• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Exclusive Stages.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Out of the 3DS stages, some of my current favourites are Magicant, Arena Ferox, Gaur Plains, Prism Tower, Mute City, Pacmaze and Dream Land.

Magicant is not just only a wonderful setting for an EarthBound stage, but what I like about it is how the stage blends the weird charm that EarthBound has, and the songs used on that stage are beautiful, especially Smiles and Tears! I also love how it incorporates the history of EarthBound too, with the little time portal showing Ness and his friends! Seeing them go through Threed put a smile on my face. However from a competitive standpoint, I think it's better to play this stage in the Final Destination form; the platforms are placed unevenly, and there's the stage hazards such as the Flying Man and the Mobile Sprouts that pop up from time to time.

Arena Ferox goes well in both the FD form and it's neutral form, with the stage transformations. It should be like Pokémon Stadium, and there are no problems with it from a competitive view. Only the sporadic cave of life can cause a bit more mayhem than necessary. I think this stage's great for both competitive tournaments with Final Destination and Neutral forms.

Gaur Plains is better off in the FD form, and the platforms are even more precarious, not to mention that huge gap of open space in the middle of the stage. Try using Shulk's Back Slash, you're gone if you fall in to the black hole. Also, @--- , there's no sign of Metal Face in the 3DS version. It appears like he's going to appear in the Wii U version of the stage instead, so there's no stage hazard that can interrupt the gameplay. Caution is to be advised when playing the neutral form, as a mistimed attack could lead to a self-destruct if you're not careful, and the platforms are easy to miss if a character has poor recovery skills like Ike or Shulk.

Prism Tower seems like a stage one could see in both FD and Neutral forms. It's stage transformations are quick, but they seem to be really easy to get used to. There's no hazard on the stage, and I think that it's just as competitively viable as Arena Ferox.

What I find interesting about Mute City is how it plays into the technical origins of the F-Zero series; as it was one of the first games to use the SNES Mode 7 chip to recreate a 3D experience by rotating and resizing all those pixels. It's pretty nifty, if you ask me. However, the Neutral form shouldn't be used in the competitive scene: The platforms are too far away from the F-Zero machine, and the machine changes really quickly. Also, coming into contact with the ground catapults you really high into the air. I think it's not at all a competitively viable stage, outside of its Final Destination variation.

Pacmaze is also a competitive no-go. But I do like how the stage actually encompasses the feel of the original Pac-Man arcade game, more so than Pac-Land. (That stage is just a blot)

That's all from me.

FrameImperfect

Smash Cadet
NNID
3x3=?
3DS FC
0044-2904-0617
As far as I've seen, we have 3 neutral stages and up to 7 different counterpicks. Not sure about Mute City or Rainbow Road being legal, though.

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
So here's a thought:

For the neutral stages, we could possibly use two different FDs. The one with the largest blast zone and the one with the smallest blast zone. Alternatively, we could label Omega as something different from standard FD.

Combine that with BF, YI, and Arena Ferox(?) and we have 5 neutrals.

Then during CP, Omega and FD combine so that you don't get a guaranteed FD pick.

TheWindWaker

Smash Rookie
NNID
Squirtle12
3DS FC
3454-2723-3471
I am in love with the Spirit Tracks and Nintendogs stages, mainly because of their music. I could listen to Full Steam Ahead for hours.
I was hoping for an ALBW stage with everyone as paintings on the, but I guess that is a little too much :/
I am very satisfied with the stage lineup though!

Hitzel

Smash Ace
So I just realized that the FD version of Corneria is the platform that Pokemon Trainer rides on in the Brawl version of that stage.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So I just realized that the FD version of Corneria is the platform that Pokemon Trainer rides on in the Brawl version of that stage.
After taking a look at the two, I'd say they are much different. :/

JetCloud

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dairanto-Gaming
3DS FC
0146-9526-2827
I am loving the Magicant stage hopefully we will see it in the Wii U version.:chuckle:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
So, I wanna talk stage legality. Or competitive stages and potential competitive stages.

We'll ignore the shoe-ins:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island

Potential list of brand new stages starting from most likely to least:

Prism Tower: The walk off portion last even less time than that of Metaknights stage. Every sequence is legal from that point.

Jungle Japes(Melee): If you touch the water you are most likely done for. The little crocs are still there but it shouldn't even be a problem with people playing on Yoshi Story with Randalls and Shy Guys flying around.

Mute City: Let's get this out of the way. There are hazards on this stage. The floor is a hazard, And things happen during the match. But this time, we are warned about every thing that happens with a generous amount of time as well.

Arena Ferox: As of now, there are 0 infinites in this game. This stage has walls and transforms faster than Pokemon Stadium addicted to crack. Even so, the stage isn't the best for camping. In fact, a lot of walled areas are closed off, so if you try to hide there, you'll be in a situation where you'll be between a wall and a guy with a controller.

Brinstar(Melee): Back to the past people. We don't know why Brinstar was legal back then, but hey, we can do it again.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
So, I wanna talk stage legality. Or competitive stages and potential competitive stages.

We'll ignore the shoe-ins:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island

Potential list of brand new stages starting from most likely to least:

Prism Tower: The walk off portion last even less time than that of Metaknights stage. Every sequence is legal from that point.

Jungle Japes(Melee): If you touch the water you are most likely done for. The little crocs are still there but it shouldn't even be a problem with people playing on Yoshi Story with Randalls and Shy Guys flying around.

Mute City: Let's get this out of the way. There are hazards on this stage. The floor is a hazard, And things happen during the match. But this time, we are warned about every thing that happens with a generous amount of time as well.

Arena Ferox: As of now, there are 0 infinites in this game. This stage has walls and transforms faster than Pokemon Stadium addicted to crack. Even so, the stage isn't the best for camping. In fact, a lot of walled areas are closed off, so if you try to hide there, you'll be in a situation where you'll be between a wall and a guy with a controller.

Brinstar(Melee): Back to the past people. We don't know why Brinstar was legal back then, but hey, we can do it again.
Honestly? I don't think any stages should be banned, at least at first. We should let every stage rock until an actual, significant problem is discovered with each of them.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Honestly? I don't think any stages should be banned, at least at first. We should let every stage rock until an actual, significant problem is discovered with each of them.
There are significant problems with some stages right off the bat though. Wario ware unfairly rewards players (both could win the minigame, but one might get nothing while the other gets invincibility), Nintendogs has a 0-death on some characters (specifically jiggs, its can be like a 30-death on most though), mushroomy kingdom scrolls fast and layout is interruptive, plus the ledges aren't grabable. I think we can narrow the stage list down to
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Rainbow Road
Paper Mario
Corneria
Brinstar
3D Land
Reset Bomb Forrest
Unova Pokemon League
Distant Planet
Prism Tower
Gaur Plains
Tomodachi Life
Arena Ferox
Mute City
Tortimer's Island
I believe every other stage has a glaring flaw that stops it from being legal, and even that list has some highly debatable and likely banned stages.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A thought: Now that Chain Grabbign is gone will walk-off stages be allowed? And if not why not?

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
A thought: Now that Chain Grabbign is gone will walk-off stages be allowed? And if not why not?
Each walk-off should be individually tested to see if can be camped. For Example, Gaur Plains is pretty hard to camp since you can attack from under the platform, but Balloon Fight's is incredibly easy since the blast zones are the edges of the screen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Each walk-off should be individually tested to see if can be camped. For Example, Gaur Plains is pretty hard to camp since you can attack from under the platform, but Balloon Fight's is incredibly easy since the blast zones are the edges of the screen.
As long as it's not an instant BAN criteria anymore.

Out of curiosity why don't you have Boxing ring on your list of "legal" stages? Too campy?

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
As long as it's not an instant BAN criteria anymore.

Out of curiosity why don't you have Boxing ring on your list of "legal" stages? Too campy?
Yeah. The ability to camp on the lights was the main issue I encountered. Also the lights made the ceiling of that stage really high, so it was much harder to get vertical kills. The walk-offs weren't too bad, but they were much easier to camp than distant planet and gaur plains.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Am I the only one that didn't know you could go down the pipes in Pictochat 2 until I tested it a second ago?

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
There are significant problems with some stages right off the bat though. Wario ware unfairly rewards players (both could win the minigame, but one might get nothing while the other gets invincibility), Nintendogs has a 0-death on some characters (specifically jiggs, its can be like a 30-death on most though), mushroomy kingdom scrolls fast and layout is interruptive, plus the ledges aren't grabable. I think we can narrow the stage list down to
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Rainbow Road
Paper Mario
Corneria
Brinstar
3D Land
Reset Bomb Forrest
Unova Pokemon League
Distant Planet
Prism Tower
Gaur Plains
Tomodachi Life
Arena Ferox
Mute City
Tortimer's Island
I believe every other stage has a glaring flaw that stops it from being legal, and even that list has some highly debatable and likely banned stages.
I much prefer that list to having literally only 4 stages allowed.

Young$$$

The Sell Out Boy
NNID
PsyborgSSB
3DS FC
1891-1345-8774
I'd just love to come out and say that Magicant is pretty much my favorite casual stage! I'm a really big Earthbound fan, and it makes me so happy to see so many references. To bad there's no Mother 3 representation this time around :/

SmashBear

Smash Cadet
NNID
PotatoMunches
Here is a list i think may be stages in tournament play
Starter
Yoshi's Island
Final Destination
Battlefield
Counter Pick
A
rena Ferox
Boxing ring
Reset Bomb Forest - Aside from the 2nd transformation it seems pretty basic
Prism tower
Tomodachi lyf
Banned
everything else

Last edited:

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Here is a list i think may be stages in tournament play
Starter
Yoshi's Island
Final Destination
Battlefield
Tortimer Island
Counter Pick
A
rena Ferox
Boxing ring
Reset Bomb Forest - Aside from the 2nd transformation it seems pretty basic
Pac Maze - I'm just going to put this on because i am not sure where to put it exactly
Prism tower
Tomodachi lyf
Banned
everything else
Tortimer's Island isn't good because of so many little things. Random Layout, spawning items (fruits, beehives, banana peels, durian/coconuts, exploding fruit that looks like normal fruit), shark hazard, Kapp'n Hazard, one ungrabbable ledge. Boxing Ring is to easy to camp on the lights, but if you could prove that wrong people may be up for it, who knows. Pac Maze is bad because the power up location is spawned at random, so its unfair that it might spawn near the player who uses it to win, while the other player didn't have enough time to run across the stage to get his and lost because of it.

SmashBear

Smash Cadet
NNID
PotatoMunches
Tortimer's Island isn't good because of so many little things. Random Layout, spawning items (fruits, beehives, banana peels, durian/coconuts, exploding fruit that looks like normal fruit), shark hazard, Kapp'n Hazard, one ungrabbable ledge. Boxing Ring is to easy to camp on the lights, but if you could prove that wrong people may be up for it, who knows. Pac Maze is bad because the power up location is spawned at random, so its unfair that it might spawn near the player who uses it to win, while the other player didn't have enough time to run across the stage to get his and lost because of it.
Yea you prove some of the stages on my list wrong and at the time i did'nt even realize that they're was ungrabbable ledge and exploding fruit so thanks for pointing that out.Also in the pac maze i realized that greninja players can spam shadow sneak making it annoying.As for punching ring i realized when playing it the other day that there is a stage hazard and it is a walkoff stages
Thanks for pointing this info out!

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Yea you prove some of the stages on my list wrong and at the time i did'nt even realize that they're was ungrabbable ledge and exploding fruit so thanks for pointing that out.Also in the pac maze i realized that greninja players can spam shadow sneak making it annoying.As for punching ring i realized when playing it the other day that there is a stage hazard and it is a walkoff stages
Thanks for pointing this info out!
No problem, I'm for as many stages as possible being legal, but in order to get stages to be legal, theres gonna have to be a half-way point between the two extremes.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
No problem, I'm for as many stages as possible being legal, but in order to get stages to be legal, theres gonna have to be a half-way point between the two extremes.
Boxing Ring is probably gonna be barely legal. Sure Lights camping is a thing, but what use is that when they're under the lights? LIke a lot of the time?

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
One interesting thing to note about Greninja's Shadow Sneak on flat stages is that the omega versions of those stages are still flat, and still give that Greninja move an advantage compared to every other stage. It's impossible to see the shadow on the ground, and since the animation is the same as simply standing or walking, it creates a stage-specific mixup.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
My friends and I had a semi-competitive tourney last week, and we used this stage list:
Starters:
BF
FD
Yoshi's

Counter Picks:
Rainbow Road
Brinstar
Prism Tower

Didn't really find problems with any particular one. We had best 3 of 5 sets with 3 stocks and a 10 minute time limit. (we were generous with the time cuz you tend to live longer.) We only had 4 of us, thus we played longer sets.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
My friends and I had a semi-competitive tourney last week, and we used this stage list:
Starters:
BF
FD
Yoshi's

Counter Picks:
Rainbow Road
Brinstar
Prism Tower

Didn't really find problems with any particular one. We had best 3 of 5 sets with 3 stocks and a 10 minute time limit. (we were generous with the time cuz you tend to live longer.) We only had 4 of us, thus we played longer sets.
You allowed brinstar and Rainbow Road but Ferox and Tomodachi are gone? Please explain.

Spongyoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
spongyoshi
3DS FC
3523-2485-5804
My favorites 3DS only stages are Pictochat and WarioWare.....
Yeah i know i love stages with lots of action :p

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Does anyone think it could be possible to port Wii U stages to the 3DS if a Brawl-level hack is found in 4? I want Gamer, Flat Zone X and Duck Hunt on the 3DS.

JFyst

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-1491-9293
This game's stages overall, while enjoyable, were pretty trash.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
So trash is enjoyable. Themoreyouknow.jpg

TekKnite

Smash Cadet
So! SSB4 is on its way and It already looks like certain stages are going to be 3DS exclusives.

Example:

Other 3DS only stages.
Battlefield (Peaks)
Gerudo Valley — The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Spirit Train/Spirit Rails — The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Arena Ferox — Fire Emblem: Awakening [1] [2] [3] [4]
Super Mario Stage(s) [1] [2] [3]
What other stages you guys want to appear exclusively on the 3DS version of SSB4?

Discuss down below! :)[/quote]
I love so many of the 3ds stages there really well done. They definitely put time into it and I'm glad.

Azew

Smash Lord
All I have to say about 3ds stages is that Arena Ferox should not have Id~Purpose as it's main theme. I have so much emotional investment in that song I have a hard time playing on that stage and keeping a light hearted mood at the same time. My worst fear is that I'll be de-sensitized to that song and posdibly even dislike it because it's too epic to be heard so frequently, just like Brawl's main theme. What's Smash's problem with over using epic music anyways?

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
There really good although I wish they included stages from Virtual Wario Land that uses the same background foreground like Jungle Hijinx, and a Elite Beat Agents stage.

MegaSilver

Smash Cadet
NNID
MegaSilver
I'm just popping in to say that legality aside, after spending a couple months with both games, I think the 3DS has the better stages. I wish stages were mirrored across both versions like characters. Things like Reset Bomb Forest, Tortimer Island, etc would be so good on the Wii U version. I hate having to go to the handheld just to play them.

Too many repeat stages in the Wii U version.

YorkTC

Smash Rookie
I would actually like some of the 3DS stages in the Wii U version. Tomodachi life would have been cool.

Top Bottom