• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3GOD Presents: Boost Your Power Ranking - 12/27 - Starkville, MS

3GOD

Smash Ace
I don't really have an issue with MK2 personally...I just copied the list from another tournament and made one adjustment! :)

We can include MK2 if you guys want, and I actually would prefer to include Onett, but I figured people would prefer it banned...I probably will include both unless you guys prefer otherwise.

Sorry you won't be able to make it zane :(

Lance87 - You mean just one setup for the car you are bringing right? I assume you don't mean one setup per person.

ps - anyone seen MookieRah? He needs to come to this!

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Well I was asking because i'm not sure who would want to go out of my crew... I think Justin would probably be the only one willing to go or the only one with money but he might have to work, anyways-i was asking because i might need a few dudes to ride along to help split gas and hotel :) START all over again? (if my crew can't come of course :))

Handorin

Smash Hero
1) I want Onett.
2)I need to ask parents about this still.
3)If I can go, Lance, I will ask if I can ride with you. (Yang also?)
4)If no, then I might have to drive with a parent. -_- (I might get in an accident you know...)

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I am (hopefully) coming to this, but I don't have anything worthwhile to say. I just want this to be in my subscribed topics.

**** it, let's start a summon!

DRAGONZORD!

3GOD

Smash Ace
Yep this is the date for sure - December 27th.

Glad you'll be able to come IHSB

It's lame that y'all have to work 2 days after Christmas. :(

Handorin

Smash Hero
Nice Jack, that wa back when powerrangers was good.

And it seems I have to drive if I have 2 people wanting to come with me >_>

3GOD

Smash Ace
Hey...do you think one of you guys could tell the Bloodline about this if they are at the Biweekly tonight? I think I remember hearing that they don't read online much and also that they don't like to travel, but maybe they'd come if they knew about it!

Handorin, I'm countin on you to get Yang and McCloud and yourself down here!

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hey...do you think one of you guys could tell the Bloodline about this if they are at the Biweekly tonight? I think I remember hearing that they don't read online much and also that they don't like to travel, but maybe they'd come if they knew about it!

Handorin, I'm countin on you to get Yang and McCloud and yourself down here!
Post in the biweekly thread. Ichigo is always posting in that now.
And Ill try my best to get to the tourney

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Yea'd like to come to this but there's no possible way on account of my job and having no car, thats why we did a tourny in florence cause i never get to go to any tournys.

3GOD

Smash Ace
@Lance - The lady said she could offer me some kind of discount when I booked the tournament room if people wanted to stay...I intended to call her today, but had to go out of town for the whole day...I will find out something tomorrow and post it.

@Tarnish - I understand...I look forward to START2!

@Everyone...the attendance on this isn't looking awesome so far...what can I do to get more more people interested?

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
also, i didn't think of it before, but i can bring a vcr also, and a couple of tapes >->

anyone goin have a capture card or anything though? cause i don't have internet on my computer, so i could put the vids on my computer, but that'd be about it..

3GOD

Smash Ace
I have a capture card...I'm thinking I might bring it to the tournament and hook it up directly to the gamecube on the "finals" TV so that we get the best possible capture.

Also, I talked to another local guy and he's down for the tournament, so that is one more guy on the prereg.

EDIT: Also, I tried to get up with the lady at the hotel today, but it looks like it will be Monday before I can get a price for you guys...if it comes down to it, I might be able to provide housing for a small group (no beds though - only floor space).

Handorin

Smash Hero
Wake up at 7am, get ready and pick people up for two hours, leave for Starksville at 9AM, arrive at Starksville on time at 11AM, play smash, leave.

Solved Lance.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Wake up at 7am, get ready and pick people up for two hours, leave for Starksville at 9AM, arrive at Starksville on time at 11AM, play smash, leave.
Well you might have to leave by 8 to get here by 11 (it's not quite 3 hours though), but this was my original thought for people in Memphis as well...

I called the hotel, and the discount rate is $78 per room + tax, but that includes breakfast and the rooms are really nice she said. She also said that the rooms were all suites, but I'm not exactly sure what that means really. If you want to contact the hotel to reserve a room, the number is 662-324-9595, and you'll have to mention that you're with the Smash Bros. group on December 27th to make sure you get the discount.

Also, there are other hotels in Starkville which are cheaper I'm sure...

The other thing is this...we can push back the start of the tournament by an hour or something, but I figured people wouldn't want to be driving really late at night. My intention for this tournament was to make it so that people relatively near by wouldn't have to stay the night here, but if 12 noon is too early to start, we can start a little later.

I also will gladly offer up my "house" for up to about 6 people to sleep on the floor, but I cannot guarantee a hot shower or anything since my water heater is uber small. I do have two very small couches as well.

Handorin

Smash Hero
oops my bad. I meant 8. You got the point though.

If about as many people show to this that showed at START, then we might finish at 8 or so like last time. It wouldnt be that bad of a drive home.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Well I just found out that im leaving for GA on the day after christmas, so I wont be able to make this.

I really hate my luck recently. :mad: But I told my parents about the next biweekly, on like the 15th lol, and they said ok. ;)

3GOD

Smash Ace
That's too bad Yang...

Handorin - any other of your crew members that might come besides McCloud?

Handorin

Smash Hero
I dont know anyway to contact the other crew members, so it is up to Yang to find out. I might see if one of my friends wants to go though.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
i might be able to come to this. and i might bring a few with me. ill have to talk to my peeps and my GF

*edit* EEP! its on a Wednesday i cant make it cause i work a monday- friday job and i only get christmas day off.

3GOD

Smash Ace
So you want the floor space in my house for the night of the 26th only? You're welcome to stay the 27th also if you want.

@KOkingpin - do you know some guy named keta? I played him at START smashing about a month ago.

Nite

Smash Champion
Hahaha. Yay. We don't have to pay for a hotel. I just might make this afterall. I didn't think I would have the money. Now since there are no hotel costs, we are going to Wok 'n Roll. (Chad knows what I'm talking about.)

3GOD

Smash Ace
Keta rules.

@3GOD- That would be awesome to be able to stay the nights of the 26th and 27th!!!! You're a lifesaver, i thought we weren't gonna be able to make this!

Watchout Starkville!
I was hoping that keta might be able to make this tourney even though KO isn't coming...also, who all is coming with you Lance?

Also, I know a couple other people locally who claim to be good at smash - I'm gonna try to get them to come prove themselves at this tournament.

Top Bottom