• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

35 characters,would you be satisfied?(Also,a theory of development progress)

Dokuro

Smash Ace
more liek 45/40. only 11 new characters is too little :(

anyways, my 11 picks:

Pichu bros. (Pokemon)
Mona (WarioWare)
King Dedede (Kirby)
Lyn (Fire Emblem)
Ridley (Metroid)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Flint (Mother 3)
Megaman (Megaman)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
Geno (Super Mario Bros.)
Bomberman (Bomberman)

and some other favorites.

Marina (Mischief Makers)
Ashley (WarioWare)
Koopa Troopa (Super Mario Bros.)
Rayman (Rayman)
Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Daisy (Super Mario Bros.)
Hammer Bros. (Super Mario Bros.)
Gardevoir (Pokemon)

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
ROFL!!! sorry for laughing, but its funny how some people can be such @ssholes. how do they know that youre getting +repped?

Sensai

Smash Master
I think an added 10 or so characters would not suffice, honestly. Not after the wait that we all have had to endure....heheh.

40-45 though? I'd be down with that.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Okay, I think I wanna throw down my own list here, just cuz. It's a new limit for me :p

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Zamus
Wario
Snake
Meta Knight
Pit
Fox
>Peach
>Bowser
>Luigi
>Yoshi
>DK
>Ness
>C. Falcon
>Ganondorf
>Zelda
>Ice Climbers
>Jigglypuff
>Marth
>Falco
>>Takamaru
>>Little Mac
>>Lucario
>>King Dedede
>>Krystal
>>Diddy Kong
>>Some new FE Character
>>Some new Mother Character
>>WILD CARD (could be ANYBODY LAWL)
>>Sonic? Mega Man? Simon?
>>Bonk? Bomberman? Rayman? The Prince? Geno?

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
I really liked FlipTroopas list... though I'll try beign realistic.

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Zamus
Wario
Snake
Meta Knight
Pit
Fox
>Peach
>Bowser
>Luigi
>Yoshi
>DK
>Ness
>C. Falcon
>Ganondorf
>Zelda
>Ice Climbers
>Jigglypuff
>Marth
>Falco
>>King Dedede
>>Lyn
>>Krystal OR Wolf... probably Krystal because she is a GIRL. Though I'd like her BURNING.
>>OMG Ridley
>>Anothah Old' School Character: Hopes are Little Mac, Takamaru (gulp, difficult) or... Balloon Fighter ¬¬
>>Diddy Kong & Dixie. Yeah. Like a team.
>>New Mother Character
>>I'm hoping Sonic.
>>Very Probable Geno. (5 votes in char poll o_o)
>>Not so probable Megaman. That or (just because I'm doubting it's "representation" Cybor Ninja -GreyFox- from MGS, or "Tails" from Sonic, or both!! OMG no)
>>New Pokémon. (Deoxys, Lucario? Or maybe Mewtwo is back O_o)

I tried to be realistic, really. It's NOT what I'm hoping for...since it's obvious that nobody cares. Lawler.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
hey doesn't anyone think that ICs aren't gonna be in brawl?

i mean why WOULD they be in brawl??? i think it was good idea for melee, but i think they'll be dropped, just like the clones, but i think Ganondorf will make a new return as a different character, not a clone. and game/watch is probably gone too

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
i thought the dual-character idea was cool, but they turned out to have wayyyy too much potnential to be waaayyy too good IMO (if you can control them)

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
The problem with the Ice Climbers it's that they weren't considered "secret characters" like for instance, G&W...

Though I'm having my serious doubts... Now that you mention it... I forgot to put them out. >.< I'm sure they're not coming back.

1 reason. Not enough support... just 1 stage. And... if you consider they doesn't belong to a "franchise" Nintendo could still be making profit for...well, then bye-bye Ice Climbers.

Yeah, I'm totally sure they're out... They should. I agree you turbogilman.

Anthracks

Smash Rookie
The only characters that I would be upset if they didn't add are:

Falco
Ridley

Others would be cool... but I'm pretty sure those would be the only ones that would make an impact on me. Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong tag team would be really cool too I guess. We definately need another F-Zero character though... there are many and they are all unique. Maybe Samurai Goroh? Or Captain Falcon's rival, Black Demon or whatever.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I would want to see the following in Brawl -
1) King K.Rool
2) Megaman
3) Bomberman
4) Vietful Joe
5) Sonic
6) Poo
7) King Boo

I would really really love it if they put King K.Rool in Brawl as I would play him alot cause hes my favourite character. He has alot of good moves like [Shooting cannon balls, Sucking up people with cannon, Throwing crown and maybe some melee moves]

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
The only new characters I'd want in there are
Geno
Poo
Sonic
Megaman X
Mallow
and Toad
But I REALLY want Geno. That would be so cool. and MegamanX also.

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
My list:

* means i really want it!
1: Mario (Confirmed, DUH)
2: Link (Confirmed)
3: Kirby (Confirmed)
4: Pikachu (Confirmed)
5: Samus/Zsamus (Confirmed, I think they will be one character)
6: MetaKnight (Confirmed, Bad*** Mofo)
7: Wario (Confirmed)
8: Pit (Confirmed, Like his concept but a little uneasy about ‘im)
9: Snake (Confirmed, About time he showed up, he should have been in Melee)
10: Yoshi (Confirmed, and it’s Yoshi)
11: Fox (It’s Fox. If they took him out they would lose half their supporters. ‘Nuff said. Also, he’s FUGLY)
If I’ve missed any confirmed characters, please let me know
12: Luigi (Got to love the green bro of Mario)*
13: Y. Link (Semi-Confirmed, see http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290 Cel shaded incarnation, revamped hopefully)*
14: Diddy & Dixie (They did say they wanted more teams, or they could have a Sheik like transformation between them.)
15: Ridley (Semi-Confirmed, see http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290)*
16: Krystal (With staff, for originality purposes)*
17: Wolf O’Donnell (Replace Falco, give assault moves) (if he does not replace Falco, give Falco assault moves, for the sake of “luigification”)
18: Skull kid (Hilariously insane in Majora’s Mask, Brawl move should be the moon, just cause)*
19: Bowser Jr. (Semi-Confirmed, see http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290)*
20: Ganondorf (Revamped with sword)
21: Zelda (Don’t care about sheik being in or not)
22: Capt. Falcon (Because he’s a given.)
23: Mewtwo (Reworked. Period.)*
24: DeDeDe (Because he’s an overweight Antarctic bird with a rather large mallet. Also a good alternative for Ice climbers fans since they were cut, according to this http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290 but it could just be rumors too...)
25: Peach (‘Cause she worked)
26: Black Mage (‘Cause I roll like that. Meteor for brawl move)*
27: Geno (High demand and I think he will bring something different to the series)
28: Sonic & Tails (It would be interesting, even though SEGA would never allow it…)*
29: Flint (because I feel like it)
30: Marth (Woops almost forgot…)
31: Lyn (To replace Roy as the second Fire emblem Character)
32: Bowser (Major villain and pretty bad*** too)
33: Donkey Kong (It is DK, he’s a major Mario character that branched off into his own franchise! How can you not!?)
34: Ness (Earthbound=good game)
35: JigglyPuff (whatever you’re into man… <.< lol j/k, Jiggs is good if you can use her.)
To be cut ( I hope to god! ) : Pichu (‘Cause no one wants Pichu), Doc (Clone), Ganondorf (if he is not revamped), Falco (Unless there is no Wolf O’Donnell).
For the last 5( as stated in http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290) I don’t care.
Just giving my 2 cents…and then some.

Also according to this: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290 Ice climbers got cut, as well as G&W, but **** I was wishing Ice climbers would stay :( i hope it's just rumors.

And lastly, Hello everyone, I'm new to posting, though I've watched and learned in the past week, and I feel I am ready to join the community :)

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Also according to this: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290 Ice climbers got cut, as well as G&W, but **** I was wishing Ice climbers would stay :( i hope it's just rumors.

And lastly, Hello everyone, I'm new to posting, though I've watched and learned in the past week, and I feel I am ready to join the community :)

Seriously don't belive anything on the net that other people post. Because people make up false things like fake covers and fake rooster picutres. Yes it has been confirmed that some characters wont return, but there hasn't been any news on it, as of now it is just false info and rumors and others views on who they think should be cut.

Anyways welcome to the Smash boards.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

Hello and welcome to the forums, I hope you have a good time here. I would like to inform you that the infamous 1UP "IC YL and G&W" being cut rumor is a load of bull and was proven false months ago, meaning they all still have a chance to return. Here's hoping for IC and G&W

DarkerCompanion

Smash Cadet
Lets see . . . if I could decide 35 characters for the game . . .

Well, assuming Melee's 25 and the 5 newcomers as a standard, I would pick:
1. Poo from Earthbound
2. Midna (no wolf Link) from Twilight Princess
3. King K. Rool from Donkey Kong Country
4. King Dedede from Kirby
5. Wolf O'Donnell from Star Fox

I'd really aim to fill out the villain/antagonist roles in Smash.

If I could pick all 3rd party people, I would go for:
1. Megaman
2. Bomberman
3. Pacman
4. Alucard OR a major Belmont
5. Sonic*

*I don't really like Sonic, however, I feel that as far as 3rd party people are concerned, he kind of deserves in. I would much rather see the other four in than him.

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
Hello and welcome to the forums, I hope you have a good time here. I would like to inform you that the infamous 1UP "IC YL and G&W" being cut rumor is a load of bull and was proven false months ago, meaning they all still have a chance to return. Here's hoping for IC and G&W
Well that's good then, Ice Climbers should stay for their origionality and nostalgia, if nothing else. As for G&W, I couldn't care less, I've never known anyone to use him well in my area. And young link could still come back as his "Celda" incarnation, because i think it's a very likely thing.
As for Bowser Jr., Ridley, and Celda Link not being confirmed... Ah well, one can always hope.:chuckle:
And thanks:)

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Only two people matter to me right now in getting into Brawl: Lucario and Sonic.

Although there's quite a bit of sentiment that most of the new Pokemon are lame (in which I disagree), you can't argue the fact that a) Lucario's being pimped out for this generation, and b)Lucario's design is both badass and Brawl worthy.

As for Sonic... too many other people have said what I'd want to say on the matter. Wanted since 1991, would fit perfectly, thousands of references from Shiggy, etc...

But as far as 35 characters go, I'd like roughly 11 of them to be new. Other than that I'm just fine with whatever final roster is made--provided that the two I said get in.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
i hope that falco is cut though, just put someone better in, please

and ICs are way to gay, i can't believe that there is a character with .... well two of them, they are bad enough w/o items, and if you play with items *i do, not all the time* they are just unbearable. because there is no advantage like out numbering.

but new chars i hope for return of cast but clones, mewtwo, G&W, and ICs

revamp peach too, not better cause she doesn't need that, but hopefully some cool elements from her solo game would be tight.

and some third party quality.

Megaman
Simon Belmont
Ryu *street fighter*
Sonic
Cloud Strife *haha sike, thatd be lame*

and just as long as it's good and different i will get over it

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Mario
Luigi
DK
Link
Samus
Captain Falcon
Ness
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pit
MetaKnight
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Snake
Marth(Has gained american and japanese popularity)
Peach(Plays an important in Mario games)
Bowser(Plays another important in Mario games)
Zelda/Sheik(Both Popular characters,and play important rolls,it's just alittle iffy with sheik)
Falco
Ganondorf

I'm redoing my list for personal referance purposes.

1. Midna on Wolf Link.
2. Krystal
3. Hector
4. Ephraim
5. Lyn
6. Diddy Kong
7. Sonic
8. Megaman
9. Isaac
10. Wolf
11. An Advance Wars Character(I'd like Sami as she is a footsoldier.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Can I get a mod to come in here and stop people from posting their freaking lists? The only excuse for posting a list would be do demonstrate that an acceptable roster can be made with your proposed number of characters.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Can I get a mod to come in here and stop people from posting their freaking lists? The only excuse for posting a list would be do demonstrate that an acceptable roster can be made with your proposed number of characters.
The thread's been going on for a while, with everyone posting their lists. It hasn't been closed, because that's what this thread is for. Stop complaining.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Why is there so much sudden hatred and wanting to remove Falco? Personally I think he is a powered up Fox, like Ganondorf is to Falcon. He is a secret two, so I would hope they keep him.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
well the only reason why i dont like falco is cause i go to private team turnys and i use fox and our teams rival is falco. y? i dont know it just is. i dont think there would be such a big rivalry if falco had his own moves

Could YOU shut up and leave my topic?So what if everyone is posting a list,that's the point,to share opinions.

If you don't like it,then take your blatant anger else where.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
ya if there are a bunch of people posting lists of chars. they want in brawl then there is a GOOD chance that this thread is about that

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Could YOU shut up and leave my topic?So what if everyone is posting a list,that's the point,to share opinions.

If you don't like it,then take your blatant anger else where.
Okay, I admit my anger was unwarranted, and I must have incorrectly divined your intention in making this thread. This is stemming from the fact that some of my threads have been closed for redundancy, such as one proposing a debate on the nature of Miis inclusion being considerd redundant to one rallying suppor for a playable Mii (only one of the options in my thread); while a thread abut "which of Samus' Rivals should be in' is thriving after my thread "If one of The other hunters from Metroid Prime HAD to be in" reached five pages.

Also, I really liked this thread for most of it. I am very interested in how many characters you guys think the roster should include. som said fifty, some say 100, and I maintain that if we could agree on 30, then no more should be included. People wote in complete sentences about their ideas on appropriate roster size.

Recently, though, it degenerated into a bunch of people posting lists without any explanation, prompting no debate, and often the lists were very similar to previously proposed lists. I have been eagerly clicking on this thread, hoping the old debate would continue for a few pages, but to no avail.

May I remind you guys that Fliptroopa made a very successful thread where people could post their rosters? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=75460&highlight=argue+final+roster

I apologize for getting angry and offending people, buthalf this forum has become posting lists, but there are scant few threads discussing proper roster size.

Okay, I admit my anger was unwarranted, and I must have incorrectly divined your intention in making this thread. This is stemming from the fact that some of my threads have been closed for redundancy, such as one proposing a debate on the nature of Miis inclusion being considerd redundant to one rallying suppor for a playable Mii (only one of the options in my thread); while a thread abut "which of Samus' Rivals should be in' is thriving after my thread "If one of The other hunters from Metroid Prime HAD to be in" reached five pages.

Also, I really liked this thread for most of it. I am very interested in how many characters you guys think the roster should include. som said fifty, some say 100, and I maintain that if we could agree on 30, then no more should be included. People wote in complete sentences about their ideas on appropriate roster size.

Recently, though, it degenerated into a bunch of people posting lists without any explanation, prompting no debate, and often the lists were very similar to previously proposed lists. I have been eagerly clicking on this thread, hoping the old debate would continue for a few pages, but to no avail.

May I remind you guys that Fliptroopa made a very successful thread where people could post their rosters? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=75460&highlight=argue+final+roster

I apologize for getting angry and offending people, buthalf this forum has become posting lists, but there are scant few threads discussing proper roster size.
No problem.But the ironic thing about it is that i(Still)didn't make a character list.There are so many that i can't decide.=P

Top Bottom