• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/20 *P*L*U*R* Presents: HE IS ENTERTAINER!!

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Okay, R3 was fun, albeit being fairly umm...... cajun, you could say? I will definitely have both AC units running for this tourney all day.

Also, no one noticed one of my rules was a bit.... off in the R3 thread. XD

Location/Contact Info
The Loft Apartments
200 Loft Lane Apt 6
Raleigh, NC 27609

We're pretty much just off of Six Forks near the intersection of Six Forks and Millbrook.

If you get lost, are late, or anything else call/text me at 252-469-3764.

$5 Door fee
$5 Entry for all singles events
$10 Entry for all doubles events

60/30/10

Bring a set-up to get the door fee waived! That means console/game/TV. :D

Schedule
Registration starts at 11 with Melee starting at 12.
Melee should be done by 3 or 4. Which means after Melee singles, you guys can take an hour to get food. Brawl will start soon afterwards

Hopefully everything will fall into place from there without running too late into the night because I will probably have to work the next day.

Melee Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is handled by the Gentleman's Rule.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Green Greens
- Corneria
- Pulling your **** out(players have to go to random Neutral stage if this happens)

Banned:
everything else

Brawl Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* King Dedede's Standing Infinite is banned.
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 70 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Couterpicks:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Pulling your **** out(players have to go to random Neutral stage if this happens)

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

One of these doesn't belong.... >_> <_<

Set-ups
*P*L*U*R* - 1 Cube, 1 Melee, 1 Ikaruga, 3-4 TVs

House Rules
Shoes off at the door.
Smoking(Legal) get done outside.
Smoking(illegal) gets done downstairs if you're willing to share with my stoner roommates and in your own **** car if not.
In general though, unless its cool with my roomies stay away from downstairs unless you're going to the bathroom.
Don't hurt the cats
Don't make any huge messes
No johns
Ladies get in free(no door fee!) so bring em!
Moar Beer, Ace!

I'm trying to make no exceptions as far as lateness goes for this tourney. It's ****ing June, on a Saturday. No johns.

rhan

Smash Hero
PLUR you going to H.E.R.B 2? I would love to make this but I gotta save for that. You're amazing for hosting a tourney like every month.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
You know I'm coming to this, PLUR.

A mere 20 min drive + You + Other Bros + Tourney = Good ****

Simple math, really.

GAUVN

Smash Cadet
I'll be winning this.
Since you'll be helping set the bracket up, why don't you go ahead and set your first match with me and get me out of your way quickly. And if you don't, no matter what your rationale is, I will just assume you were too scared of me to do it :)

There's a new guy? a new guy with class and a powerful aura indeed.
New guy, I challenge you to a money match, 10 dollars, best of 5, tournament rules. Do you accept? Don't john about not knowing who I am, how i play, or who I main because the same applies to me. Besides, that's just half the fun right there.

Foxy

Smash Master
obviously i'll be here... and on time.

sorry for holding you up for a bit last time.

again, i'll bring 1 TV, 1 Melee, and 1 Brawl+ setup!

sounds like its gonna be good.

karn/pp/bill/behr wanna team?

Foxy

Smash Master
aww you guys, conspiring to steal our money.

alrighty then, i'll team with bill or behr and hope that richard and travvy-bear don't show up.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
this is like, 8 days before my birthday. maybe i can pity my mom into giving me a ride here.

probably not though

:/

Foxy

Smash Master
That would be fantastic, but we'd have to play friendlies first of course.

I need to be taught/evaluated and then you can decide if you wanna team.

Top Bottom