• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4 Day Beat Off in Elgin

_J!

Smash Cadet
Starting the morning of the 19th and continuing till the night of the 22nd (or morning of the 23rd, if you're out by 11am) I will be hosting any, and every, smasher I can find.

I've got a completely empty basement that I will happily fill with as many tvs and cubes as we can get our hands on. If there's enough good competition we may be able to set up a friendly tourney of sorts. If you're gonna come, please bring any tvs or cubes you can/are willing to. More setups means more games.

Everyone can stay. Just bring blankets and ****, and if you wanna stay the whole time bring enough cash (or food) to cover yourself.

If you smoke (cigarettes, cloves, whatever) smoke outside. If you drink, don't puke on anything. Pretty much anything is cool within reason.

Should only a few of you be able to come, or if most of you can only make it on one or two nights, we'll just figure out whats best and make a night of it.

As a side note - there will most likely be at least 4 or 5 computers set up in the house running a myriad of lanable games. If you're into that, bring your rig and some ethernet cable and we'll hook you up. war3 mods(warlocks, pudgewars, dota, black road), counterstrike, and anything else we can think of should be around. You're also welcome to bring stuff like blazblue or sf4 or whatever, if you feel like bringing the system. A couple of us play those as well.

Jay's House: 440 Adams Street, Elgin IL 60123.
Jay's Number: (630) 877-6934 - my voice mail isn't working...text if I don't answer.

Please post here or contact me if you're coming so I know what to expect.

ORLY

Smash Master
This is probably gonna get moved to social, but this is interesting.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
wow ****
I would so be down to come for some CS, DotA, and SSBM
but I ****ing work every single day until christmas

seriously gay, I would have made this trip for sure

_J!

Smash Cadet
Just throwin this out there:

Ted is here now; Virsath, Kelly, Russ should all be here tomorrow or monday morning. That makes 5 smashers who should be here every minute of the coming week. Even if it's just your or a friend or two, there will be people to play.

Again, if we can get enough people here all at once I have no objections to putting together a small tourney...free or otherwise.

_J!

Smash Cadet
I'll probably be driving to Normal IL to get a friend this morning/afternoon. If anyone is complaining about a ride, I may be able to get them should they be on/near the way. Gas money would be appreciated.

Tonight may be a little sparse on people (just kelly, russ, and myself for sure), but tomorrow we'll have 5 or 6 people around for the rest of the week.

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
If you give me an idea of when people will actually be here I will come for sure. I don't want to go if there is only like one other person there. I can bring a full setup with a fairly large TV that I can keep there if it is needed.

Virsath

Smash Cadet
J's internet's ****ed atm, but he says tonight and tomorrow night are ideal for you guys to drop by.

I'll be there in 2-3 hours and will be there 'til Thursday. :D

_J!

Smash Cadet
Virsath, myself, 3 of my friends, 2 guys from palatine here now. 2 more friends should be here by dinner time or so, everyone should really try for tonight, it all seems to be lining up right now. currently 3 full set ups, only really room for 1 more unless you wanna set it all on the ground in a corner or some ****.

gonna be good.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm gettin a ride to this. I'm probably getting a lift to this.
It is is likely I'll be there sometime after 7

Tink bring some dollar bills to throw down. MMs baby.

_J!

Smash Cadet
I have to work from 7 to 10, but that's not getting in the way of the festivities. Call my boy Kelly at 1.847.736.6720 if you need directions, need help carrying ****, or no one answers the door.

I'll say again you can all stay if you wanna have a couple drinks and crash. just bring blankets as the sleeping room is floor only.

Top Bottom