• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media 2GG: Prime Saga Discussion Thread

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Tweek:ultwolf::ultyounglink: ends ven's:ultzelda: run at 17th place, in a 3-0 victory.

Edit: Nicko:ultshulk: 3-1 Larry Lurr:ultfox::ultfalco:, eliminating him at 17th place.
Edit 2: Nairo:ultpalutena: 3-0 Stryker:ultbowser:, eliminating him at 17th place.
Happy to see that Ven did well with her but I think people won't think any better of her, still.
Tweek is just a monster, though. Currently playing Mr. E and we'll see if he can make a comeback from losers.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Happy to see that Ven did well with her but I think people won't think any better of her, still.
Tweek is just a monster, though. Currently playing Mr. E and we'll see if he can make a comeback from losers.
Tweek just disposed of Mr E 3-0 to move on to top 8 qualifiers.

Tea :ultpacman: 3-0 Dabuz :ultolimar::ultrosalina:
Seems like Dabuz's Pac-Man problem continues to bite him hard. Also, Pac-Man in top 8 winner's. Nice!

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
MkLeo :ultwolf: 3-0 YB :ultdarksamus:
Relatively close games, but YB is out at 13th and the saga curse continues!

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
MkLeo:ultwolf: 3-0 YB:ultdarksamus:

Amazing performance by Samus in general in this tournament. Definitely going to put Samus in people's minds for a while. The saga curse continues.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
MkLeo:ultwolf: 3-0 YB:ultdarksamus:

Amazing performance by Samus in general in this tournament. Definitely going to put Samus in people's minds for a while. The saga curse continues.

I think Samus's success may be overshadowed by Tea... A Pac-Man is on top-8 winners side at a supermajor. I think that is going to be on everyones mind for a while, and who knows how far Tea can go today.

Last edited:

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Very good placing for Shulk. I like how this happened as we were talking about Shulk to the ends of the Earth in the competitive discussion thread prior to this. lol
Indeed XD Admittedly, even though I'm not completely sold on him still, I am a bit more optimistic about Shulk now after Nicko placed so well with him. He also took out Larry Lurr, so he had some stiff competition.

I hope people do think better of Ven. Then again, Maister defeated ESAM and MVD and people still see G&W as a low tier character, so people will always think of certain characters as low tiers even if people perform well with them, unless their name is Shulk.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Not related to Prime Saga, but a decently sized Japan tournament called Umebura SP 3 has gone underway. Here is the results (and yes, Cosmos and NAKAT did come to this tourney):

1st: Nietono:ultpichu:
2nd: Kameme:ultmegaman::ultwario:
3rd: KEN:ultsonic:
4th: ProtoBanham:ultlucina::ultinkling:
5th: Lea:ultgreninja:
5th: Abadango:ultinkling::ultmetaknight:
7th: Cosmos:ultinkling:
7th: Choco:ultzss:
9th: JILL:ultfox:
9th: Umeki:ultdaisy:
9th: Raito:ultduckhunt::ultlucina:
9th: HIKARU:ultdk::ultpokemontrainer:
13th: Etsuiji:ultlucina:
13th: Rotsuku:ultyoshi:
13th: Tsu:ultlucario:
13th: NAKAT:ultpichu:

Notable Players Knocked out Earlier:
17th: Atelier (Towa):ultwolf:
17th: Paseriman:ultfox:
17th: Gackt:ultness:
17th: Kuro:ultzss:
25th: YOC:ultcloud::ultsheik:
25th: Kome:ultshulk:
25th: Kishiru:ultpikachu:
25th: kept:ultvillager:
25th: RAIN:ultwolf:
33rd: Sigma:ulttoonlink:
33rd: shky:ultzss:
33rd: Brood:ultpiranha:
33rd: Shogun:ultsnake::ultfox:
33rd: Kisha:ultsnake::ultbowser::ultmegaman:

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Nairo :ultpalutena: takes out Samsora :ultpeach::ultdaisy: 3-1 with a spectacular showcase of Palutena’s edgeguarding game and movement in general. He also used :ultganondorf: in the first game but sadly that didn’t last long against Samsora. Samsora is out at 9th.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Nairo :ultpalutena::ultganondorf: 3-1 Samsora :ultpeach::ultdaisy:

Smart of Nairo to change Ganon immediately, Peach is a terrible match up for the king of darkness..

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Nairo :ultpalutena::ultganondorf: 3-1 Samsora :ultpeach::ultdaisy:

Smart of Nairo to change Ganon immediately, Peach is a terrible match up for the king of darkness..
Odd, he always seemed to do well against Samsora with :ultganondorf: in non-tournament stuff; perhaps Samsora was able to adapt to it.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Light :ultfox: won 3-2 against Glutonny :ultwario:
What a shame, I wanted Glutonny to reach the top 8.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Nairo :ultpalutena: 3-1 Tweek :ultwario::ultyounglink:.

Palutena is not that good.. Nairo is just an amazing player. Palu is being carried by him just like he did ZSS in Smash 4 right? Ahahahahahah.

I juat dont want Palu nerfed TOO badly. She is finally good now after being complete trash in Smash 4. Do not take it away whoever is in charge of balancing this game.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Shuton :ultolimar: won 3-2 against Tea :ultpacman:

This was a very tight and tense match. Tea did really good and I'm glad to see a Pac-Man player do this well at the top 8.

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Really hoping for Tea to make it back, you don't know how excited I am to see a Pac-Man in top 8 in a tournament as grand as this >w<

Nairo :ultpalutena: 3-1 Tweek :ultwario::ultyounglink:.

Palutena is not that good.. Nairo is just an amazing player. Palu is being carried by him just like he did ZSS in Smash 4 right? Ahahahahahah.

I juat dont want Palu nerfed TOO badly. She is finally good now after being complete trash in Smash 4. Do not take it away whoever is in charge of balancing this game.
If they do plan to nerf Palutena, they will most likely nerf some of the other perceived top tiers (:ultolimar:, :ultfox:, :ultwolf:, etc.), though it does look like they will be conservative about their nerfs.

EDIT: Zackray takes out Ally!!

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
What the heck was the ending to Ally vs Zackray? Spaghetti everywhere!

Anyways, Zackray:ultwolf: 3-1 Ally:ultsnake:.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Ally chocked hard during the last stock. I have no idea what went though his head.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Nairo:ultpalutena: 3-0 Tea:ultpacman: to eliminate him at 5th place. Edit: Wow, KirbySquad and I posted similar posts at literally the same time. lol

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Snake is one polairizing top/high tier character. He have very few characters he staight loses too, but he REALLY seems to lose against them

Last edited:

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Nairo:ultpalutena: 3-0 Tea:ultpacman: to eliminate him at 5th place. Edit: Wow, KirbySquad and I posted similar posts at literally the same time. lol
Haha, we did, didn't we? XD

But yeah, as bummed out as I am to see Tea out, Nairo performed exceptionally well that set.

EDIT: Yikes, looks like Nairo's Ganondorf couldn't do much against Light either; it looks like these players have become a lot more accustomed to Ganondorf's scare factor and are challenging his buttons much more.

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Nairo's Cloud looked pretty underwhelming. Don't know, the match with Palu looked less one-sided than the one with Cloud even if both matches went to last stock...

Last edited:

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Nairo's Cloud looked pretty underwhelming. Don't know, the match with Palu looked less one-sided than the one with Cloud even if both matches went to last stock...
To be fair, he managed to bring him to his last stock and got him at 70%, which was a lot better than his Ganondorf, who seemed like a glorified punching bag for Fox lol

With some fine tuning, I could see Nairo possibly using him as an effective pocket character.

TBJosh

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6720-0325-9812
That last match was wild, I didn't realize Olimar in the right hands could completely body someone. Also that clip of the edgeguarding is actually insane.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
2GG: Prime Saga Singles

1st: Shuton:ultolimar:
2nd: Zackray:ultwolf::ultlucina::ultwario:
3rd: Light:ultfox:
4th: Nairo:ultpalutena::ultzss:
5th: Ally:ultsnake:
5th: Tea:ultpacman:
7th: MkLeo:ultwolf::ultmarth:
7th: Tweek:ultwolf::ultyounglink::ultwario:
9th: Glutonny:ultwario:
9th: Dabuz:ultolimar:
9th: Mr.R:ultinkling::ultchrom::ultsnake::ultroy:
9th: Samsora:ultpeach:
13th: YB:ultdarksamus:
13th: Mr E:ultlucina:
13th: Nicko:ultshulk:
13th: Stroder:ultgreninja::ultmario:
17th: Larry Lurr:ultfox::ultwolf::ultfalco:
17th: Stryker:ultbowser:
17th: ven:ultzelda:
17th: Teb:ultmario:
17th: T:ultlink::ultyounglink:
17th: Myran:ultolimar:
17th: quiK:ultsamus::ultzss:
17th: VoiD:ultpichu:

Other Notable Placements:
25th: Sparg0:ultcloud:
25th: cookieslayer (Zan):ultyounglink:
25th: WaDi:ultrob:
25th: ImHip:ultolimar::ultduckhunt:
25th: ZAKI:ultkingdedede:
25th: Megafox:ultfox::ultsnake:
25th: Marss:ultzss:
33rd: Charliedaking:ultwolf:
33rd: Eon:ultfox::ultpichu:
33rd: Pandarian:ultpokemontrainer:
33rd: Legit:ultdiddy:
33rd: Javi:ultlucina::ultsheik:
33rd: K9sbruce:ultwolf:
33rd: Magister:ultincineroar:
33rd: ESAM:ultpikachu:
33rd: BestNess:ultness:
33rd: Shoe:ultzss:
33rd: Juice:ultzss:
33rd: Lui$:ultfox::ultroy::ultdoc:
33rd: CaptainZack:ultdaisy::ultpeach:
49th: VaLoR:ultinkling:
49th: Klaatu (Soulimar):ultolimar:
49th: Captain L:ultpikachu::ultpichu:
49th: Leffen:ultpichu::ultroy:
49th: Armando (AC):ultsnake:
65th: PiXL (He claims that he plays "Bowjow". Bowser Jr.?)
65th: S2H:ultmetaknight:
65th: Salem:ultsnake:
65th: Brosinex:ultken:
65th: TLTC:ultpalutena:
65th: SM:ultike:
65th: Elegant:ultluigi:
65th: SlayerZ:ultpeach:
65th: Karna:ultwolf::ultinkling::ultsheik::ultlucina:
65th: Trela:ultridley:
65th: Paper:ultgnw:
65th: Z:ultpikachu:
65th: Locus:ultridley::ultdoc:

This has been a crazy tournament with a lot of upsets occurring, and a lot of high caliber players (most notably Salem, Trela, and Elegant) being knocked out at 65th place.

For the saga curse, here is the highest placing for each one:
:ultsamus::ultdarksamus: YB (13th place)
:ultzss: Marss (25th place)
:ultridley: OverLade (49th place)

This is pretty big tournament for Samus players, not only their high placements and taking out high caliber players, but also outplacing the generally considered superior ZSS players.

Ridley did okay-ish, but definitely did not make much of an impact in comparison to the other Metroid reps. Trela got double upsetted early, and became one of the numerous high caliber players to fall at 65th, which is surprising considering how dominant he is in every local he participates in. Considering how long ago Trela went to a major event, I guess it is kind of to be expected. Oh well... can't wait to see what he will do in the future.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Shuton is a Top 10 player in the world free after this tournament, as well as easily being the best Olimar. Great job on him overcoming Zackray to win the entire thing.

Can’t say this will help boost the community’s perception of Oli though, we already complain about him being broken enough! ;)

Top Bottom