• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 hands, 2 items?

Tera253

Smash Ace
would it be cool if you could wield 2 items that only required one hand? (so takes out barrle, box, hammer, etc)
to use: press A
to throw: press L and Z to throw the item in your left hand, R and Z for right
talking about items such as ray gun, fire flower, beamsword, and even Bo-bomb!

good idea, bad idea, or should Tera have just put duct tape over her mouth?
~Tera253~

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Only Shiek will/should be able to do that.
Since its OBVIOUS she will be in brawl.
(Whatever helps me sleep at night..)

Wrath`

Smash Master
Only Shiek will/should be able to do that.
Since its OBVIOUS she will be in brawl.
(Whatever helps me sleep at night..)
Just zelda sheek?Anyone with two hands could do it.But its to complicated tho a great idea

Tera253

Smash Ace
too bad for thge characters that have one hand filled. it's the same thing with only some characters being able to wall-jump.

nonetheless, Tera doesn't use items too much either; she just wanted to ask opinions.
~Tera253~

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
You know, I think Tera is going in the right direction with this one. I know I'd like some swordsman to wield to lightsabers simultaneously, namly Pit or Link. That would be tight!

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
SSJ4Kazuki would like to point everyone in the direction of his BAG idea.

Pick up a bag with A, and it would be auto put on your character's back.
Then when you pick up an item, press L and R to put the item away.

You can store up to 3 (one handed, holdable) items. No instant items.
The bag falls when you're hit hard enough, and the items stored just fall out.

To retrieve an item, hold L and R.
A small 3 squared inventory, the size of the NAME tag, will appear above your head.
Move the analog stick either LEFT, RIGHT or NO MOVE and press A to retrieve that item.
Your character will be free to re use it and even put it back again.

So, what does everyone think of SSJ4Kazuki's idea?
"Or should SSJ4Kazuki have just put duct tape over his mouth?"

~SSJ4Kazuki~

Toomai

Smash Ace
Toomai would like to point out that it's not a good thing to advertise your stuff in someone else's topic.

And now that we're all done referring to ourselves in the third person...

I think this idea could only be used for certain items, say the fan. Not things like Bob-ombs. (It'd be fun, but there would have to be some sort of equalizer, say lack of B moves until a hand is free.)

Tera253

Smash Ace

Pick up a bag with A, and it would be auto put on your character's back.
Then when you pick up an item, press L and R to put the item away.

You can store up to 3 (one handed, holdable) items. No instant items.
The bag falls when you're hit hard enough, and the items stored just fall out.

To retrieve an item, hold L and R.
A small 3 squared inventory, the size of the NAME tag, will appear above your head.
Move the analog stick either LEFT, RIGHT or NO MOVE and press A to retrieve that item.
Your character will be free to re use it and even put it back again.

So, what does everyone think of SSJ4Kazuki's idea?
"Or should SSJ4Kazuki have just put duct tape over his mouth?"

~SSJ4Kazuki~
whoa now, SSJ4, don't try to act weird just because Tera does. besides, you still have 90% of your posts to change.

anyway, there is that dark possibility that faster characters (lke C. Falcon, Fox, Sheik, Pikachu, etc.) could get back at you and hit you with a *slightly* charged smash attack while you're rummaging the inventory. after all, there wouldn't be a set order would there?

another thing: (to the general public) Tera actually does not care too much about this idea, she just wanted to see if anyone did. *ties herself to a tree and puts a chain in her mouth*

~Tera253~

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
i like the idea. Ice climbers can already do. Why not let more charcters do it. Though if they can pick up 4 it would be nasty.

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
If you could hold 2 items in your hands, then that would be so cheap

Just think of the combinations......

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i actually think the double items would be a pretty cool idea, of course it would only be certian items (probably mostly throwing items), but seriously, who wouldnt want to nail someone with two home run bats at once? althought it probably would be kind of compicated, and i know id get confused kind of easily as to what items im holding in which hand all the time...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think it would be needlessly complicated, and balancing would take even more time. Besides, not everyone has two hands- It would be a bit unfair if weapon users would be unable to do this or would have to sacrifice their attacks for it.
Though, double raygun would be kind of sweet. Or being able to use two fireflowers and spray to both sides... Captiain falcon shooting off six stars at once with the star rods... heh.
But anyway, cool as it could be, it seems impractical.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
*Imagines Ganondorf with two Super Scopes*
That would be awesome!
*Link with two beamswords sneaks up behind Ganondorf and charge smashes*
Wait, couldn't Link and Marth already use a sword and beamsword at the same time?

Wrath`

Smash Master
Two items woulndt be complicated,just when you have an item such as a beam sword you walk up to another item and pick like you normal would.The complicated part would be you could only pick up batering/shoting items as your first because if you had a projectile youd throw it when you try to pick somthing else up.Bu you could pick a pro. as your 2nd item though because you could throw it and not lose your first item.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Pikachu can't hold any items in it's stubs for hands, so it uses it's mouth. If it holds two items it must hold one in his mouth and the other up his......

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind that super scopes and Home run bats take two hand for most characters. Also, what of Mewtwo? I think Mewtwo should be able to triple wield. Also, L and Z and R and Z for getting rid of different items respectively isn't necessary when there are ZR and ZL buttons. Just saying.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Nothing anyone has posted sounds less complicated than the first post, which is complicated enough. I doubt we will be able to dual weild, this isn't Halo you know.

Ryuker Reo

Smash Apprentice
Even though I don't really care much about items, it sounds like a bad idea to me.
I think it would be a little too complicated. I mean, how would you choose which of the two items you want to use. Would there be a button you have to press to switch between them? Or would you use them at the same time? If you already have an item, how would you pick up another one with A without using the one you already have?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Awesome, Red Exodus likes it a lot. Watch out 3rd person talkers.

On topic: Would characters double throw projectiles or would they throw one at a time?

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
Why do you refer to yourself in the third person, Tera?

EDIT: In regards to the topic, I'm not much of a fan of it. But then again, I can't stand items anyway, so the idea is moot to me.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Why do you refer to yourself in the third person, Tera?
She already said she was weird...
EDIT: In regards to the topic, I'm not much of a fan of it. But then again, I can't stand items anyway, so the idea is moot to me.
Ya...they should get rid of all the items except the parasol. It'd be cool to dual wield the parasol, too.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Bad idea, Link would look silly with 2 items in hand and no sword or shield.

Top Bottom