• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
That is the naked meta knight... It was said to be a Kirby alt. It was in Nintendo dream 1-2 weeks ago iirc
Here's the palette swap from the Wii U version. I think this was in a batch of screenshots Nintendo released a while back.

Also, since the blast zones are so large, it favors lighter characters, probably. Are we sure that it's large blast zones, or that characters slow down quickly while being launched? Deceleration?

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm also a wee bit curious as to whether Diddy's banana nerf was done for balancing purposes or to be less taxing on the 3DS system, same could be asked for Olimar's pikmin change but they seem to be playing that off for balancing reasons, from what I can tell
If the 3ds can handle Giga Bowser, it can handle an extra banana.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Looking back at the info we received here, it really does look like this game is trying to be a balanced between brawl and melee.

It has a lot of mechanics melee fans will enjoy like no magnetic ledges. While also having mechanics brawl fans will enjoy like the floaty physics. It also tries to reduce quite a bit of stalling methods which I think a lot of people will appreciate.

D

Deleted member 245254

With black and red Charizard confirmed, hopefully we may see Yellow (Shiny) Lucario as an alt. too
There is no yellow lucario. There is green, purple, dark gray, and the rest are shades of blue.

Robin moveset dump incoming, along with observation of how Marth "feels".

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
They actually made 8 Wireframe Mac colors? Wtf.

This does mean that he either has 7 normal colors + the 1 sweatshirt alt, or 4 normal colors + 4 sweatshirt alts, either of which is probably what we would have expected anyway. But in either case, the fact that they went and added 8 wireframe colors on top of that is crazy.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Here's the palette swap from the Wii U version. I think this was in a batch of screenshots Nintendo released a while back.

Also, since the blast zones are so large, it favors lighter characters, probably. Are we sure that it's large blast zones, or that characters slow down quickly while being launched? Deceleration?
When I was at smash fest it was large blast zones.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Thanks for the info Zipzo!

I was in a similar position during the Best Buy events with delivering info, so I hope you've been eating and drinking between rounds.

If anyone has any info on that Pink Earthbound stage or how many uses Robin's weapons each have, thats all I really wanna know.

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
Haven't checked any news of smash in weeks...Curious on peach and Lucina FS lol.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

This does mean that he either has 7 normal colors + the 1 sweatshirt alt, or 4 normal colors + 4 sweatshirt alts, either of which is probably what we would have expected anyway. But in either case, the fact that they went and added 8 wireframe colors on top of that is crazy.
Should we expect a sweatshirt wireframe? :awesome:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
If the 3ds can handle Giga Bowser, it can handle an extra banana.
It definitely can handle another banana.

I'm also a wee bit curious as to whether Diddy's banana nerf was done for balancing purposes or to be less taxing on the 3DS system, same could be asked for Olimar's pikmin change but they seem to be playing that off for balancing reasons, from what I can tell
It was probably because random tripping is out, and that element probably influenced their decision on one banana over two. That really means less approach options for Diddy Kong.

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I'm worried that matches are going to drag on longer than they should because of it though.
By character to stage size ratio melee had larger blast zones than brawl. It's not really how far the blast zones are, it's how far someone is sent relative to their percent.

SnuggleBubbler

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnuggleBubbler
Warning Received
This Pac talk reminds me how IMMENSELY disappointing it is that Pac-Man is getting the Brawl Sonic treatment as far as alt colors go.

No Battle Royal Colors?
No Pac-Man 2 alt?
No Ms. Pac-Man? (lol)

Really though, they could've done so much but if he's just yellow with different boots that's really lame. I wouldn't have even minded a Ghostly Adventures alt (if only for how amazing it would be to troll people with a toothed Pac-Man).

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
If it can't handle Ice Climbers, 4 bananas might be pushing it too far as opposed to one giant Bowser.
I don't think items are really comparable to something as complicated at having 4 player characters and 4 AI at the same time.

Diddy nerf was necessary but sad.

The banana disappearing with another ones spawn will be excellent for item control though. If that's how it really works.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm worried that matches are going to drag on longer than they should because of it though.
At the same time, ledges aren't magnetic anymore. That means they could still, in theory, not make it back to the ledge. I think some more testing would need to be done before coming up with a final conclusion, but all of it is certainly interesting.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I for one am not a fan of two stocks down in 30 seconds. I like longer matches.

Besides, gravity is still a thing, though the new ledge mechanics will certainly change edgeguarding approaches.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
There is no yellow lucario. There is green, purple, dark gray, and the rest are shades of blue.

Robin moveset dump incoming, along with observation of how Marth "feels".
Oh well, the Dream of Shiny alts for all Pokémon is gone; but its nice to see Purple and Dark Gray alts tho. Thanks for the reply and all this info!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
At the same time, ledges aren't magnetic anymore. That means they could still, in theory, not make it back to the ledge. I think some more testing would need to be done before coming up with a final conclusion, but all of it is certainly interesting.
I'm curious as if this affects Peach's Parasol when open or closed while face away from the ledge. In Melee you fell to your doom facing the wrong way.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If it can't handle Ice Climbers, 4 bananas might be pushing it too far as opposed to one giant Bowser.
Are you really comparing Ice Climbers to Diddy's bananas?

I mean, really?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I don't think items are really comparable to something as complicated at having 4 player characters and 4 AI at the same time.

Diddy nerf was necessary but sad.

The banana disappearing with another ones spawn will be excellent for item control though. If that's how it really works.
Yeah I suppose that's true. One banana is still too many bananas because I absolutely hate that move.

By the way I've been staring at your sig for like 5 minutes now.

Are you really comparing Ice Climbers to Diddy's bananas?

I mean, really?
Yes. *grumble grumble*

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I would assume any information we obtain here won't really have any implications on technical problems/issues.

Hence, I'd say it's not really a valid topic point.

Last edited:

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
It definitely seems like the early metagame of Smash 4 will be based very heavily around spacing and zoning, stage positioning/control, and reading and punishing rolls.

Last edited:

JForseti

Smash Journeyman

I was wondering about this actually, and if the sweatshirt alt is not currently available in the playable version, does that mean there are more other alts that have not been unlocked yet or something?

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Is it easier or more difficult to land knee now? Any noticeable changes to the captain at all? Black falcon pls? Dont think i could handle another brawl falcon ;-;

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The Diddy Kong banana thing isn't much of a nerf. Being unable to juggle two of them kinda sucks, but on the other hand, your opponent now has pretty much no ability to use them against you since you just down special as soon as someone grabs one to make it disappear out of their hands. So Diddy is losing some of his ability to control a lot, but he has tighter control over what he still has. IMO the general mechanical change (at least it was this way based on E3 demo reports) of glide tossing being gone hurts Diddy more than this change. Diddy's core design is pretty strong though; I imagine he'll be fine.

Pac-Man sounds kinda like G&W to me? Kinda slow and floaty with very beefy hitboxes and notably good aerials is a not so terrible description of my favorite flat man. Unlike the rest of you, I really want my characters to be very top tier and very strong so my brain is telling me to be apprehensive about Pac-Man but my heart turtle says to go for it!

Really all of this info is very interesting; I probably won't be awake for the AMA, but I'll be studying all of this in great detail. So far it really sounds like the demo build the rest of us played wasn't horribly unrepresenative of the final product, and to me, that's a great sign. Thanks a lot Zipzo for gathering this info; it sounds like you're getting in a lot of playtime and also doing the work to let people know as much as you can, and I know from my Best Buy experience that it really is a lot of work you're doing.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I was wondering about this actually, and if the sweatshirt alt is not currently available in the playable version, does that mean there are more other alts that have not been unlocked yet or something?
Iirc, it was said that the sweatshirt would be on both Flesh and Wire Mac. I forget if that was posted elsewhere or if Zipzo clarified it though.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Hnnng, i'm really glad that they lowered the landing lag on some moves, I was worried for a bit.

RIP Falcon Knee

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I think we saw in the trailer that Peach's appears to be unchanged.
It pretty much is...

Also:

So i just found out that supposedly the rainbow up-air is destroying everyone (like multiple K.O's at once) and it might get a nerf for the end game :4peach:
So Peach has probably been buffed. I would assume the change to her up air is so we don't see up her dress, but it's probably due to the dress' animation.

Wraeith

Smash Cadet
I'm slightly concerned Shulk might out-class other sword-wielders after all I've heard and seen of him, very eager to hear of more of Robin and Marth. Smash 4 Ken combos would be sick, shame about no double forward air though.

Thanks for reporting, Zipzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom