• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

done.
plz comment on how you like it and tell me what next is needed.

bobson

Smash Lord
Something on how the hell time intervals are calculated would be good. The notes TXT said they were floating point values represented by whole decimals, but I didn't even know that was possible let alone how to calculate them.

One frame = 60000 intervals by the way.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
and how to add effects to characters. and for moves that don't normally have a hitbox, how to make one have a hitbox, and how to edit said hitbox.

D

Deleted member

@bobson
time intervals are calculated by number of clock cycles.

if the CPU ran at 400MHz, 1 frame would be (400*1024^2)/60
someone give me the speed of the wii CPU

@symphonicsage, use the "add" command in the sub-actions tab, while the proper sub action is selected. then add "offensive collision" and change the paramters to appropriate values.

bobson

Smash Lord
and how to add effects to characters. and for moves that don't normally have a hitbox, how to make one have a hitbox, and how to edit said hitbox.
Did you even read the post? It clearly tells you how to do all of that already.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
no it doesnt

I want to know how to put a wind hitbox on jigg's down TAUNT and then make it larger and more powerful.

Edit, nvm I read paprika's edit just now lol

bobson

Smash Lord
someone give me the speed of the wii CPU
Ripped from Wikipedia: PowerPC-based "Broadway" processor, made with a 90 nm SOI CMOS process, reportedly clocked at 729 MHz.

I was under the impression clock cycles was referring to the ingame clock, though.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
New question, sorry for my ignorace

I added a new command that currently is no action. how do I add "offensive collision"? do I type it or what?

and I add it in GFX, right?

bobson

Smash Lord
I added a new command that currently is no action. how do I add "offensive collision"? do I type it or what?
Select it and hit modify.

Can we get a Q&A thread for PSA somewhere so we can keep all the questions in one thread?

EDIT: All time intervals seem to just be multiples of 60000.

D

Deleted member

ok, corrected some typos and clarified adding commands
and I don't mind the questions, forces me to improve the guide.

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
This guide looks great!! Thanks for the taking the time to help us out! My question is a bit different, though - can anyone host the .pac files on megaupload? I can't get to mediafire at the moment. Thanks in advance!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
k I got the wind hitbox figured out, except for the "bone" thing. Thanks for your help, guys.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Also, where might I find taunts? are they under subactions? I'm trying to modify luigi to have uber taunts. (Up B style down taunt, Exploding side taunt, various elemental effects on the actions of his Up taunt)

could you give me the value maybe?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
they're under subactions. Ithink they start aroud 1B1 or something like that. They're called appeal something. Like downtaunt is AppealLw

bobson

Smash Lord
Also, where might I find taunts? are they under subactions? I'm trying to modify luigi to have uber taunts. (Up B style down taunt, Exploding side taunt, various elemental effects on the actions of his Up taunt)
The taunt animations are all named AppealXX, with XX specifying which taunt it is. They're usually located before the win subactions, which are before the special move subactions. Luigi's in particular are at 1BC-1C1

Edit: And yeah, they're subactions.

D

Deleted member

big thanks to Zolga for the pictures.
also added how to swithc animations.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Just a little thing: when I edit the KBG AND BKB of the wind hitbox on jiggz's downtilt, is it in hex or floating point?

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
I wanna try one more time (sorry if I'm being a nuisance). Can anyone host the pac files on megaupload instead of mediafire? Actually, just one .pac would be good if hosting em all is too much trouble (I really wanna fiddle with the ganon .pac).

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I edited the BKB and KBG of the wind hitbox, and yet they don't die at 999%. I set the BKB to 30 (which is 1E) and the KBG to 100 (which is 64). help???

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey Paprika (or anyone), do you understand the format of the movement-change scriptings? They're the one thing I've been stuck on since release. Like take G&W dair's beginning:

0E080400: 1-0, 1-EA60, 1-0, 0-1

The instruction isn't labeled in the current release, but I know it has something to do with character movement/state.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Though a very complicated program to make a character that is really worth a ****, this guide helped me at least get started with the basics which is beyond helpful. Nice work PK, as always.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
do I put in the offensive collision in the main part of the subaction, or the GFX part?

and I also didn't want the hitbox do to damage, since it's...well, wind. Like ness's.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
how do you edit the effects of the moves? like, make falcons dair electric?

i need to know!!!!!! it would help a lot. thanks for your time.

Top Bottom