• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS SSB does not support Circle Pad Pro

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Getting VEEEERRRRRRRRYYYYY close to selling my Circle Pad Pro now...

I am getting the New Nintendo 3DS model day one but they couldn't support both that and the CPP?

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Cool. Now I don't have to decide between a grip or a CPP. Also gonna be funny is all the people complaining when the game comes out and they cant use a c-stick. People will adapt and when the Wii U version comes out they will be better for it. Even if they just return to using the c-stick again.
Not using the c-stick does not make you a better player, if that's what you're implying.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Not ideal but I'm ultimately fine with it. The Wii U will be where I mainly play it anyways. The reason is actually not because of the lack of a C-Stick but because of the FREAKIN' TINY SCREENS. It's really quite tough to see what's going on in the 3DS version. Your character is just a few pixels sometimes. It's the number one complaint that me and my friends have about our playtests of the game.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Getting VEEEERRRRRRRRYYYYY close to selling my Circle Pad Pro now...

I am getting the New Nintendo 3DS model day one but they couldn't support both that and the CPP?
Why are you hesitating? After the New 3DS nobody is gonna buy the Circle Pad Pro.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Recent reports suggest the New 3DS was supposed to launch this holiday with Smash worldwide, but got delayed. It wouldn't surprise me.

But I have to wonder if anyone could actually play Smash 3DS well with a CPP attached, anyway.

Spizor

Smash Rookie
My main was nerfed and I wasted 13€ for the CPP. Such wonderful info we got today.
I seriously don't get it. Doesn't the New 3DS C-stick work the same way as the Circle Pad Pro?

Zenitho

Smash Cadet
I bought a circle pad pro... *sigh* Are they atleast more comfortable to hold than without for a base 3ds? (non-xl)

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Apparently all CPP-compatible games are supported by the N3DS natively too.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have a grip too (not the same that RedFlyNinja posted) and it works great, including the Smash severe plagiarizer Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion. But it looks like my grip won't work with the New 3DS model though.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I have a grip too (not the same that RedFlyNinja posted) and it works great, including the Smash severe plagiarizer Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion. But it looks like my grip won't work with the New 3DS model though.
?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
This what I have (CTA is the manufacturer):

Wow that looks really uncomfortable, The 2nd picture i posted was the one i have. It has a case in the pack which carries your game. (Which i love!)

Does your grip cover up the stylus and SD Card slot? Mine does.

Zenitho

Smash Cadet
Now I gotta look up a nice grip to buy.. that is just to tempting to pass up Red

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wow that looks really uncomfortable, The 2nd picture i posted was the one i have. It has a case in the pack which carries your game. (Which i love!)

Does your grip cover up the stylus and SD Card slot? Mine does.
I actually very comfortable, despite the weird looking end of the grip. It does cover the SD card slot but not the stylus or game card slot.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Now I gotta look up a nice grip to buy.. that is just to tempting to pass up Red
Get the second one i posted, It's only like 5 bucks off of Ebay and i feels way too comfortable.

/offtopic

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Is that one good, cuz I remember a while back I was looking for grips and for one of them people said it would not come of their 3ds xl xD. Just wanna be sure its good
I have it, You have no idea how good it feels. I felt like i am gonna be better at every 3DS game with it.

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
In my case, I think it will not be missed

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Pre order cancelled, I'll just wait for the Wii U version.
Preorder cancelled because you can't wiggle a yellow little tumor on the controller? Talk about sensitive.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the Circle Pad Pro XL is a great grip by itself if you don't need to use the right shoulder button. It kind of... blocks access to that in non-CPP games (since in CPP games, it has its own buttons there that work). Not completely block, mind you, but just difficult to reach and wouldn't be practical.

Zenitho

Smash Cadet
come to think of it, how hard is it to allow the circle pad pro to work if the n3DS has literally the same thing.. except built in

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
come to think of it, how hard is it to allow the circle pad pro to work if the n3DS has literally the same thing.. except built in
Its not hard at all. Nintendo just wants you to pay another 200$ for 1 button and people are willing to do that

Zenitho

Smash Cadet
Its not hard at all. Nintendo just wants you to pay another 200$ for 1 button and people are willing to do that
I'm just glad I'm not THAT guy who just bought a 3ds xl just before the announcement of n3ds

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That is quite clearly the reason why CCP isn't supported.

It is scummy what Nintendo is doing, but in the end most people here will end up buying the New 3DS, including me, so whatever.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Wonder how this'll work on KIU...
Perhaps they could update KIU to use the N3DS's extra power for true dual analog to shut up the whiners and put them in their place because of how inferior DA is?

KIU is in desperate need of an update anyhow, with that glitch that was discovered...

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If you want the definitive Smash 4 experience, get the Wii U version!
Never planned on taking the 3ds version serious and this just confirmed it.
Please, leave. This is a board for the people who are excited for Smash 3DS. If the Wii U version is the ~definitive version~ (lel) to you, then this place is more appropriated for you.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Wonder how this'll work on KIU...
Perhaps they could update KIU to use the N3DS's extra power for true dual analog to shut up the whiners and put them in their place because of how inferior DA is?

KIU is in desperate need of an update anyhow, with that glitch that was discovered...
There are many glitches, which one?

I have exactly this one myself. I can't recommend it enough. I've played hours of Mario Kart 7 and Zelda with this and it's waaaaaaay better than without this. This is for the XL model btw.
wait... I am guessing this will not fit the new 3ds xl?

Last edited by a moderator:
Preorder cancelled because you can't wiggle a yellow little tumor on the controller? Talk about sensitive.
You really don't get competitive smash, huh?

Let me break it down. Having a c-stick allows you to push the limits of your character while still being able to retain full mobility over the character, notably, the ability to freely use aerials while being able to move your character in any desired direction.

For example, a character like Marth or Ike can jump backwards and hit the c-stick forward to do a forward air while retreating backwards to zone. A character like Fox or Greninja can make greater use of their U-air during a short hop without accidentally double jumping. Captain Falcon can use backwards Uairs to either get a semi-spike on characters or link into other aerials like Bair, or land on the ground and set up a tilt or jab reset.

Mario can do stuff like SH Uair into Bair while still moving forward.

Not to mention characters will be able to fully utilize Pivot forward smashes without accidentally executing a forward tilt. Not only that, the additional triggers on the new 3DS means that players aren't torn between using only one button for shield and one for grab. A combination of these things means that the ones who have the new hardware have many more options than us.

You can jest about it, but the fact of the matter is for the duration of the smash 3DS scene, the ones with the new one will prosper.

Japan is going to ****ing wreck us.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You really don't get competitive smash, huh?

Let me break it down. Having a c-stick allows you to push the limits of your character while still being able to retain full mobility over the character, notably, the ability to freely use aerials while being able to move your character in any desired direction.

For example, a character like Marth or Ike can jump backwards and hit the c-stick forward to do a forward air while retreating backwards to zone. A character like Fox or Greninja can make greater use of their U-air during a short hop without accidentally double jumping. Captain Falcon can use backwards Uairs to either get a semi-spike on characters or link into other aerials like Bair, or land on the ground and set up a tilt or jab reset.

Mario can do stuff like SH Uair into Bair while still moving forward.

Not to mention characters will be able to fully utilize Pivot forward smashes without accidentally executing a forward tilt. Not only that, the additional triggers on the new 3DS means that players aren't torn between using only one button for shield and one for grab. A combination of these things means that the ones who have the new hardware have many more options than us.

You can jest about it, but the fact of the matter is for the duration of the smash 3DS scene, the ones with the new one will prosper.

Japan is going to ****ing wreck us.
While what you said is true, cancelling a preorder is still overreacting.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
There are many glitches, which one?

wait... I am guessing this will not fit the new 3ds xl?
Can't say, actually. Very few know about the glitch I'm talking about, and not even five people know how to perform it. But it's gamebreaking power is comparable to to every character getting the IDC glitch in Brawl. Even organized play will suffer because it's basically unnoticeable if you do it right, but it won't be at IDC for everybody levels thankfully. It'd still be enough to kill competitive KIU, though...

Top Bottom