• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS SSB does not support Circle Pad Pro

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Can't say, actually. Very few know about the glitch I'm talking about, and not even five people know how to perform it. But it's gamebreaking power is comparable to to every character getting the IDC glitch in Brawl. Even organized play will suffer because it's basically unnoticeable if you do it right, but it won't be at IDC for everybody levels thankfully. It'd still be enough to kill competitive KIU, though...
are you talking about the Daybreak glitch?

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
I don't think we have nay confirmation that the new c-stick is programmed the same as the CCP. If it was then Smash would of course work with it since it's already coded to work with the c-stick. Still don't understand why they can't also add support for it though, hopefully in a update or something. Of course, I'm not canceling my preorder just because of that. Just bit sad that somethings will be harder to do.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Can't say, actually. Very few know about the glitch I'm talking about, and not even five people know how to perform it. But it's gamebreaking power is comparable to to every character getting the IDC glitch in Brawl. Even organized play will suffer because it's basically unnoticeable if you do it right, but it won't be at IDC for everybody levels thankfully. It'd still be enough to kill competitive KIU, though...
No, this is much bigger then that. Like I said, I'm not supposed to be giving out details.
then why the crap do you keep mentioning it every now and then? Why continue to mention it if you are wanting to keep it hush hush?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

then why the crap do you keep mentioning it every now and then? Why continue to mention it if you are wanting to keep it hush hush?
I can afford to mention it since the details really are that scarce at the moment, and most people around here aren't all that interested in KIU anyway.

NoPLo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoploSnowman
Well, I am genuinely upset about this, I just bought a Circle Pad Pro after seeing the Nintendo Direct, since they talked about the second stick like if it was EXACTLY the same thing as a Circle Pad Pro, but attached to the handled itself instead of being a separate add-on.

They showed Smash Bros being compatible, and now they say it wont be compatible with the Circle Pad Pro add-on? WOW, that was dirty playing.

So, yeah, thank you nintendo for not allowing me to use your OFFICIAL add-on I specifically paid for to use it for the purpose it was CREATED.

I'm really, really upset... I just hope they hear about all the dissapointed people and fix it with a patch or something.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman

Srsly, if you dont have anything good to say then just dont say it at all

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Sorry. I was kinda grumpy earlier. Plus, he HAS mentioned it a lot. @ LancerStaff LancerStaff My apologies for my rudeness. That makes sense though. Kid Icarus Uprising is a lot of fun, which was why I was curious. I was confused why you had mentioned it multiple times previously this year. thank you :)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sorry. I was kinda grumpy earlier. Plus, he HAS mentioned it a lot. @ LancerStaff LancerStaff My apologies for my rudeness. That makes sense though. Kid Icarus Uprising is a lot of fun, which was why I was curious. I was confused why you had mentioned it multiple times previously this year. thank you :)
Yeah, it's alright. The glitch is basically all I've been able to think about in KIU recently. It's hard for me to not mention it when the topic comes up.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Oh haha, I was actually talking to him not you xD. but I guess the problem is resolved and we can all get along now :)

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Wonder how this'll work on KIU...
Perhaps they could update KIU to use the N3DS's extra power for true dual analog to shut up the whiners and put them in their place because of how inferior DA is?

KIU is in desperate need of an update anyhow, with that glitch that was discovered...
People will never realize how superior Circle Pad + Touch Screen is. No matter how good it is, they will go 'OMG GIMMIKZ CASUAL SO CASUAL CAN'T HAVE CASUAL OMG MY HAND HURTS' as long as the call-everything-a-gimmick mentality exists.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
People will never realize how superior Circle Pad + Touch Screen is. No matter how good it is, they will go 'OMG GIMMIKZ CASUAL SO CASUAL CAN'T HAVE CASUAL OMG MY HAND HURTS' as long as the call-everything-a-gimmick mentality exists.
It's not even about how much better touch is: It's about how god-awful DA is. You can either aim somewhat accurately or turn quickly, with no real good compromise. (Which is why basically every console shooter has all this aim assist crud, BTW) Mouse and keyboard is obviously the best, but touch is a nice #2, especially with the whole "spinning the globe" thing KIU has.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Ikr, all the Casuls

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
I see very few people in the US getting the New 3DS, so we won't really need to worry about those people flooding online play. It's still gonna be very hard to adapt, though. I am extremely dependent on the c-stick for aerials and quick smashes.

EpicPowered

Smash Cadet
Hopefully it's possible to make some type of mod through homebrew to add Circle Pad Pro functionality. I would do it if I had the knowledge but I don't know anything about coding for the 3DS.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Hopefully it's possible to make some type of mod through homebrew to add Circle Pad Pro functionality. I would do it if I had the knowledge but I don't know anything about coding for the 3DS.
There's probably not enough power in a normal 3DS, like what happened in KIU and how it only supported the CPP, but only one of the two Circle Pads.

EpicPowered

Smash Cadet
There's probably not enough power in a normal 3DS, like what happened in KIU and how it only supported the CPP, but only one of the two Circle Pads.
Monster Hunter was able to add a different input for the CPP. I think it's possible.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I feel like the only person on Earth who didn't like to use the C-stick much.

xTeru

Smash Cadet
Preorder cancelled because you can't wiggle a yellow little tumor on the controller? Talk about sensitive.
No but because I bought my 3ds XL not long ago and now Nintendo is trying to force people to upgrade to the new 1. It wouldn't have been hard for Nintendo to add CPP support and that's why they won't see any money from me anymore. I will only buy the games that I really can't resist. (Smash Wii U, Zelda and X)

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Ughhh why didn't Nintendo have this at launch? More buttons, more power, interchangable face plates, better 3D (actually screw that one. I don't care about 3D, and I bet the technology wasn't up to snuff yet).
Nice going Nintendo...
Glad I don't own my own 3DS so I'll be getting the New anyways.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
This actually really frustrates me. I got one for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but I was fully expecting to be able to use it in Smash. Nintendo hasn't had much experience with fan backlash in the past and I don't think they'll have that experience with this either as we are all going to buy the game regardless. Sigh.

To clarify my rant: I don't care about it for the circle pad, I'm using a launch. OG 3DS and I want it for the shoulder buttons.

Last edited:

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Absolutely Disgusting Nintendo...
I cannot you pull this bull**** last ****ing minute -_-
WELP! I will be getting the NEW 3DS AS SOON AS IT DROPS STATEWIDE.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's alright. The glitch is basically all I've been able to think about in KIU recently. It's hard for me to not mention it when the topic comes up.
No, this is much bigger then that. Like I said, I'm not supposed to be giving out details.
It is easy. You share all the details about the glitch to everyone or you keep your damn mouth shut about the glitch. Quit leading people on about it then saying "I can't give out details". Got it?

And leading people on is "not having anything good to say". So say something good or say nothing at all.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
So... Is it finally confirmed the second stick will only work on NEW 3DS?
As far as I know the 2nd stick won't work on the CCP.
And I don't think we have confirmation the 2nd stick will with with SSB4 on the new 3DS. (someone can confirm/disprove this I'd be happy). So we're still waiting for info on this.

Heketzu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Heketzu
3DS FC
0619-3983-6093
I think we're forgetting something. We haven't got any official news about the new 3DS versions in the west, and the site telling about the C-Stick compatible games is japanese too. I think either Nintendo is gonna announce a western release dates for the n3DS soon, or we are gonna get CPP support in EU/US versions of the game. Heck, the release dates for the games are different. I know there's localization and stuff but it's still 2 weeks after the Japan release, so they could easily patch the CPP support in before the games get released here. But either way I'm still gonna buy Sm4sh and I'm still gonna play the **** out of it.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
No but because I bought my 3ds XL not long ago and now Nintendo is trying to force people to upgrade to the new 1. It wouldn't have been hard for Nintendo to add CPP support and that's why they won't see any money from me anymore. I will only buy the games that I really can't resist. (Smash Wii U, Zelda and X)
So you'd rather have the game run at 30FPS with a C-Stick? I really don't see how Nintendo's forcing you to do anything at all, not interested in the revision? Don't buy it, and maybe if they hear enough fan backlash, they'll probably find a way to patch in the CCP, look at Mario Kart 8, the Mercedes Benz patch fixed a lot of the gripes that people had with the game.

You're basically staying away from a product you were going to enjoy anyway because...?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That would be pretty sad if I cared for the CPP.

Now I can set my sights on an actual grip that fits my hands and not some weird Siamese twin peripheral.

Last edited:

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
As far as I know the 2nd stick won't work on the CCP.
And I don't think we have confirmation the 2nd stick will with with SSB4 on the new 3DS. (someone can confirm/disprove this I'd be happy). So we're still waiting for info on this.
I've seen in a Spanish forum this as a proof:

http://youtu.be/ghFEU4t_Pm8?t=19m24s

Iwata is talking about C-Stick and the games that will use it.

Top Bottom