• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2/23/08 Cleveland OH BRAWL tournament

vidjogamer

Smash Master
IMPORTANT: BRING SETUPS

Yes this is a brawl tournament. You dont have to own the game to come. Everyone is welcome.
Please post to give me an idea about how many will be attending. I think this is a a great way to give people who dont own the game a chance to play it before its US release.

Time: Saturday @ 11:00 AM Sharp. Dont be late!

Entree fee:
Singles = $10
Doubles = $10 each
Door Fee = $5 ($0 if you bring a setup)

Rules:
Sets of 3.
Advanced slobs.
Round Robin or some variation of it.(This gives everyone the chance to play a lot of games.)
3 stock (4 if time allows)
No Items.
Team attack on.
Marth is banned.
Banned stage list coming soon!

We will have a melee side tourney if there is interest.
Address will be posted tomorrow. Please let me know if you plan on attending or bringing a setup. Thank you.

Marth isnt really banned....

Address:
38101 Colorado Ave.
Avon, OH 44011

Directions:
Take I-90 E/W to exit 151 turn east off the exit ramp. (thats AWAY from the gas station and the mcdonalds.) I live on this road. You will pass BJ's Wholesale club on the left and Rays Auto on the right. My house is a few after those establishments. Its located on the right. There is a long driveway going to the house. My driveway is connected to my neighbors driveway. Mine is the one on the LEFT. Park in the turnaround if there is room, otherwise line down the right side of the driveway. Please do NOT park in the neighbors driveway.
Please carpool if possible to avoid not having enough room for parking.

I am having this at my parents house as to prevent costs of a venue fee. Please be courteous of the people living here and their belongings. The tournament will be in the basement. Please enter through the basement door. Its around back. Look for stairs that go DOWN. Dont see it? Keep looking.

Revven

FrankerZ
It depends on where it is located as far as me going goes.

Edit: We'll see though, if it's close to me (as in, not so far away but a good 20-30 minute distance) then I'll def. plan on going. If it isn't... then you know, I can't go. We'll see though, maybe if it's too far away and someone near me is going I can get a ride with them. But, uhh, yeah don't count me out yet.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
C.R.A.P.

Quite possibly one of the best turnouts since the tourney with PA, Woo Crew, and all of the regular locals and I can't come. **** job... >.>

Have fun guys.

It's too bad that it can't be rescheduled for little 'ol me. :(

4% APR

Smash Champion
We'll see, I don't really want to go to tournament for a game i've never played

Revven

FrankerZ
All characters will be available for play.
all characters will be available for play.
Thanks for the quick response guys! There is NO way I am missing out on this now. I will most likely be there... I'll find a way. It'd be helpful if it were close to me (but, I doubt it). As long as it isn't too far away from where I live I should be able to join you all. :D

sKatZ

Smash Apprentice
i like how ur having a brawl tourny before its even been officialy released. lolz. but i cant go, im gonna be outa town

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
lol marth...

um where's the venue?

don't you think the entry fee is a bit steep? doubles: 15 per person or team?

this should work out perfectly because I am taking Nico to the airport at 10:30 on this day so I will finally have free time again, and if its out in the cleveland area I'll already be there :)

vidjogamer

Smash Master
Thats fine BigC.
I did want to make a point that due to lack of setups, those who dont enter will not get to play a lot of games until after the tournies take place. If we get enough setups we can have a friendly brawl setup. You'll be able to play melee for sure though. So if people want to play melee friendlies, bring melee setups.

If anyone needs housing let me know asap.

vidjogamer

Smash Master
Thanks for the quick response guys! There is NO way I am missing out on this now. I will most likely be there... I'll find a way. It'd be helpful if it were close to me (but, I doubt it). As long as it isn't too far away from where I live I should be able to join you all. :D
I dont know where in cleveland you live, but im sure there are lots of smashers who will be willing to car pool with you. There are lots of cleveland smashers downtown and in the surrounding suburbs. Chances are you'll be able to hitch a ride with someone.

vidjogamer

Smash Master
lolz, well i suppose if you bring a setup. but we will still be using it. ty =D

btw, those who dont bring a setup, take note of what i said to bigc. do not plan on coming without entering for a chance to play brawl. we simply will not have enough setups to let people play friendlies. the game isnt even released yet. if you want a chance to play the game, enter the tournament and you'll get to play tons of matches.

x1372

Smash Ace
I'm planning to come, but I'd really prefer if the price was cut to 10 bucks each. Seriously, since most people haven't played it and all, 30 bucks is a bit steep.

vidjogamer

Smash Master
I figured we'd do 15 to attract the out of staters.
MI and IL are coming.
Fifteen gives them an incentive to drive all the way out here.
On top of that, all the local tournies around here have 15 dollar fees.

Revven

FrankerZ
I dont know where in cleveland you live, but im sure there are lots of smashers who will be willing to car pool with you. There are lots of cleveland smashers downtown and in the surrounding suburbs. Chances are you'll be able to hitch a ride with someone.
I hope so, I really need to get out and play Smash with other people in Cleveland besides the people I already know. :)

vidjoe

Smash Rookie
push 10 dollars per player for teams

My brother and I are coming, and we could possibly bring a set up but i need to talk to you about that before i know for sure, jesse give me a call.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
There's no incentive to come to try and win money at a game you've never played before. :p

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I'm considering coming, but I really don't think I can just cough up $15 to lose at a game I've never played before... :ohwell:

I just have to play it...and perhaps meet more of the people I will be pwning in the near future...

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm considering coming, but I really don't think I can just cough up $15 to lose at a game I've never played before... :ohwell:

I just have to play it...and perhaps meet more of the people I will be pwning in the near future...
I know... but, he did say that if people brought set ups we could have friendlies going on at the same time. Though, that's only if there's enough set ups... :urg:

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
price drop isnt bad but ill pay whatever at this point to play a little bit of brawl
ill be bringing my tv and wii just incase we might need it and thats if i can come, silhouette kinda got me into trouble last time for driving him out to Big C's house

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vidjo, keep up to date with the # of Brawl setups on the main post yo ;)

Top Bottom