• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/26/08 Team DAMD & FIU’s Porter Davis Game Room present: GET READY 2 BRAWL! II

Ruuku

Smash Lord
On April 26th 2008, FIU’s Porter Davis Game Room and Team DAMD no longer will be hosting a Super Smash Brothers Brawl tournament.

Here's a letter I've received from a member of the FIU gameroom staff.

Luc,
I recently spoke to my supervisor and he wanted me to apologize for the rescheduling. With new people coming on board and new meeting for certain situations (FIU Budget Crisis Cut, which I'm sure you have heard of) has pushed us back. Luc, you know that I'm willing to work with you due to my background in videogames and its unfortunate that people are starting to not take us serious but unfortunately certain events happen which we have no control over them. Also, the fact that we need to schedule Dave, Geoff, some Game Room staff, along with myself to come in on that specific day to work. The targeted date which was recently planned (April 26th) was changed to May 3rd. If this date isnt available due to your schedule, Luc, please keep in contact with me so we can discuss of a Summer/Fall Tournament.

I will continue speaking to my direct supervisor, which in the coming months I will be more 'hands-on' and working along side with him more; I know that both of us want so see this project off the ground. Again, dont hesitate to contact me with your thoughts, Luc. Thanks again!
So yeah, let me take the time to apologize for this and please be on the lookout for more Melee and Brawl tournaments from me in the near future.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Some FIU supervisors are trying to push this to a later date but please let me know who can come to this.

Top Bottom