• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

baka4moé

Smash Champion
sung that post was so random what the hell

also chris yes i did, but i felt like there wasnt really a need to post it here. i know he's still the better player by far, so tooting my own horn would look kinda bad =/ im surprised you saw the post though, i thought i edited it right away haha..

baka4moé

Smash Champion
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. "bite his pillow" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

so is anyone up for smash this week, like maybe friday? i wanna practice for champs, gotta get at stab and hyprid :cool:
damn it whyd i lose to hyprid...:(

sung i wish you were here i need to practice marth so badly

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Wait, where's Sung?

I saw your post in an email since I'm subscribed to the thread. I didn't see the matches, but I was telling you weeks ago you could beat Wes. He's good, but I think he's higher on the PR than he should be.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
sung is in texas for a few weeks. that ***

lol im not to sure about weeks ago, but i think its mainly bc im getting better (i think), and wes was sorta not trying in the beginning (i think he started trying later on but it was a bit too late? idk). this is why i want to play stab now, especially after watching my grev vids, since i noticed improvement at Jesson's after trying to fix what i saw at grev.

meh i think wes's place on the pr is fine. i mean he has a winning record against johnny, and he's beaten kira/connor/atlus/everyone below him pretty consistently imo.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Holy **** is that the old samus icon

YES YES IT IS ****

also i am going through some stuff like evan so i will be away from smash for a while
sorry guys
see you all soon

baka4moé

Smash Champion
nah ian, don't worry about it, its cuz i'm so good :troll:
but seriously ggs, you should play more, ur pretty fun to play with.

ALSO GUYS CAN WE PLEASE PLAY FRIDAY? I NEED TO PRACTICE FOR CHAMPS.

Also hugo, i had fun today. Froyo, your smashgasm at my samus, and Wes's random *** phone call omg lmao.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
LOL smash drama XD

i dunno hugo, that grab was pretty damn schmexy ;) hahahahaha

In other news, WHO WANTS TO GO TO CHAMPS? I'm going with tao and dan, and i think we'll have an extra spot in the car, mayyyybe two, not sure yet. First come first serve! fyi you'd have to meet up at my place tho...

also, i freakin love my new avatar, so glad i change it. yep.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
maybe next week guys, this week I have to do so much. Besides could use a week away from smash to keep rocking Gears 3 online and Bangai O.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
I'm thinking I might go to genesis somehow, unsure as of now. Might not be going to Taiwan again this year. Hopefully know before any real stuff crops up making it impossible to go.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
ok, 626 needs to figure something out. i have never been to a big tournament ever and i really really wanna go. hell, one of the reasons i got a summer research position here in cali instead of texas was so that i could go to genesis LOL

baka4moé

Smash Champion
read the stickied thread about it...=[

meh i whatever, if i get a ride the gas is prob cheaper and less time than the bus anyways..now i just want to make sure i get a room at that hotel tho lol thatd be so sick

trigg

Smash Rookie
The night I had last night trying to get out to Pasadena guys......lets just say it ended in me getting, there, my phone being dead and not being able to get ahold of Baka, driving back to my house to charge my phone for 30 min, and as i'm pulling out getting hit by a drunk person (i'm fine, and thank god so is my car, but the drunk guy is now in jail).

Can we try again soon, and maybe next time I won't fail sooooo hard?

MT_

Smash Ace
Hi everyone.

I'm going to be in the area on May 16th and was wondering if anyone would be down to play with me. I've always wanted to play against Cali smashers!!! I know it's around exam time but if anyone wanted to spare some time to have a smashfest of some sort, that'd be pretty awesome.

I've played with Baka and SUNG before and I think they can say that I'm not just some newb =) so I don't think I'd just be a waste of your time.

LET ME KNOW!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hey guys.

i need to learn to adapt quicker.
i need to learn to not let certain losses and screw ups, even if they keep happening, get to my head.
i need to learn to just suck up what happened, focus, and ****.
i need to learn to not get frustrated and keep my composure the whole match, till the very end of the match, and not falter somewhere in between.
i just had possibly my absolute worst tournament experience ever, i didn't really have fun at all, and i am so pissed i don't even know what to do right now.

:( :( :( :(

sung get back here. i need to practice. i need to get rid of bad habits. i need to get better.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Baka, I am your SAVIOR! :p But your training helped me a lot last tourney. No offense, but I feel like your playstyle is a little gimmicky I'll explain. Now I'm not taking anything away from your win against Wes but he's that kind of type to get really frustrated and you capitalize those kind of rash mistakes really well. I think that you rely on people to screw up and that's where you get to work but in higher levels you really shouldn't be able to shield grab people and they shouldn't get hit by D smash when you're above them on platforms.

It's really hard to get back in the game once you've made a screw up or SD or w/e but as I've said before. Gotta be patient, remain composed, and having your execution meeting your intentions (which means gotta practice THAT TECHSKILL) AND overextending. From what I remember even watching you vs waste or sunny or w/e you have a bad habit of using dash attack to approach, THINKING you can punish their jump or aerial but then realizing you have just overextended and that they had time to shield or they were actually a bit out of our range. Stuff like that

On another note, you can play MT now get some Marth practice! Hmm actually..I'll be back in like may 15th so I'll be able to play him too haha! :D

MT_

Smash Ace
Dude you two have probably gotten so much better since we played in Dallas and I pretty much haven't improved at all since then >_>

I envy Cali.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
don't worry matt my marth game still sucks so bad

sung thanks for the long post. ugh this is gonna take a while to get off my system..

agogjaorbjnaskjbnraiupoifieowqbg ebk apouiherq;oglkmranbvsudisjl;k/mvn ekba

Top Bottom