• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS SSB does not support Circle Pad Pro

Dude, you can input smash attacks manually. Everyone else will as well, it's not that big of a deal. The game is more than perfectly playable without a c stick, a little over reaction...
It's a bigger deal than one might think.

Have 2 equally skilled players go against each other with a controller, but have one of them play without a c-stick and 2 disabled shoulder buttons. 9 times out of 10 the one with more functioning buttons wins.

Without those extra buttons your mobility, offensive, defensive, mix-up and recovery options are severely limited.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
Well, it's not only a big deal to me. Say you want to go for an off stage spike with Falco or Marth. Without the C-Stick, you might end up fast falling, screwing up your timing, and dying while the other person gets to live. Maybe you want to space your character but you are too close and to add to the extra spacing, you might do a forward air with the C-Stick while moving backwards to create some extra space. There are many explanations to why a C-Stick is important. But it's not important enough to spend the extra money on a new half-hearted C-Stick that Nintendo is giving us on the new 3DS. Other people have posted similar statements like yours and have been given an explanation. If you want to stay ignorant then go ahead, it's a big deal to a lot of us and if you don't care then I don't see why you're here in the first place. I prefer to have the extra controls if they are available and it is evident that the Circle Pad Pro is available but that Nintendo just doesn't want to add it.
The circle pad pro is a third party peripheral why would they support it? Plus it might potentially cut on new 3ds sales so there is no reason for them to do it. It's not a good decision in any way plus Nintendo have never supported the pad with any game, what do you expect. Also doing a down a without fast falling is not only possible but easy as well. Everyone can give a half baked explanation in defense to everything but in the end the game is perfectly playable without a c stick. If you can't perform the actions you described yourself without a c stick you need some serious tech skill improvement. The only thing that couldn't be done without it was the Dacus, and it probably won't even be possible any more.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
To be honest the circle pad pro, from what I have seen, doesn't even look like a very usable supplement for the damn C-stick to begin with. For starters it's to the RIGHT of the face buttons meaning if my hand slips I'm not gonna just miss an input, I'm getting a Smash attack. It also just looks like it makes the 3DS really clunky to lug around.

Proposed solutions, since I only use C-Stick for Up-Aerials I will turn tap jump off, hell it'll probably be off even after I get a New 3DS because of how weird the 3DS circle pad will be for Smash. But yeah no CPP is kinda bleh I guess but it looks really uncomfortable.

You might want to refrain from double posting. (Or in this case multiple posting. :p )

$250? Where'd you get that?
Estimated with tax, the new 3DS will probably cost upward to that amount. Just guesstimating, but the Amiibo thing is not a good excuse to exclude the use. For one, not everyone is going to want an Amiibo; personally I'm not buying any toys to play my game. And if I wanted to I would easily be able to unplug my circle pad and plug in my Amiibo device.

The circle pad pro is a third party peripheral why would they support it? Plus it might potentially cut on new 3ds sales so there is no reason for them to do it. It's not a good decision in any way plus Nintendo have never supported the pad with any game, what do you expect. Also doing a down a without fast falling is not only possible but easy as well. Everyone can give a half baked explanation in defense to everything but in the end the game is perfectly playable without a c stick. If you can't perform the actions you described yourself without a c stick you need some serious tech skill improvement. The only thing that couldn't be done without it was the Dacus, and it probably won't even be possible any more.
You also can't jump backwards doing a forward air, SHFF Uair (with tap jump), Instant pivot cancel F-smash, retreating SH Aerial out of shield, jump forward and Bair at the same time or instant pivot cancel u-smash, pivot cancel u-tilt, pivot cancel d-smash.

It's not about tech skill, it's optimizing mobility options. Lovage, a Melee Fox player, probably one of the most technical in the world, jumps with the joystick, and despite this he still needs the c-stick. What makes you think an average player won't need it ?

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Uh, the new 3DS was confirmed at 16,660 Yen, which is 154 US dollars, in the official japanese trailer for it. Add shipping to that and it's roughly 170-180 bucks, the same cost of a normal 3DS. I have no clue where you got 250 from.;

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
The Circle Pad pro is 1st party.
Estimated with tax, the new 3DS will probably cost upward to that amount. Just guesstimating, but the Amiibo thing is not a good excuse to exclude the use. For one, not everyone is going to want an Amiibo; personally I'm not buying any toys to play my game. And if I wanted to I would easily be able to unplug my circle pad and plug in my Amiibo device.
I guess thats a good guess. I'm guessing it'd be around $189-$215 (without tax).

Last edited:

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Dude, you can input smash attacks manually. Everyone else will as well, it's not that big of a deal. The game is more than perfectly playable without a c stick, a little over reaction...
Uuh, did you read my above post where I said just that, in a condescending way, and got destroyed in the next post? You might want to check that post out, it's more than just inputting smash attacks, in fact, that's not really the main problem.

I'll have less mobility. I won't mind much, but it's kind of a bummer. I can imagine how others may feel about this.

Last edited:
Uh, the new 3DS was confirmed at 16,660 Yen, which is 154 US dollars, in the official japanese trailer for it. Add shipping to that and it's roughly 170-180 bucks, the same cost of a normal 3DS. I have no clue where you got 250 from.;
Still doesn't help when I could have just as easily used what I had. I don't care if it was 100 dollars, n**** I got bills to pay. Everyone can't just drop Benjamin's on something like that at any given time.

EpicPowered

Smash Cadet
You only fast fall when heading down. So pressing Down A when going up will not make you fast fall. But say your opponent is below the stage and you want to use a spike or meteor smash. Then you end up fast falling. Also, I believe the Circle pad pro is a Nintendo product. If you can play fine then great. I'll get used to not having a C-Stick over time (I'm actually practicing right now). But it would be nice and there's no reason why the new 3DS's C-Stick should work and the CPP shouldn't. It's a messed up marketing strategy. We all have our different play styles and preference of controls but it isn't right that we have to spend an extra 150-250 dollars for how we want to control our character rather than 20. Again, it's a big deal to a lot of us and just because you don't mind doesn't mean the rest of us don't. You are entitled to your opinion but there's no use coming over here and saying that our opinion isn't good. I hope you understand.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Yeah, but usually when it comes to the states it is a tad more.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
You only fast fall when heading down. So pressing Down A when going up will not make you fast fall. But say your opponent is below the stage and you want to use a spike or meteor smash. Then you end up fast falling. Also, I believe the Circle pad pro is a Nintendo product. If you can play fine then great. I'll get used to not having a C-Stick over time (I'm actually practicing right now). But it would be nice and there's no reason why the new 3DS's C-Stick should work and the CPP shouldn't. It's a messed up marketing strategy. We all have our different play styles and preference of controls but it isn't right that we have to spend an extra 150-250 dollars for how we want to control our character rather than 20. Again, it's a big deal to a lot of us and just because you don't mind doesn't mean the rest of us don't. You are entitled to your opinion but there's no use coming over here and saying that our opinion isn't good. I hope you understand.
I'm not saying that though. Theres no use complaining nothing will change, just adapt to playing without one and that's that. It's cool preferring it that way but people are over reacting way too much, after all others won't be able to use it and you'll get used to it really quickly.

EpicPowered

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying that though. Theres no use complaining nothing will change, just adapt to playing without one and that's that. It's cool preferring it that way but people are over reacting way too much, after all others won't be able to use it and you'll get used to it really quickly.
Well that's like telling someone whose car was totaled that they shouldn't be angry because it's done and they can't do anything. Nintendo pulled off a scumbag move and we should have the right to express our opinions in hopes of change or to blow off steam.

You really just can't tell someone to get over losing something and expect them to just be alright with it. That's incredibly presumptuous of you to imply.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
You really just can't tell someone to get over losing something and expect them to just be alright with it. That's incredibly presumptuous of you to imply.
As it is presumptuous to expect big companies to forget their businesses interests so they make a portion of the players happy. We do buy the games but we aren't entitled to everything, the game is being made for us but most of all Nintendo is a company that has to make money most of all. And what have people lost? The game doesn't support a peripheral seriously what's there to get over? If people can't get over that then life will crush them pretty easily. The thing is things are the way they are, people just have to get used to playing without a C-stick and the game plays perfectly fine without it. Complain as much as you want no one is entitled to anything, the only thing you can do is not buy the game, and if someone doesn't buy it because it doesn't support a peripheral, he's an idiot. Sorry for being blunt.
Well that's like telling someone whose car was totaled that they shouldn't be angry because it's done and they can't do anything. Nintendo pulled off a scumbag move and we should have the right to express our opinions in hopes of change or to blow off steam.
The game doesn't support a peripheral...yeah that's really dirty move... And getting your car destroyed and comparing that to a game not supporting a plastic peripheral is making an elephant of a fly.

Senario

Smash Ace
Lol good old c stick arguments. Look guys. C stick is vital for smash and withoug a reasonable substitute for it in CPP for 3ds it will have even more reason never to be streamed competitively. I actually would be happy if small details of balance and mechanics were geared more towards competitive players in the wii U version. Might give people a reason to master mechanics with better control scheme and more esports friendly gaming. Because as it is I wouldnt play as fast as I could on 3ds. No c stick, no extra and disposable buttons. Means I will likely just look at content then put it down.

EpicPowered

Smash Cadet
As it is presumptuous to expect big companies to forget their businesses interests so they make a portion of the players happy. We do buy the games but we aren't entitled to everything, the game is being made for us but most of all Nintendo is a company that has to make money most of all. And what have people lost? The game doesn't support a peripheral seriously what's there to get over? If people can't get over that then life will crush them pretty easily. The thing is things are the way they are, people just have to get used to playing without a C-stick and the game plays perfectly fine without it. Complain as much as you want no one is entitled to anything, the only thing you can do is not buy the game, and if someone doesn't buy it because it doesn't support a peripheral, he's an idiot. Sorry for being blunt.

The game doesn't support a peripheral...yeah that's really dirty move... And getting your car destroyed and comparing that to a game not supporting a plastic peripheral is making an elephant of a fly.
I agree it's an over exaggeration but it's the same concept. Let people be mad and complain if it's justified. Letting things just happen without a word because you seemingly can't change anything will also cause life to crush you. It's a disappointment to me but it's not the end of the world. I'm still buying Smash and I'm still going to love it. Also, just because we're complaining doesn't mean that we won't get over it. We post what we feel here at the time being, this doesn't mean we'll still be as angry during release. By that time, we will get over it. It's not a big deal. But seriously, you and I both are making this bigger than it needs to be. You don't see why people are getting so angry and that's understandable. To you, it's just another gaming peripheral. But to some people, it really hits their play style pretty hard. I'm a massive C-Stick user and it's pretty harsh on me. I don't have the greatest tech skill but I don't play competitive so the C-Stick for me adds a lot of the enjoyment I get from the game because it's easy and quick to use. Losing it will change how I have to play and I'd rather not do that. But that doesn't mean I won't get over the fact that it's gone. Right now, I'm mainly upset about this marketing strategy they have going on.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Chances are Dacus probably won't even be a thing any more.
The reality is this game has a secondary stick for Wii U. So things like DACUS (not just DACUS) may appear in Wii U but not in 3DS. So... why shall we pay for an uncomplete version like that? That's the criticism.

Yes I have played smash and I can do a smash attack without the c stick just as fast and a down air without fast fall, just press down and a at the same time...
I bet you are the only one in the universe that can make a Smash without C-Stick. Congrats.

The thing is the case stick isn't a big deal, yes it is convenient but not having it barely changes anything.
I don't think so. I just put you the example of the dash + short hop + Dair + still dash. I can put you some examples like comboing a jab/tilt attack into a Smash. That's pretty more difficult if you perform it without a secondary stick.

If you want to continue complaining and getting worked up over nothing by all means go ahead, I prefer to just enjoy the game and adapt to it, not expect the game to adapt to me.
This is kind of strange statement. So if Sakurai made a really bad game, I am what is wrong, not the game... 'cause the game is Smash, and Smash is perfect, and... Just sounds silly for me. It's like... if Sakurai say: "you can only play with Mario and there's no vs. mode", I can't complain because I'm a bad person that cannot "adapt to game".

If Smash has a failure like this, it's perfectly understandable many people aren't happy. I am not, I think there was no reason to remove the secondary stick because CPP just costs ten bucks and it allows you to play deeper and more comfortable. But the worst thing is this game in NEW 3DS and in the Wii U version will have a C-Stick...

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Is it confirmed that you can pick Regional or Worldwide like in Mario Kart when playing online?

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Still doesn't help when I could have just as easily used what I had. I don't care if it was 100 dollars, n**** I got bills to pay. Everyone can't just drop Benjamin's on something like that at any given time.
I'm simply stating fact, not telling you to spend your money. I was simply making a correction to the absurdly high price you put on something that is not going to be THAT expensive. I don't know why you got so defensive over it?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
As it is presumptuous to expect big companies to forget their businesses interests so they make a portion of the players happy. If people can't get over that then life will crush them pretty easily. The thing is things are the way they are, people just have to get used to playing without a C-stick and the game plays perfectly fine without it.
The problem is, the game can and does support the peripheral, but only if you buy a brand new console with said peripheral built in instead of getting the 20$ add-on that has been for sale for years now. This is a very cheap move by nintendo, and it's perfectly okay for us to be angry about it.
Saying the game plays fine without the peripheral just blatantly shows how ignorant you are to the deeper ways in which smash can be played.
The C-Stick is vital for Smash? Since when?
since it was implemented. Sorry EpF, quoting your amazing post again.

You really don't get competitive smash, huh?

Let me break it down. Having a c-stick allows you to push the limits of your character while still being able to retain full mobility over the character, notably, the ability to freely use aerials while being able to move your character in any desired direction.

For example, a character like Marth or Ike can jump backwards and hit the c-stick forward to do a forward air while retreating backwards to zone. A character like Fox or Greninja can make greater use of their U-air during a short hop without accidentally double jumping. Captain Falcon can use backwards Uairs to either get a semi-spike on characters or link into other aerials like Bair, or land on the ground and set up a tilt or jab reset.

Mario can do stuff like SH Uair into Bair while still moving forward.

Not to mention characters will be able to fully utilize Pivot forward smashes without accidentally executing a forward tilt. Not only that, the additional triggers on the new 3DS means that players aren't torn between using only one button for shield and one for grab. A combination of these things means that the ones who have the new hardware have many more options than us.

You can jest about it, but the fact of the matter is for the duration of the smash 3DS scene, the ones with the new one will prosper.

Japan is going to ****ing wreck us.

Last edited:
No one is asking for a life lesson or some condenscending allegorical hooplah. The fact of the matter is that this was a deliberate act against a specific demographic of users, one that incurred at the last second. And even if you can get away with something doesn't mean you should.

You can't have a business without customers, and if you betray enough customers you have financial backlash (see: Nintendo Wii). Especially when you get lied to--because Nintendo clearly stated that they had no plans of making a second stick for their hardware, and then release it. It's ****ed up marketing. Capcom said they can't put Strider in Marvel vs Capcom, but they did, prayed on that and sold customers another copy of the game. Nintendo made the Wii U without GC ports and removed every model of the Wii on the market that used GC ports and memory cards, then they release a peripheral just so you can use it when they could have just made the Wii U with them in the first place, especially when all signs pointed at Nintendo abandoning the GC controller. I don't know about you, but I refuse to get money grabbed by a company and just sit there and deal with it. There is a reason why I bought my Wii U used, because I'm not gonna give Nintendo my money unless they learn how to practice all that family friendly no man left behind bs they spout out of their technicolored advertising campaigns.

No one here is crushed, and yes we can deal without the use of an additional peripheral. The issue here is you prancing into a topic I'll informed of the use of the device in question and telling us to get over it, because YOU don't use it, nay, you don't even make a remote attempt to educate yourself on why this is an issue to competitive smash players. Are you really so full of yourself?--I pray that you aren't, as I'm not one to make an enemy with someone I have never met. Don't you think that since your statements are met with resistance that you may have to conduct some self-evaluation? Or y'know, just don't say anything? Because I strongly believe you don't have a clue as to what your are talking about, and if you do, I invite you to prove me wrong.

I don't think the individual who decides not to purchase something because he / she cannot enjoy it in the manner in which he / she is accustomed is an idiot. Gaming is a leasure activity; a privelage, and if I can't enjoy it, why waste my time and finances? You can't ridicule someone for not succumbing to group think, and you definitely can't call someone an idiot for standing up to a clear injustice. Most of us probably would have bought the new 3DS given the time and opportunity, but the peripheral atleast have us something to hold us over until a release, but to prohibit an audience from using it right after the announcement? **** that. I don't care how you word it, alienating an audience for financial gain is not right, and very hypocritical coming from the company in question.

I applaud those of us with the fortitude to make a stand against a blatant attack on a community, because buying something you won't fully enjoy is foolish; it's like deliberately buying clothes that don't fit, but continuing to be in discomfort because everyone is in the same position. On the contrary, if you continue decide to purchase a product and continue to enable the behavior of undercutting customers "because they can", then you are the idiot.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

I think EPF might have been calculating the New 3DS XL while you took the regular New 3DS price for your calculations. (There's also importing/exporting taxes added to the mix and all that, but I don't know how much that is).

Nothing will change was the same thing said when everyone was complaining about lack of GC controllers. I guess I am still dreaming and the GC adapter isn't a real thing.

Nothing will change is what was said after the E3 demo was played and there were many complaints about the game. We now know they lowered the throw lag (instead opting for regrab invulnerability to stop chain grabs), they also changed the huge magnet ledge range and even changed the new ledge mechanics to work more like Melee (opting for a regrab the edge timer, where you can't grab the edge again for several seconds. Stopping exploits like planking but allowing for "ledge steals" ala Melee). Guess none of that changed either and we are all just delusional right?

You seem to not understand how business works and you claim that "whomever can't learn to deal with it will suffer his way through life". If you accept every crap someone throws at you, if you think of yourself as the least important person in the world and someone who doesn't deserve anything better than whatever others decide you deserve then the one that is going to suffer is you man.

I have a feeling though that most of what you preach is hypocrisy and that you would be mad if they took away something YOU used or liked. Fact is, taking away the C-Stick is the same as taking away options (as there are actions impossible to imitate without one) and every competitive player will always be disappointed when options are taken away for no reason, but that isn't the real reason people like us are mad.

The problem here is that the New 3DS has a built in accessory which works exactly the same as the CPP and has been confirmed to work with Smash, while the CPP is purposely not supported. They literally took the choice to TAKE AWAY support from the CPP and the only logical reason for that would be to make us compelled to buy a New 3DS (as there would be no reason to make an effort to take something away from the game).

Its as if someone broke your wooden pencil he sold you last year which you were perfectly happy with because they are now selling these expensive new model mechanical pencils and want to give you a reason to buy them. It feels completely wrong, like we're being cheated. We have all the right to be annoyed at Nintendo.

Last edited:

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Nintenevil....
Can I at least give up taunt buttons, use them for movement and circle pad for c-stick?

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
I think EPF might have been calculating the New 3DS XL while you took the regular New 3DS price for your calculations. (There's also importing/exporting taxes added to the mix and all that, but I don't know how much that is).

Nothing will change was the same thing said when everyone was complaining about lack of GC controllers. I guess I am still dreaming and the GC adapter isn't a real thing.

Nothing will change is what was said after the E3 demo was played and there were many complaints about the game. We now know they lowered the throw lag (instead opting for regrab invulnerability to stop chain grabs), they also changed the huge magnet ledge range and even changed the new ledge mechanics to work more like Melee (opting for a regrab the edge timer, where you can't grab the edge again for several seconds. Stopping exploits like planking but allowing for "ledge steals" ala Melee). Guess none of that changed either and we are all just delusional right?

You seem to not understand how business works and you claim that "whomever can't learn to deal with it will suffer his way through life". If you accept every crap someone throws at you, if you think of yourself as the least important person in the world and someone who doesn't deserve anything better than whatever others decide you deserve then the one that is going to suffer is you man.

I have a feeling though that most of what you preach is hypocrisy and that you would be mad if they took away something YOU used or liked. Fact is, taking away the C-Stick is the same as taking away options (as there are actions impossible to imitate without one) and every competitive player will always be disappointed when options are taken away for no reason, but that isn't the real reason people like us are mad.

The problem here is that the New 3DS has a built in accessory which works exactly the same as the CPP and has been confirmed to work with Smash, while the CPP is purposely not supported. They literally took the choice to TAKE AWAY support from the CPP and the only logical reason for that would be to make us compelled to buy a New 3DS (as there would be no reason to make an effort to take something away from the game).

Its as if someone broke your wooden pencil he sold you last year which you were perfectly happy with because they are now selling these expensive new model mechanical pencils and want to give you a reason to buy them. It feels completely wrong, like we're being cheated. We have all the right to be annoyed at Nintendo.
You seem to not understand the game is already done and releases today in Japan, that's why nothing will change... And all the examples and unrelative philosophical views won't change that.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
You seem to not understand the game is already done and releases today in Japan, that's why nothing will change... And all the examples and unrelative philosophical views won't change that.

"The Wii U is already out and has no GC ports". - Were you also making these type of comments back then?

One word: Patches.

I don't think it is likely the game will be patched, but it is doable and it is extremely easy.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
"The Wii U is already out and has no GC ports". - Were you also making these type of comments back then?

One word: Patches.

I don't think it is likely the game will be patched, but it is doable and it is extremely easy.
They would have to patch the game and the system, I doubt that will happen. There was a big uproar about kid icarus's not using the thing and nothing came of that as well. Also the whole idea of my original post was that it is stupid to over react as much as to say I wont buy the game and I'm not hyped any more. Of course it would be better if the option was there, but in the end the game is still perfectly playable, it's okay to feel bummed but why make such a big deal? Buy the WiiU version. The smash scene has gotten more support recently then it has ever gotten so instead of complaining about everything why not just be happy we get nintendos support and two smash games in a single year? The same thing happens with the cast, we got 49 amazing characters and the newcomers play incredibly unique, and all people do is complain that freaking ridley an mewtwo are not in. Let's just be happy we get a new game nobody will die or suck without a c stick, we will survive.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
They would have to patch the game and the system, I doubt that will happen. There was a big uproar about kid icarus's not using the thing and nothing came of that as well. Also the whole idea of my original post was that it is stupid to over react as much as to say I wont buy the game and I'm not hyped any more. Of course it would be better if the option was there, but in the end the game is still perfectly playable, it's okay to feel bummed but why make such a big deal? Buy the WiiU version. The smash scene has gotten more support recently then it has ever gotten so instead of complaining about everything why not just be happy we get nintendos support and two smash games in a single year? The same thing happens with the cast, we got 49 amazing characters and the newcomers play incredibly unique, and all people do is complain that ****i

They don't have to patch the system. The 3DS already supports the Circle Pad Pro. It's just patching the game. It may happen, it may not happen. We already made other stuff happen like the GC adapter. Also the most important thing is that our ****ing is warranted since this is definitely a **** move on Nintendo's part. You might not see it as such, but it is. The game already supports a control scheme exactly the same as the Circle Pad Pro, they chose to remove (or ignore) the Circle Pad Pro support on purpose which is what is so infuriating about it. It's different something like Kid Icarus that was never planned to be used in such a way to to something like Smash which was already programmed to use it but was purposely left out so that consumers buy a new system.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
They don't have to patch the system. The 3DS already supports the Circle Pad Pro. It's just patching the game. It may happen, it may not happen. We already made other stuff happen like the GC adapter. Also the most important thing is that our ****ing is warranted since this is definitely a **** move on Nintendo's part. You might not see it as such, but it is. The game already supports a control scheme exactly the same as the Circle Pad Pro, they chose to remove (or ignore) the Circle Pad Pro support on purpose which is what is so infuriating about it. It's different something like Kid Icarus that was never planned to be used in such a way to to something like Smash which was already programmed to use it but was purposely left out so that consumers buy a new system.
Well OK go on complaining and not enjoying what you have. It's a bummer for sure but why not look at all the good that has happened instead of complaining about everything. For the first time Nintendo actually support the scene and did things the players wanted, let's just be happy about that. But whatever complain if you want.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Well OK go on complaining and not enjoying what you have. It's a bummer for sure but why not look at all the good that has happened instead of complaining about everything. For the first time Nintendo actually support the scene and did things the players wanted, let's just be happy about that. But whatever complain if you want.
Complaining and enjoying are compatible. I am now playing the European demo and I can tell you two things: the game is awesome but it does need a secondary stick. Hopefuly, they change this in the Wii U version.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I love the game. I love everything that's being done for us. Doesn't mean I don't hate the fact that they purposely chose to **** us in this one aspect. You can have honest opinions about details and not just be a fanboy who loves everything or a hater who complains about everything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom