• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2B Automatizes!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yes...slowly but surely, our numbers grow.

I'm with you, man. I've said it time and time again - the reason I want 2B in Smash is because NieR Automata is my favorite game I've ever played. I want the greatest game to be represented in the greatest gaming crossover. Simple as that.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Assuming that it isn't apart of her moveset, I'm hoping that the hologram fishing chair is a taunt. Speaking of taunts, if one of her taunts is borrowed from A2 (whose gameplay involved taunting), that'd be cool. Especially since A2 is more or less a prototype of 2B's model (and it'll kinda reference the time they spent together during the memory transfer).

But yes, Nier Automata is a very great game overall. 2B in Smash would be a dream come true (she's ton of fun in Soul Calibur; she's the main reason I bought the game, let alone the season pass). On a related note, Astral Chain is shaping up to be an equally delightful experience (words cannot describe my hype for it so far; here's hoping the music is good).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Assuming that it isn't apart of her moveset, I'm hoping that the hologram fishing chair is a taunt. Speaking of taunts, if one of her taunts is borrowed from A2 (whose gameplay involved taunting), that'd be cool. Especially since A2 is more or less a prototype of 2B's model (and it'll kinda reference the time they spent together during the memory transfer).

But yes, Nier Automata is a very great game overall. 2B in Smash would be a dream come true (she's ton of fun in Soul Calibur; she's the main reason I bought the game, let alone the season pass). On a related note, Astral Chain is shaping up to be an equally delightful experience (words cannot describe my hype for it so far; here's hoping the music is good).
I personally think fishing would work great as a victory animation as she cooly sits down and crosses her arms to the camera.

NineS

Smash Lord

taro.png

Look at this image. This beautiful image.
Ah, it gives me hope. Sakurai having played and finished every NieR and Drakengard game, just as he's played plenty of Persona and Shin Megami Tensei games. The friendship and mutual respect these two have grown for each other, making me wonder if it'd be possible for Sakurai to put 2B in for the same reasons he put Snake in Brawl.

Standards of what is allowed have changed. Guns, characters once considered mainly SONY, or at least, non-Nintendo being strongly considered... In a world where people expect something like Master Chief in smash, I don't see the lack of reasoning for no 2B. Even if it isn't this time around, there's always the next (presumed) fighters pass.​

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 213615

Look at this image. This beautiful image.
Ah, it gives me hope. Sakurai having played and finished every NieR and Drakengard game, just as he's played plenty of Persona and Shin Megami Tensei games. The friendship and mutual respect these two have grown for each other, making me wonder if it'd be possible for Sakurai to put 2B in for the same reasons he put Snake in Brawl.

Standards of what is allowed have changed. Guns, characters once considered mainly SONY, or at least, non-Nintendo being strongly considered... In a world where people expect something like Master Chief in smash, I don't see the lack of reasoning for no 2B. Even if it isn't this time around, there's always the next (presumed) fighters pass.​
I still have faith that 2B will make it in. But we only need patience.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I like how 2B already has a majority of her animations/attacks on a 2D plane due to Nier's sidescrolling portions of the game. Her transition into Smash will look/feel very authentic to portions of Nier Automata's gameplay.

I didn't know Sakurai played Drakengard AND Nier; he really is a man of culture. Even if we don't end up getting a Game of the Yorha version of Nier Automata on Switch (still hoping we do; it'd print money and Yoko is on board with it), I think 2B's chances of getting into Smash is very plausible.

After seeing the amount of love Joker got (he's fun to boot!), I can only imagine what they'd do for 2B. She'd be my main, hands down.

Last edited:

TrainerZN

Smash Rookie
(I Hope I dont make any mistakes with the english) I Am always thinking about this, I want to share with you: The Dlc are gonna be all Third Party, why?
-I believe the reason of put a new stage is because the character is From a new universe, look the Smash 4 dlc, when corrin was in the game, he/she dont give us a new stage because the game have already fire emblem stages, when sakurai put ryu or cloud, he put a new stage from Ff más Street Fighter, and I think Nintendo dont have a new universe to put in the game.
I think 2b have chances is because, Joker is a really similar case:
- his games apears in sony consoles
- He is from a unknown series whit a last very popular game
- Sakurai loves both series, and this matter, no only nier, he played the drakengards he looks a huge fan
And actually, I dont see sakurai talking about kingdom hearts or other square games.
Sorry if all of this was obvious.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Your English is fine; thanks for sharing! Good points, by the way (although there are still many unexplored first-party universes; I wouldn't count them out as DLC just yet). But yeah, there's a lot of reasons as to why 2B is a plausible candidate.

It's probably a funny coincidence at best, but I just realized that the whole 'Brave' datamine leak can even apply to 2B, too, thanks to one of Nier's crossovers:

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
Is it really true that sakurai has only been talking mostly of nier, drakengard and persona games or has he been talking about other games too? I would really like some insight on this because i have been following his steps too and i dont see him talking about any other games either but i guess i cant see everything that he posts everyday at everytime of the day so can someone confirm?

KatKit

Smash Lord
No, he has thousands of games (no joke); he's played far more than the average gamer. He's talked about a heck of a lot more than Nier and Persona recently (and he'd probably do it more in general if fans wouldn't speculate that the characters would end up in Smash). At the very least, we know that he likes Nier (and Drakengard) enough to play all of them. That in and of itself is not a huge indicator that she'd be in Smash because he holds Nier in a high regard, but it's not a bad thing either, to say the least.

Last edited:

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
No, he has thousands of games (no joke); he's played far more than the average gamer. He's talked about a heck of a lot more than Nier and Persona recently (and he'd probably do it more in general if fans wouldn't speculate that the characters would end up in Smash). At the very least, we know that he likes Nier (and Drakengard) enough to play all of them. That in and of itself is not a huge indicator that she'd be in Smash because he holds Nier in a high regard, but it's not a bad thing either, to say the least.
Damn well atleast he likes the games a lot, i would like to keep my hopes up just because of this thanks for the info.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Gonna bring the bad news. In a December interview which can be found on NicoNico (requires an account to view), Square-Enix producer Yosuke Saito stated that NieR content is not appearing in Smash Bros.

TheDinoman said:
So yeah, it looks like 2B's out, if anyone was expecting her.

Someone found this old, untranslated interview with Saito:

http://www.mutyun.com/archives/59311.html

Translation is basically

Yosuke Saito said:
It's regrettable that NieR wasn't called to Smash. But choosing is up to Sakurai-kun isn't it?
This was in December by the way, after DLC was finalized.

Source: https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...gers-approaching.114127/page-29#post-20471430

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Gonna bring the bad news. In a December interview which can be found on NicoNico (requires an account to view), Square-Enix producer Yosuke Saito stated that NieR content is not appearing in Smash Bros.

Source: https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...gers-approaching.114127/page-29#post-20471430
That's a huge bummer. I really felt that 2B had as much credentials as Joker did.

Maybe, if they ever do a second pass, or further individual DLC like with Piranha Plant, then she could have another chance. But in the meantime, this puts quite a damper on things.

Glory to mankind.

NineS

Smash Lord

That's a huge bummer. I really felt that 2B had as much credentials as Joker did.

Maybe, if they ever do a second pass, or further individual DLC like with Piranha Plant, then she could have another chance. But in the meantime, this puts quite a damper on things.

Glory to mankind.
Here's to hoping that it's a mistranslation or being misinterpreted. Either way, if she isn't in, it's a damn shame.

Doesn't change the fact I'll keep pushing for her though.

Glory to mankind!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Glory to mankind.
It does have around the same credentials as someone like Joker...

But, Sakurai REALLY likes Persona 5.

Anyway it's not like she would ever get in when vying with Squeenix's other child, DQ's Erdrick.

But hey, at least 2B's still a popular gal making it into SoulCal and all.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord

Honestly, this kinda kills all hype for the fighter pass for me. Sure, there are other characters I'd enjoy seeing, but none I actually imagine happening. With the situation as it is now, this is the least excited I've been for newcomer announcements in Smash since...well, ever, especially since none of the commonly rumored characters interest me at all.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Three things:

There's always the opportunity for a popularity poll or season passes after this one.

Square Enix France didn't even know about 2B's inclusion in Soul Calibur in advance; they REALLY tried to keep it a secret, even internally. If she was in Smash, I'd imagine a statement like Saito's being thrown out to keep people off her trail. Think about it... maybe Nier wasn't "called to Smash," but what if they reached out to Nintendo instead? Is the decision up to Sakurai? Why did Saito even ask that question?

Assuming she has absolutely no chance in Ultimate, there's always the next best thing: an Astral Chain rep. Here's hoping that the protagonists in that game are as likeable.

I'll try to keep realistic expectations, but I'm not giving up just yet.

TrainerZN

Smash Rookie
Guys, I have a beatiful dream last night, I see in Smash "Kaine Salvation/Escape" (Kaine medley) like a New Remix in the game

If 2B is in the game, his spirit appears like "NieR" series, But what you think about his universe icon? I think can be cool see a Lunar tear

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Put it in a spoiler.
Weight of the World plays during the end credits of each route, but specifically the final ending features a section where you shoot the credits as that song plays. Sakurai is known to be a major NieR and Drakengard fan so it wouldn't surprise me if that is part of why the credits are like that.

TrainerZN

Smash Rookie
Weight of the World plays during the end credits of each route, but specifically the final ending features a section where you shoot the credits as that song plays. Sakurai is known to be a major NieR and Drakengard fan so it wouldn't surprise me if that is part of why the credits are like that.
That will be awesome,
but if sakurai puts Ashes of Dreams can be a really surprise reference to the original one

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Just wanted to say that moment is what propelled the game from "great" to "absolute masterpiece" for me. A credits sequence with significant narrative context; I don't think any other credits sequence can beat that.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Smash should seriously use the opportunity to screw around with the end credits for clearing 2B's classic mode. Aside from the song suggestion mentioned earlier, imagine if they used the hacking cursor (and/or Pod) to shoot stuff instead of the superscope/hoverboard thing:

Bonus points if it starts out like regular classic mode credits (except 2B shoots with her pod), then switches to the hacking cursor midway, complete with the song changing to its 8-bit rendition.

Anyway, I knew about the Three Wise Monkeys themes/symbolism when it came to the Resistance members and the Yorha androids (operators mouths are covered, the blindfolds, a lot of Resistance members have headphones on, etc.), but I didn't know that it was shown in the factions' emblems, too. Like, I didn't realize that the Yorha symbol is a closed eye (and the Resistance symbol is an opened one) until recently. I want to do another playthrough, but I'm still not emotionally ready lol.

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
Imagine operator 6O calling 2B saying she has a weird letter from an unknown organization/person and saying she will send it to one of her save point boxes and that her next mission is to go there and find out what it is about. I dont know i somehow can picture every of that. XD

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Uhhh why are you guys still here? 2B was literally disconfirmed. Go home!
Because we still like the character and still want her in Smash eventually.

This is a support thread after all and not a realistic speculation thread.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Uhhh why are you guys still here? 2B was literally disconfirmed. Go home!
Because 2B is cool and it's fun to wish. Everyone knows she's a pipe dream and isn't happening, doesn't mean it's not fun to support her and brainstorm ideas.

TrainerZN

Smash Rookie
Hello, thinking here is a good place to post a moveset concept I did for 2B, thinking you all would like to see it:
https://twitter.com/TKOWL_Art/status/1114918691974598656
(Sorry if my english have mistakes)
I am agreed whit this moveset.
This moveset have really good ideas but I dont like so much some things, is cool but here my ideas:

-Jab:Like your post, the combo of 2b in nier when dont wears weapons

-F-Tilt:The light (I mean when you use "square" button in ps4) combo of 2B whit the swords (Something like Bayonetta)
-D-tilt/U-Tilt: I actually Dont know, But can be cool a soft attack whit the iron pipe (from NieR 1) or a spear
-Dash attack:When 2B (Bare fists) is running in NieR: Automata, and you press the heavy buttom, he has a really weird crazy kick/tackle, this can work really well
Smash:
Side smash: its like your post BUT whit the "BEASTLORD" weapon :)
Down Smash: your post have a really good one but can also be a down especial
Up Smash: I Dont know one :c, the yours looks fine

I have to say, Your air attacks ARE awesome, specially the N-air, but i have to say, I whould put a combo attack in the F-air, like Bayonetta, because 2B have that style of crazy combos of platinum games

The specials:
I have the idea of 2B using the pods programs in his specials

Neutral b: (Like your post)If you press the botton shoots like Fox, but If you press and hold the button: Bam!: lazer

Side B: The hammer program of the pod

Up B: I Dont know, sorry

Down B: The spears program of the pod or the wave program

I love the entrance in your post, before, I was thinking about that animation of 2B grabbing the pod when she was falling but I prefer the idea of the teleporter of NieR Automata

I am not agreed with Emil like a logo of NieR, yeah, I like Emil but its weird like a icon because is more important in Nier1 than Automata, I am thinking more in a Lunar Tear, that silver flower, because is a really symbolic item in both NieR

The final smash is Good, I saw thinking the same but whit 9s supporting 2B

Finally, yeah... I understand maybe this cant be happen never but a Kainé-suit skin can be really cool.
maybe a censored version whit more bandages?(like the right arm and leg)

I like you post, and your ideas but I want to share this

By the way, I have a really Hard question, I want the idea of anyone who wants to answer

If 2B is in smash, what music is in the victory screen?

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
Hey, if 2B made it in Smash, I can see her Classic Mode boss being Galleom... Or Master Hand and Crazy Hand, as a reference of her trying to kill a god.

Abade

Smash Apprentice
I support 2B in Smash, It would cool if that heavy armor she worn for large scale assaults would be in as an alt.

Prefer A2 more But I'll take A2's daughter/sister/copy as she's the closest thing to A2.

Top Bottom