• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

75m and Mario Bros. WHY?

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
Seriously. This game was designed a party game. There are bound to be stages like this. God.

Bob Jane T-Mart

Smash Ace
I really like throwing the crabs and Koopas around. Mario Bros. is one of those "funny" stages, where you just play for laughs. Perhaps that is why Sakurai put in Mario Bros. he wanted to have some stages that were fun and entertaining.

I don't like 75m though, it is really annoying.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Both stages are rather horrible, although Mario Bros. does require a bit of skill instead of mindless attacking. 75m just...is so boring. Actual fighting just doesn't happen, and it's a waste of time in All-Star/Classic as more of the time the computers kill themself.

Hanenbow just sucks. No music is bad enough, but I've heard you can't tether recovery on the stage...making it even more rediculous. The only point is unlocking it is to take it off your random selection. The other two can be enjoyed...but my god...

Mushroomy Kingdom is only horrible in All-Star/Classic. It can be really fun in casual, though(including the awesome music).

Marine Snow

Smash Rookie
Both stages are rather horrible, although Mario Bros. does require a bit of skill instead of mindless attacking.
Hit Koopa ----> Pick up Koopa ----> Hit opponent with Koopa ---> Get rewarded with easy K.O. is opponent has more than 20% damage.

Learning to avoid the moving enemies is not so much skill as it is a process of trial and error. They have a fairly set pattern.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
75m is okay when your messing around and not having a serious match, but I don't know about the Mario Bros. stage. I don't really like that stage as much, but I guess I would prefer that instead of 75m if ever having a serious match.

xgina

Smash Cadet
to be honest i don't mind playing mario bros. sometimes e_e

i could never play it on a regular basis, but it's fun to choose and throw turtles at people every once in a while.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Mario bros is actually fun for 2 vs 2 dodgeball matches. As for 75m its a bit meh but seems alright.

If you think about it tho "Why did Sakurai put tripping in?" applies to both of these.

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
Both of those stages suck. I don't even play those for fun just cause there isn't any fun when no skill is needed to win on that stage. I mean, come on, overly powered hazards just isn't cool. :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Mario Bros, I can live with. The matches there are about 10 seconds long from all the Powerful hazards. Its a short punishment and a quick win.
75m on the other hand.
Ugh.
Don't even get me started.
I've had some hilarious, memorable, and great Matches there.
But I dont want to play there in some good setting where I'm supposed to be judged on skill or anything like that.

Splice

Smash Hero
I read in the DOJO somewhere that Brawl was going to be a novelty Super Smash Bros, so these two stages are probably supposed to be novelty stages. I like the Mario Bros. stage, its nostalgiac for me when the Power-Up music plays, because I used to have Wrecking Crew as a kid. And using the POW when people are about to pick up shellcreepers is fun. I hate 75m, but im sure people like it in the same way I like the Mario Bros. stage. But for stages in touraments, they both suck, but somehow i dont think thats why they're there.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It still deserves to be there, though. 75m adds to Brawl, since it really wasn't made to be competitive.
It might not be fun for you, but it's there to commemerate what Nintendo did. You do realize that without that exact game that was in that background, Nintendo would've been bankrupt, and never made games? That would've changed our lives for sure. Point is, why not? Why not have that stage in there? It's not hurting anyone.

bribri123123

Smash Ace
I DONT like these 2 stages, they are annoying. If you want to talk about horrible sound check out Ashleys Song!!! UGHHH!!!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I DONT like these 2 stages, they are annoying. If you want to talk about horrible sound check out Ashleys Song!!! UGHHH!!!
This was obviously a helpful post.

Seriously. Shut up about them being annoying stages. Ashley's Song isn't that bad, why not have a WarioWare song in a WarioWare stage? >_>

Don't cry about it. These are not bad stages. In terms of fighting, yes. But for giggles, play there once in awhile. And turn on items for the heck of it. And don't use Meta Knight for the heck of it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Sorry if I came off as being a little mean, but this is a major problem I have with Brawlers today. There's two main groups, those that play for fun, and those that play to win.

Brawl was designed with 1/4 of it being of competitive nature, the other 3/4 for the rest of us that sucked at Melee. Brawl was slower, and easier to play. Keep in mind, these stages weren't really made for the sake of fighting, I think it's only there to commerate their classic games. Those stages can screw you up, and if you don't take the game seriously, bring a lot of joy to many players.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
I can tolerate Mario Bros. You have to admit that smacking someone with an 8-bit turtle or crab is satisfying. Plus the confusion and utter chaos of the stage is actually pretty fun when you're fooling around.

75m on the other hand I just can't stand. I love the music there, but we have the sound test. I just don't like how it's so big. I never liked big stages like Hyrule Temple and New Pork ... actually, don't make me even go there.

Energy Whip

Smash Cadet
There fantastic areas if your a Hardcore gamer and which I am I'm putting up with people saying its got no point, Allthough because of the Mario Bros. stage I am annoyed because of the 20% K.O.

MeLL0W

Smash Apprentice
True these two stages are pretty much WTF? But it was to create an air of fun for the Casual Brawlers. (Just like some other stages like Hanenbow and New Pork City) I guess all you can do is ignore it, Competitive brawling isnt the only kind out there.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
...I really, REALLY don't get why these threads are even made. If you don't like the stage, don't play on it. And please do realise that the competitive aspect of Brawl is not the only aspect of it.

tgrove69

Smash Cadet
75m is alright. Mario Bros is bad cuz the crabs and **** KO you more than your opponent. I dont like New Pork City at all, cuz of its size and platform. Stages like Delfino, Hanabow, Icicle Mountain, and Pictochat were all different and creative, and they should have added more stages like that.

Zaazaa0

Smash Rookie
I liked Mario Bros. It is relatively easy to beat someone even if you have 300% Handicap and they have none. and 75m, i dont really fight there much, but its nice to go to sometimes

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
...I really, REALLY don't get why these threads are even made. If you don't like the stage, don't play on it. And please do realise that the competitive aspect of Brawl is not the only aspect of it.
I predict that at least half of all the threads in SWF have been complaint threads. In all honesty, video games were not created to be taken seriously. Especially this one.

BMunich16

Smash Apprentice
Of course they aren't competitive play stages, they are for fun and I think they are fun to play casually with friends, except for 75m which sucks 100% of the time.:D

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
In fact, I love the idea of these stages. But they made the hazards on Mario Bros. too powerful and the platforms on 75m are just unplayable. Nintendo loves to relish there history, too much that they tried to make exact replicas of these stages and they just weren't Brawl playable/

Top Bottom