• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 3 Miis, Palutena, amiibo, Pacman, G&W Post Invitational

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I love Palutena. And being objective: Kid Icarus did deserve a 2nd rep. Uprising is a million copy seller. The game had legs and lots of interest behind it. Plus, to see another female character in the roster which was mostly dominated by males is a great thing.

SuperDS64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDS64
3DS FC
1676-3810-3884
While I understand the dislike with Miis and custom moves in comp., I don't see why they should be flat out banned. Isn't there a default move setting for each Mii type (assuming you can chose your Mii Type visually on the CSS), where same goes for all other characters' moves?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Like (:4bowser:)
how (:4yoshi:)
everyone (:4samus:)
uses (:ganondorf:)
Marth (:jigglypuff:)
and (:popo:)
Fox (:4pikachu:)
in (:4peach:)
Melee (:falcon:)
Notice how I didn't mention characters at all. (:4sheik:) (:drmario:) Yes, I know about competitive Melee.

Think more along the lines of competitive Pokemon for custom moves. Every pokemon can have a ton of different moves. The Pokemon that are used the most are the ones with good moves. (of course theres more to good pokemon than their moveset but its still an important part) If a Pokemon can't learn good moves than its not good so no one uses them competitively. My favorite pokemon team is Sceptile, Swellow, Torkoal, Rayquaza, Lanturn, and Metagross. All of those pokemon suck and no one uses them competitively. Except Rayquaza and maybe Metagross idk. I didn't know much about competitive pokemon when I made that team. I was a low level player. I still am haha. My X and Y team is Chesnaught, Florges, Dragalge, Aurorus, Charizard, and Mewtwo. That is not a good team. Those pokemon can't learn good moves (other than Mewtwo and Charizard) and they aren't strong enough. If I cared about being a good competitive player I'd look online and find out what pokemon are the best. Then I'd figure out what their best moves are and I'd use them. (of course theres breeding and iv training but you can't really do that in smash :p) So if I figure out what the best moves are I'm not going to want to use poor moves like leer and pound. If I figure out the best moves I will win. If I figure out what the best custom moves are in smash I won't use the inferior ones.

Last edited:

Jarelo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarelo
While I understand the dislike with Miis and custom moves in comp., I don't see why they should be flat out banned. Isn't there a default move setting for each Mii type (assuming you can chose your Mii Type visually on the CSS), where same goes for all other characters' moves?
Maybe Mii weight and speed will be affected by how you made the Mii to begin with, like how they work in Mario Kart. That would lead to an unpredictability factor.

SuperDS64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDS64
3DS FC
1676-3810-3884
Maybe Mii weight and speed will be affected by how you made the Mii to begin with, like how they work in Mario Kart. That would lead to an unpredictability factor.
I really don't know how people are getting this. In the Smash portion of E3, all of the Miis are the same size.

Jarelo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarelo
I really don't know how people are getting this. In the Smash portion of E3, all of the Miis are the same size.
I didn't really notice. I was just saying that it may be a possibility, given that Miis have had that characteristic in Mario Kart games.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I'll be completely honest. When Pac-Man got revealed, I immediately thought of not buying Smash 4. His reveal was way too much of a disappointment for me. I actually WOULD have put my money in Tomodachi Life instead of Smash, if it weren't for the reveal of Palutena.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't see what is with all the dissapointment in this game. If anything, I'm hyped. I guess I'm just used to Brawl's floaty physics. (Though I do play Project M sometimes)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I honestly don't see what is with all the dissapointment in this game. If anything, I'm hyped. I guess I'm just used to Brawl's floaty physics. (Though I do play Project M sometimes)
Because a lot of people are just never satisfied.

Top Bottom