• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 more earthbound characters that would have fit right into Brawl.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I was thinking about more characters in Brawl, so I decided Earthbound or Fire Emblem deserved them the most. For Earthbound I thought of two characters.

1.) Poo- If youve ever played Mother2/Earthbound, you know this guy. the karate master with PSI powers would be a great character. One of his b`s should be kirby-like move, something that lets him copy one of the opponents special move(like in earthbound he could copy opponents.) His Final smash could be PK Startstorm, while Ness shoulda had PSI Rockin`

2.) Giuege/Giygas- Ok, bear with me here. Probably a lot of people dont know who Giuege is, but It sure would be neat if he was in it. Basically hes the main villian from Mother 1/ Earthbound Zero who looks a lot liek Mewtwo, so he should have attacks similiar to mewtwo.. His B button could be a shadow ball like move, while his up b would be PSI Teleport, his down b and side b should be something completly new. his final smash however...mwhahaha... the Giygas Screech! He should transform in to the Giygas form he has in Mother 2, sending out 3 giant screams(similar to Tabuu`s move, but harder to dodge.) While an eerie voice says "You cannot comprehend giygas` attack!"

Jeff would have been cool too. anyway theses are just dreams an earthbound fan has, that will probably never be realized.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
well to be honest i thought 2 earthbound characters was too much they only had 3 games and 2 didn't even release outside japan

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
poo yes. His final smash should be mimic, so he copies the the final smash of the opponent. If it's a free for all, the last character he hit, would be the final smash that comes out. But if he hits ness, his starstorm should be a alot more powerful and spiral the stars. he would so own.

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
I actually thought that Rob was one of those robots in the Monotoli tower in fourside before the game was released. They look exactly the same!

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
well to be honest i thought 2 earthbound characters was too much they only had 3 games and 2 didn't even release outside japan
hahaha yea that would be the obvious explanation for the few amount of characters, the question is have you played earthbound? If you havent your missing out on a great RPG and after you play it maybe you`ll understand why people love it :D Even though theres only 1 game I am still satisfied and earthbound remains one of my favorite franchises even with the lack of games.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
If Poo joins, then Ness loses like half of his moves right? Or did he take Paula's moves?

But what I do know is that Poo DID have startsorm, and you know what that means? Ness gets PSI Rockin whoo!

Guige sounds cool, but I dont want a Mewtwo clone.

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
If Poo joins, then Ness loses like half of his moves right? Or did he take Paula's moves?

But what I do know is that Poo DID have startsorm, and you know what that means? Ness gets PSI Rockin whoo!

Sure, then we just give Ness PSI Lifeup. :-D

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
What! Lack of Mother 3 (Earthbound 2 to you) characters. Kumatora! Duster! Check them out on wiki...

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Ninten!!!Or Niten, idk how its spelled. I think they should of added dixie, and mayb sum hunters from Metroid? I think samus deserves sumone, everyone else got a partner. except olimar. Poo would of been nice, but then ness wouldnt be ness. Jus like if they added that guy from mother 3, lucas wouldnt be lucas. So those characters are out. I think niten would be a great addition, or claus. King K anyone?

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I think Paula would be the best candidate for a third MOTHER character.

Then I'd also like to have Duster as an assist trophy. He'd staple you to the ground then stomp on you, and the other players can do it too while you are left helpless. I'd also like to see Kumatora not a PC or an AT, but rather as a stage hazard. A level like Tazmily (?) Village where Kumatora walks around, if you hit her she gets angry then punches you, then KOs you at 60%. That'd be great. After all, she is a tomboy and she yawns. Not very feminine like. Also, Flint should be in the background of that stage, along with Wes and some other of the MOTHER 3 cast.

The reason why I choose Paula as a PC over Kumatora or Claus is because that archetype of a young woman wearing a bow on her head is not fulfilled in Brawl and that type of character is very common in Japanese anime. Paula also is more serious than Kumatora, not quite girly but still has a more responsible caring attitude, while Kumatora lives too freely and almost recklessly/irresponsibly at that. Kumatora doesn't use any weapons just her hands/gloves while Paula could use her teddy bear and her frying pan for weapons in Brawl. Paula I also like her because she is highly religious/spiritual which makes her quite different than any of the Brawl cast. Claus I don't think should get in because he'd basically be like Lucas with a beam sword, and the whole point for his existence is to die in a very sad tragety which happened in MOTHER 3.

Give Ness PK Teleport for up B and PK Rockin' as a replacement for PK Fire. Give Paula PK Freeze and replace Lucas neutral B with PK Ground which works as a fast ground based move which can cause lots of damage if a person is on the ground.

As far as Ninten, I wish MOTHER 1 had more representation. They should at least have a trophy explaining that Ninten could have actually been Buzz Buzz in MOTHER 2, but one of the characters in Tazmily (?) Village looks very similar to Ana BTW.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Paula she had more importance than Jeff or Poo, then you give her pk thunder and pk fire, then give ness moves that were his, pk rockin and wat not.
and Claus(Masked Man) -Main Antagonist till the end in Mother 3, and is lucas' brother

menofuntall

Smash Cadet
One more rep puts them on par with Kirby. I'm sure as hell Mother is not as important to Nintendo as Kirby is.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Geigue would be cool, but if you recall, wasn't he inside of some kind of cryogenic orb? How could he move?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
One more rep puts them on par with Kirby. I'm sure as hell Mother is not as important to Nintendo as Kirby is.
Heh, Ice Climbers series, The Kid Icarus game, as well as ROB, got one character as representation. Guess what, that's equal representation as METAL GEAR SOLID, a game that nintendo didn't even touch. nintendo already threw out the "how important it is to us is how many characters we'll put in " theory by doing this. Heck, Metroid, one of nintendo's flagship series dating back to the NES days with like 9 installments, got the same amount of respresentation as Pikmin! (if Zero suit samus counts as a separate character, than the Pikmin count as separate characters to Olimar). How does THAT even make sense?

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Well since Ness and Lucas can be chaingrabbed to death, I might as well give some ideas of a Paula moveset since apparently I won't be playing Brawl anytime soon because of this.

Apparently she still does have fans even if they are not alot of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uecq41F_uQ

Another reason why I choose her over Claus is because she is a female character and I think young girls who play SSB4, like 13 years old and around that age would like her because they feel they can relate. Young boys can relate to Ness and Lucas, but girls will feel left out on the PSI fun so they need someone who can represent them. Not the chaingrabbing fun, no one wants that.

I thought for her, I'd make her moves more 'conservative' than Ness or Lucas. What I mean by conservative is that she doesn't spin around like crazy like some of Lucas' moves (nair) or (utilt). All her moves don't look super flashy in any sense like that.

Her play style would take some inspiration from Wolf and be more like Ness than Lucas.

Advantages:
+ Strong ground game
+ Generally most moves have high damage potential
+ Very powerful PK moves (PK Fire)
+ PK Thunder taken from Ness but PKT2 has a bigger sweetspot and is more powerful (KO at 45% anywhere on anyone)

Disadvantages:
- Weak airgame (can do lots of damage but KO is crap)
- Can be gimped with PKT recovery
- Floaty

A moves: (numbers mean damage percents per hit)

AAA: Two quick punches followed by a roundhouse kick (3, 3, 5)

utilt: Same as Ness (same damage wise).

diagonal up tilt: A backhand slap to the air (same damage as utilt)

ftilt: A strong elbow strike (1-2 damage higher than Ness' ftilt)

diagonal down tilt: A kick but more downward, same damage as ftilt)

downA: Does some sort of hit your shins kick similar to Ness but cannot be rapid fire. Has a 50% trip chance. Has more lag on it too.

Dash A: She sweeps her arms in a downward then forward motion. The downward motion has fire and ice attacks in one attack, the forward has lightning attack. It requires timing and precision to hit. (6, 6 damage)

Smashes:

fsmash: Similar to Wolf's Fsmash. It moves forward the same movement and speed as Wolf's but instead of just plowing through them, Paula stops just before the enemy and hits them with her frying pan. (15 damage, has somewhat low KO potential)

dsmash: Paula jumps and performs this a midair split kick hitting both sides (similar to that Princess in the movie Shrek). This can have a small sweet spot on both feet that can KO at 70%. Generally high damage and high KO potential (16 damage, 20 for sweet spot, 100-110% KO for non-sweetspotted hit).

usmash: Paula sweeps her arms in the air upwards three times. One is fire, other is ice, third is lightning. (5, 5, 5, not so powerful KO potential)

Air moves:

fair: A single strike she moves both her hands forward and strikes with fire, ice, and lightning at you at the same time. (12, low KO potential)

bair: Takes her teddy bear and does a single horizontal spin and hits you with it. (12, medium KO potential)

uair: She punches straight up in the air. (12, same KO potential as Lucas uair)

dair: Performs a multihitting kick like Peaches. (3, 3, 3, 4)

Grabs: (She has really good grabs, but no super KO type stuff like Ness bthrow)

A button: A headbutt just like Ness does.

Fthrow: She lets go then does a forward dropkick to their face. (11, somewhat strong KO potential)

Uthrow: Kicks them upwards in the air then shoots a small bolt of fire, then ice, then lightning. (3, 3, 3, 3, somewhat strong KO potential)

dthrow: Puts them on the floor then Paula jumps on them twice with the full weight of her body. (6, 7. low KO potential)

bthrow: She hits them with a teddy bear backwards. (10, not so strong KO potential)

B moves:

Neutral B: PK Freeze (Lucas gets PK Ground instead). You know about it already, but this PK freeze moves faster and stuns a bit longer.

Forward B: PK Fire (Ness should get a projectile PK Rockin that acts the same way). This is just like Ness PK fire except it does more damage so after all the 'fires' hit it does a total of 24% damage instead of 16-18% like Ness'.

Down B: PK Magnet. Same as Ness. No different instead she puts both her arms forward as the animation.

UP B: PK Thunder. (Ness will get PK Teleport, giving him one of the best airgames). Same as ness except PK Thunder 2 has a slightly larger sweet spot and kills at 45% anywhere. The tail is also 40% longer as well.

Final Smash:

Rainbow Light Prayer.

Paula closes her eyes then puts a single hand on her heart, then rainbow light fills the stage and all people in the same radius as Kirby's FS take about 30% damage and Paula heals 30% if it connects with at least with one person (it only heals 30%, no healing 90% if it hits 3 people) and causes good knockback, the same as Kirby's. Has a 5% chance of causing instant KO at whatever percentage.

Idea for victory pose: Paula would be putting on make up then she goes "huh?" as she looks at the camera.

Her voice would not be high pitched, but rather more lower pitched and mature. Not too low pitched like a man, but somewhat low because Ness has a higher pitch. Paula would be *slightly* heavier than Ness just because it's funny. :laugh:

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Heh, Ice Climbers series, The Kid Icarus game, as well as ROB, got one character as representation. Guess what, that's equal representation as METAL GEAR SOLID, a game that nintendo didn't even touch. nintendo already threw out the "how important it is to us is how many characters we'll put in " theory by doing this. Heck, Metroid, one of nintendo's flagship series dating back to the NES days with like 9 installments, got the same amount of respresentation as Pikmin! (if Zero suit samus counts as a separate character, than the Pikmin count as separate characters to Olimar). How does THAT even make sense?
Zero Suit Samus is a completely different character. Pikmin don't have their own movesets.

Metal Gear Solid is so freaking awesome it really doesn't matter.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Technically, he took Paula's PK fire and PK thunder but Poo can perform those too (if I remember correctly, it's been awhile since I last played Earthbound).

Top Bottom