• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 characters who never should have been in the Smash Bros series.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
My picks -
Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Mario and Fox.
/sarcasm

... what? This thread is lame, and by no means is productive to the community in any way/shape/form.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
1. Pichu. No explanation needed here.
2. Jigglypuff. Could have put in a much cooler pokemon. Pretty much just a lame *** version of kirby. She's really just in the games for girls that ogle over cute pokemon.
3. Lucas. Ness was enough.
4. Toon link/ Young Link. The series already has three/four characters (depending on wether you count zelda/shiek as one or two) so I don't see why they needed clones.
5. Dr. Mario. Almost exactly the same as mario.

KhaosTy

Smash Rookie
I think putting in Diddy was a mistake. Diddy was never anything else but a sidekick, and while he's an excellent character in Brawl, I don't think that it made much sense to put him in. If they put him in, why didn't they put in Bowser Jr? or Waluigi? They just didn't have enough of an impact in their series to get put in, and really, niether did Diddy.

UnifiedRebellion

Smash Rookie
Actually, he was a joke character.

Also, all five of those have more reason than Snake and Sonic.
Very agreed. Snake? Really?.. Wtf. Also, I love when these Unskilled players bomb on a character like Wario or Jigglypuff because they themselves can't play with them. Just because YOU suck, does not make the character bad. I'm Horrid at Wario, DK, Luigi and some others but I know they are very good.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
1. Snake- this guy really has no place in the smash bros. series

2. Toon Link- either take him out or make his move set differ from Link's much more

3. R.O.B.- Ok for this one game, but make him assist trophy status, he's not a character in a game

4. Zero Suit Samus- Absolutely pointless, the point of playing as Samus is the suit, missles, beam, etc.

5. Jigglypuff- it's a little late at this point but Jiggs = Kirby. For me I would rather they just take out Jiggly and add something else. (I read the thread pls don't explain why jiggs should stay)

Other than that I'd like to see something more from Metroid(Dark Samus or Ridley), and a change to Ganon's moveset. I like the changes that they did but to me it's not enough, Ganon uses Swords, a Trident, and Magic. Give him something to reflect that.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
1. Snake- this guy really has no place in the smash bros. series
Great reasoning! [/sarcasm]

What gives you the right to decide what character has a place in the game? Because you made no arguments based on any other criteria.
4. Zero Suit Samus- Absolutely pointless, the point of playing as Samus is the suit, missles, beam, etc.
Great reasoning! [/sarcasm]

Why do you get to define samus' point?
5. Jigglypuff- it's a little late at this point but Jiggs = Kirby. For me I would rather they just take out Jiggly and add something else. (I read the thread pls don't explain why jiggs should stay)
Great reasoning![/sarcasm]

Jiggs = kirby, in what universe?

Oh and I love the "please don't debate me", that's just classic, if you don't want to debate, don't go to a thread that deals with debate.

To expect that, you'd have to, in your post, debunk all the pro-jiggs arguments made so far. And even then, you're still vulnerable to disagreement, or new arguments.

Here's an exhaustive list of the pro-jiggs arguments you debunked in your post:

*birds chirp*
*Crickets chirp*

Yep, that's it, you have no right to claim immunity on this, just based on reading previous arguments.

So yes, entrance to the game is primarily about japanese popularity, and jiggs is very popular in Japan, therefore she stays.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Where does it say in the OP to debate? It just asked for 5. There are 5. /End
Because you're submitting your list to the board as a whole, which opens it up to critique, and therefore debate. Basically, it falls within the purview of the thread, therefore it will happen.

You don't have to, but if you don't provide a reasonable counter-argument, it's pretty much assumed that your suggestions were poor.

So, while you can choose not to participate you cannot force others to not grind your points into dust.

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
1. Pichu (melee) - he hurts himself and hes exactly like Pikachu.. completely pointless.

2. Mr Game and Watch (melee) - awful character in Melee but hes good now in Brawl.

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
I think putting in Diddy was a mistake. Diddy was never anything else but a sidekick, and while he's an excellent character in Brawl, I don't think that it made much sense to put him in. If they put him in, why didn't they put in Bowser Jr? or Waluigi? They just didn't have enough of an impact in their series to get put in, and really, niether did Diddy.
Ever heard of Diddy Kong Racing. That was hardcore.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
So yes, entrance to the game is primarily about japanese popularity, and jiggs is very popular in Japan, therefore she stays.
Sure and that's how R.O.B., G&W, and Olimar got in. /sarcasm
Also is she really popular to this day? It's hard to believe that a random *** pokemon like that thing can still be popular when she doesn't appear in the d*** anime anymore and that's like the only place where you can recognize her besides ssb and ssb popularity doesn't count IMO.

Stoshu1234

Smash Rookie
the only reason I disagree with Jiggly Puff not being in the series is I would hate to see a SSB game without all of the original 12.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
the only reason I disagree with Jiggly Puff not being in the series is I would hate to see a SSB game without all of the original 12.
this original 12 thing will never cease to confuse me. is it really THAT important? Seriously, wake up.

joeismann

Smash Rookie
Starfox is kinda pushing it too. I mean, 2 heroes and a villain? Either cut Falco or Wolf because you certainly don't need both.

they need a thing like pokemon trainer like star fox yo could switch with fox falco and maype prob not slippy
and star wolf would have wolf leon and panther

RobotsInTheSky

Smash Rookie
I personally think that the Ice Climbers and Olimar could be cut out

so

1) IC
2) Olimar
3) JPuff
4) Peach
5) Diddy K

Id like to see them replaced with people like
Megaman and shadow

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Lucario's the only one who doesn't really belong, really.

I mean seriously, what the hell is he doing here? He's not even on the same level of popularity as Pikachu and Jigglypuff in Japan last I heard.

They basically brought him in to promote a single movie which was outdated by the time Brawl finally came out. <.<

ZSS is fanservice, so she's fine.

Kief

Smash Ace
i just think its stupid what characters they decide to make good. like snake being the 3rd heaviest character and being able to punch threw link's sword moves is just ********. its ******** how good gaymen watch is as well. i could write a huge wall of text about a bunch of characters but i'll save you all the trouble :p

lil cj

Smash Lord
Theres alot of IC,Olimar, and ROB hate going on
...From reading most of the previous pages

All of them deserve a spot

Ice Climbers...even though they only had like one game the game was popular and I guess Nintendo wanted to add in a surprise classic character(s) that is different from the rest of the cast. Two fighters that have to work together to win is pure genious. And look they even make a come back in Brawl...they're one of the most deadly fighters in Brawl

Olimar is the most recent nintendo original character. His games are popular and even becoming a franchize(I hear theres going to be a pikmin 3). Like the Ice Climbers he introduces and new unique fighting style.Its just something to get used to.

ROB...I understand why people dont like him...because he was just an accessory and he doesnt even have his own franchize of games. And he does seem like a joke character. But besides all that he's a great character no matter if people dont think he should be in or not.

All the character deserve a spot...they all have their reasons why they are in

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Lucario's the only one who doesn't really belong, really.

I mean seriously, what the hell is he doing here? He's not even on the same level of popularity as Pikachu and Jigglypuff in Japan last I heard.

They basically brought him in to promote a single movie which was outdated by the time Brawl finally came out. <.<

ZSS is fanservice, so she's fine.

They wanted to rep the new generation. Pokemon Trainer already uses the three classic starters, so you can't have another trainer with them. Dialga, Palkia and Giratina? Uhhh, no. The way I see it, Lucario was a perfect choice if they didn't want to go clone happy with Pikachu again in adding Pachirisu. Plus, I don't believe there was ever a popular fighting Pokemon in the past three generations. Lucario is the first profilic fighting type, and that's reason enough for it to be in Smash.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Theres alot of IC,Olimar, and ROB hate going on
...From reading most of the previous pages

All of them deserve a spot

Ice Climbers...even though they only had like one game the game was popular and I guess Nintendo wanted to add in a surprise classic character(s) that is different from the rest of the cast. Two fighters that have to work together to win is pure genious. And look they even make a come back in Brawl...they're one of the most deadly fighters in Brawl

Olimar is the most recent nintendo original character. His games are popular and even becoming a franchize(I hear theres going to be a pikmin 3). Like the Ice Climbers he introduces and new unique fighting style.Its just something to get used to.

ROB...I understand why people dont like him...because he was just an accessory and he doesnt even have his own franchize of games. And he does seem like a joke character. But besides all that he's a great character no matter if people dont think he should be in or not.

All the character deserve a spot...they all have their reasons why they are in
stop basing deservance off a moveset. Almost any character can have a unique moveset so stop saying it's some miracle. it's not. and just because they have a reason doesn't make them the best choice. not only that the IC franchise was easily forgotten. i mean if they loved it so much why aren't any sequals. heck even any REQUEST for sequals. at least other series like earthbound got sequals and are still liking them.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Everyone (even frickin' Jigglypuff) ever present in the series deserves to have been in the Smash games, but if I had to cut 5, I'd pick

5, 4, 3) Pokémon Trainer
2) Snake or Sonic
1) JIGGLYPUFF

LightningRoy9

Smash Cadet
I hate ROB and Bowser. But who I really hate is Marth. He shouldnt have been in it. Hes just a clone of Roy. The difference is, he can't love women instead of men.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Actually Roy is the Marth clone.
You have to unlock Marth before you get Roy, Roy was only added to Melee to market his game (in other words, Roy appeared in Melee before he appeared in his own game, unlike Marth) and Marth is the "face/mascot", or closest thing to it, of Fire Emblem, while Roy is a footnote. Also, Marth has appeared in more Fire Emblem games than any other FE Lord.

Aura_Fear

Smash Cadet
4. R.O.B.: *Raises yet another flame shield*. Hear me out again, please. When I first found out ROB was going to be in the game, I was amused; An old NES accessory as a character? Hilarious. While ROB's a decent character, his inclusion makes about as much sense as adding the zapper as a character.

5.Jigglypuff: Now Jigglypuff has been around since the SSB64, but IMO, she was
also added to the popularity of the Pokemon anime. If the anime never existed, do you think that she would still be playable? Probably not.
Feel free to add your own picks for 5 characters that should never have been in the Smash Bros series.
These two I don't agree with. R.O.B, while an accessory, helped save the video game industry from a crash. As importance goes, it's just as important as about half the characters in the Smash series. There's also the possibility that the SSE was created first with the Ancient Minister not serving any purpose after revelation and ROB was added as playable later.

Jigglypuff was the second most popular pokemon in Japan at the time of SSB64's release. While this popularity was only due to the anime, you could say the same thing about Pikachu. My only gripe about Puff is that she replaced Mewtwo in SSB64. :mad:

The only reason I'm not comparing Pichu to Puff and Pikachu is that Pichu was just an incarnation of an already existing character that served little importance to the series. It wasn't even all that popular. Pikachu had two games based around it (Yellow and Hey You, Pikachu, with Channel coming later).

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
1. Game and Watch
2. Lucas
3. DeDeDe
4. Jigglypuff
5. Lucario

That's only Brawl characters and in no particular order. I'd add Doc and Pichu if we include Melee.

Cron_Ace

Smash Rookie
DR. MARIO (Worst clonez)
You're illiterate AND stupid IMO. Its CLONES, not CLONEZ. get it right. In your opinion and a lot of other people's opinions, Dr. Mario was a bad character. To me, he was the greatest Smash character invented. The differences between him and Mario are noticeable, you just have to take time and see what they are. Here's what I came up with in 5 minutes tops:

1) Pills < Fireballs. Simple. The fireballs MAY go longer, but the pills do more damage.
2) Stronger. Mario may be faster and can wall-kick, but Dr. Mario makes up for that with his Vitamin Punch.
3) Cape is thinner. He may not get aerial distance from this maneuver, but he sure can reflect faster. Amazing, I know.
4) Elements. Dr. Mario has lightning, Mario has Fire. Ever noticed? No? Okay. Next time you play Melee, go into training and select Dr. Mario. Do a right Smash attack, and pause-Do you see the lightning sparks emitting from his palm?
5) Spiking. You know how Mario could spike with his fist? Dr. Mario could-but his spike would make opponents go in the OPPOSITE direction. E.g. UP instead of DOWN

Don't even try to argue back with stuff like "Well, he suckd!", because that's not a fact, it's an opinion. Go ahead and try to say something-choke instead. Too late, you already DID.

@Topic; 5 characters who shouldn't have EVER been in? Okay, easy.

1) Jigglypuff. I understand that she's one of the BEST at aerial combos, but...why?
2) Young Link. Wow. His shield sucked compared to Link's METAL shield (could catch on fire), his arrows didn't go as far and he was shorter? So much for that IMO.
3) Falco. I'M NOT HATING, I LIKE FALCO. Instead of giving him Fox's move set, why not give him something more to his animal-istic side, such as...beak? feathers? claws? I don't really like how they gave his Reflector x-distance scale reach, but then again, it does help in combos. I'm only saying that they should have given him a different move set, rather than be a clone with like 4 different moves.
4) Pichu. WHY would you want to be a character who hurts yourself? I guess they had no time to put in another character, and decided to re-make a crappier version of Pikachu the best they could.
5)Roy. Cool to advertise his game and all, but couldn't they have put in another character for the AMERICAN side of the world? About 99% of Americans didn't know WTH Fire Emblem was; I sure didn't. It's cool to have Marth, but Roy is just...off.

James1119

Smash Cadet
You're illiterate AND stupid IMO. Its CLONES, not CLONEZ. get it right. In your opinion and a lot of other people's opinions, Dr. Mario was a bad character. To me, he was the greatest Smash character invented. The differences between him and Mario are noticeable, you just have to take time and see what they are. Here's what I came up with in 5 minutes tops:

1) Pills < Fireballs. Simple. The fireballs MAY go longer, but the pills do more damage.
2) Stronger. Mario may be faster and can wall-kick, but Dr. Mario makes up for that with his Vitamin Punch.
3) Cape is thinner. He may not get aerial distance from this maneuver, but he sure can reflect faster. Amazing, I know.
4) Elements. Dr. Mario has lightning, Mario has Fire. Ever noticed? No? Okay. Next time you play Melee, go into training and select Dr. Mario. Do a right Smash attack, and pause-Do you see the lightning sparks emitting from his palm?
5) Spiking. You know how Mario could spike with his fist? Dr. Mario could-but his spike would make opponents go in the OPPOSITE direction. E.g. UP instead of DOWN

Don't even try to argue back with stuff like "Well, he suckd!", because that's not a fact, it's an opinion. Go ahead and try to say something-choke instead. Too late, you already DID.

NONE of that matters. It's the actual moves that count. The fact that he shoots pills instead of fireballs, well, they still shoot the same and stuff. He was the worst clone ever.

Top Bottom