• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

----------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Thanks. Part Three will be out as soon as I can get it to a suitable quality.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, awesomeness. I remember seeing that ad for Zelda before, but its always cool to watch.

Until the closeup on Link's face, I always think that it's a female actor. >_>

At any rate, good job with all the stuff. Why'd you make Yoshi giant while recording though? You can see well enough with a normal sized Yoshi can't you? You can also zoom pretty far in debug mode I thought.

Other than wondering about giant Yoshi, and being a little bored with the attack hitboxes (I tested a lot of them myself), very awesome part 2. Good job.

Video supplements to the guide ftw.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Thanks. And Yoshi is very big because I don't know how to zoom in debug mode yet. x_x

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Oh, that super close-up thingy. Yeah, that's actually one of the first things I did when I was fooling around.

It gets really really close, though. Maybe I should zoom in that way, but use tiny Yoshi instead to make up for it? Interesting. I might look into this.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thinking about it more, I believe you use a combination of 2 buttons to zoom. I remember most of the 2 button combinations were related to one of the d-pad buttons, so try experimenting with the d-pad and control stick/c-stick/L/R etc. It wouldn't take too long to work out.

But you've already made and rendered it, so it'd be annoying to re-do. I wouldn't be that dedicated =D

EDIT:

Mic here, I'll be sure to sticky this asap when i get the chance.

Also Jaz is cool. ~Mic

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Awww, ****, now I really have to hurry and finish this. x_x

The text will be updated this week, actually, with all the corrections Bringer, Doraki, and others brought to my attention plus a reference section. Thanks. ^_^

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Yay. Sticky sticky. Grrreat job Shiri. The opening made me think "omgwtf" for a while.. and the ending reminded me the Mario movie of how bad of a movie the real-life Mario movie was. Silly dancing Link. However, it was a very informative video, and was worth the 177MB of downloading ;P I'll be sure to watch this along side reading Bringer's guide quite often now to improve my game.

Thanks Shiri :)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You speak too highly of me, sir.

And before anyone asks, 177 MB was indeed the smallest I could make it.

Updates coming soon. It's practical week, projects week, and finals next week, so I might not be around so often to update, but I will when I get the chance.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Updates coming soon. It's practical week, projects week, and finals next week, so I might not be around so often to update, but I will when I get the chance.
Oh god I know how you feel, except it's pretty much the whole flippin' month for me.

Please take your sweet, sweet time.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: ...early flight--what so proudly we f-air'd and the Samus' fleeing?

Don't ask. Please.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: The Super Mario World cartoon is a classic among classics.

I believe it still airs on PAX Television at some retardedly obscure hours of the day at some points during any given week.

And I'm sorry, Bombco. You typed out the first line, and I had to follow up. Eff that song, hahaha.

Church, that remix is amazing--that's why I had to put it in here. I found some pretty amazing music when I was compiling this stuff. When it's all released, I hope everyone can enjoy not only the footage and info., but also the music that I found to accompany everything.

knucklesfanatic

Smash Rookie
Hey shiri if you ever decide to make a quide for the 64 online let me know i'll gladly help out. i may not be the best yoshi but i can **** sure pull my punches online.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
so i missed out on a few posts....and it seems you guys are talking about Yoshi anthem..............................................PAWNAGE!

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
naw, not the anthem... just a song of the same name... Oh say can yoshi - by bladiator... its played on the beginning of the latest video for project yoshi...

Fawriel

Smash Master
So, how's it going? Any news about the progress? There are still some videos missing... and the "Final Thoughts" section(!).

RPK

Smash Lord
do you think its a good idea to practice DJC reverse B? Since Yoshi's SH is to high in order to get your opponents into the egg so I was thinking about this...Any input before I start trying to get this technique down....

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: It's fun. It's a vital part of my Shiri combo, too.

I personally think DJC reverse and WD back are the best ways to lead into neutral B.

On another note, this hasn't died, for those who are wondering. Just letting you know.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yeah, I've just been dealing with some heavy poopy over the last few months.

Hopefully I'll get this out soon, though. Yoshido come to FC blahhhhhhhhhh.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
lol im pretty sure i cant make it. But i might be goin to some tourney in nc this friday. I heard its not that big. But it will be fun.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: If someone has recording equipment and wants to help me finish this, please PM me.

I've been trying to get the last half out, but I'm getting ****ed at every critical junction of this project. This will by no means be left to someone to finish, but if someone can help me recapture some raw footage, that would help lots. PM me if you can, thanks.

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmm

Just a quick question: Why isn't there anything covered about Yoshi's DJ resistance in here? Maybe I didn't read it all the way, and I appologize if there is something, but shouldn't we describe when Yoshi's tanking abilities should be considered fatal? (ESPECIALLY vs Ganon and Shiek, two of his jumping's greatest weaknesses).

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Wow, hahahaha. I suppose I didn't put the DJ in here, LOL.

This means I either forgot, or that Bringer covered it in such a way that there was nothing to add on.

If I DID forget, however, I will most certainly be happy to make an update.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey, do you still need help getting footage? >.>

I may not be that experienced with Yoshi, but I do have an Action Replay (not that I know how to use it, but that just takes a little research). I have a friend who put a video of us on Youtube (please don't try to find it, it's just me messing up :() Anyway, if you still need help, I'd be happy to try :D

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Oh man Shiri you know I would love to halp this get done before brawl. I just don't have a cube anymore now that I'm at college. Ah well, I'll see you in October (maybe), perhaps we could talk then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom