• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v2.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Larry Lurr :4fox: 3-1 WaDi :4mewtwo:

Good stuff from WaDi. Guy has a good chance at being the best American Mewtwo if he keeps this up.

D

Deleted member

Larry Lurr :4fox: 3-1 K9Sbruce :4diddy:
And with that, we have our top 8!

Winners:
Komorikiri :4sonic: :4cloud2:
Nairo :4zss:
ZeRo :4diddy:
Rich Brown :4mewtwo:

Losers:
Larry Lurr :4fox:
WaDi :4mewtwo:
Elegant :4luigi:
Ally :4mario:

K9Sbruce :4sheik: :4diddy: - Lost to Rich Brown :4mewtwo: and Larry Lurr :4fox:
ANTi :4mario: :substitute: - Lost to ZeRo :4diddy: and WaDi :4mewtwo:
VoiD :4sheik: - Lost to Nairo :4zss: and Elegant :4luigi:
Captain Zack :4bayonetta2: - Lost to Rich Brown :4mewtwo: and Ally :4mario:

Ito :4metaknight: - lost to Komorikiri :4cloud2: :4sonic: and Larry Lurr :4fox:
Zenyou :4mario: - Lost to Nairo :4zss: and WaDi :4mewtwo:
Abadango :4mewtwo: :4pacman: - lost to B7Games :4drmario: and Elegant :4luigi:
Phoenix :4sonic: - Lost to Komorikiri :4sonic: :4cloud2: and Captain Zack :4bayonetta2:

Xzax :4fox: - lost to Ally :4mario: and Larry Lurr :4fox:
TearBear :4falcon: - lost to Rice :4fox: :4mario: and Ito :4metaknight:
Aarvark :4villager: - lost to Ito :4metaknight: and Zenyou :4mario:
Falln :rosalina: - lost to VoiD :4sheik: and WaDi :4mewtwo:
Zan :4tlink: - lost to ZeRo :4diddy: and Elegant :4luigi:
Tyrant :4sheik: :4metaknight: - lost to ANTi :4mario: :substitute: and Abadango :4mewtwo:
TLTC :4palutena: - lost to K9Sbruce :4sheik: and Phoenix :4sonic:
Soulimar :4olimar: - lost to Zan :4tlink: and Captain Zack :4bayonetta2:
Worth noting Nicko:4shulk:got 25th place, he even used :4dedede: a couple games on stream. Nice to see Shulk continuing to pull in decent performances.

Ethan7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BulbapediaEditor
Ally :4mario: 3-0 over Elegant :4luigi:
Good games between the Mario bros..

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Elegant is seriously the best Luigi at this point.

7th Place:
WaDi :4mewtwo: - lost to AC :4falco: and Larry Lurr :4fox:
Elegant :4luigi: - lost to Rich Brown :4mewtwo: and Ally :4mario:

EDIT: Nairo :4zss: 3-1 Komorikiri :4cloud2:

EDIT2: ZeRo :4diddy: 3-0 Rich Brown :4mewtwo:

Last edited:

Ethan7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BulbapediaEditor
ZeRo :4diddy: 3-0 over Rich Brown :4mewtwo:
ZeRo's movement was looking crisp. Glad to see my main doing well.

Look's like we'll see a ZeRo VS Nairo winner's finals.

Last edited:

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
It's so bad for Mewtwo, man.

Rich didn't try and camp zero at all though.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
You should be sorry, because he shouldn't make his decisions based on "hurting Pac's Meta."

He's playing for himself, not to encourage players to pick up the character. It doesn't matter if he's the #1 Pac or the #99, if he thinks his Pacman will work, he should go for it. Who are you to tell him he should stop playing a character?

Characters with such strong punish games (Luigi, Ryu, DK, heavies) theoretically get camped out by zoners like Pac and Mega, etc. However, the mechanics of smash 4 allows for zoning mistakes or outplays to get in (Powershields, aggressive rolls, high risk/reward burst options) and games can be taken.

The reason why the Diddy w/banana can be a top tier zoner is because his zoning results in a strong positional advantage he can abuse.
Man look, while I agree that he isn't the authority on who Abadango should or should not play, I can understand the underlying frustration.

Every time Abadango brings out his rather rusty Pac-Man nowadays, he gets bodied. This is fine of course (it's his decision after all) but the excuses that come afterward are what annoy Pacman mains. Last time Abadango brought out pacman against Zinoto, Twitter was full of people calling pacman a "bottom tier" and how Abadango lost solely because he was using a **** tier character. That and a lot of misinformation on pacman's usmash began to spread...

Side note: It's not the usmash hitbox that's terrible here...stunned opponents don't take knockback from weak attacks. Hence why the first hit of usmash failed to carry into second hit. It has the knockback of a jab which is fine in all other circumstances. He should have ran behind Zinoto and then threw out usmash.

While I'm no advocate for "high tier pacman" anymore, it is annoying when everyone calls your character trash because your sole rep is rusty with him. Again, not saying that Aba should play for pac's meta over himself, but just that I understand why Aaron feels this way.

I do think Aaron1997 Aaron1997 's frustration is misguided however. Let Abadango continue to do what he feels is logical. It's up to the next gen pacman mains to prove themselves.

I'm no pacman main anymore but I encourage your enthusiasm :grin:

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Larry Lurr :4fox: 3-1 Komorikiri :4cloud2:

5th Place:
Komorikiri :4sonic: :4cloud2: - lost to Nairo :4zss: and Larry Lurr :4fox:

Last edited:

Megamang

Smash Lord
1/4 of top 8 is mewtwo, and we're surprised there isnt another.

Dont know about you, but i am never surprised when a m2 takes out a mario or, to a lesser extent, shiek.These were by far the least surprising upsets today IMO. Good character

Nairo's ZSS is on a new level. Ive never seen zss this good.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Ally :4mario: 3-1 Rich Brown :4mewtwo:

5th Place:
Komorikiri :4sonic::4cloud2: - lost to Nairo :4zss: and Larry Lurr :4fox:
Rich Brown :4mewtwo: - lost to ZeRo :4diddy: and Ally :4mario:

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
So sad Abadango lost. The 2GG curse continues. VoiD again, another close, heartbreaking set to Nairo, losing to the classic ZSS combo when he was winning. It's tough losing like that, but what can you do, its ZSS, she can turn it up at anytime.
Also, Nairo and ZeRo Winners Finals! Haven't seen that in a while

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
You know, what happened here, with the wonkiest shield break in history followed by one of the worst shield break punishes I've seen, actually raises to me a rather philosophical question:
What do you do after a shield break?
I go for a lot of shield breaks and consquentially I get a lot of them, but no matter how many I get, I never get any less nervous if the person is below fully charged Shield Breaker KO% (35% at the ledge). It seems that punishing shield breaks is something very few are really prepared for. This isn't the first time I've seen something like this.

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
@Locke 06 Your right Mb. I got carried away and What I said was Purely salt. I'm just frustrated that everytime He plays Pac its a disaster and Makes him look bad. Like Nu~ Nu~ said, Forget about Aba that time is over. Let the New Pac's Rise.

Last edited:

Ethan7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BulbapediaEditor
:4diddy: ZeRo 3-1 over Nairo :4lucina: & :4zss:
Nairo using the Lucina hyped the audience, especially after 2 stocking ZeRo in game one. ZeRo goes on takes the set.

Edit: TDK TDK LOL, we were both prepared. I don't think she will get points as she didn't actually contribute to Nairo's placing yet.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
ZeRo :4diddy: 3-1 Nairo :4zss: :4lucina:

Pretty sure Lucina'll get a place in Das Koopa's rankings because Nairo did take a game with her.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
"All 4 Lucina mains in the world are losing their minds right now."
Yes.
Yes we are.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that... was...
a very good display of Lucina skill. But the problem is that he did a few mistakes that costed him games he could've won (Dude, 3 Dolphin Slashes in a row, especially after the first one got you killed?!)
Still, Nairo, show us more!!!

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Its not surprising to me that Nairo used his Lucina, as I watch his stream a lot and he does use a lot of characters. Definitely threw ZeRo off guard, he struggles against Mr. E's Marth and Lucy is very similar. Good stuff to Nairo for taking a game, but I'm glad ZeRo didn't lose the set to Lucy. That would have been frustrating for me, lol

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
"Diddy's recovery can be hit out of, so just gimp him."

>ZeRo proceeds to charge UpB more than a full hop away so he can release it if they jump, or keep it charged and keep mixing up the trajectory if they stay.

Yeah ok.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
You know, what happened here, with the wonkiest shield break in history followed by one of the worst shield break punishes I've seen, actually raises to me a rather philosophical question:
What do you do after a shield break?
I go for a lot of shield breaks and consquentially I get a lot of them, but no matter how many I get, I never get any less nervous if the person is below fully charged Shield Breaker KO% (35% at the ledge). It seems that punishing shield breaks is something very few are really prepared for. This isn't the first time I've seen something like this.
That's something that really has to be practiced in advance. Samus players have bomb to spike, Kirby (and Dedede) just charge their hammers, Little Mac has Straight Lunge... I don't know what Mewtwo has. If anything, it should be used to set up the highest possible damage (if you can't outright kill).

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
I know what Rich Brown was going for, he was trying to read that airdodge after the bair, but I'm sure there are better shieldbreak and more guaranteed punishes with Mewtwo. I just don't really know, maybe he wanted to try something new.

D

Deleted member

2GGT: Abadango Saga (544 entrants) - Top 48 Character Diversity

:4sheik:x5
:4fox:x4
:4mewtwo:x4
:4diddy:x4
:4mario:x4
:4metaknight:x4
:4bayonetta:x2
:4olimar:x2
:4myfriends:x2
:4sonic:x2
:4villager:x2
:4corrinf:x2
:4falco:x2
:4luigi:x1
:4zss:x1
:4cloud2:x1
:4shulk:x1
:4dedede:x1
:4peach:x1
:4ludwig:x1
:4gaw:x1
:4tlink:x1
:4pikachu:x1
:4lucina:x1
:rosalina:x1
:4palutena:x1
:4falcon:x1
:4duckhunt:x1
:4greninja:x1
:4rob:x1
:4ness:x1

• A whopping 31 characters all in the top 48 alone, that's very impressive for a major.
  • :4sheik::4fox::4mario::4mewtwo::4metaknight: seemed to be the most repped out of everybody else. Mewtwo's circumstances aren't surprising, but seeing all those MKs place so well was rather nice.
  • :4lucina: and :4dedede: are outliers considering Nairo won a game with Lucina and Nicko a few times with Dedede.

Last edited by a moderator:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Larry Lurr :4fox: 3-0 Nairo :4zss: :4cloud2:

Cloud won't be on Das Koopa's rankings, probably, since he didn't get a game.

3rd Place:
Nairo :4zss: :4lucina: - lost to ZeRo :4diddy: and Larry Lurr :4fox:

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
"Diddy's recovery can be hit out of, so just gimp him."

>ZeRo proceeds to charge UpB more than a full hop away so he can release it if they jump, or keep it charged and keep mixing up the trajectory if they stay.

Yeah ok.
Diddy Kong's recovery can be hit out of. It's just not as bad of a recovery as some people would think it is when looking at it only on paper.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
1-3 then 3-1 lol.
:4diddy:Zero 3-1 Larry Lurr:4fox: to win the tournament.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
2GGT: Abadango Saga

1st: TSM l ZeRo :4diddy:
2nd: ELv l Larry Lurr :4fox:
3rd: NRG l Nairo :4zss: :4lucina:
4th: C9 l Ally :4mario:
5th: Komorikiri :4sonic: :4cloud2:
5th: Rich Brown :4mewtwo:
7th: SS l WaDi :4mewtwo:
7th: EM l Elegant :4luigi:
9th: CLG l VoiD :4sheik:
9th: IMT l ANTi :4mario: :substitute: ( :4metaknight: :4diddy: )
9th: Captain Zack :4bayonetta2:
9th: K9Sbruce :4sheik: :4diddy:
13th: Ito :4metaknight:
13th: Abadango :4mewtwo:
13th: Zenyou :4mario:
13th: Phoenix :4sonic:

I only counted secondaries who took a game (or more!!)

:4mario: x3
:4mewtwo: x3
:4diddy: x2
:4sheik: x2
:4sonic: x2
:4fox: x1
:4lucina: x1
:4cloud2: x1
:4luigi: x1
:4bayonetta2: x1
:4metaknight: x1

@Das Koopa, here you go.

Last edited:

Fenny

Smash Ace
tfw both Larry and Fox with momentum are mega busted rofl

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Aaron1997 Aaron1997 how was abadango playing Luigi vs Pac? Was trampoline greater than or equal to 75% of his inputs?

@Locke 06 I would t have said what Aaron said, but I agree with his frustration when someone does something wrong and people just take it as law. When abadango lost to ANTi at big house a long time back, it was frustrating for me to see because he was trying to abuse hydrant vs Luigi as opposed to the trampoline.

Basically what pacman9 said.

YerTheBestAROUND

Smash Journeyman
Playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild for eternity.
So sad Abadango lost. The 2GG curse continues. VoiD again, another close, heartbreaking set to Nairo, losing to the classic ZSS combo when he was winning. It's tough losing like that, but what can you do, its ZSS, she can turn it up at anytime.
Also, Nairo and ZeRo Winners Finals! Haven't seen that in a while
I haven't seen the set yet, but watching other sets of him vs Nairo or Marss has led me to believe he either just doesn't know how to DI Boost Kick, or he's trying to rely too much on popping out of the move by holding up, then not adjusting well enough in time when he doesn't pop out and gets kicked. I'm thinking it's more of the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom