• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 27: Catching Fire

idea

Smash Master
Melee Singles (42 entrants)
1: [EMG] Weon-X ($231) :foxmelee:
2: KirbyKaze ($105) :sheikmelee:
3: RaynEX ($42) :foxmelee:
4: Idea ($21) :jigglypuffmelee:
5: Europhoria ($10.50) :marthmelee:
5: Hammertime ($10.50) :icsmelee:
7: Jethrotex :peachmelee:
7: Chalcogen :marthmelee:
9: Sylar :foxmelee:
9: Kason :foxmelee:/ :marthmelee:
9: Cyan :falcomelee:
9: Bernal :foxmelee:
13: The Piz :falcomelee:
13: EWC :foxmelee:
13: Syphilis :sheikmelee:
13: CoffeeBlack :falconmelee:
17: Dshi :falcomelee:
17: Rival :sheikmelee:/:falcomelee:
17: Wumpawolfy :drmario:
17: [BP] [EMG] Smash Central :marthmelee:
17: Kiwi Milkshake :falconmelee:
17: MPrime :falcomelee:
17: Mugi :marthmelee:
17: Coast :ganondorfmelee:

Pools
1: [EMG] Weon-X
1: KirbyKaze
1: RaynEX
1: Idea
1: Europhoria
1: EWC
1: Bernal
1: Chalcogen
2: Cyan
2: Kason
2: Syphilis
2: Jethrotex
2: [BP] [EMG] SmashCentral
2: Dshi
2: CoffeeBlack
2: Sylar
3: Coast
3: The Piz
3: Mugiwaran
3: Rival
3: Hammertime
3: WumpaWolfy
3: Kiwi Milkshake
3: MPrime
-----------------------------------------------------
4: Burns
4: NateDog
4: Krispy
4: Meth
4: Keatsta
4: PokaiJai
4: Jason L
4: CDP
5: Nafetsnahc
5: DRL
5: PickleSwag
5: AGM
5: MANO
5: Chopsticks
5: Brian
5: BTLR
6: Abdo
6: Fujiyoshi

Melee Doubles (13 entrants)
1: Lesbian Communist Cookies (Europhoria and RaynEX) ($78.00) :marthmelee: + :foxmelee:
2: Idea and [EMG] Weon-X ($39.00) :jigglypuffmelee: + :foxmelee:
3: Microwavable Norwegian Whale Meat (KirbyKaze and Jethrotex) ($13.00) :sheikmelee: + :peachmelee:
4: Sylar and Sanuzi :foxmelee: + :falcomelee:/ :foxmelee:
5: CoffeeBlack and Cyan (CoffeeBlack and Cyan) :falconmelee: + :falcomelee:
5: Freedom Fraud Fighters (Keatsta and EWC) :sheikmelee: + :foxmelee:
7: Just 2 Boyz (Bernal and Hammertime) :foxmelee: + :icsmelee:
7: Team FOB (Kason and Chalcogen) :foxmelee: + :marthmelee:
9: Waterloo Warriorz (Syphilis and Dshi) :sheikmelee: + :falcomelee:
9: EMG (Coast and [BP] [EMG] SmashCentral) :ganondorfmelee: + :marthmelee:
9: Capes and Missiles (MANO and AGM) :samusmelee: + ?
9: Jennifer Lawrence (NateDog and PickleSwag) :sheikmelee: + ?
13: DADS (Dad? and Dad!)

Project M Singles (15 entrants)
1: Hammertime and [EMG] Weon-X ($35.00 each) (Time Constraints) :lucas: and :fox:
3: [BP] [EMG] Smash Central ($7.50) :ivysaur:?
4: The Piz
5: Keatsta :mario2:
5: Kiwi Milkshake
7: Wumpawolfy
7: Coast :ganondorf:
9: PokaiJai
9: Abdo
9: Elmo
9: Pavorati
13: Nafetsnahc
13: Jason L
13: TKL97

~Vidalos Thread~

~Next one: December 28th~

Great tourney :) shoutouts to everyone who helped out with stuff, especially Dylan, Kason, Mike, and David (wanna email me that pools template, by the way?). And thanks to a few others who helped out with commentary/tallying pool sheets. I was running around a lot and I’m not sure who exactly did what. Oh, one person was PickleSwag.

And obviously shoutouts to Jenny, but she didn’t so much “help out” as “do almost everything by herself” :p

Coming next month:
- Dedicated T.O. section with bracket laptop/monitor
- PM Bracket starting earlier
- Pools results where Sylar doesn’t get written down as like 98th seed
- Challonge maybe?

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
also shoutouts to bernal getting the absolute top seed in the whole tournament haha peep that bracket yo.
and ggs juan that was a good set.
ggs to everyone i played
good stuff to kyle and jenny and dylan and who ever else helped for running the tourney.
also shoutouts to camilo bringin it home.
shoutouts to that sexy chalcogen mofo taken 7th, you almost had tom man, sooo close to sealing that 5th.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
worst ive done in like a year

next tournament will be the resurrection of based god
I feel these feels. I'm just going to keep telling myself something got messed up with the Melee results and I didn't do so bad.
I know I mentioned this on facebook, but just in case this thread is checked first: I played primarily Mario in Project M, maybe like 1-3 games with Ivy tops.

All-in-all, good tourny minus the difficulties with the T.O. Software. The player names and scores should be consistently updated on the stream for those watching at home, and commentary should be on-going as well. Myself and the rest of the EMG Crew are more than willing to assist with ensuring the next event runs on-time and meets general Smash streaming production standards.

idea

Smash Master
Next A&C on December 28th. I'll edit it it whenever Smashboards decides to stop crashing in the middle of the edit window...

Yeah, having a separate TO section will let us run the stream better. The main problem was that we needed that computer to deal with bracket issues, so even when there were people commentating they didn't necessarily have access to the mouse and keyboard.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Also that's the second time i've seen the computer there stop working randomly then boot up again with no problems O.o (except it did mess up the stream for like 9 minutes)

that should maybe be looked into by AnC

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Next A&C on December 28th. I'll edit it it whenever Smashboards decides to stop crashing in the middle of the edit window...

Yeah, having a separate TO section will let us run the stream better. The main problem was that we needed that computer to deal with bracket issues, so even when there were people commentating they didn't necessarily have access to the mouse and keyboard.
Ahh that's what you mean. Yeah using a different computer for the bracket would be a great idea. You're completely right - it was very difficult to update names and scores while all the bracket damage control was happening.

ThePiz

Smash Rookie
Good tourney, I love how even though Coffee fcked me in pools I placed just as well as him lol.

Also, Idea I used Fox in PM

idea

Smash Master
Also that's the second time i've seen the computer there stop working randomly then boot up again with no problems O.o (except it did mess up the stream for like 9 minutes)

that should maybe be looked into by AnC

That happens when you hit the Sleep button on the keyboard. The headsets are just high enough to press it when they're lying on the table lol

WumpaWolfy

Smash Cadet
First time making it out of pools! Next time make sure to get those Bernal/Kason friendlies on stream, easily the highlight of the tourney for me.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Still trying to wipe the grin off my face as I read KirbyKaze's and RaynEX's names in the results thread.

idea

Smash Master
Still trying to wipe the grin off my face as I read KirbyKaze's and RaynEX's names in the results thread.
You're here on the 28th, right? 'Cause that's when our next one of these is :) I just can't update the thread yet because smashboards lol

also why not do a 32 man bracket? 24 has always been jank to me and is more likely to cause weird seeding problems.
Mostly to save time. We could already tell we didn't have time for 32, and 16 seemed too small.

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
Coming next month:
- Dedicated T.O. section with bracket laptop/monitor
- PM Bracket starting earlier
- Pools results where Sylar doesn’t get written down as like 98th seed
- Challonge maybe?

I’ll update this with the date of next month’s tourney once that gets decided (aiming for December 28th since apparently Juggleguy will be in Toronto then).

Oh yeah, taking suggestions for the name of the next one.
That was my Fault for not recording my results. I apologize for any confusion and or Inconvenience I may have caused to tournament organizers and players. I won't forget next month :D

idea

Smash Master
That was my Fault for not recording my results. I apologize for any confusion and or Inconvenience I may have caused to tournament organizers and players. I won't forget next month :D

haha it's all good. i was pretty impressed with the guy who we thought got 2nd seed though lol

idea

Smash Master
Updated this a bit, added videos thread and new monthly thread. Can't figure out how to show the list of all emoticons while editing a post, so people's characters will probably stay as they are (I'll just put them in originally next month)

Top Bottom