• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta 2015 Community Tier List Voting

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
please tell me why you think pichu > dk

DK has WAAAAAAAAYY more tools and options than Pichu. The only advantage of Pichu is that hes faster and isn't as big.
he does but pichu has chaingrabs on some top tiers (I know DK might have more but its something) he has u-air strings and decent combos DK is still better by a decent margin but i'm just glad to see that pichu isn't in low tiers i didn't mean he was better than DK

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK in general is quite an underrated character. He doesn't do that bad against Top Tiers outside of Falco and Puff. But he's got some good gimmicks against Fox and Marth. Sheik is also quite terrible actually now I think about it, so are Ice Climbers. But other than those, he doesn't lose anything badly. Even Peach is not that bad.

Any top players actually still playing DK? If DK's not the most underrated and under vallued character of Melee, he's certainly at least the most hype character. :dkmelee:

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
DK in general is quite an underrated character. He doesn't do that bad against Top Tiers outside of Falco and Puff. But he's got some good gimmicks against Fox and Marth. Sheik is also quite terrible actually now I think about it, so are Ice Climbers. But other than those, he doesn't lose anything badly. Even Peach is not that bad.

Any top players actually still playing DK? If DK's not the most underrated and under vallued character of Melee, he's certainly at least the most hype character. :dkmelee:
agreed but i don't know about DK macthups so i didn't lnow that thanks

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wait are u sayin that Sheik is bad or DKs MU is bad against Sheik???
Imo, DK's matchup spread probably looks like this :

-3: Falco, Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers
-2: Fox*, Sheik
-1: Marth*, Peach, Captain Falcon,
-0.5: Mario, Pikachu, Dr.Mario
0: Ganondorf, Luigi, Link, Young Link, Yoshi
+0.5: Mewtwo, Mr.Game & Watch
+1: Samus, Roy, Zelda, Kirby, Ness, Pichu
+1.5: Kirby, Bowser

With a *, means those matchups DK can pull some crazy grab combo shenanigans and stand a good chance. Element of surprise factor really does a lot to these matchups.

Last edited:

owlnerf

Smash Rookie
S

1. Fox
2. Marth
3. Falco
4. Jigglypuff
5. Shiek
6. Peach
7. Captain Falcon
8. Ice Climbers

A

9. Pikachu
10. Ganondorf
11. Yoshi
12. Luigi
13. Dr. Mario
14. Samus
15. Mario

B

16. Young Link
17. DK
18. Link
19. G&W
20. Zelda
21. Roy
22. Mewtwo

F
23. Ness
24. Pichu
25. Kirby
26. Bowser

Last edited:

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
S

1. Fox
2. Marth
3. Falco
4. Jigglypuff
5. Shiek
6. Peach
7. Captain Falcon
8. Ice Climbers

A

9. Pikachu
10. Ganondorf
11. Yoshi
12. Luigi
13. Dr. Mario
14. Samus
15. Mario

B

16. Young Link
17. DK
18. Link
19. G&W
20. Zelda
21. Roy
22. Mewtwo

F
23. Ness
24. Pichu
25. Kirby
26. Bowser
Zelda above Roy is just rude, DK should also be lower, I'd put DK at 20 and the boy at 19

pershona

Smash Journeyman
i voted on the thing a long time ago, but i'll still put the list here now anyways.

1.:foxmelee:
2.:falcomelee:
3.:marthmelee:
4.:sheikmelee:
(The amazing characters)
5.:peachmelee:
6.:jigglypuffmelee:
(great characters)
7.:falconmelee:
8.:icsmelee:
(really good characters with a few bad flaws)
9.:pikachumelee:
10.:samusmelee:
11.:yoshimelee:
(still good characters )
12.:luigimelee:
13.:ganondorfmelee:
14.:drmario:
15.:mariomelee:
(alright characters)
16.:younglinkmelee:
17.:linkmelee:
18.:dkmelee:
(might work if the opponent is unfamiliar with the mu)
19.:roymelee:
20.:gawmelee:
21.:mewtwomelee:
22.:zeldamelee:
23.:bowsermelee:
24.:nessmelee:
25.:pichumelee:
26.:kirbymelee:
(meh characters)

Last edited:

vexoskeleton

Smash Apprentice
dead ****ing serious list:

S:
:foxmelee:
:falcomelee:
:marthmelee:
:sheikmelee:

A:
:jigglypuffmelee:
:falconmelee:
:peachmelee:
:icsmelee:

A-:
:pikachumelee:
:samusmelee:

B+:
:drmario:
:yoshimelee:
:luigimelee:
:younglinkmelee:

B:
:ganondorfmelee:
:dkmelee:
:mariomelee:
:linkmelee:

B-:
:gawmelee:
:pichumelee:
:mewtwomelee:
:zeldamelee:

F:
:nessmelee:
:roymelee:
:bowsermelee:
:kirbymelee:
Why do you think falcon is better than peach? I can see it maaaybe in theory but in reality there is very little to back that placing. I also wonder about doc above yoshi and some of the lower tier placements but I don't care about low tiers enough to ask about those.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Dr Mario isn't that good. Neither is Young Link.
I'm confident that YL is better than everyone below him except for MAYBE ganon. Dr. Mario at 11th seems OK.
Why do you think falcon is better than peach? I can see it maaaybe in theory but in reality there is very little to back that placing. I also wonder about doc above yoshi and some of the lower tier placements but I don't care about low tiers enough to ask about those.
Falcon>Peach is mainly because falcon beats peach, goes even with marth, and probably goes even with puff. He also has
Doc>Yoshi may be a bit questionable, but I think that Doc is still better. Doc has a good pivot and unexplored tech (Uair aerial interrupt, up b cancel). He also

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
yeah imo its real dumb i think they should get rid of it and combine the two tiers
Perhaps everyone could try to understand why it's like that, rather than calling it stupid because it's not the same as the NTSC list.

Afterwards, everyone could make their judgement.

Last edited:

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps everyone could try to understand why it's like that, rather than calling it stupid because it's not the same as the NTSC list.

Afterwards, everyone could make their judgement.
yeah i can accept that heck i'm saying that and i support both versions

miniada

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miniada
this is a really good list but I'm not sure if mario is that good
I feel people really underestimate mario everyone goes crazy over every charecter mango uses however he also used mario as scorpion master mario has amazing combos and tons of gimp power his kill moves are ok but are hard to land and he has pretty good matchups and basically destroys:pichumelee: he has great frame data and players have been able to do crazy things with him with his great combos like mango/scorpion master he also has a good recovery because of his down B also compared to luigi I feel they are equally viable but I feel mario does better against the top tiers also I heard yoshi sucks in matchups is this true and thank you for saying this list is very good I really appreciate it

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Mario does OK against high tiers about the same, maybe less so than Luigi idk ive seen more Luigis this meta. He has no KO ability, despite his combos and stuff and has a pretty poor recovery IMO. As for the Yoshi MU is it bad for Yoshi? Never really seen a Yoshi Mario MU b4.
EVO 2015
AmSa vs KoopTroopa

you guys seem to have a case of posting diarrhea

miniada

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miniada
Mario does OK against high tiers about the same, maybe less so than Luigi idk ive seen more Luigis this meta. He has no KO ability, despite his combos and stuff and has a pretty poor recovery IMO. As for the Yoshi MU is it bad for Yoshi? Never really seen a Yoshi Mario MU b4.
I didn't ask if yoshi lost to mario I believe he does lose but I heard yoshi sucks in a lot of matchups is this true

miniada

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miniada
EVO 2015
AmSa vs KoopTroopa

you guys seem to have a case of posting diarrhea
Just because yoshi won doesn't mean anything a sheik beat a fox and I believe fox wins that matchup it doesn't matter the charecters it matters the players skill I have seen a mario beat a Yoshi in tournament

Last edited:
Top Bottom