• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v2.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
I feel like people forget stroder exists. He beat Falln less than a week ago and got 5th at gambit: Falln with greninja. He will also be attending MM saga under the tag strozai (which ironically means existence in Japanese, as people seem to forget he exists lol)

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Shuton :4olimar: 2-1 :rosalina: Dabuz

all three games were very close

Abadango :4mewtwo: 2-1 :4bayonetta: Hiro
Ranai :4villager: 2-1 :4bayonetta: Ikep
Mr. R :4sheik: 2-0 :4sonic: KEN

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
kameme really is falling off hard

letting ESAM go to Lylat G1 is probably the worst decision a player has made so far this year

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
ESAM's Lylat Cancels (Platform Cancelling off the main part of Lylat) Were amazing.

I'm not sure if it's Kameme falling off, he was never as good as we thought, or people Knowing Mega Man but he's really struggling.

Fenny

Smash Ace
Kameme must have felt Sakurai's gaze and dropped his footstool kill confirms on purpose

I imagine that's the same reason all the Bayos sandbagged hardcore this tourney

THEY PLAY THE LONG GAME

Last edited:

Wingdings

Smash Rookie
I don't think Kameme is falling off and I don't know if Kameme was just people not knowing the matchup because he's always done well vs players who are used to him and therefore know the matchup. Megaman is a constant struggle anyway, since his reward is very hard to tap into. At peak level, players are at a very close skill level so outplaying someone as hard as you have to as Megaman is not exactly realistic. Just my two cents on the subject, I might just be talking nonsense.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Ally :4mario: 2-0 :4bayonetta: 9B
ESAM :4pikachu: 2-0 :4megaman: Kameme
Dabuz :rosalina: 2-0 :4bayonetta: Hiro (13th)
KEN :4sonic: 2-0 :4bayonetta: Ikep (13th)

irokex13

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Irokex21
It might just be me, but isn't it a tad odd to say "X player is falling off" when they're STILL IN THE TOURNAMENT!?

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
It might just be me, but isn't it a tad odd to say "X player is falling off" when they're STILL IN THE TOURNAMENT!?
Well, considering Tsu~ just beat Kameme 2-0 in losers, I don't really know about that... didn't even win a single game in tourney.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
9B :4bayonetta: 2-0 :4falcon:Kare~ (13th)
Tsu- :4lucario: 2-0 :4megaman: Kameme (13th)
Ranai :4villager: 2-1 :4sheik::4cloud2: Mr. R
Abadango :4mewtwo: 2-1 :4olimar: Shuton
9B :4bayonetta: 2-1 :4olimar: Shuton (9th)
Nairo :4zss: 2-0 :4mario: Ally

Last edited:

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
It might not be a good idea to bring out the pocket Cloud against a guy whose practice partner/teammate is Komorikiri.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
ESAM please

Kirihara :rosalina: 2-1 ESAM :4pikachu: :4mewtwo:

His Mewtwo got a game and had the stock lead and then Kiri brought it all the way back.

Wingdings

Smash Rookie
Nah, it's not really johns. But people do feel this massive need to validate their loss to that character in particular with an explanation and making sure to highlight both characters percentages.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
KEN :4sonic: 2-0 :4pikachu: ESAM (9th)
Abadango :4mewtwo: 2-1 :4villager: Ranai
Nairo :4zss: 2-1 :rosalina: Kirihara
KEN :4sonic: 2-0 :rosalina::4olimar: Dabuz (7th)

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
In this game, Bayonetta's killing problem should be extremely apparent to those watching. 9B got him to 100+ Easily then all he could do was fish for Bairs as Tsu- slowly got more and more dangerous. While 9B did eventually land the killing Bair, it was at 194%.

EDIT: Tsu- :4lucario: 2-1 9B :4bayonetta2:

9B spent a majority of both games fishing for bairs and running for his life vs Lucario. He got 1 Witch time, 0 Ladders, and 0 Edgeguards the entire set.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Offtopic and might been banned since I leaved, but I just played in local with the "proposed ruleset." HORRIBLE. Literally every single game I had was in Trashville. For some reason people didn't want to play my Ness in FD and since I didn't want to be a moving piñata I banned Battlefield. No one ever bothered to counterpick me (Duck Hunt is gone, DL/BF are one and I banned it, Town and City I guess everyone including myself forgot existed, and Omegas are tied with FD which they always ban). I mean, I like Smashville because it one of Ness' best stages, but I really missed BSing people in Lylat (which I bother practicing) or getting T&C game one, I don't know, anything that doesn't get dull really fast.

Lucario johns.
Lucario gets away with really nasty rage nonsense, I think it is justified.

KEN :4sonic: 2-0 Freesam :4pikachu:
I know ESAM is inconsistent but there is no need to call him "Freesam." He got 9th which by the entrant numbers is quite good.

EDIT: Thought it was a major. Still beat good players to get 9th.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Tokaigi Cup (16 Entrants) (Japan)

1st: Nairo :4zss:
2nd: KEN :4sonic:
3rd: Abadango :4mewtwo:
4th: Tsu- :4lucario:
5th: Ranai :4villager:
5th: Kirihara :rosalina:
7th: Dabuz :rosalina: (Maybe :4olimar: )
7th: 9B :4bayonetta2:
9th: ESAM :4pikachu: :4mewtwo:
9th: Ally :4mario:
9th: Shuton :4olimar:
9th: Mr. R :4sheik: :4cloud2:
13th: Ikep :4bayonetta2:
13th: Hiro :4bayonetta2:
13th: Kare~ :4falcon:
13th: Kameme :4megaman:

not sure how you want to count this, Koopa, since it's 16 people, but has 6 members of the top 15 (4 of which are in the top 10), #47, and every other player there, especially 9B and Shuton, are also extremely skilled.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
it's considered Category 4 for the player ranking and I'll probably just list it as "category 1" for the character-side of the database

FYI: Dabuz apparently beat Ally with Olimar

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Is it a japanese standard to lose on Round 1 or 2 and then make it all the way back through losers?
Both Ken and Tsu did lose R1, destroyed the bracket until they met at LSF and then Ken still managed to almost win the whole thing.
I love the Japanese Meta.
:196:

Last edited:

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
Looks like the witch hunt is over, people are just burning them now lmao

For real though, the more I watch her, and the more I play her personally, the more I realize Bayonetta does have an actual killing problem. It's not even like Sheik where there's a huge misconception that she has killing problems, Bayonetta has almost no safe confirms and relies on WT/bair for most of her stocks.

Fenny

Smash Ace
Looks like the witch hunt is over, people are just burning them now lmao

For real though, the more I watch her, and the more I play her personally, the more I realize Bayonetta does have an actual killing problem. It's not even like Sheik where there's a huge misconception that she has killing problems, Bayonetta has almost no safe confirms and relies on WT/bair for most of her stocks.
to be fair, he really shouldn't have been

Eventually he could have started mixing up his Bair fishes with dABK confirms, which start to give kill setups after 100%. She definitely has a hard time killing easily, but 9B was making it harder than was necessary.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Is it a japanese standard to lose on Round 1 or 2 and then make it all the way back through losers?
It actually is, kinda. Calling it 'standard' might be an exaggeration but massive loser bracket runs definitely happen at japanese tournaments quite a bit.

:059:

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Massive losers runs happen in America a lot as well. Look at Losers zero, losers Larry, losers esam etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom