• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta 2015 Community Tier List Voting

Dire Creeper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dire_Creeper
Posted an old list a while back, took another look and made some changes:

:foxmelee:
:falcomelee: :marthmelee:
:sheikmelee:
:peachmelee: :jigglypuffmelee:
:icsmelee:

HIGH

:falconmelee:
:samusmelee:
:luigimelee:
:pikachumelee:
:yoshimelee:
:drmario: :ganondorfmelee:

MID

:mariomelee: :younglinkmelee:
:linkmelee: :dkmelee:
:gawmelee:
:zeldamelee:

LOW

:mewtwomelee:
:nessmelee:

:pichumelee: :bowsermelee: :roymelee:
:kirbymelee:

Last edited:

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Banned via Warnings
wow you guys are really biased towards your mains

stuff like putting pichu at 12th or whatever just because you think hes a good character

if you REALLY mained that character you would realize that hes a steaming pile of dog ****

to people who have high tier main bias, please just learn your character and compare your tier lists with others

a good tier list should have several factors:
matchups
set data
how far the best mains with the character go

i main ness and i know he is just ****
how? because i know he has ******** matchups that are usually almost impossible
ness basically almost never wins because of the ****ty mu spread
and the best ness mains dont or barely make it out of pools in majors

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155
I think Young Link slaughters DK. Also don't think Sheik is remotely winnable for DK.
Yeah I think most people hella overrate DK.

This. Pichu should not be higher than 20th on ANY tier list.
As for Ness I think ppl sleep on Ness. I know he sucks, but I think Ness can do good in a regional, but not a national.
The Ness cheese is real. I mean overall he is pretty bad, but he has some tools that I think put ahead of most low tiers.

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155
I actually meant to put Samus above Luigi, but I'm keeping him equal with Pikachu because he has more representation. If there were more Pikachu players I'd do what you said.
I think people take too much from axe when rating Pikachu. Axe is seriously one of the best smashers out there, and there is a reason there are so few pikachus. He has pretty bad match-ups against high tiers. I think putting Luigi ahead of him is 100% acceptable.

Leeyam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
leeyamnz
1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Marth
4. Sheik
5. Peach
6. Jigglypuff
7. ICs
8. Samus
9. Falcon
10. Pikachu
11. Yoshi
12. Luigi
13. Dr Mario
14. Ganondorf
15. Young Link
16. Mario
17. Donkey Kong
18. Link
19. Game & Watch
20. Zelda
21. Pichu
22. Ness
23. Mewtwo
24. Bowser
25. Roy
26. Kirby

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
I feel people really underestimate mario everyone goes crazy over every charecter mango uses however he also used mario as scorpion master mario has amazing combos and tons of gimp power his kill moves are ok but are hard to land and he has pretty good matchups and basically destroys:pichumelee: he has great frame data and players have been able to do crazy things with him with his great combos like mango/scorpion master he also has a good recovery because of his down B also compared to luigi I feel they are equally viable but I feel mario does better against the top tiers also I heard yoshi sucks in matchups is this true and thank you for saying this list is very good I really appreciate it
your welcome.

I think that Doc and Mario are both underrated.

Also, now that I think of it, Mario being that high isn't too unrealistic. Mario players just aren't that good tbh and even "A Rookie" isn't good enough to make top 32 at nationals. I might go over some of the underrated stuff about mario in the mario forums or in my next tier list

silent wolf pushing mario tech skill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yx2F29yXJ0 | maybe up b walljumps could actually be humanly feasible. I also just realized that this has the same frame window as Multishining, which makes it sound way easier.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
If you are only limited to what you see then you are missing a lot of knowledge....

Wobbles went all Mario at EVO 2015

Got further than KoopaTroopa895

still....Wobbles didn't get that far considering how developed his Mario is, his level of practicing, and his level of player skill.

A Rookie didn't even go to EVO 2015, despite living so close....in fact he doesn't make it out to too many Majors unless it's super convenient (which is a shame).

Up B wall-jumps have been around for ages (that vid itself is 4 years old)....they are only really useful on Yoshi's Island and they are very hard to do in a match. Multi-shining is a much lower level of tech since it doesn't rely on a fraction of the external factors that Up-B wall jumps does.

Last edited:

miniada

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miniada
your welcome.

I think that Doc and Mario are both underrated.

Also, now that I think of it, Mario being that high isn't too unrealistic. Mario players just aren't that good tbh and even "A Rookie" isn't good enough to make top 32 at nationals. I might go over some of the underrated stuff about mario in the mario forums or in my next tier list

silent wolf pushing mario tech skill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yx2F29yXJ0 | maybe up b walljumps could actually be humanly feasible. I also just realized that this has the same frame window as Multishining, which makes it sound way easier.
I feel people underestimate :mariomelee: because of his average limitations witch are really only exposed against :marthmelee: which is like :mariomelee:40:60:marthmelee: I feel since mario is a high to mid charecter people use him to get easy wins which except in brawl kind of always has been happening I'm suprised people agree about :yoshimelee: consedering his matchups from what I know SUCK lol is this true

Last edited:

miniada

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miniada
Marth full blown hard counters Mario. Its more like 75-25 than 60-40 IMO.
As for Yoshi, I agree some of his MU's are bad. That's why I don't recognize him as a top 10 character even though a lot of people put him there based solely based on Amsa's performance the past couple of years, yet there hasn't been any other Yoshi main since the last tier list update that has made a significant impact. For this I put him at the #12 spot on the list.
I hope this asking for to much but what do you think yoshis matchup chart is I know :foxmelee::sheikmelee:and:mariomelee: are bad for him

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Banned via Warnings
look my g's

just because one guy plays a character and is PHENOMENAL with them DOES NOT mean that they deserve better tier placement

NOBODY has taken yoshi to the depths that AMsa has

same goes for Axe

what this means for Pikachu and Yoshi is that characters like Luigi and Samus are better represented and get more results that add up to more than Pikachu and Yoshi's

take this in consideration when building yo tier list dogz

Last edited:

Dire Creeper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dire_Creeper
look my g's

just because one guy plays a character and is PHENOMENAL with them DOES NOT mean that they deserve better tier placement

same goes for Axe

what this means for Pikachu and Yoshi is that characters like Luigi and Samus are better represented and get more results that add up to more than Pikachu and Yoshi's

Honestly that shouldn't actually be a huge factor in this. If Axe can be so good with Pikachu, anyone else can. Same goes for aMSa's Yoshi, Mango's Mario and Shroomed's Doc.

Last edited:

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
Good luck tier:
:drmario::mariomelee::younglinkmelee::linkmelee::ganondorfmelee::pichumelee::dkmelee:
*triggered*

Also, where are you guys finding the Luigi players that make putting him in Upper A/Lower S (above Gannon, Young Link, and Doc) reasonable.

I'm not being a sarcastic asshole here, if Shroomed from an alternate reality, who mained Luigi came to our reality and I didn't know it, I'd like to know now.

Last edited:

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155
Honestly that shouldn't actually be a huge factor in this. If Axe can be so good with Pikachu, anyone else can. Same goes for aMSa's Yoshi, Mango's Mario and Shroomed's Doc.
How Axe does is hard to compare to more popular picks because it's hard say how good Axe is as a smasher. Let's say axe put as much into fox as he did Pikachu, where would he place then? How much is Axe and how much is Pikachu is hard to tell because so few others main pika. Perhaps Axe pound for pound is just the top smasher in the world. While Axe's results certainly should raise Pikachu in a tier list, how high it should raise him is still suspect.

frankxthexbunny

Smash Apprentice
I tend to place link lower in the tier list than he usually is not because of his awful attacks (which are admittedly better than characters like kirby and Zelda), but because of his awful movement and inability to easily deal with any sort of pressure whatsoever. I mean he doesn't really have any more mobility than ganon and has half the power. The fact that he's always placed so close to ylink always confused me

vexoskeleton

Smash Apprentice
look my g's

same goes for Axe

Well if we see people doing great with pikachu while no one is doing anything with luigi of course we are going to think pikachu simply has more potential to do good stuff than the other characters around them.

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
I tend to place link lower in the tier list than he usually is not because of his awful attacks (which are admittedly better than characters like kirby and Zelda), but because of his awful movement and inability to easily deal with any sort of pressure whatsoever. I mean he doesn't really have any more mobility than ganon and has half the power. The fact that he's always placed so close to ylink always confused me
yeah to be bluntly honest Link sucks even with Germ and the guy that beat the moon backing him up however i'm curious to where characters like him, pichu, mewtwo, roy, DK and ness end up on this list the answers are very mixed

Last edited:

rty1001

Smash Cadet
Why are people putting Yoshi through the roof? The only one who had best results with him is aMSa, another Yoshi main I know (PeanutPhobia) doesn't even come close to the tech aMSa puts into Yoshi. Yes, yoshi should be a tad higher, but putting him anywhere near S tier is insane.

Last edited:

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
Why are people putting Yoshi through the roof? The only one who had best results with him is aMSa, another Yoshi main I know (PeanutPhobia) doesn't even come close to the tech aMSa puts into Yoshi. Yes, yoshi should be a tad higher, but putting him anywhere near S tier is insane.
insane why Amsa is awesome i know he isn't god but if your saying yoshi is a mid tier your opinion but i personally think yoshi has potential to be top 9-10

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Here's my list who agrees? reply with changes you would make.View attachment 69276
that list is ridiculous. Ganondorf at 6th? Mario at 9th? Even pichu at 26th is questionable. Every single character in E tier is widely considered better than roy and all have better results.
----------------------------------
when links actually do their fairly easy tech chases on platforms with Up B OOS then people will see him as a better character. If you get a dthrow on platforms against fast fallers at a high percentage then they will die. Although I think he has a bit of a ****ty neutral, he could potentially have a really good punish game.

also who else thinks fox beats falco 55:45?

Last edited:

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
Here's my list who agrees? reply with changes you would make.View attachment 69276
this is all wrong Pika Yoshi Pichu Dk Samus Puff Luigi and Doc should be higher. Ganon Mario Roy and Falcon should all be lower this is strange terrible and out of control this is a troll list no doubt and if you are serious something is wrong with the way you look at melee

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
that list is ridiculous. Ganondorf at 6th? Mario at 9th? Even pichu at 26th is questionable. Every single character in E tier is widely considered better than roy and all have better results.
----------------------------------
when links actually do their fairly easy tech chases on platforms with Up B OOS then people will see him as a better character. If you get a dthrow on platforms against fast fallers at a high percentage then they will die. Although I think he has a bit of a ****ty neutral, he could potentially have a really good punish game.

also who else thinks fox beats falco 55:45?
50:50 or that

Dire Creeper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dire_Creeper
Falcon at 4th and Jigglypuff below Mario and Doc? Falcon hasn't had any placings more noteworthy than Peach, Jigglypuff, Marth or ICs. Jigglypuff has had better results than Mario and Doc combined. I can't even elaborate how scrambled up this is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom