugh, Kuraudo, but Big D has placed pretty high with the character at big tournaments like these (62nd at EVO, 17th at Paragon, 49th at G3). He's also #1 in his region.

How did you place, btw? :^)

Smooth Criminal
Also DDD is a matchup you won't get away with if you don't know it.
I doubt M2K knew the matchup. Specially against someone as good as Big D.
:196:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Also DDD is a matchup you won't get away with if you don't know it.
I doubt M2K knew the matchup. Specially against someone as good as Big D.
:196:
Oh I agree with this. Not to mention M2K is kinda horribly inconsistent in Smash 4 right now, to boot. That certainly didn't help matters.

I have no doubt in my mind that if M2K were playing on point and had an inkling of the MU, he would have won.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I know Big D on a personal level. It wasn't a slight against him or anything. Well aware of how good he is and we've played a good number of times in Brawl and Smash 4 days.

I was more commenting on how M2K didn't make Top 64 cause Silentdoom said he did.

Also I got 128th at G3. No regrets about that, I had fun.

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Sorry yeah M2K was just short of top 64. Though he was also the only person to take a game off of Dabuz up until top 8 so that's worth something right =P ?

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
So here's a neat trick I haven't seen Clouds utilize ever or frequently. It really, REALLY helps your recovery. Seriously!

Ignore my controller and my Dog trying to crash my party.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So here's a neat trick I haven't seen Clouds utilize ever or frequently. It really, REALLY helps your recovery. Seriously!

This is actually, very, very useful.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
This is actually, very, very useful.
Yeah you can interrupt airdodges with special moves and aerials. This gives Cloud a way to SHAD and land without lag by interrupting it with Limit Charge. Somebody also used this for a really hard-to-punish ledge getup option. You can ledgedrop->jump->airdodge->Limit Charge and go invincibly from ledge to a shield cancelable move quickly. All of these are vurry useful. We must thank TTTTTsd for coming up with this new application! :D

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

Ooooooh! This is going to come in handy.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597

Great now i need to apply this to my Cloud but very useful none the less

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I got pranked! I feel so loved! (i actually do, thanks whoever did that for noticing me :D)

To put some content in this post, what's the deal with Loz? (if that's how you spell it) why is he so childish (for lack of a better word)? Why does Kadaj (i don't know how to spell any of these lol) lead the three? If they're remnants of sephiroth, how are they grown men (kinda) when it's only been two years since Sephiroth's defeat?

Questions...

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I got pranked! I feel so loved! (i actually do, thanks whoever did that for noticing me :D)

To put some content in this post, what's the deal with Loz? (if that's how you spell it) why is he so childish (for lack of a better word)? Why does Kadaj (i don't know how to spell any of these lol) lead the three? If they're remnants of sephiroth, how are they grown men (kinda) when it's only been two years since Sephiroth's defeat?

Questions...
Well as you know Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo are the primary antagonist of Advent Children. Each are remnants of Sephiroth and each individual remnant contains certain aspects or embodiment's of Seph for example Yazoo embodies Sephiroth's allure and cool personality while Loz is described as being the embodiment of Sephiroth's physical strength, as well as his fondness and emotional instability concerning "Mother" that Sephiroth shows during the Nibelheim Incident in Crisis Core ( hence his child like demeanor ). While Kadaj is an embodiment of Sephiroth's will manifested from the Lifestream and to an Extent a perfect balance between the 3.

Sorry for the wall of Text I'm a huge dork when it comes to anything about the Final Fantasy 7 lore...

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Well as you know Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo are the primary antagonist of Advent Children. Each are remnants of Sephiroth and each individual remnant contains certain aspects or embodiment's of Seph for example Yazoo embodies Sephiroth's allure and cool personality while Loz is described as being the embodiment of Sephiroth's physical strength, as well as his fondness and emotional instability concerning "Mother" that Sephiroth shows during the Nibelheim Incident in Crisis Core ( hence his child like demeanor ). While Kadaj is an embodiment of Sephiroth's will manifested from the Lifestream and to an Extent a perfect balance between the 3.

Sorry for the wall of Text I'm a huge dork when it comes to anything about the Final Fantasy 7 lore...
That's totally fine lol i love learning stuff like this

but why does Kadaj lead them? he always seems superior to both of them, he commands them, he does all the leading stuff like going after rufus and stuff.

Also, what sort of weapon does Loz use? Does it embody him with superhuman strength or something? I seem him use a lot of attacks that look like Limit Breaks (like in the motorcycle chase scene he does an attack similar to Omnislash), but they're never credited as limit breaks anywhere I can find. Is this because they're not in an actual game with defined Limit Breaks or what? None of Shinra's bodyguards or the Spehiroth trio seem to use limit breaks in any way (except for Loz of course).

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
That's totally fine lol i love learning stuff like this

but why does Kadaj lead them? he always seems superior to both of them, he commands them, he does all the leading stuff like going after rufus and stuff.

Also, what sort of weapon does Loz use? Does it embody him with superhuman strength or something? I seem him use a lot of attacks that look like Limit Breaks (like in the motorcycle chase scene he does an attack similar to Omnislash), but they're never credited as limit breaks anywhere I can find. Is this because they're not in an actual game with defined Limit Breaks or what? None of Shinra's bodyguards or the Spehiroth trio seem to use limit breaks in any way (except for Loz of course).
Kadaj is the representation of Sephiroth's hatred and rage. Of the three, Kadaj resembles Sephiroth the most as he uses a sword and acts the most like him.

Loz's weapon is a high-powered retractable gauntlet/melee weapon called the Dual Hound which also acts as a taser with varying degrees of voltage. As for limit breaks it was never stated whether or not they actually posses the ability to use limits the closest thing that the trio does is when Loz punches the ground to create that wave of debris. Loz is just naturally Super fast and appears to move in a blur of blue and white energy, and at times he moves so quickly he appears to teleport.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Been experimenting with jab combo at the edge -> runoff fair. I can't get it to register as true (but then again I haven't tried like, at all), but its nice against certain chars. On some you can get the sweetspot (the spike hitbox) and sometimes you dont, you just get an extra 13% off of jab (similar to how you can do jab combo -> dash attack) and on some chars it doesn't seem to work at all.

Still a nice thing to know if you get a jab on ledge getup or something.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
Been experimenting with jab combo at the edge -> runoff fair. I can't get it to register as true (but then again I haven't tried like, at all), but its nice against certain chars. On some you can get the sweetspot (the spike hitbox) and sometimes you dont, you just get an extra 13% off of jab (similar to how you can do jab combo -> dash attack) and on some chars it doesn't seem to work at all.

Still a nice thing to know if you get a jab on ledge getup or something.
Sounds like a really nice set up if they dont react to it.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Sounds like a really nice set up if they dont react to it.
Well it's pretty fast, honestly. In terms of hitstun dealt, you probably only have a few frames to take an actual action. The computers (on certain chars, which is why I believe it's dependent on stats) aren't able to react, and they have frame 1 reaction time. Alternatively, maybe they're just taking the wrong action (for example, they'll always attempt to roll out of LB Cross Slash and get hit, which led me to believe it was unblockable... stupid CPUs >:T) and I'm just wrong. Nevertheless, seems like its an okay sort of string. Maybe pull this out once per set.

Top Bottom