• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1up Show 8.8 (Featuring: nealdt, Gimpyfish, & HugS)

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOL you're doing one hell of a job repping the community at SBR, wwepatriot. I'm sure the hard-working admins over there appreciate your support, and I'm equally sure you're convincing loads of players to join the site with your well-written posts and overall positive attitude.

gooseman

Smash Cadet
OK guys, you got me. I... I just...

I just get this massive hard-on when I expose these +wa+s for the elitist tourneyfa*s they are. I just can't stop. Someone get me some medication.

wwepatriot

Smash Cadet
Ya well your logic is wrong because the name I use on SBR is not the same one I use on here.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
Let's just stop feeding the trolls. We can't help that they're oblivious, ignorant, and *******es.

Awesome segment... we East Coast smashers agree with you wholeheartedly.

D

Deleted member

Saw this earlier this morning. I wish, I wish so bad, that their videos loaded faster. This way I could skip over all the Smashboards parts.

What I expected is exactly what I got: BAAAAWWing that Brawl is not Melee 2.0. I loved how li was was kinda taken aback by the general idiocy of the trio. What a group of sad excuses for gamers.

I just wish that they could have gotten someone, ANYONE besides a couple of textbook tourney***s from Smashboards to represent the hardcore Smash fanbase. I feel fu<king embarrassed. Guilty by association, if you will. (Association being someone who plays high level Smash for years.)
Agreed, just most people don't have the balls to say it and are too busy sucking those guy's *****.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
OK guys, you got me. I... I just...

I just get this massive hard-on when I expose these +wa+s for the elitist tourneyfa*s they are. I just can't stop. Someone get me some medication.
Why is this idiot not banned yet? No wonder this community is continuously going further down the ****ter every day.

Someone please give me mod powers.

-Kimosabae

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
I quite enjoyed that, it was nicely in-depth, good talking and good montage.

EDIT: reading this thread, I'm quite surprised. It didn't come over as tourney***gotry at all, and was just about how Brawl differs from Melee. They never said it was necessarily worse - I believe they said there were more options defensive-wise, but throws have become useless or something of the sort.

wwepatriot

Smash Cadet
Agreed, just most people don't have the balls to say it and are too busy sucking those guy's *****.
Sucking their ***** aint the word for it, you think they were some guys in black suits and the ones sucking theirs ***** is department of defense making sure they keep their precious backyard tourney pros safe from ridicule and truth of what really happens and goes on with them. Its like I said earlier, knowing the attention ***** gimpy is, I wouldnt be surprised he setup the whole 1up thing himself.

I got another question about SWF to, if anyone is donating money to this site, you better look to see where its going or else this place might be committing fraud.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Good 1up show. Gimpy, Hugs and Nealdt all did fairly well, although Gimpy... you and Hugs should try and explain more to the uninitiated. Neal was having to cover that for you. I could understand you, but that segments going to be seen by more than just smashers-- essentially it's meant as a primer to non competitive smashers as a look into the competitive aspect.

And really, there's no point looking at those two idiots previously in the topic. They just want attention, and think being cynical is gonna make them look interesting.

They'd probably feel better if we called the board SmashFAQS.

wwepatriot

Smash Cadet
Us wanting attention, good one.

this coming from someone from SWF where Gimpy and the Buttercup gang hang out.

gooseman

Smash Cadet
Smashf*gs, good idea. You and the gamef*gs Melee board do share alot in common after all.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Well prove me wrong jerk off and maybe I wont label you. But your crap name and post history speak otherwise. It's ****in obvious your either a troll-- or want people to think you're cool. Half of GAF and SRK would probably laugh at you right now along with half of General brawl.

But alas, you're going to keep on posting, thinking it makes you intelligent. Where do you go WWE? Where XXX and Bill Goldberg have fake sports sessions? How's 1999 by the way? Seeing as you probably live there, because that's the last time professional wrestling had any sort of relevancy.

And really? Wwepatriot and Gooseman? Jesus people, you know you suck when your name sounds even more uneven and stupid then mine. Then again, your post content doesn't help either.

wwepatriot

Smash Cadet
only one who gives a **** about gimpyfish or anyone else like him is your *** kissers on SWF, last time I looked SWF dont make up the entire Smash Bros community.

So far all you have done is be a winey ***** who cant accept the truth.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
only one who gives a **** about gimpyfish or anyone else like him is your *** kissers on SWF, last time I looked SWF dont make up the entire Smash Bros community.

So far all you have done is be a winey ***** who cant accept the truth.
I just mentioned SRK and GAF, didn't I?

And look at you? Awww... you're losing the argument so you're resorting to cursing. That'll get your point across! Won't it!

Would you like a tissue? Here, tell you what... I'll write out your next post for you...

"YOU'RE A GIMPY FISH FAN BOY! **** **** PISS **** **** MOTHER****ER *** **** ****"

Is that better? Or here...

"(INSERT COMPETITIVE PLAYER) IS YOUR IDOL! AND ALL YOU ARE A BUNCH OF SMASH ***S! **** ****! YOU HEAR ME? ALL OF YOU ****!"

It must be hard... I know...

Here...

Let me link you back home: http://www.fanforum.com/f43/

TheTruth07

Smash Rookie
So, in summary, shaddup and be happy about it. I think they did right by all of you. :)

-Ryan
Ryan, I hope you don't find this thread to be a representation of the entire smash community. While our community does have a few jacka sses like the few here who feel the need to complain about everything, for the most part, Smash players aren't like this.

Hugs, Gimpdy, and Neal did a good job representing our community, much better than those of you here who feel compelled to talk ****. What does your complaining about their appearance on the show do to help our image?

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Ryan, I hope you don't find this thread to be a representation of the entire smash community. While our community does have a few jacka sses like the few here who feel the need to complain about everything, for the most part, Smash players aren't like this.

Hugs, Gimpdy, and Neal did a good job representing our community, much better than those of you here who feel compelled to talk ****. What does your complaining about their appearance on the show do to help our image?
I think Ry' can tell who the mature people are amongst the community. It's fine. I really don't think Gimpy and all should worry about these two.

gooseman

Smash Cadet
I simply must know:

How does Ryan's d*ck taste? Or have you not gotten to that yet, with Ryan being balls deep in redrapper at the moment?

Seriously, you don't get much higher on the prima donna scale than someone who apologizes "on behalf of so-and-so."

Get a room.

wwepatriot

Smash Cadet
as far as I am concerned, the SWF community is what drags Smash bros through the mud when it comes to competitive play.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Wow. The mods on this site are awful.

-Kimosabae
Is that because we didn't immediately respond to an argument in the early hours of a Saturday morning? I checked my inbox and didn't notice any reports from you. I'd recommend you try reporting posts to moderators before you nominate yourself as one.

As for everyone else: it would be appreciated if those of you who are feeding the trolls would let it go, report their posts (as only a few of you did), and move on. Do everyone a favor and watch the video before you comment on it, and if something still irks you or if you want to be critical, go for it--but remain respectful (as you should always be) and identify what exactly it was that you didn't like. If it's just "these guys are [insert derogatory expression]" then you'll probably just find yourselves banned.

wwepatriot -- I feel kind of obligated to point out that not a single SWF administrator is from California (or even West Coast), and as someone who lives in the Northeast, I don't agree with you at all that this site is California-centric. And if you're going to make accusations about fraud, you'd better be willing to back it up. Since I already know you can't, though, I'm not going to put up with it.

Now to veer this thread back on topic: I thought the interview was really good. Not too much in the way of strategies (but that comes later I guess) but still a really nice way to give people a bit of insight into the community. Kudos to all involved.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Is that because we didn't immediately respond to an argument in the early hours of a Saturday morning? I checked my inbox and didn't notice any reports from you. I'd recommend you try reporting posts to moderators before you nominate yourself as one.
You got me there. That post was made more out of frustration than anything, though.

I fail to see how wwepatriot didn't at least receive a few infraction points.

-Kimo

SanjiWatsuki

Smash Cadet
I enjoyed the review. It didn't seem very "tourney***"ish to me. People see what they want to see, I suppose.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Alright, alright.

well I already stated that I thought they did a good job. They were fairly frank, and besides Hugs who didn't shave(Which I don't think was that big of a deal. The mini beard works for you), you guys presented yourselves pretty well. You talked coherently and seemed to be on your game. So well done.

Aberu

Smash Cadet
My summary of the section talking about the changes of the game is....

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hahaha wow these randoms are dumb i cant even believe it XD

having legitimate conversation about the games competitive potential = BAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWing?

LOL

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
As for "HugS and Gimpy need to explain things better", well, that was as intended. I have a good intuition about how to explain things to unfamiliar people; it's my JOB as a teacher, after all. So I told those two to not worry too much about phrasing; I brought them along for expert opinions (being significantly better players than I) and offered to clear things up during the video whenever I felt they needed additional explanations, like Diddy's dash attack.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
As for "HugS and Gimpy need to explain things better", well, that was as intended. I have a good intuition about how to explain things to unfamiliar people; it's my JOB as a teacher, after all. So I told those two to not worry too much about phrasing; I brought them along for expert opinions (being significantly better players than I) and offered to clear things up during the video whenever I felt they needed additional explanations, like Diddy's dash attack.
Oh okay. I was just checking. I just thought it was as if you guys went there and Hugs and Gimpy were going on and on, and you were pretty much the translator to the 1up crew.

That's not the case then so that's cool. Good job.

wwepatriot

Smash Cadet

As for everyone else: it would be appreciated if those of you who are feeding the trolls would let it go, report their posts (as only a few of you did), and move on. Do everyone a favor and watch the video before you comment on it, and if something still irks you or if you want to be critical, go for it--but remain respectful (as you should always be) and identify what exactly it was that you didn't like. If it's just "these guys are [insert derogatory expression]" then you'll probably just find yourselves banned.

wwepatriot -- I feel kind of obligated to point out that not a single SWF administrator is from California (or even West Coast), and as someone who lives in the Northeast, I don't agree with you at all that this site is California-centric. And if you're going to make accusations about fraud, you'd better be willing to back it up. Since I already know you can't, though, I'm not going to put up with it.

Now to veer this thread back on topic: I thought the interview was really good. Not too much in the way of strategies (but that comes later I guess) but still a really nice way to give people a bit of insight into the community. Kudos to all involved.

Back it up? I could if I wanted to. If people donate money and the donations are at least a considerable amount, I am sure the admins or owner of this site is pocketing money as this site never improves and is down 60% of the time, trust me, if I wanted to get a PI look into it, it wouldnt be hard.

SWF is the ***** child i think Smash Bros wishes it didnt have.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Haha, that was actually pretty good. I dunno about the Rock and Scissors only comment though. It's just....paper is less threatening and only sort of annoys rock.

But yeah, good job representing the community. ^_^

Top Bottom