• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I believe baka is a student at cal tech

also a few others who frequent the smashfests at his place (since they live there lol)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I hear that there is this summer research program (for math, science, engineering) at Caltech that has so much funding and few students in it that it basically accepts 99% of its applicants since they have so many empty spots. Does Daniel or anyone else know about this program (and its name of course). I hear their deadline is like March but you can apply all the way up until June anyways since they have so much funding and so many empty spots. :)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
lol uh yeah i go to caltech.

i guess i could just say this here if anyone else is interested. um, the only summer programs tech has that i know of can be found here: http://www.sfp.caltech.edu/ . if there are any others, which there very well could be, i couldn't tell ya.

the one that i've applied for, and did last summer, was the SURF program. thing is, i believe the deadline for these programs might have already passed (surf's was last tuesday...). the only advice i can give you is to try contacting the sfp office, tell them your situation, and hopefully see what you can do.

you could try this: http://announcements.surf.caltech.edu/index.cfm?event=ShowAOPublicList&type=SURF . it's a list of projects, maybe the more late projects still have openings? (i'd suggest contacting the leaders of the last few projects, for instance)

not sure though, hope this helps, i guess just pm me if you need anything else.

lol getting scientific research connections through smashboards :awesome:

SUNG475

Smash Ace
OK OK so maybe I'm workin right now but I don't feel that tired...but maybe I will after my 5 hr class ends at 1...meh I don't know I'll text you around 1

baka4moé

Smash Champion
uh kanzaki if u come over, could u bring project m? i curious cause ive never played it.

fyi, there will be some ppl over, so anyone thinkin about it realize it won't be just two ppl playing all day, haha..

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
i wanted to hella go baka but i think i ate something bad yesterday so my stomachs been ****in up all day =/

ive been in the bed most of today =/

and about the free spots if im feeling better by that time ill go........

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Sorry didn't drop by, my meeting ran a bit longer than usual, then my friends hit me up to goto Arcade Infiniti.. cause apparently they're closing tomorrow?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Not sure. Just ask Daniel. I don't have his cell phone number. :(

Is anyone here a B.S. Chemistry major applying to PhD graduate school Chemistry programs next year by any chance?

EDIT: Good job, Evan and Daniel. Did you went double Peach in teams?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Nice. Dante (your driver for the UCI tournament) was telling Josh and I not to go double Peach at Ownapalooza VIII and Josh went Jigglypuff so we got two and out. :( Josh and I should have totally went Double Peach at that tournament.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
omg at the very least you should see how our first match against stab and hyprid went LOL

i think itll be on stabs channel

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
LOL at Stab FSmashing Hyprid at the end of game one. Also, going Falco against two Peaches sounds like the worst idea ever.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i wanna learn mvc3 toooooo

i'm like an absolute noob though
as in i've never played with a stick
or played a fighter besides melee without randomly mashing buttons

baka4moé

Smash Champion
^ lol i'm the same way, although i played tvc for a liiiitle bit, a liiiitle bit.

peligro yeah lol, but stab's falco is way better than his fox, i think, so that seems like their best bet.

sup kiley good to see ur still around. sorry about the busy-ness though :(

also wes and isaac please come if you can. help me get ranked, yeah? ;) I can only practice so much by myself, lol. some advice from you guys would be really great.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
nah the nvm was something else, im still up for smash, either fruday or sat night, or sun afternoon. ppl should just say when theyre available. :)

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
I'm good for Saturday night or Sunday. I have a friend leaving the country Saturday morning so Friday is no good.

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
hmmm im not sure ive got sat, sun, an mon off work but im tryna hang out with this girl one of those days xD so what ever day me and her arent hanging out ill come over =D

LOL

daniel you gotta get me better at the peach ditto bro

baka4moé

Smash Champion
lol i read ur post in the la thread, thanks peligro. after watching the vid i saw soo many mistakes, like stuff i normally don't do against falco (which i fixed when i played you sung ;] ). plus i gotta get used to crowds, all of sd was cheering for him and like one guy was cheering for me. lol. but no johns, its something i gotta work on..

Top Bottom