• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media 2GG: Prime Saga Discussion Thread

Iridium

Smash Hero
Singles: https://smash.gg/tournament/2gg-prime-saga-1/events/ultimate-singles/brackets

Doubles: https://smash.gg/tournament/2gg-prime-saga-1/events/ultimate-doubles/brackets

Streams: https://www.twitch.tv/2ggaming
https://www.twitch.tv/btssmash

Schedule: https://mobile.twitter.com/2GGaming/status/1116786843473928192

Prime Saga officially starts tomorrow, so here is a thread for that. Top players include:

MkLeo :ultike::ultwolf:
Tweek :ultwolf::ultwario:(:ultyounglink::ultridley:)
Light :ultfox:
Marss :ultzss:
Samsora :ultpeach:
Dabuz :ultolimar::ultpalutena:
Nairo :ultpalutena:
VoiD :ultpichu:
zackray :ultwolf::ultwario:
Shuton :ultolimar:(:ultrichter:)
Glutonny :ultwario:
Myran :ultolimar:
Salem :ultsnake::ultlink:
Ally :ultsnake:
T :ultlink::ultyounglink::ultroy:
Tea :ultpacman:
Zaki :ultkingdedede:
YB :ultdarksamus:
Mr. R :ultchrom:(:ultyounglink::ultroy:)
WaDi :ultrob:
Pandarian :ultpokemontrainer:
Nicko :ultshulk:
Larry Lurr :ultfox::ultwolf:
Stroder :ultgreninja:
Mr E :ultlucina:
Captain Zack :ultbayonetta1::ultpeach:
Eon :ultfox:
Captain L :ultpikachu::ultpichu:
Leffen :ultroy:
Zenyou :ultmario:
Elegant :ultluigi:
K9sbruce :ultwolf:
Charliedaking :ultfox::ultwolf:
BestNess :ultness:
Trela :ultridley:
Prodigy :ultmario:

And many more. This is a stacked one.

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Unless MKLeo has changed his mind: can probably expect him to pull out Greninja and Marth at some point. And of course Lucina as always. Not sure if he's actually keeping Wolf on his list or not.

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Oh my; quite an upset just occurred with Cookiesslayer (:ultyounglink:) knocking Gluttony (:ultwario:) into losers (2-1).

Gluttony choked up a bit in the end with the bomb he was holding onto gimping his recovery. XP

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
And our next upset: Shoe :ultzss: 2-1 Captain L :ultpichu::ultpikachu:. I can see why ZSS has it somewhat tough against Pichu, with precise hitboxes that do not always reach it, but Shoe played a lot more confidently during game 3.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
A treat for any TX fans or people that live in TX but don't go to events and primarily stay online.
Megafox finally traveled out of state and is at Prime Saga, along with more names like Trela Razer Ismon Zael Gidy etc.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Quik :ultsamus: 2-1 Salem :ultsnake: In one really great set that was back-and-forth the enitre time

I dont want to jinx and invoke the curse..but so far Metroid rep is looking very solid right now

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
The one upset I called before the event even started just happened.

YB :ultdarksamus: 2-0 WaDi :ultrob: to make top 128 winners side.

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Another upset: Lumbre :ultness: beats out Lui$ :ultdoc::ultfox: (2-1)

Kind of sucks to Lui$ get sent to Loser's so quickly, but it looks like he's bouncing back.

WaDi feels like such a wildcard; there are time he does really well, then other times where he slips up; perhaps he can bounce back in Losers.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Mudomo :ultpichu: beats CaptainZack :ultpeach: 2-1 to knock Zack into Losers early on. Ironic that Zack also taunted in Game 3...

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Mudomo :ultpichu: beats CaptainZack :ultpeach: 2-1 to knock Zack into Losers early on. Ironic that Zack also taunted in Game 3...
The taunt to get bodied combo continues to haunt CaptainZack.

Entering this tournament, I was wondering how this Japanese WiFi legend is going to fare in this tournament. Looking good so far for him. Metroid reps are doing pretty well right now. Locus did, however, got sent to loser's by S2H, and Trela hasn't gone up yet.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Uh, varun :ultwiifittrainer: 2-0 Trela :ultridley:, sending him to losers quite early. He needs to make a losers run to have a chance now.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Well it aint Metriod related but

Zaki :ultkingdedede: 2-0 Leffen :ultpichu:

D3 just continues to mystify me in this game.

Last edited:

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
varun was also giving T's :ultyounglink: a really hard time and forced him to switch to :ultlink: to perform a reversal on him; his :ultwiifittrainer:'s really something else.

Looks like Zaki's on his way to top 128; he's really giving :ultkingdedede: a good name. Same for Nicko, who also got into top 128.

Last edited:

Gearkeeper-8a

Smash Apprentice
Month ago i said that top players with character crisis or that don't practique matchups would start losing steam, in previous games top tier characters could destroy mid tiers or low tiers with relative easy, in ultimate mid tiers or low tiers can do serious work, MU knowledge is very important in this game.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Uh, varun :ultwiifittrainer: 2-0 Trela :ultridley:, sending him to losers quite early. He needs to make a losers run to have a chance now.
That would mean that either Elegant or Trela is guaranteed to be knocked out at 49th place. Unfortunate turn of events, as I want both of them to proceed further. Oh well....

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Yeah this is what I feared about the Ridleys, despite having some excellent players
On the flip side we have some Samus/Dark Samus players doing very well

Last edited:

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
That would mean that either Elegant or Trela is guaranteed to be knocked out at 49th place. Unfortunate turn of events, as I want both of them to proceed further. Oh well....
Yeah; and if it was Stroder who got eliminated, he would've been the one to go up against Trela. As sucky as it is, there was a lot of big names for this event, so it was inevitable to see one get knocked out early.

EDIT: Yikes, today is not :ultmario:'s day, is it? First Zenyou drops out, MastaMario gets eliminated during pools, and now, Prodigy gets taken out by Banana Boy 2-0; at least Ten and Rice are in top 128, but jeez.

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
I've the say the biggest upsets were the stream blackouts. That happened so often that it looked unnatural. That shouldn't happen more than one, maybe two times.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Top 128 at Prime Saga:

Winners:
MkLeo :ultwolf: vs. Juice :ultzss:
Mr. R :ultroy::ultinkling: vs. Mudomo :ultpichu:
VoiD :ultpichu: vs. ZAKI :ultkingdedede:
zackray :ultwolf: vs. Nicko :ultshulk:
Marss :ultzss: vs. T :ultlink::ultyounglink:
Myran :ultolimar: vs. Ally :ultsnake:
Samsora :ultpeach: vs. Shoe :ultzss:
ESAM :ultpikachu: vs. Stroder :ultgreninja:

Losers:
Elegant :ultluigi: vs. the winner of HLB :ultdk::ultjigglypuff:/Ki :ultsnake:
Brandon :ultincineroar: vs. the winner of Trela :ultridley:/Daybreak :ultwolf:
Captain L :ultpikachu::ultpichu: vs. the winner of Rice :ultmario:/Ketchup :ultbowserjr:
Taiwanman0610 :ultlucina: vs. the winner of Lui$ :ultdoc::ultfox:/Vorst :ultsamus:
SlayerZ :ultpeach: vs. the winner of Stryker :ultbowser:/Spoof :ultlucas:
zael :ultpokemontrainerf: vs. the winner of YMCA :ultdk:/Vintendo :ultduckhunt:
varun :ultwiifittrainer: vs. the winner of BBW :ultlucina:/Angis (?)
Heavy :ultsnake: vs. the winner of Ike Tyson :ultike:/Kobazco :ultlucas:
Ismon :ultwario::ultfalco: vs. the winner of chase :ultpalutena:/Silverfox :ultpokemontrainer:
ven :ultzelda: vs. the winner of Houston :ultwiifittrainer:/Karna :ultlucina::ultwolf:
Leffen :ultpichu: vs. the winner of Debo :ultness:/KiraFlax :ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrob:
Megafox :ultfox: vs. Ako :ultlucina:/Ninry :ultlucina:
CaptainZack :ultpeach: vs. the winner of Dynomyte :ultyoshi:/SweetT :ultpokemontrainer:
Armando :ultsnake: vs. the winner of Jumpsteady :ultzss::ultpalutena:/Rmoney :ultkingdedede:
Lumbre :ultness: vs. the winner of Arrow :ultlink:/Afro Smash :ultsamus:
Cyro :ultroy: vs. the winner of BestNess :ultness:/Gidy :ultroy:

Winners:
Tweek :ultwolf::ultyounglink: vs. K9sbruce :ultwolf:
quiK :ultsamus: vs. Tea :ultpacman:
Dabuz :ultolimar: vs. Legit :ultdiddy:
cookieslayer :ultyounglink: vs. Mr E :ultlucina:
Light :ultfox: vs. Magister :ultincineroar:
YB :ultdarksamus: vs. Larry Lurr :ultwolf::ultfox:
Nairo :ultpalutena::ultzss: vs. Eon :ultfox:
Shuton :ultolimar: vs. Charliedaking :ultwolf:

Losers:
Pandarian :ultpokemontrainer: vs. the winner of Paper :ultgnw:/Leaf FC :ultfalcon:
Slither2Hunter :ultmetaknight: vs. the winner of Klaatu :ultolimar:/Rafi :ultbowser:
Z :ultpikachu: vs. the winner of VaLoR :ultsonic:/ T3 DOME :ultrichter:
Glutonny :ultwario: vs. the winner of Prodigy :ultmario:/Ultimate Razer :ultsnake:
Circuit :ultsonic: vs. the winner of Locus :ultridley:/Ribs :ultness:
TLTC :ultpalutena: vs. the winner of Javi :ultlink::ultlucina:/Khan :ultganondorf:
Brosinex :ultken: vs. the winner of OverLade :ultridley:/Swamp :ultkingdedede:
Salem :ultsnake: vs. the winner of ImHip :ultolimar::ultduckhunt:/King Koopa :ultbowser:
Jakamu :ultzss: vs. the winner of Jonny Westside :ultsnake:/TotesMaGotes :ultpacman:
Teb :ultmario: vs. the winner of Ez :ultrob:/SDS :ultwario:
SM :ultike: vs. the winner of SexyBeast420 :ultness:/PoisonHealth :ultlucas:
Sparg0 :ultwolf: vs. the winner of JEFFsoBOMB :ultzss:/K27 :ultwario:
Akashic :ultgreninja: vs. the winner of sitani :ultsamus:/Wormy :ultyounglink:
AvoiD :ultsnake: vs. the winner of Nobu :ultmegaman::ultrichter:/PiXL :ultbowserjr:
Banana Boy :ultyoshi: vs. the winner of Pain :ultzss:/Sharp :ultwolf:
WaDi :ultrob: vs. the winner of PSIguy :ultness:/Snaggletooth :ultlucas:

Losers side is looking like a death trap now.

Last edited:

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Dang, even Sparg0 uses :ultwolf:now? Yikes, poor :ultcloud:.

Still, though, great to 2 Samuses in the top 128; hoping for Paper to pull through with :ultgnw:, though Pandarian and Leaf are no easy challengers.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Dang, even Sparg0 uses :ultwolf:now? Yikes, poor :ultcloud:.

Still, though, great to 2 Samuses in the top 128; hoping for Paper to pull through with :ultgnw:, though Pandarian and Leaf are no easy challengers.
Not sure he dropped Cloud. He just uses a few different characters, including Wolf. As for Samus mains, you main 4 (5 with YB), right? YB/quiK in winners, with 3 in losers.

I do have to say, poor Prodigy. If he beats Ultimate Razer, he gets Glutonny for all of his troubles right after.

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Not sure he dropped Cloud. He just uses a few different characters, including Wolf. As for Samus mains, you main 4 (5 with YB), right? YB/quiK in winners, with 3 in losers.

I do have to say, poor Prodigy. If he beats Ultimate Razer, he gets Glutonny for all of his troubles right after.
Ah. I wasn't too sure, I wasn't able to watch Sparg0 play unfortunately XP Still gonna support him tho, the dude's crazy talented and I heard he performed well against Shuton.

Ah yeah, my bad, I must've missed the Samuses in Losers.

I feel bad for Prodigy, but truth be told, he did mess up pretty badly against Banana Boy. He wasn't respecting Yoshi's NAir enough, and he started getting really desperate for his kills with his USmash. It's certainly possible that he can get past both Gluttony and Ultimate Razor, he's performed exceptionally well in the past before, particularly at Genesis 6.

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Doesn't look that good for the only Zelda as well. Both of the following opponents with Houston and Karna use characters (:ultwiifittrainer: or :ultlucina::ultwolf:) that she kinda struggles. Hopefully ven can pull this through. Kinda excited for that, though.

Iridium

Smash Hero
MkLeo :ultmarth: 3-0 Juice :ultzss: to start off top 128. He stuck to his word about using Marth, and his performance became more dominant each game.

Mr. R :ultchrom::ultinkling: 3-2 Mudomo :ultpichu: to move on as well. Chrom really started to work for him by game 5.

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Geez that first game in Zaki vs Void was a massacre. Come on Zaki!

EDIT Aww, Well amazing play from Zaki . Took Void to game 5

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Brandon :ultincineroar: 2-1 Trela :ultridley: in losers to eliminate him at 65th. Two unfortunate upsets against him.

ven :ultzelda: 2-0 Karna :ultwolf::ultlucina:, and is now guaranteed 49th at least.

Ki :ultsnake: 2-1 Elegant :ultluigi: for 65th.

Stryker :ultbowser: 2-0 SlayerZ :ultpeach: for 65th as well.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Void :ultpichu: takes it 3-2 against Zaki :ultkingdedede:

This was a very close and tense match! I was hoping to see Zaki win.

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
Void :ultpichu: takes it 3-2 against Zaki :ultkingdedede:

This was a very close and tense match! I was hoping to see Zaki win.
Please Buff Dedede. As for Pichu, the character is ridiculous. I hope to see more underrated characters get far in this tourney.

Iridium

Smash Hero
ven :ultzelda: 3-1 Ismon :ultwario: in losers, and is guaranteed a top 48 placement at the very least.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Was this match recorded? I'd love to have another high level incineroar to study from.
Unfortunately, the losers matches were not streamed. I think losers top 32 qualifiers will be, though.

Aside from that, ZAKI :ultkingdedede: 3-0 Lui$ :ultdoc::ultfox: (who beat Captain L 3-2 for 49th) in order to make top 32 losers side.

And T :ultlink::ultyounglink: 3-2 Marss :ultzss: with a pretty huge upset.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
This is a bad day for ZSS mains.

Heavy :ultsnake: 3-1 Juice :ultzss:, and Megafox :ultfox: 3-2 Shoe :ultzss:, both to eliminate them at 33rd.

ImHip :ultolimar: 2-1 Salem :ultsnake: for 65th. Glutonny :ultwario: beat Prodigy :ultmario: 2-1 to do the same.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
ImHip :ultolimar: 2-1 Salem :ultsnake: for 65th. Glutonny :ultwario: beat Prodigy :ultmario: 2-1 to do the same.

Edit: Accidental double post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom