• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I finnaly made my sword visible after 2billion yrs (does a dance). a problem though, kind of a stupid question...
It's pointed down, and it needs to be pointed at what looks like a 45 degree angle. So what exactly would I edit to make it turn? Sorry... feelin kinda slow today..

just2good

Smash Cadet
Droughboi, I tryed messing with the X,Y,Z rotate and pretty much got no luck with it. I didn't mess with random rotate though, maybe ill try and see if it works.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Droughboi, I tryed messing with the X,Y,Z rotate and pretty much got no luck with it. I didn't mess with random rotate though, maybe ill try and see if it works.
Alright. If you get it please tell me! It's fully working its just not in the right direction.

jalued

Smash Lord
for some reason the texture file from meowMIX isnt downloading all 80.2 MB of information, i have tried 2x o far and it stopped at 58.8 and 32.6 respectively... any ideas?

tried again and it stopped at 59.6 now (now i have reached samus's movement _

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It's under Attributes and it's only for aerials as far as I know.
Depending on the aerial special, you can just follow the call paths to the subactions or actions for when the character lands doing a special, and either add the ability to interupt the action with another action, or just set the timer on it to a lower number.

That should work...at least the first one WILL anyways.
-DD

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
It's under Attributes and it's only for aerials as far as I know.
Uh, which attribute is it?

Also, what does SDI stand for? (DI stands for directional influence normally, but I have no idea here.) I don't see it in the term list...

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hey Phantom, I have a question.

How would I have multiple subroutine changes in an action? I'm doing this:

I've discovered timers do not work here... In fact I think it worked better BEFORE I added them. Basically what happens is Captain Falcon does the first move, cancels out of every animation afterward, and then uses the last move (a taunt lol). Another thing that would help is learning how to keep an enemy in place during an attack, although I think that has to do with grab hitboxes.

Also a cool thing to be able to do is make your own sub-actions and subroutines. That would make this so much easier since I could make a custom combo without having to change other moves to benefit it.
My suggestion? Instead of putting the subaction changes in the special, put them in the subactions themselves. That's how PW did it (noticed that while I was trying to unbreak PMario).
Also, don't be afraid to take advantage of the blank spots (the NONE spots).

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Smash Directional Influence. You can mash the c stick a certain way to alter your direction, as well the the analog stick. Although, if you use both at the same time, the game will treat it as if you only did one of them. My advice is to always DI towards the stage, and SDI depending on how are hit (Say, if you're hit straight up, you should DI downwards and SDI to the right. This is how Snake survived the old flower rest until 103% >.>)

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I finnaly made my sword visible after 2billion yrs (does a dance). a problem though, kind of a stupid question...
It's pointed down, and it needs to be pointed at what looks like a 45 degree angle. So what exactly would I edit to make it turn? Sorry... feelin kinda slow today..
Anyone know? ]=

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Anyone know? ]=
Um... effect sword like PMario's, right? Just edit the offset for the effects.
Smash Directional Influence. You can mash the c stick a certain way to alter your direction, as well the the analog stick. Although, if you use both at the same time, the game will treat it as if you only did one of them. My advice is to always DI towards the stage, and SDI depending on how are hit (Say, if you're hit straight up, you should DI downwards and SDI to the right. This is how Snake survived the old flower rest until 103% >.>)
Thanks. :D

Revven

FrankerZ
Rotations of a hitbox go like this: Z = trip rate, Y = hitlag, and X = SDIability they have nothing to deal with rotating hitboxes or graphics...

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
All right, lemme use PMario's fsmash as an example. It's made up of a lot of separate fire graphics chained together. If you add rotate, it will rotate ONLY THAT FLAME. If you want to change the entire sword, you'd have to change the offsets of each graphic.
Rotations of a hitbox go like this: Z = trip rate, Y = hitlag, and X = SDIability they have nothing to deal with rotating hitboxes or graphics...
Not referring to the hitboxes (at least I don't think so).

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
No im not referring to hitboxes. it hits fine. I get that I needa mess with the offsets. Ill just be more specific...

The sword is pointed towards lets say a 7 O'clock position, it needs to be pointed more towards a 10 or 11 O'clock position. so what is that; both the X and the Y offsets I needa mess with? or just one? Cuz I already have stuff on both of my offsets. I just dunno which one to screw with.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
If I understand the position correctly, I don't think you have to mess with the X values. Just increase the Y values of all the graphics. One thing you might do is look at the values of the hitboxes and adjust the graphic positions according to that.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
How would you go about editing the falling speed of sheik, zamus or marth's dair? Like how to you make it so that they dont drop so fast? Or the Attribute tied with it?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
How would you go about editing the falling speed of sheik, zamus or marth's dair? Like how to you make it so that they dont drop so fast? Or the Attribute tied with it?
That might be animation-coded, so that the animation always carries them like that.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
That might be animation-coded, so that the animation always carries them like that.
You sure? Im sure theres a way to modify the dair falling speed in attributes. I saw something like that posted somewhere on these boards about changing Zamus's dair falling speed so that she doesnt rocket down so fast. The value was like 0.5 somewhere.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
You sure? Im sure theres a way to modify the dair falling speed in attributes. I saw something like that posted somewhere on these boards about changing Zamus's dair falling speed so that she doesnt rocket down so fast. The value was like 0.5 somewhere.
I definitely saw that post too, and I'm also looking for it -- if you find it, please post it for us to see. I'll do the same if I locate it.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
My suggestion? Instead of putting the subaction changes in the special, put them in the subactions themselves. That's how PW did it (noticed that while I was trying to unbreak PMario).
Also, don't be afraid to take advantage of the blank spots (the NONE spots).
I can't take advantage of the NONE spots because I can't seem to change what subroutine they're linked to. 0x0 isn't going to help me any.

Not to mention I don't want to put the subaction changes in the subroutines; I'm trying to avoid doing that if I can. I will if I have to, but otherwise I'd rather keep them the same. You have much more freedom when editing the actions themselves... but so much is left undocumented within the program itself so we really can't edit too much yet. Darn gigantic variable set.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I can't take advantage of the NONE spots because I can't seem to change what subroutine they're linked to. 0x0 isn't going to help me any.

Not to mention I don't want to put the subaction changes in the subroutines; I'm trying to avoid doing that if I can. I will if I have to, but otherwise I'd rather keep them the same. You have much more freedom when editing the actions themselves... but so much is left undocumented within the program itself so we really can't edit too much yet. Darn gigantic variable set.
When you add commands to a subaction, it automatically- oh, just saw that part. I really don't think there's much you can do, then. At least not that I know of. Sorry :(.
Writing it to the subroutines doesn't mess with anything. If it did, then Kari wouldn't work at all, with all the moves (and therefore subroutines) I've changed.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Do the swords (pmario kind) HAVE to use external graphic effects? the character that im using has some rly crappy external effects >.<

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Do the swords (pmario kind) HAVE to use external graphic effects? the character that im using has some rly crappy external effects >.<
Use the IDs from the normal graphic effects, but change them to look like the one below.
0000XXXX -> XXXX0000
Example:
00000008 -> 00080000

Top Bottom