• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
I'll MM people when I'm confident I'm good enough. lol I'm just entering this crowd who knows how good i'll be. I think i can hold my own though. I'm a faster Marth than that Lanstar guy baka was playing. i think :urg:

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I'm excited that we will have a marth. I can't wait to be salty about losing to super gay stuff lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

baka4moé

Smash Champion
LOL Saltstar

having a marth in our area would be nice. i have like zero marth practice. inty will you only be around for the summer though?

also alfredo

YOU SAID YOU WANT TO MONEY MATCH?? :grin:

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure yeah. But I think I'll be home for thanksgiving, winter, and spring breaks. And I wanna go to Genesis 2, and I have a minivan with a TV in the back, so if anyone wants a ride, we could play smash the whole way there. lol

baka4moé

Smash Champion
you know what i realized?

I don't really like the new layout because it looks brawled up.

Guess I'm stuck with smash blue...

baka4moé

Smash Champion
also, you know what i feel? every matchup for peach on tier list from falcon up (save the ditto) is an uphill battle for peach.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
Your fault for choosing the character :p If you have your powershields right, falco's not that hard. Just gotta be really good out of your shield. And Puff's about even. You just gotta know how to fight em. Takes time

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
alfredo's terms for MM:

you must beat sung's falco in a $5+ MM (this is an absolute must)

it must be during a tourney

must be recorded for extra hype

must have at least some hype

neutrals only

a donut must be present

aformentioned donut must be split (and consumed; very important!!!) at the ending of said MM, as a show of honor, respect for the other player, and love of donuts

Bo5

oh yeah obv no switching characters (not that you'd want to lol...unless you reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaally feel like going fox...be my guest.........LOL)

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Congrats Daniel, train me please?!!!! :D

On a more serious note, I'm thinking about trying out Sheik for a while. Watching Kira vs. Connor from Champs tourney was pretty inspiring, super smart playstyle compared to the usual grab grab grab.

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Seriously STFU. Two weeks ago you were on Johnny about how you would be so happy if you even got 20th. You're 19th, be stoked.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
LOL. thanks guys, i'm starting to cool down a bit now.

also. i need practice. tao and dan are lame and arent willing to help me practice even basic edgeguards. anyone wanna come over? lol

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Baka4Salt.

Uh, maybe this weekend? I don't know, I keep going back and forth between really wanting to play and taking a few weeks off.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think the whole thing got blown out of proportion. Only real thing that matters is that you were ranked. Who cares if no one aside from the panelists believes your accomplishments? They thought you did well enough, and ranked you where they thought you should be. The rest of it is all really semantics imo. I congratulate you on your ranking.

After all this ranking business I realized I don't care about getting ranked at all so much as simply getting better. I don't think I would even care to defend my ranking if I got up there, not like it means anything as long as I know where I am.

I'll probably drop by maybe tomorrow or friday if you're available?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
yeah you're right. it seems like its not as good as i thought it to be.

i think ill be free tomorrow and friday evening at least for a little bit.

chris watch your mouth, you wanna get trained right? ;0

baka4moé

Smash Champion
oooooooooooooooooooo OKAY

we tied last period bro. also i feel like we're in the same group you know, lets improve together.

****. being on the bottom of the pr sucks. theres so much pressure now. i think i understand what hugo meant.

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, don't take it so seriously man. You're still the same player you were a few hours ago (i.e. Sung and I will still beat you!), so even if your tourney performance stays the same as this period you still deserve to be ranked. Basically don't start losing to scrubs (which won't happen) and you'll at least hold your spot or move up.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
yeah so don't lose to me in a future $20 MM

unfortunately for you, that loss is inevitable.

hype

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Not me. I can't wait til school is over and my job doesn't give me saturdays back!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

baka4moé

Smash Champion
alfredo

when can you start going to tournaments again?

:(

EDIT: Is anyone free 4 a few hours 2night? text me or somethin

Top Bottom