• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

Manatee

Smash Apprentice
Hey Sleepy... I have plans tomorrow but if things don't pan out I'd like to come over if that's okay....

Is it okay if I have the address Sleepy? and maybe your number? My AIM is phartinman06.

Cortez

Smash Apprentice
if anyone can bring a screw driver for the gc controller so that i can borrow it to fix my controller

that would be cool

Adam M!

Smash Lord
hugQ come over and get some p training

and pick a new character while you're at it!

kakx

Smash Cadet
if u dont want him to play his crappy fox then **** it and i guarantee you he'll stop playing it
Eyeball ***** the **** out of my Falcon all the time, I still play it?

Mang0 ***** everyone, they don't stop playing. O.o

Cortez

Smash Apprentice
Lol he means **** it like if you're playing with someone and you don't feel like playing against their ****ty secondaries/tertiaries, you **** them to encourage that person to play their main

kakx

Smash Cadet
Lol he means **** it like if you're playing with someone and you don't feel like playing against their ****ty secondaries/tertiaries, you **** them to encourage that person to play their main
I know. :D I'm just trying to be an *******. ):

Sleepy

Smash Ace
this time I'll give some more advance notice, I just forgot I told my pal I was hanging out with him on weds. Hopefully kevin/albert can come to the next one, so we have some weak **** talk.. Lol.

Cortez

Smash Apprentice
You all should try to go to the Ventura County tourney tomorrow,,

and G-Rev next week.

Smash life aint just 626 smashfests..

So try to show up, no johns :)

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I might be, Tavo...like after 5...I'd have to get back to you though...so if another chance comes up for you to play, you should take it instead of waiting to hear from me

you will hear back from me probably by tomorrow morning

Adam M!

Smash Lord
alfredo, there is solid chance i may be able to swing by tomorrow night and pick up that TV! i am taking my car to my mechanic tomorrow so we'll see what happens =)

tavo: if the above occurs, would you like to play at alfredo's? if so, what money matches would you like to do? $5 minimum right? i am down to mm you with my sheik/fox/falco for sure! and my marth/falcon if i win and you'd like a shot at your money back!

also, what's your real name? i am adam!

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
alright so i have tomorrow afternoon free
so you guys can come play, and you can definitely pick up the tv, adam

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can come at 5 but I was hoping for something earlier. I would end up leaving around 8 p.m. since I have work, if thats cool with you I'll be over.

Adam, people call me Gus or Tavo so either is fine and yeah we can money match if you attend. Best of 3 or 5, but I honestly don't know todays ruleset lol I'm used to random on first stage or agreed upon, then loser picks counter stage and winner changes char if they wish (DSR in effect, unless agreed upon to play same stage). But we can stick to a character if you'd like. Unless if I seriously **** you, I'll probably stay sheik.

Counter stages at my time included corneria/dk 64/mute city/mario2 (birdo) haha

Adam M!

Smash Lord
I can come at 5 but I was hoping for something earlier. I would end up leaving around 8 p.m. since I have work, if thats cool with you I'll be over.

Adam, people call me Gus or Tavo so either is fine and yeah we can money match if you attend. Best of 3 or 5, but I honestly don't know todays ruleset lol I'm used to random on first stage or agreed upon, then loser picks counter stage and winner changes char if they wish (DSR in effect, unless agreed upon to play same stage). But we can stick to a character if you'd like. Unless if I seriously **** you, I'll probably stay sheik.

Counter stages at my time included corneria/dk 64/mute city/mario2 (birdo) haha
oh yes, gus! my bad for forgetting! :)

rule sets can be gay, so i try to stick to the fairest one possible! i think that's pound 4's!

Neutrals:

Battlefield
FD
DL64
Yoshi's
FoD

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle 64

The first match is decided by stage striking! We rock paper scissors to decide who strikes first. Whoever loses picks a stage they do not want to play on, then the opponent, etc. until there is one stage left. That is where the first match is to be played! Both players are allowed one ban afterwards! (Someone correct me if I missed anything!)

And just to clarify, Dave's Stupid Rule means you cannot play on the last stage you won on! So if we do a first to three set the same stage could potentially be played twice!

Adam when are we gonna do our MMs?
Ask Alfredo if you can come over! Or you can always come to me! I am not sure who you are so in my opinion you have to prove yourself!

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
Post or pm your address Alfredo, can I arrive at 5 or at what time do you expect to be at your house?

Adam, i can work with that ruleset if we can eliminate brinstar and rainbow cruise. We can do all 5 money matches in a row if you like, 25$ worst case scenario I can bring :) Best of 3 or 5 each set? We might not let Alfredo play much if it streches out lol

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
The first match is decided by stage striking! We rock paper scissors to decide who strikes first. Whoever loses picks a stage they do not want to play on, then the opponent, etc. until there is one stage left. That is where the first match is to be played! Both players are allowed one ban afterwards! (Someone correct me if I missed anything!)
It's more common nowadays for the winner of the RPS to strike one stage first, then the loser strikes two, and then the winner strikes one, although which format you go with probably won't make much of a difference.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
sounds perfect!

hahaha i have a feeling you'll beat my falcon/marth and i'll beat you with fox/falco and then we'll have to sheik ditto for the finale! no chaingrabs!

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't tend to chaingrab in friendlies but this is a MM so i'll be gaying it up lol

Based on my experience vs those chars, I'm 60/40 fox, 40/60 falco, 50/50 sheik, 70/30 falcon, 70/30 marth. But we'll see, I don't take it personal regardless as I've always played for fun.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
The good news: I know what's wrong with my car! I can even fix it myself!

The bad news: I won't be able to fix it by today! I'm sorry guys =(.

Top Bottom