• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List V4 - Competitive Insight & Analysis

Iridium

Smash Hero
pretty sure the last time we saw MK from leo was at tokaigi
..............where it got 4-0'ed by Nairo.............
That reminds me of how Leo at one point said he wanted to try out Sheik. I wonder if he would ever think of doing that legitimately towards any top player.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
That reminds me of how Leo at one point said he wanted to try out Sheik. I wonder if he would ever think of doing that legitimately towards any top player.
I remembered one day that ANTi claimed that he is dropping Mario for Sheik. That never came to fruition lol.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
so uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Mistake lost to keitaro and slamshady in RR pools and came out 3rd, in top 32 losers I think

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
so uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Mistake lost to keitaro and slamshady in RR pools and came out 3rd, in top 32 losers I think
Off his game or going secondaries? That is interesting...

The Keitaro set came out 2-1, and he uses Falco (and maybe Mii Brawler).
The SlamSHADY set came out 2-0, and he uses Ness if I am not mistaken.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Off his game or going secondaries? That is interesting...

The Keitaro set came out 2-1, and he uses Falco (and maybe Mii Brawler).
The SlamSHADY set came out 2-0, and he uses Ness if I am not mistaken.
neither? someone on twitter said he was fooling around for some reason, to protest RR pools or something?

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
From his Twitter, it seems as though he was not sandbagging, although he's fasting (purposely avoiding food), so that could be causing his poor play.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
So... this set happened.

And it didn't look like Mistake was sandbagging either
He was clearly messing around game 2. There were a bunch of different times he could have just used a smash attack to kill, but he didn't and it cost him the game.

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
So... this set happened.

In what way does that not look like sandbagging? He let Keitaro live despite witch timing him at kill percents no less than 5 times, fell into Keitaro's upsmash despite having all his specials, and jumped into Nair on the right platform 3 times in a row. And that's ignoring the fact that Mistake is usually very good at calling out bad rolls, which Keitaro's neutral seems to be exclusively composed of. I'm not saying it was intentional, but if it wasn't, I'm worried about Mistake's health.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Fatality 3-1 sinji, prolly would've been 3-0 if he hadn't gotten snagged on the platform early that stock
He played the mu rather well imo

also vinnie 3-0 dabuz
jesus what is vinnie on today

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
ALPHA II (81 Entrants) (Tristate) (C Tier)

1st: Light:4fox:
2nd: Fatality:4falcon:
3rd: Gen:4ryu::4bayonetta2:
4th: Vinnie:4sheik:
5th: Sinji:4pacman:
5th: Dabuz:rosalina:
7th: 6WX:4sonic:
7th: Mr. E:4marth::4lucina:
9th: Dark Wizzy:4mario:
9th: Odyssey:4fox:
9th: Glare:4bayonetta2:
9th: Stocktaker69:4villager:

Notable Players out Earlier:
13th: Raptor:4yoshi:
13th: Ralphie:4cloud2:
17th: Scot!:4luigi:

Fatality almost 6-0'ed him, then Light just made a sudden reverse 3-0. The commentary was very appropriate for that set. LOL

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
From his Twitter, it seems as though he was not sandbagging, although he's fasting (purposely avoiding food), so that could be causing his poor play.
Hmm, why does he fast today??
It's a religion thing.
I would personally avoid competitions during this period, but to each their own.
:196:

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
really I didn't know that I usually have a lot of trouble against captain falcon with marth
It's not because the matchup is bad, it's because Fatality plays it terribly. The frequency with which he goes for falling upair despite knowing Mr. E is jump happy saddens me. Fatality doesn't seem very good at spacing, which definitely doesn't help (to be fair, neither is Mr. E). He also rolls OoS a lot, but Falcon doesn't have many good OoS options so I guess it makes sense, though he shouldn't be shielding nearly as much as he does in the first place.

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Accident hit post. Wheeee

So... this set happened.

Nah, he was sandbagging game 2 for sure. The whole set had friendly-level play from both players, honestly. In game 1, Keitaro missed two huge opportunities when Mistake was landing, for instance.

I look forward to when Keitaro actually plays seriously, because his neutral is so idiosyncratic.

Hmm, why does he fast today??
Ramadan, fam.
It's not because the matchup is bad, it's because Fatality plays it terribly. The frequency with which he goes for falling upair despite knowing Mr. E is jump happy saddens me. Fatality doesn't seem very good at spacing, which definitely doesn't help (to be fair, neither is Mr. E). He also rolls OoS a lot, but Falcon doesn't have many good OoS options so I guess it makes sense, though he shouldn't be shielding nearly as much as he does in the first place.
Yeah, this. Falcon has to be a little more judicious when he leaves the ground, because Marcina is built out of anti-air horse. Jab and Ftilt shred predictable jump-ins with minimal effort. But Mr. E is definitely a more aggressive Marcina, so good opportunities should be in decent supply.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Thanks

Yeah that was a strange set, it looked like Mistake kept not continuing a combo, not using a kill move when he could of (such as at the end of game 2 where he witch timed Keitaro while on the ground and f-aired him instead of using a smash attack), or at one point he even seemed to have fallen into lill moves (in gane 3, it looked like he fell into that up smash despite being sblr to avoid it), and there were some other times where he did some strange things. Yeah, that was probably the weirdest set I've watched.

ReVerbIsSuperb

Smash Cadet
For everyone wondering exactly how that set went down and why Larry is frustrated:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Another big splash for villager!
Well it is only a C tier with only 81 entrants. Panda Bair's performance at Smash'N'Splash is the... splash....

For everyone wondering exactly how that set went down and why Larry is frustrated:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I think Mistake "doubted" Falco too much. Many missed opportunities to edgeguard him, and him running to that fully charged back hit of up-smash.

Larry Lurr 3-2 Mistake
That was wild lol
Was about to comment on that. He is now in loser's bracket, with Larry finally defeating his demon.

This is just not Mistake's weekend, isn't it.

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Well it is only a C tier with only 81 entrants. Panda Bair's performance at Smash'N'Splash is the... splash....
HEY HEY HEY, anything villager does nowadays is big, the character went down the wormhole of obscurity after Ranai quit smash and started playing pokken despite that being a tree bearing no fruit.
At this point I'm just fetching for ham scraps here.

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
HEY HEY HEY, anything villager does nowadays is big, the character went down the wormhole of obscurity after Ranai quit smash and started playing pokken despite that being a tree bearing no fruit.
At this point I'm just fetching for ham scraps here.
Ranai plays Splatoon, not Pokken.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Samsora:rosalina::4peach: 3-2 Tweek:4cloud2:

The fact that Samsora Rosa-rage janked Tweek on game one definitely helped him in the end.

Larry Lurr:4fox: 3-0 Captain L:4pikachu::4jigglypuff:

On game two, Captain L tried to use repeat the same puffy success against Larry. It ended very badly for L: two stocked and only about 60% on Larry. XD

Edit:
Tweek:4bayonetta: 3-1 Marss:4zss:

Simply a clean victory for Tweek.

Mistake:4bayonetta2: 3-0 Captain L:4pikachu::4jigglypuff:

Another game two Puff attempt. Ended in even more depressing failure.

Samsora:4peach: 3-1 Larry Lurr:4fox:

Second PGR'ed grand finals Samsora has reached. Can he win his second PGR win, even if it is a C tier like the first time?

Tweek:4bayonetta: 3-1 Mistake:4bayonetta2:

Not big surprise.

Tweek:4bayonetta::4bayonetta2: 3-0 Larry Lurr:4fox:

Samsora:4peach: 3-1 Tweek:4bayonetta2::4cloud2::4dk:

Tweek tried out the DK on game 4. Didn't end too well. Anyways, congrats to Samsora!

Last edited:

ismaaa

Smash Rookie
could samsora :4peach: be a contender for a spot in the top 15-10 for the next pgr? He had a lot of good wins and placements this season

Top Bottom