• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 Days. 5 Slots (Presumably). Who will occupy them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I thought there was a Japanese commercial that said there was over 40 characters, so less than 51 for sure, which means at best there's 3 or maybe 4 more. That's just speculation but I'd be surprised if there's another 5
The commercial is only going to reference how many are confirmed plus a few more to keep people interested. It isn't going to outright say "more than 50" because that would spoil too much. Suggesting the roster is limited based on that simple wording is silly. Especially because with the three Mii styles, we already have 51 confirmed.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Based on an observation of the roster as it is, the characters who would fit the best are actually the cut characters and Mewtwo. A Rhythm Heaven will also fit with no problem. The characters who don't work are Mario, DK, Zelda and Metroid characters. There would have to be a lot of shifting to make them work. The top three rows are kind of stuck. The rows are more fluent in Fox's row. So, at the least

1. Ice Climbers
  2. Mewtwo
  3. Lucas
  4. Wolf
  5. Chorus Kids (RH in general)
I may be wrong, and I expect there may be two newcomers rather than two. I doubt they are ALL newcomers. Based on the leak as is, 15. 13 without the clones (which I expect were bonus characters and were not planned. It's likely why they are in their own spot. plus. Dr. Mario alt has been an idea for a while. )Two more would bring it to 17, 15 without clones. Lastly, it's likely there won't be 5. However, it is likely there may be at least three left. This would make the most sense as the Wii U can fit 51 with no problem. If it was just this, I'd say Wolf, Mewtwo and Chorus Kids. But who knows.

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
My List as a few Either Or, so thats what a / means in this context.

1.Ridley
2.Mewtwo
3.Wolf/Lucas (Preferably Both, but... But one over the other Wolf)
4.Dixie/K.Rool (Preferably K. Rool, But Dixie is more likely)
5.Impa/ Tetra (... Impa would be a clone... Sadly...)

This goes on the trophy theory of:
Newcomer Clone
Palutena Dark Pit
Robin Lucina
Sheik Impa
ZSS Ridley ------(Ridley could be here)

Sheik and ZSS on there because they are seperate... Ridley could be a Charizard Clone(PLZ NO)

MBakhsh

Smash Apprentice
1. Wolf
2. Ice Climbers
3. Lucas
4. Snake
5. Mewtwo

Can't see very many others being on this list. There are already 13 unique newcomers, 15 with the three Mii types, and characters weren't supposed to be the focus this time around. I find it highly unlikely that we'd be getting just as many newcomers as Brawl, especially if unique veterans are cut.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
1.Mewtwo
2.Ridley
3.either dixie kong or king k rool
4. a rythem heaven rep
5. A completly random newcomer/veteran (examples bandana dee/ mach rider) (but most likely another zelda rep.)

Last edited:

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
At this point, I'm reasonably sure that the final 5 will be:

1. Wolf
  2. Mewtwo
  3. Ridley
  4. Either Dixie Kong or K.Rool, with Dixie being more likely.
  5. Either Toon Zelda or Tetra with Toon Zelda being more likely.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Please:

1. Mewtwo
2. Dixie
3. K. Rool
4. Ridley
5. Chorus Kids

I certainly don't expect most of this, but man that would be the best. Please Sakurai.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
1 - Magikarp
2 - Tingle
3 - Captain Toad
4 - Dr. Luigi
5 - Pink Gold Peach

Ridley, Chorus Men, Mewtwo, Impa and Dixie

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Ridley
Ice Climbers
Sceptile (or Mewtwo)
K.Rool
A new WTF fighter no one expected

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
What I expect:
1. Something from Rhythm Heaven
2. Ridley
3. Mewtwo
4. Wolf
5. DK Newcomer

What I would like:
1. Ridley
2. Mewtwo
3. Wolf
4. K. Rool
5. Rayman

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
:mewtwopm:, :wolf: - Sure about these.
:lucas:, Isaac - I would rate them both better than 50% chance
:popo: - can't seem to decide between guaranteed and not likely, so lets put them in anyway.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
What I'd like to see...

Ridley
Dixie Kong
Mewtwo
Impa
Chorus Kids/Marshal/Whatever Rhythm Heaven rep is the flavor of the week.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Hmm....

1. Leonardo (Beacause he leads)
2. Donatello (Does machines)
3. Raphael (Is cool but crude)
4. Michaelangelo (Is a party dude)
5. Shrek (Most requested Miiverse character, du-uh)

:troll:

Nah for real!

Expect -

1. Dixie Kong
2. Ridley
3. Wolf
4. Ice Climbers
5. Lucas

Want -

1. King K. Rool
2. Isaac
3. Ice Climbers
4. Wolf
5. Marshall

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I think they will be following in Mario Kart 8's footsteps and the SIX will be:

Metal mario
Baby mario
Tanooki mario
Pink gold peach
Cat peach
Baby peach

I mean how could you even make a game without 4 marios and 4 peach's??

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
1. Dixie Kong. She ticks every box, basically. Popular and easy to model for, DK needs a 3rd rep and she is the next in line. I don't see K. Rool getting in unless there is a 4th DK rep.

2. Mewtwo. Popular, recently relevant again, and he already has a moveset from Melee. Obvious choice.

3. Ridley. Has been hyped and pined over for two games now. And has been teased and teased and teased. If he isn't in, I will genuinely be surprised at the gall of Nintendo.

Those three, to me, are the three locks if we are getting more characters. The other two depend on whether or not implementing the multi-model characters really was too difficult for the 3DS or not. If it wasn't:

4. Ice Climbers
5. Chorus Kids

And if it was:

4. Impa
5. Genuinely no clue. Could be anyone from Mach Rider to Sami to any one of the veterans yet to be revealed. However, I do feel like Lucas and Wolf were cut considering what Sakurai has said previously about cutting characters. I'm going to say Sami (stealing snakes moveset) just because that's what I want personally.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Expecting:
- Dixie: Sakurai adding characters that he couldn't from the previous games (Dr. Mario, Marth clone, possibly Mewtwo and Toon Zelda or Tetra). She's also playable in a new DK game.
- Zelda Newcomer: Either Impa, Toon Zelda, or Tetra
- Mewtwo: See Dixie's reason ^
- Ice Climber: Sakurai gets rid of the tag team gimmick, buffs Popo, and changes his recovery to the Condor. Nana is an alt for Popo.
- Unexpected Character

Want:
- Ms. Pac-Man: As an easy to make alt costume. Namco's chance at adding the 1st female character in a video game to fight in Smash.
- Medusa: I hope Sakurai pulls the bias card and adds her as the 4th KI rep.
- Cooking Mama: I like food and culinary. A chef character would be something I'd love to see.
- Sized Down N64 Andross: We still don't have the Star Fox villain yet (Wolf is not a villain), and character size isn't accurate in smash bros.
- Slippy: Snake clone. If Snake isn't in smash 4 and Sakurai wanted a character to inherit his move set than Slippy would be the first choice because they both are mercenaries who use the same kind of arsenal from their games (change Snake's specials to Assault weapons), and they actually had a conversation in Brawl about weapon versatility which led to Snake asking him to build a weapon for him next time they meet. Teach Slippy some CQC and he's the Dan Hibiki of Snake.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You seem to forget Mii Fighter is taking at least one of those slots. Possible three.

So;
1. Mii Fighter (Confirmed)
2. Mewtwo
3. Ice Climbers
4. Dixie Kong/Impa
5. Karate Joe/Lucas/Wolf

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Who will occupy these five slots?

All of them will be taken up by Ridley.

Dixie Kong's the only one I could even take a guess at this point. Others will probably be the veterans, as dull an answer as that is.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I don't have expectations. But what's most reasonable to me is:
1. Mewtwo
2. Ridley
3. Dixie Kong
4. Wolf
5. Lucas

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Let's see... I'll briefly explain each one and why I put them there.

1. Ridley: Self explanatory. Has been teased, has been asked for by fans for 13 years and Sakurai is fully aware of it. He said he couldn't find a way for him to work, but he said the same about Villager and Mii and there we have them.
2. King K. Rool: One of the most requested characters around the world. Main antagonist for the fourth biggest Nintendo franchise and very unique all around. He HAS to be in, DK needs more representation.
3. Mewtwo: The most requested character around the world. Has veteran status, and Dr. Mario is in, so it would be VERY unlikely not to have him back.
4. Impa: If the Trophy Theory is right, which, so far, it is, and we get Ridley, then Impa is a shoe-in. She's also the fourth most important character on the Zelda series, so it would make sense.

And I have several choices for number five:

- Dixie Kong: Has earned a lot of popularity recently, and DK deserves more representation. It wouldn't surprise me to see her come along with K. Rool. She would likely be a Diddy clone.
- Isaac: A big series without representation, Golden Sun needs more love. He was an AT back in Brawl, but so was Little Mac. Would be very unique and a great addition to the roster.
- Chorus Men: If the Gematsu leak was right, then they should take this last spot. The fact that a Sneaky Spirit appears on Smash Run further supports this theory.
- Wolf / Lucas / Ice Climbers: Maybe one of the cut characters isn't really cut.
- Mii: I hope it's not the case, but the Mii might end up taking a slot for themselves. I honestly expect them to have their own way of selecting them.

Kokopops

Smash Rookie
I'll edit in my reasoning ater:

1. Mewtwo
2. Dixie/King K.Rool
3. Ridley
4. Chorus Men
5. Impa

D

Deleted member

Hmm... this will be a bit tricky...

1. Wolf - I don't think that he is out of the running just yet. I can see him be an unlockable character like he was in Brawl. Although the leak states he's cut, I don't think that we can say this for sure.
2. A 3rd Donkey Kong Character - I think that one might happen. I have to give the edge to Dixie Kong since she has a design similar to another character (Diddy Kong), is easily semi-clonable, has been revived in Tropical Freeze, and the demand for a 3rd DK character is popular in general.
3. Rhythm Heaven rep - Rhythm Heaven is pretty popular and has sold a lot of copies. It would be hard to overlook this franchise, especially when Xenoblade has a rep. I can't say for sure who it would be... I'm leaning more towards Marshal.
4. Bandana Dee - I dunno... it seems odd to put Little Mac next to the Kirby characters. Like, I think I could pick up his slot, move it to another place, and put Bandana Dee in his place. I don't expect him, but he is entirely possible.
5. Mewtwo - Pretty popular Pokemon, most requested character worldwide, and cut characters can return thanks to Dr. Mario's presence. I think he could happen.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If I'm not mistaken, I remember hearing that when customization is on, the Random slot becomes Miis, at least on the Wii U version. I could be wrong though but it seems unlikely they'll take up one of the 5 slots.
Anyway...
Wants:
1. Marshal
2. Wolf
3. Lucas
4. Snake
5. either Neku Sakuraba if another 3rd party is considered, or
post-Prison Island!Fiora
though they're both pretty much a stretch and would have better chances as DLC (since Metal Face is IMO more likely to be a stage boss). I'd kinda think the Ice Climbers could be patched in via free update later on.

Expectations:
1. Impa
2. Dixie
3. Ridley
4. Mewtwo
5. Wolf

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I think Mewtwo, Dixie, Chorus Men, and Ridley are very likely.

I'm going out on a limb my 5th character King K Rool.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
1. Ridley
Call it what you will, but I'm still holding out hope. I feel like Sakurai's been beating around the bush with him for a reason, if he wanted to deconfirm Ridley he'd go ahead and do it.

2. Chorus Kids/Marshal (Are they the same? I don't know anything about Rhythm Heaven)
Chorus Kids have been teased in 2 leaks now, but haven't been mentioned by Sakurai at any point, short of an RH enemy in Smash Run. Seems like a character they'd want to keep secret if they were in, much like Duck Hunt or ROB.

3. Dixie/Impa
I feel like one of these could make it in, but not both. Just a hunch. I'm leaning more towards Dixie.

4. Mewtwo
It's clear that Sakurai hasn't forgotten about Melee characters, since Dr. Mario is back. Plus with Mewtwo being featured in X/Y with his new Megas, it seems like him coming back isn't too Farfetch'd.

5. King K. Rool
I have no basis for this, just let me dream ok?

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
1. Mewtwo
It's rather obvious a choice, as Mewtwo is the most popular of a choice and the fact that Doc Mario is returning, gives us hope.

2. Vaati
I can count Vaati as he does have his own uniqueness in the Zelda series, and is the only secondary main villain to have appeared in more than one game (2 games), and is, as well, one of the main villains in his own game (Four Swords). He's appeared in three total Zelda games as a villain, so he's pretty much more likely, in my opinion, than Impa or the rest.

3. Leon S. Kennedy
Probably the only feasible M-rated 3rd party character that could make it into the game, Leon could sport an arsenal similar to Snake, but with new attributes. Now even though he's a Capcom character, and we have a representative for it, I still think Sakurai looks more into series for third parties rather than a third party company representative overall. Plus...let's be honest, Leon's appeared far more than Snake did, so if anyone can replace Snake, it's him.

4. Impa/Zant/Young Link
Now for Impa to be in, yes, it would add a good new Zelda representative, as she's the most likely Zelda character, as well as another female fighter. Of course, Zant could also be a character in the game, seeing as he has appeared in Twilight Princess, just like how Ganondorf, Link and Zelda's looks are based from, giving him better credibility.

Now, I wouldn't count out Young Link just yet. If they're returning clone characters with different capabilities and aesthetics, I think Young Link should obviously have a returning spot, albeit similar to his Majora's Mask counterpart, in which he has the Gilded Sword, is heavier, and has a new arsenal overall.

5. Sora
While as highly unlikely as he really is, Sora still has a shot for the game, though it's questionable whether or not he could be in the game. I still have hope.

These are my opinions, so take them lightly.

Raijinken

Smash Master
  1. Lucas. Mother deserves more than one rep.
  2. Ridley. Metroid deserves more than one person representing (even if she's in two forms)
  3. Mewtwo. As much as I don't want more Pokemon, I like him more than Greninjajaja and thus want him in.
  4. Wolf. He had a refreshing fighting style after the other two spacefurries.
  5. Black Shadow. F-Zero deserves another rep.
Those are my ideal hopes. I'd not mind ICs returning, and KRool would be cool, and I'd love to get Isaac and/or an Advance Wars rep, and Snake was fun, but those five are more important to me.

And I hope that no matter what else happens, the Chorus Kids are only an Assist Trophy at best. I haven't seen such unappealing characters since Biker Wario.

Last edited:

kdubb

Smash Rookie
imo, it is much sadder to see the cut of total original characters. While not getting a desired newcomer isn't prefered you can't necessarily miss something you never had... It's much easier to be bitter about the exclusion of ice climbers then it is to be bitter about the exclusion of Ridley, since we never really KNEW Ridley in the first place. Although the crazed amount of supporters for Ridley here might chop off Mario, Pikachu and Samus herself to get him in hahaha. Kidding of course.

But since I have a veteran bias, I would choose...
1-Ice Climbers
2-Mewtwo
3-Lucas
4-Snake (Although I personally don't like Snake in Smash much)
5- .... Pichu.... > : )

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
While I do think that there's a good chance that there are more characters than that shown (one of the POTDs by Sakurai strongly hinted it, and we've had plenty of other evidence to suggest it), I'm trying not to get my hopes too high that there are more, just to avoid disappointment.

If we do get more, I wouldn't rule out it being less than 5 either. Depending on how the Mii's are selected.

So if we do get more, I'm going to go on record and say that it will comprise mostly of the following:

Definitely:
Ridley

Probably:
Wolf
Dixie
Mewtwo

With the last potential slot being one of the following:
Ice Climbers
Lucas
Impa or Tetra

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Snake
Wolf
Ice Climbers
2 of these 3: Lucas, Mewtwo or RH Rep

Remember, we were already nearing the bottom of the barrel with new comers before Robin..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom