• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 Days. 5 Slots (Presumably). Who will occupy them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*

So much people are gonna get Sakurai'd. Not gonna bet on anyone but I'm betting against Mewtwo for the worst

I'm guessing maybe 2 out of the 5 characters are pretty much "out-of-there" type of characters. Not on the levels of WFT or ROB but, it's probably some character that no one would've probably guessed. Also betting that only one of the 5 mysterious characters are clones. That's where Dixie comes in. The other one might be either Wolf or Ice Climbers or simply a new character that falls under "Requested heavily" so that's where K. Rool or Ridley come in. So, the layout for me goes like this

1) Clone/Semi-clone
2) Requested character
3) Veteran/Requested character
4) Semi-unpredictable character
5) Semi-unpredictable character

Just my guess and my opinion. I'm thinking like a psycho here.

Edit: Chorus Men is unknown to me but they're possibly in my list also

Last edited:

Roxas215

Smash Lord
DLC is def going to be a thing thanks to MK8 dlc. Not counting the cut vets I would think Issac is def int he running for a dlc spot(Assuming the remaining 5 gives us at least 2/3 of the big 3 or dixie.)

But logically thinking again the dlc is probably going to go to the cut characters(At the very least IC's and Wolf. Theres really no good reason at all why their cut. The others i understand)

Freduardo

Smash Champion
What I'd like:

1) Vaati
2) Fawful
3) Ridley
4) Cranky Kong
5) Ice Climbers

What I'll Get
1) Mewtwo
2) Rhythym Heaven Person or people
3) Lucas
4) Wolf
5) Baby Rosalina

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Trade Isaac or dixie for wolf and if kill as well.
Cut Dixie. Two new DK reps would be a bit much and K. Rool deserves a spot more. Isaac definitely needs a spot. That would make the top 5 to be:

1) Mewtwo
2) Ridley
3) K. Rool
4) Wolf
5) Isaac

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Both Dixie and K rool equally deserves to be in.
I think K. Rool deserves a bigger spot but each to their own. Isaac does deserve a spot himself though and he has been more demanded than Dixie. K. Rool on the other hand has been demanded more than each.

I still want Isaac in, add anyone else, I am all game :)

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
4. That the leak edit that suggested Mewtwo, Ridley, Chorus Men and Dixie is fake, and thus the five are totally unknown.
I think I've asked this before. But is there any theories floating around that suggest this leak is fake (I don't have access to the leak group)? Or is this just a rule added to actually allow people to pick their 5?

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
1. Mewtwo
2. Ridley
3. Dixie or K. Rool
4. Impa
5. Wolf

Does anyone think it's possible Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are in because ICs and Chorus Kids got scrapped? I'm starting to think this, but there's no evidence pointing to it.

Edit: who I want
1. Isaac
2. Ice Climbers
3. Mewtwo
4. Impa
5. Ridley

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
1. Mewtwo
2. Ridley
3. Dixie or K. Rool
4. Impa
5. Wolf

Does anyone think it's possible Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are in because ICs and Chorus Kids got scrapped? I'm starting to think this, but there's no evidence pointing to it.
Oi you forgot to mention Isaac! Your signature says otherwise.

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
My Wants:
1. Ridley (Newcomer, Mostly Unique Move-set)
2. Wolf (Veteran, Unchanged from Brawl)
3. Mewtwo (Veteran, with Mega Y)
4. K. Rool (Newcomer, Mostly Unique Move-set)
5. Tetra (Newcomer, Mostly Unique Move-set)

My Expectations
1. Ridley (Newcomer, Mostly Unique Move-set)
2. Wolf (Veteran, Unchanged from Brawl)
3. Mewtwo (Veteran, with Mega Y)
4. Dixie (Newcomer, Semi- Clone of Diddy)
5. Impa (Newcomer, Clone of Sheik)

BertholdtFubar

Smash Cadet
berserker01 raises a good point. Working on the assumption that we're getting five more characters, I bet 1, maybe 2 would be unpredictable.

With the sheer amount of hype and some teases behind them, Ridley and Mewtwo are definitely the top two candidates. To a lesser extent K. Rool, because despite lack of relevance, popularity alone might have been enough for him. I also would prefer to believe that DK isn't getting screwed this franchise, and a new rep would make up for the lack of everything else. Dixie could also work; it could go either way, because while K. Rool is more popular and requested, Dixie has had recent appearances and would be easier to add in as a semi-clone.

There's an interesting case with Isaac; of all the potential characters to get upgraded from Assist Trophy to playable, most of them have been shown as ATs again (like Waluigi). The lack of anything involving Isaac as a returning AT makes me think he has a chance as well.

So while my ideal top five is in my sig, here are what I think is most likely:

1. Ridley
2. Mewtwo
3. A DK rep
4. Something likely (Isaac, a Zelda rep, or a Brawl vet)
5. Something unpredictable

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Mewtwo (legend in the pokemon series, only pokemon who deserves it more than him is Pikachu imo. He also has just about everything going for him.)

King K Rool (DK is one of Ninty's top series and it has only 2 reps, plus dixie is somewhat deconfirmed with the Diddy alt. with her colors)

Ice Climbers(unique idea at the time, feels like they have become a staple in the series)

Random(another Zelda character possibly)

Random(maybe Capt. Toad to promote new game)

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I'll say it: the big three, impa and wolf That would make up for the other disappointing blows I've had to endure.

That said I could see Dixie mewtwo marshal Mach rider and a random unexpected character.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What I'd like to see: Snake, Ice Climbers, Ridley, Mewtwo, and a Donkey Kong newcomer (Dixie or K. Rool)

What we'll likely get: Mewtwo, Impa, Chorus Men, Lucas, and Wolf (possibly replacing Lucas and Wolf with Squirtle and Ivysaur)

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I'll say it: the big three, impa and wolf That would make up for the other disappointing blows I've had to endure.

That said I could see Dixie mewtwo marshal Mach rider and a random unexpected character.
Wolf and Dixie are basically deconfirmed because Fox was given an alt. with Wolfs colors and Diddy was given one with Dixies colors

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Mewtwo (legend in the pokemon series, only pokemon who deserves it more than him is Pikachu imo. He also has just about everything going for him.)

King K Rool (DK is one of Ninty's top series and it has only 2 reps, plus dixie is somewhat deconfirmed with the Diddy alt. with her colors)

Ice Climbers(unique idea at the time, feels like they have become a staple in the series)

Random(another Zelda character possibly)

Random(maybe Capt. Toad to promote new game)
Or we might get:

Toon Dr. Dark Metal Tanooki Mario Jr

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Who I want:

1. King K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Ice Climbers
4. Wolf
5. Mewtwo

Who I expect:

1. Nothing
2. Nothing
3. Nothing
4. Nothing
5. Pseudo Palutena

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo:

Mewtwo is an absolute, total, 110% lock.

Bringing back Dr. Mario is the final bit of proof that tips Mewtwo's likelihood to absolute. There's no way Sakurai would bring back Dr. Mario, and not Mewtwo, who is millions of times more requested and would require little effort due to his move set being basically already in place from Melee.

Dixie:

Just under Mewtwo in likelihood, mainly because she was planned for Brawl, and could be a Diddy third-clone with a couple unique moves.

Ridley:

A very good chance in my eyes, (about 85%). He's become larger than Smash Bros itself at this point (well, you can get than impression sometimes at least). I'd say he's even more requested than Mewtwo at this point due to sheer number of people worldwide who'd go crazy with happiness if he got in as a playable character.

Ridley also already has a bunch of design work and moves to draw from that were done for his two appearances in Brawl, his trailer appearance in Melee, etc.

The final 2 slots:

These are the real question marks, and much depends on whether Sakurai can get Ice Climbers and Chorus Men working on the 3DS by the time the Wii U version comes out. If he can, then those two are the most likely final two. I'm doubting Marshall as a replacement for Chorus Men because I think the whole point of Chorus Men originally was for the three of them to have a rhythm-based move set that necessitated having 3 separate characters onscreen.

If he can't get Ice Climbers and Chorus Men working on the 3DS, then the last two spots will probably go to Impa, as Zelda is a hugely important series for Nintendo and hasn't gotten a new rep since Melee, and Wolf, due to the new Star Fox coming out next year.

So here are my predictions, from most to least likely (most likely at top):

Mewtwo
Dixie
Ridley
Ice Climbers / Impa
Wolf

Slyphoria

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SquidWithGlasses
3DS FC
4184-1884-8690
1. Marshall, Chorus Kids, or other Rhythm Heaven rep.
2. Mewtwo.
3. Ridley.
4. Wolf
5. Bandana Dee.

Ice Climbers, you won't be missed.

Last edited:

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
Actually, I want to change what I said. I'd rather have the Ice Climbers and Lucas return in addition to having Mewtwo, Ridley and the Chorus Men/Marshal. I'll wait for next time for Dixie, Impa, and/Or Mach Rider.

Also, surprised a lot of people want Wolf back. Not that I don't want him back, but still...

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I think I've asked this before. But is there any theories floating around that suggest this leak is fake (I don't have access to the leak group)? Or is this just a rule added to actually allow people to pick their 5?
That part of the text leak was edited in, and the OP who correctly stated everything else (clown car Jr., Shulk, Dark Pit, etc.) admitted that he never said Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men and Dixie. Someone edited those in to his post.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This thread assumes a few things:

2. That is also wasn't complete at the time of the screencap (not certain, but very likely based on what we know).
Saying "very likely" is highly optimistic.
I'd say based on the information we have, that it's more likely we've seen the final roster.

MBakhsh

Smash Apprentice
Saying "very likely" is highly optimistic.
I'd say based on the information we have, that it's more likely we've seen the final roster.
To be honest, I'm leaning toward this conclusion more and more every day. The only thing that baffles me is Shulk not being on the row above him which would clean up the roster, but of course there's also Yoshi and Game & Watch and Little Mac who all seem out of place.
At this point, I'd be shocked to see any more newcomers, and Mewtwo isn't looking too hot either. Some unconfirmed veterans might have a chance if we're lucky...
Welp, I'm changing my prediction:
1. Wolf
2. welp
3. welp
4. welp
5. welp

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I know we shouldn't hold any precedent like this, but another thing that needs to be taken into account is that, in every previous game, at least 1/3 of the roster was unlockable (4/12 in 64, 11/25 in Melee, 14/37 (counting Sheik and ZSS) in Brawl), so to have just 12 unlockables (Dark Pit, Jr., Wario, Game and Watch, R.O.B., Ganon, Lucina, Doc, Ness, DHD, Jiggs and Falco) with 38 starting characters (counting Miis, whom are most likely available from the start but have their own menu) seems a little underwhelming, and doesn't leave much to unlock. I feel like we haven't seen the final roster yet. Why would a game with many more characters have 2 LESS unlockables than Brawl, and only 1 more than Melee?

Boofer

Smash Ace
Isaac seems more popular than I thought. I just feel like his franchise is too old/irrelevant to permit him as an Nintendo All-Star. Soooooo much move potential though...

If I were Sakurai, I'd probably do a LOT of fan service. I hate to sound like that spoiled parent, but there are definitely some fan favorites that would make a LOT of people happy. I'd pop in Ridley, K Rool, Isaac, and Mewtwo for the fans. I'm not even a K Rool or Ridley fan.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Well, the Mii Fighters are after Sonic on the character select screen, so that means there's four characters left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom