• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

$200 MM - Some Help Would Be Nice

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
IMPORTANT EDIT: Okay guys, sorry to disappoint. Apparently Pice didn't think I'd have the balls to accept a $200 MM and that "I misunderstood him" so the bet has been reduced to a measly $50. Sad, I know. At least it is a nice chunk of money, still... I guess. Man, I was hoping for something epic... oh well. Here are the videos of our last MM:

Not my best Falco playing, but oh well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrIZltBwKks

"I ain't afraid of no Marth"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3-RXridnuM

Final Match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CIjTXRxdkI

Alright guys, I'm for real. No joke. This guy is confident he can beat me beyond belief, so what started out as a $10 MM escalated into a $200 MM. Last tournament I beat him in a $10 MM. However, since then he has purchased a copy of Smash (He lost his before) and now he thinks he can beat me with ease. However, I'm sure I can beat him. So a lot is at stake here. I main Dr. Mario and play Falco as a second and he mains Falco/Marth and also plays Shiek.

I call upon you as my fellow Dr. Mario players to aide me in the epic conquest. Some advice... would most definitely be appreciated. I'm going to put up the videos of my last MM with him (Which was at a tournament a couple months ago) and I'm going to my friend's house tommorrow Friday May 11 to get some videos of my Doc and Falco fighting the characters the guy I'm MMing uses. The MM is scheduled to take place on July 7th, 2007, so I have plenty of time to practice. Thanks for your help in advance, everyone.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Incoming Epic Advice.

#1: Dont get grabbed.

#2: Dont get hit.

#3; Repeat steps 1 and 2 until the guy puts the controller down. Autowin.

Seriously though, I want some videos.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
1. Post thread in Falco forums.

2. Post thread in Doc forums.

3. ???

4. Profit!!

lol, but seriously we can't help you until you have the vids up. ^^ This is just a bump/placeholder.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Against:

Falco - Ok, this matchup isn't as easy as it looks unless you're technical skill is on demand and your mindgames are good. Grabbing a Falco is hard enough, but once you do get one in you should be able to chain grab him from 25 - 55% u-throw. Once he's in the 55% - 65% range, here are the things that you can do:

1.) Grab and hit twice so he's around 70%, throw him up (about 75% by now) and follow his DI with a u-air, catch again, hit 3 times, u-throw to full jump fair.
2.) Grab and hit twice so he's around 70%, throw him up (about 75% by now) and follow his DI with a u-air, dsmash.
3.) Grab and hit twice so he's around 70%, throw him up (about 75% by now) and follow his DI with a u-air, dash attack and then fsmash

If you ever get a grab on any space animal at 95% - 105%, U THROW TO FAIR (following his DI). That's vital and unless they're like broken at DI'ing or you're on Dream Land, they'll die.

Powershielding is something I advise to learn man. It's really handy. You can also bair his recovery easily. Caping his recovery shouldn't even be a challenge for a baby (unless you cape backwards).

Marth - This guy's a pain in the a$$. With that range it's intense to get a grab in, but once you do, since he's so bad at close combat against Doc., you can do several things to him:

1.) When he's at 0% and you get a grab, d-throw to utilt.
2.) When he's at around 35 - 45%, d-throw and full jump a uair and then fastfall a uair all in the same jump. Then you'll be able to shffl/juggle him with uairs and hopefully use an fair. Sometimes it's better to use a sexkick though.

Now, because of his extensive range and obscene automatic spacing, you're going to have to learn how to use the pills. All the megavitamin tricks come into play here (all the megavitamin tricks really come into play against all floaters 'Peach, Marth, Jiggs .... etc.'). Let me get one thing clear here: SPACE the Pills CORRECTLY (Sorry for caps but it's the only way to emphasize by typing). By doing this you'll create a wall of defense against him so that his spacing will be nullified. They usually try to spam utilts or fair to break through your wall. The only one you should be sort of worried about is his fair because it just goes right through the pills (but if you space them right another pill should be coming right behind that one). Using pills will allow you to Decoy Vitamin into a range of being able to attack him so here's the big point of this explaination: Using pills (Spacing) will help you hit/grab/4-stock Marth.

Another note, ftilt and utilt are key. Ftilt is soooo important vs. characters that love to grab and love to spam the same move (Lolz Peach and Marth?). It's because ftilt is a good spacing tactic, while utilt's priority and range is nice once they're in the air to juggle a little bit. Bair is also another great move to use against Marth. Tactics like SH Bair DJ Bair are great, especially if the tip of the hitbox hits him. It's all about spacing man.

Cape Marth when you're on the stage. It's a bad idea to run off the stage and cape him unless you cape him backwards. Also, bairing his recovery is vital.

I hope this helps man. Gotta keep reppin' that Doc. Kash. Good luck. You got it.

the CRAB

Smash Cadet
in agreement with smashmac entirely, the only thing of importance i believe he didnt discuss is your edgeguarding game. bair is where it's at. if you want some fantastic examples, watch bob$'s "overdose" combo video on youtube and check out some of his matches. that man is a doc demigod and he works that bair off the edge like mad. just be careful using it on falco, tho. getting spiked with the falco flash might bring a tear to your eye with $200 on the line.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good luck and try not to be nervous >_>. It could lead to you making some bad desicions.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
How bout, if you win this MM$ you split the winnings between everyone on the doc forums that posted in this thread with advice for you. Sound good?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ill look forward to the vids before giving any specific advice.
against a good falco though, ur best edgeguarding tools are f.tilt to poke his illusion to grab the edge, and uptilt, if he tries to illusion back on the stage.
i would practice how to get early KOs, by backthrowing a friend's falco off the level repeatedly at low damage, and mastering how to predict his illusions timing by how early he DJs, and interupt it with 2 b.airs KOing him. Just keep doing that again and again and again, until u feel confident a falco is dead, once he's off the level.
Its not easy to edgeguard a falco, but it is possibly to secure all his options in doc's edgeguarding game (unless theres platforms, in which case he'll usually escape.)

if u fight his falco, take it to Mute City, since its usually too small for SHL, and half the time theres no platforms so u can chain throw, and no platforms = safer time vs. falco, since falco can manipulate them so well. When the road widens for the traffic, just play defensive/smart until it shrink again, since in that particular environment falco would have the slight advantage.

against marth, use FD and use pills, mad WD feinting, f.tilts, and fast shuffles into jabs when u've lured him into suspecting another feint. d.throw to f.air KO at 90%, and constantly play a good shield game, where u attack out your shield w/ rising upairs/b.airs when he's airborn, and wding out your shield, after he f.smashes, into a grab/d.smash. edgehog, until he recovers above then DJ into a F.air. or roll to lightshield the edge if he's further away and DI towards him, so his UpB sucks into an edgehog position-auto-edgehog =)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Haha, woah. Thank you so much everyone, and I haven't even gotten any videos up. I'm editing my last MM videos with him right now, and I'll upload those to Youtube ASAP. I'll try to go to my friends today, but I got sick a couple days ago and didn't go to school today so I'm not sure my parents will let me. Regardless, I will have videos up soon.

EDIT: Okay guys, sorry to disappoint. Apparently Pice didn't think I'd have the balls to accept a $200 MM and that "I misunderstood him" so the bet has been reduced to a measly $50. Sad, I know. At least it is a nice chunk of money, still... I guess. Man, I was hoping for something epic... oh well. Here are the videos of our last MM:

Not my best Falco playing, but oh well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrIZltBwKks

"I ain't afraid of no Marth"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3-RXridnuM

Final Match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CIjTXRxdkI

Top Bottom