• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2010 Marth MU vs. Falco

Nike.

Smash Hero
I never took part of the marth boards for 08/09 simply because I was intimidated by Emblem Lord and how he went after players spreading false info. I guess I'll give contributing a shot :D

[collapse=Sacred Spot Dodges]
2-20 / 22 Link
2-20 / 22 Pikachu
2-20 / 22 Falco
2-20 / 22 Yoshi
2-20 / 22 Toon Link
2-20 / 24 Marth
[/collapse]
As a marth main, few things are more annoying then punishing a spot dodge, only to be power shielded and completely evaded. Combined with slightly above average rolls, Falco is extremely tough to land hits on.

I think it's 50/50, and one of the most dead even MU's we have. After breaking through his defense, one hit can lead to all kinds of hurt on him.

I doubt anybody understands falco as well as mike or pierce. Love to hear their versions :)

clowsui

Smash Legend
this matchup is 55/45 for marth, it's incredibly gay for falco once marth gets a hit because he has massive damage on follow ups. at the same time falco has a devastating up close game and can run away with side b (not for free obviously), and has decent airtraps to fight marth with. he also has a ledge trap but that's not as good as marth's

-Cross-

Smash Ace
What I don't see enough people doing is taking Falco to FD. iirc some players have even started to say that BF is Falco's best stage, not FD. What do you gain from FD?

-Limit Falco's recovery options- he goes for the edge or he goes above. With BF he can phantasm to platforms and whatnot, but on FD if he recovers that high he has massive post lag.
-The thing about FD back in melee iirc was that it was a stage to take people if you had a chaingrab on them. Well it works both ways in this MU, but Marth is zero>death or zero>~40% while Falco has much less.
-The whole platform avoiding projectile argument is only useful in combat if you plan to stall out the Falco when you are tied/have a % lead. Otherwise it serves no real purpose, and Falco can still shoot lasers fairly safely at you when you are on the lower platforms of BF.

I believe Marth has a neutral stage advantage on this MU. He can take Falco to FD, Lylat or Yoshi's while Falco would much prefer to have Smashville and BF.

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
I would ask Mr-R's oppinion on this since he ***** almost every living Falco. No kidding, Marth - Falco is like Marth - Ganon if Mr-R is Marth. xD

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I would ask Mr-R's oppinion on this since he ***** almost every living Falco. No kidding, Marth - Falco is like Marth - Ganon if Mr-R is Marth. xD
when he Fthrow falco 2x>Dair he usually take the stock. I have been taking notes off of his combo video so I can know my options out of Dtilt and the first part of nair

Nemesis Theory rocks BTW

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
when he Fthrow falco 2x>Dair he usually take the stock. I have been taking notes off of his combo video so I can know my options out of Dtilt and the first part of nair
Indeed, the double F-Throw > Dair can lead to unlimited options on how to take the stock. You can DS him or Bair or DB1 and what not, if he techs he's still not high enough to recovery safely. I usually just use a DS to ledgedrop Nair to take care of it.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Falco can easily avoid the f-throw f-throw dair, just stay on the platforms until they hit you...

Saybr

Smash Rookie
Darn, I was hoping for a bit more info off this thread. Is the old thread outdated, or is the info there still good?

Top Bottom