• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm actually kinda bummed a bit by the lack of music on the Wii U version, because I know I'll eventually get it. It would have been awesome to at least have the Electric Chocobo, One Winged Angel, and Continuous Fighting songs.

Choosing mains is haard... but my best results have been with :4megaman::4sonic: :4littlemac: and then:4cloud::4samus::4pit:.
But I like :4cloud:, and these boards, so I'll keep on using him. Maybe he can be my character for doubles!

As for favorite Pokeyman:

Alright, no, it's actually :107: But I don't think I'm getting back into Pokemon. A shame since I wanted to train a full Kanto competitive team led by the 'chan. I also like :062: a lot.

-

And yeah, I've been playing SSFIV to take it easy on the circle pad, and Dragon Quest 5 which I'm stretching out as much as I can from beating it by catching and training monsters.

Is anyone else interested in Final Fantasy Explorers, btw?

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
What do you think is better for Cloud? Battlefield or Dreamland? Ignoring the wind, the only difference is that Cloud can land on the top platform with grounded upb on Battlefield, while he can't on Midgar or Dream Land. What do you guys think about this?

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Dreamland because of the lower ceiling which allows his ridiculous Uair to kill earlier. Also Cloud is heavy so it's not like he'll die too early off the top

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I'm actually kinda bummed a bit by the lack of music on the Wii U version, because I know I'll eventually get it. It would have been awesome to at least have the Electric Chocobo, One Winged Angel, and Continuous Fighting songs.

Choosing mains is haard... but my best results have been with :4megaman::4sonic: :4littlemac: and then:4cloud::4samus::4pit:.
But I like :4cloud:, and these boards, so I'll keep on using him. Maybe he can be my character for doubles!

As for favorite Pokeyman:

Alright, no, it's actually :107: But I don't think I'm getting back into Pokemon. A shame since I wanted to train a full Kanto competitive team led by the 'chan. I also like :062: a lot.

-

And yeah, I've been playing SSFIV to take it easy on the circle pad, and Dragon Quest 5 which I'm stretching out as much as I can from beating it by catching and training monsters.

I preordered the special edition online. Can't wait to make a dragoon and start jumping on things.
Friend me if you want to play together.

Thor

Smash Champion
I could have sworn some counters also use knockback in their multuipliers...Damn
I double-checked Ike, Little Mac, Lucario, and Shulk (I didn't bother with Marth or Lucina, you can check them if they worry you). Of them, when having Finishing Touch countered, only Lucario's KO'd when they were both at 100%, but it also KO'd Cloud for doing jab1. The rest of the counters, with both at 100%, didn't even knock Cloud offscreen into the spyglass, merely offstage, and did low damage. I tested from roughly the center of FD if you want to check yourself.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm gonna skip on that one for the time being. I'm hoping to play the other Final Fantasy games before I get Explorers.

Plus I already have two games preordered, those being Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Mega Man Legacy Collection. I gotta save as much money as I can for other games and stuff, at least until I get my tax returns.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I am also interested in FF Explorers. It looks like it could be a fun game.

D

Deleted member

I'm not entirely interested in Explorers to be honest. I might reconsider getting it since I've been getting into Final Fantasy recently.
Though, I would likely reconsider if I could go through the whole game as Terra or Cloud.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
From the little of it I've seen, it looks fun but I have no plans of getting it. There are other games that caught my eye and I need to save what money I have.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I'm back from the tournament! I did a lot better than I thought I would. I have a couple questions though. What should I do against a Robin that walls with Arcfire and the SHFFs Levin fairs until they get their Arcfire back? I thought that just sitting back and charging Limit at the other side of the stage would be good because he can only hit me with Thoron, but Thoron can't be powershielded and does a lot of shield damage. Also, when I get a Limit from that, what do I do with it? I still can't get through the fire/sword wall, and LB Blade Beam doesn't go through Arcfire. This guy was also a Cloud main, so he wasn't really scared of Limit Break either.

Also I have officially confirmed that ZERO work was done on Cloud's 3DS model compared to his Wii U model. It's sooooo beautiful!!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Imo, you dont **** around with Arcfire. Camp that **** until he stops walling with it frequently.

As for SHFF Levin fairs, I've found success in auto cancel FH Dairs as well as dtilt punishes combined with dash dancing right out of levin range to bait aerials.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Imo, you dont **** around with Arcfire. Camp that **** until he stops walling with it frequently.

As for SHFF Levin fairs, I've found success in auto cancel FH Dairs as well as dtilt punishes combined with dash dancing right out of levin range to bait aerials.
What I mean is he'll just fair as I go in as his fire runs out. If I jump, he'll just uair me. Like what I'm saying is, he'll wall me out with Arcfire, and then wall me out with the shieldstun and pushback of his Levin aerials. Does dair outrange Robin's uair? DDing sounds like a good idea tho. Do you mean extended dash dancing or straight-up dash-dancing?

Last edited:

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
Explorers looks interesting, but I'd much rather play it on a console then a handheld, but that's just my preference, it sort of reminds me of Crystal Chronicles for GC, which was awesome! I'll probably end up getting it

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'll keep my eyes open for Ff explorers. I have so many things I'd love to get first.

So, yesterday was a great day, because it turns out that the circle pad of my 2Ds wasn't breaking. It was just the rubber lid that lost its glue. It was . HUGE sigh of relief for me. I can now keep on smashin!

I also played some friends of mine who are really into competitive smash. I did Ok as Cloud, but I did manage to beat an 8-player smash on hyrule Castle.
My favorite Part was when I gracefully dodged everything a Link and a Toon Link threw at me after deciding to work together against me when it was just us 3 left :D

-
As for Robin.. can Arcfires be powershielded by any chance? Cause that + bladebeam counter is usually what I do Vs spammers, but I don't see a lot of Robin lately.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I'll keep my eyes open for Ff explorers. I have so many things I'd love to get first.

So, yesterday was a great day, because it turns out that the circle pad of my 2Ds wasn't breaking. It was just the rubber lid that lost its glue. It was . HUGE sigh of relief for me. I can now keep on smashin!

I also played some friends of mine who are really into competitive smash. I did Ok as Cloud, but I did manage to beat an 8-player smash on hyrule Castle.
My favorite Part was when I gracefully dodged everything a Link and a Toon Link threw at me after deciding to work together against me when it was just us 3 left :D

-
As for Robin.. can Arcfires be powershielded by any chance? Cause that + bladebeam counter is usually what I do Vs spammers, but I don't see a lot of Robin lately.
That's what happened to me too! I freaked out X.X

I'm not talking about your run-of-the-mill For Glory spammer. This was at tournament, this guy was using it wisely. I suppose I could've powershielded my way in, but it's not really something that you should rely on for a pivotal part of a matchup.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
What I mean is he'll just fair as I go in as his fire runs out. If I jump, he'll just uair me. Like what I'm saying is, he'll wall me out with Arcfire, and then wall me out with the shieldstun and pushback of his Levin aerials. Does dair outrange Robin's uair? DDing sounds like a good idea tho. Do you mean extended dash dancing or straight-up dash-dancing?
Not sure what the difference between extended dash dancing and dash dancing is in this game.

I dont think dair out ranges levin uair but I'm not sure since I havnt actually tried to challenge it.

If he predictably follows up arcfire with aerials, then a timed run up spotdodge out of dash dance would be nice I think.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Not sure what the difference between extended dash dancing and dash dancing is in this game.

I dont think dair out ranges levin uair but I'm not sure since I havnt actually tried to challenge it.

If he predictably follows up arcfire with aerials, then a timed run up spotdodge out of dash dance would be nice I think.
Dash dancing in this game is really kind of mediocre as an option in general, it's only real use is showing off because all the distances are so short. There's some extended Dash Dancing early on in this video. It's really easy for Cloud because of the IASA frames on his dash.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Idk, a good, patient Robin would probably continue to chuck **** at you instead of Arcfire > aerial like that.

Smooth Criminal
I'm not sure you understand me here. He's NOT doing just Arcfire > aerial (when he gets the opportunity, sure) but that's mainly not what he's doing. He IS continuing to chuck **** at me, per se. He's chucking arcfires, books, elthunders, etc. WHEN he runs out of Arcfire, and I go in because this is one of my few opportunities to get in, THEN he'll SHFF a Levin fair. I'll shield it cause I obviously don't want to get hit with it, and the shieldstun and pushback from it will allow him to just SH backwards and do it again until he's able to chuck more **** at me.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I fought a superior-tier annoying Sheik on FG with Cloud, Limit Break is everything

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Oh okay @ dash dance differences.

I consider extended dash dancing actual dash dancing because its applications are the most similar to dash dancing from melee; esp since you can perfect pivot from a eDash Dance.

Either way; if he's chucking **** at you until he runs out of ammo, then just wait it out and charge limit while waiting it out and bait a aerial with eDash Dance and punish accordingly. I feel that's probably a strong option that while cause him to reconsidering/hesitate with SHFF Levin aerials which gives you better opportunities to win neutral.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm not sure you understand me here. He's NOT doing just Arcfire > aerial (when he gets the opportunity, sure) but that's mainly not what he's doing. He IS continuing to chuck **** at me, per se. He's chucking arcfires, books, elthunders, etc. WHEN he runs out of Arcfire, and I go in because this is one of my few opportunities to get in, THEN he'll SHFF a Levin fair. I'll shield it cause I obviously don't want to get hit with it, and the shieldstun and pushback from it will allow him to just SH backwards and do it again until he's able to chuck more **** at me.
That sounds about right, bud. Exactly what I was insinuating.

I dunno, last time I faced a really good Robin was eons ago (my teammate Raziek when we were doing casuals at EVO 2015), and that was with D3. Neko's got the right idea; it's about finding gaps during neutral aka when he's throwing **** around and the like. Cloud at least has the means to do so.

No disrespect meant.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Hello, Cloud Social. :4cloud: How are you today? Are you having fun?

I've been playing FFVI on and off for the past several months and I'm finally almost done.

After I'm finished with that I'm gonna start at FFI and work my way up from there.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm back from the tournament! I did a lot better than I thought I would. I have a couple questions though. What should I do against a Robin that walls with Arcfire and the SHFFs Levin fairs until they get their Arcfire back? I thought that just sitting back and charging Limit at the other side of the stage would be good because he can only hit me with Thoron, but Thoron can't be powershielded and does a lot of shield damage. Also, when I get a Limit from that, what do I do with it? I still can't get through the fire/sword wall, and LB Blade Beam doesn't go through Arcfire. This guy was also a Cloud main, so he wasn't really scared of Limit Break either.

Also I have officially confirmed that ZERO work was done on Cloud's 3DS model compared to his Wii U model. It's sooooo beautiful!!
Robin's Uair doesn't reliably beat Cloud's Dair due to how Cloud thrusts his sword downwards when he does it. I try to bait Dair or challenge it from the side most of the time.

Cloud's plan in this match-up should be to charge limit, then play with that once he has it. Robin's not able to easily pressure him to stop him from doing so due to how safe Limit Charge is. You shouldn't really have too much trouble getting in, especially with Limit. Arcfire is easily cleared by Cloud's jump and is laggy enough to punish unless the Robin is under a platform. D-tilt slides under all Thunder variants and Arcfire.

I've set up an export (from Twitch) of a long session with Ryker, one of my good friends who plays Cloud. You can see that on my Youtube channel when it goes up. https://www.youtube.com/user/Jaran8384/videos

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Robin's Uair doesn't reliably beat Cloud's Dair due to how Cloud thrusts his sword downwards when he does it. I try to bait Dair or challenge it from the side most of the time.

Cloud's plan in this match-up should be to charge limit, then play with that once he has it. Robin's not able to easily pressure him to stop him from doing so due to how safe Limit Charge is. You shouldn't really have too much trouble getting in, especially with Limit. Arcfire is easily cleared by Cloud's jump and is laggy enough to punish unless the Robin is under a platform. D-tilt slides under all Thunder variants and Arcfire.

I've set up an export (from Twitch) of a long session with Ryker, one of my good friends who plays Cloud. You can see that on my Youtube channel when it goes up. https://www.youtube.com/user/Jaran8384/videos
Oh okay @ dash dance differences.

I consider extended dash dancing actual dash dancing because its applications are the most similar to dash dancing from melee; esp since you can perfect pivot from a eDash Dance.

Either way; if he's chucking **** at you until he runs out of ammo, then just wait it out and charge limit while waiting it out and bait a aerial with eDash Dance and punish accordingly. I feel that's probably a strong option that while cause him to reconsidering/hesitate with SHFF Levin aerials which gives you better opportunities to win neutral.
That sounds about right, bud. Exactly what I was insinuating.

I dunno, last time I faced a really good Robin was eons ago (my teammate Raziek when we were doing casuals at EVO 2015), and that was with D3. Neko's got the right idea; it's about finding gaps during neutral aka when he's throwing **** around and the like. Cloud at least has the means to do so.

No disrespect meant.

Smooth Criminal
Sorry if I came off harsh, man. Definitely didn't want to, just looking for advice.

Thanks a lot guys. All of this was really helpful and I really appreciate it. :D

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
anyone have any tips for speeding up the transition from limit charge > smash out of run?

im in the lab working on this tech and im trying the inputs down consistantly.

so far what im doing input wise is 6 > 632 B > B > Slide thumb to A. So its basically a QC motion into b, then b again sliding my thumb to A.

I can get it down around 60% of the time if im slow enough and Im sure that muscle memory will get it to 100% with a few hours of practice, but I know you can cancel limit charge in like 5 frames so the wait I'm doing before I press B then A is pretty far off from optimal.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Competing at Genesis 3 tomorrow and I'm taking Cloud as a solo main since I have not been practicing with my Fox in months lol

Wish me luck

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Good luck everybody! :D

After rewatching Advent Children for the umpteenth time (first time without any lag though, it was beautiful), and seeing Zack wielding a normal Buster Sword, yet seemingly a "higher rank" than Cloud in SOLDIER (Cloud apparently didn't even make it into SOLDIER, even though his Boxing Ring tag is "First Class Soldier" lol), I was wondering, where does Cloud get the Fusion Sword? He seems to be wielding the same type of sword as Zack (hell, it may even be Zack's) in the flashback battle against Sephiroth, so when and where does he get the most badass sword/s? in history from?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Good luck everybody! :D

After rewatching Advent Children for the umpteenth time (first time without any lag though, it was beautiful), and seeing Zack wielding a normal Buster Sword, yet seemingly a "higher rank" than Cloud in SOLDIER (Cloud apparently didn't even make it into SOLDIER, even though his Boxing Ring tag is "First Class Soldier" lol), I was wondering, where does Cloud get the Fusion Sword? He seems to be wielding the same type of sword as Zack (hell, it may even be Zack's) in the flashback battle against Sephiroth, so when and where does he get the most badass sword/s? in history from?
It isn't implicitly stayed where he got them. It's not unlikely that they were a prototype developed by Shinra, and Reeve somehow smuggled them to Cloud after the events of VII.

Top Bottom