• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2v1 help

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
I'm not sure how much of this you guys play; that said I spent many a days playing melee this way with marth or something.

Fast forward to now, it's much harder to go 2v1. Ontop of maining Sonic, it seems like he'd be one of the most viable characters to play for this format, what with trying to keep the teammates apart so you could basically turn it into a hazardous 1v1. I'm having some trouble though.

Any advice/tactics for 2v1?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Depends on your opponents. If both of them are going aggro on you, then you can go Jackie Chan style and have them hit each other while you do some kinda dodge lol.

If one of them is camping projectiles, then try to knock one guy into it.

Either way, try to keep them together.

If you end up going 1v1 with one guy standing in the back camping for a 'weak moment' kill on you, it's probably the worse situation to be in. I usually try to hit the further/campier person and try to get them into the fray.

`.`; then again, I don't play many team games, so I could be doing stupid stuff but getting away with it cause I'm cool like that.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im in this situation alot, and this is what works for me

SD A LOT

and usually they turn it into a 1 on one with one guy in the back. so i spend about 70% of my time going after the guy in the back. but hit the guy in front just to keep them on their toes

So, Spindash alot and hit the guy in the back, it works for me

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
Aim for the guy in back ... ok.
When you say SD alot, do you think it gets to spam-level, or maybe a bit less than that?

Any ATs that seem to work really well (spinshot over the near guy to get to the far guy maybe)?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
nope, pretty much spam the hell out out regular and airial down b
the first guy is usually going to block which gives you free range to roll across the stage and hit the other guy...
and than, just when you think theyve caught on to what you were doing, do something completely different... like run up to them and f-smash

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Seriously. In 2v1 Spindashing alot is recommended. I wouldn't recommend spinshot because you can be hit out of it more easily and you don't wanna take such chances(unelss for evasion). Grounded Spindash is the awesome. SideB invincibility frames if you need to pass through a large powerful projectile.

Sonic is the character for 2v1s, IMO.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
Sonic against two people; Sonic vs one person should be relatively straightforward I'd assume.

Edit: that video is epic win. Was friendly fire turned on or something?

Top Bottom