• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1st Annual NorCal Tournament

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
I guess I need to provide you guys with a little more info :p

EVENT NAME:
Armageddon

GAME:
Smash 64

DATE:
Sunday, May 27th

TIME:
12pm - whenever the tourney finishes

BUY IN:
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 (per team)

WINNINGS DISTRIBUTION:
Singles:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Doubles:
1st place: 100%

HOST:
jsolo

SPONSOR:
Dark Sun Enterprises (DSE)

RULESET:
Double Elimination

All matches are best-of-3, except for the following: Winners Finals and Losers Finals are best-of-5 and Grand Finals are best-of-7.

Game Settings: 5-stock, Handicap OFF, Team Attack ON, Stage Select ON, Damage 100%, Item Switch NONE, All Characters Available.

Stages: First match must be played on Dreamland unless both players mutually agree to play on another stage. Legal stages are Hyrule Castle, Congo Jungle, and Peach's Castle.

Set Procedure: (1) Both players select characters (double blind), (2) players play on Dreamland (or mutually agreed upon stage), (3) first match ends, (4) loser selects stage, (5) winner selects character, (6) loser selects character, (7) next match is played. Repeat steps 4 - 7 until set ends.

Doubles: The rules above for singles apply to doubles as well; however, in addition to the above rules, players may steal stock from their teammates.

OTHER:
As part of the sponsorship by DSE, food (most likely pizza) and water will be provided on the day of the tournament. In addition, DSE has agreed to match the total pot collected for singles and doubles.

ATTENDEES:
Me and a homie
jsolo and a few homies
Sigma Nu Raider and his homie
thegreginator
Isai
MiketheMike
Christos
Rufioo
Gannon
Nick
mikeduncan23 and 4 homies
ballin4life
Dr.Pancake and a homie
Blade689 and 2 homies
AlphaQHard's homie
controtie and a homie
Dirknasty and 3 homies
Evilduky666 (maybe)
dookdigity (maybe)

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
You should make a list of attendees. COUNT ME IN. This is gonna be epic.

Also to other NorCal Smashers (or anyone else in the area) I'll be in Menlo Park (San Francisco) from May 23 to June 6ish so if anyone wants to play some additional games on any other days let me know. I should have plenty of free time and am willing to travel.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
You should make a list of attendees. COUNT ME IN. This is gonna be epic.

Also to other NorCal Smashers (or anyone else in the area) I'll be in Menlo Park (San Francisco) from May 23 to June 6ish so if anyone wants to play some additional games on any other days let me know. I should have plenty of free time and am willing to travel.
k we should play

also i should hopefully be at this

i assume venue info is forthcoming. should maybe make a thread in this forum too:

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51&prefixid=PacWest

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Put me down for maybe, if I can get a place to stay at.

Is this accessible from the BART? Or is the OAK airport close enough to the venue?

I suck balls, but I have the ability to travel there. I will let you know once you let me know.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Put me down for maybe, if I can get a place to stay at.

Is this accessible from the BART? Or is the OAK airport close enough to the venue?

I suck balls, but I have the ability to travel there. I will let you know once you let me know.
ok, i put you down as a maybe.

As far as housing goes, I don't have my own place, so I can't really offer you a place to stay at. I'll ask around and see what I can find out for you.

the venue is jsolo's house and he's about a 10 minute drive from the airport and a few minutes from the nearest BART station. I can pick you up from wherever. I don't mind at all.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
@mikeduncan23 the more, the merrier. I have added u to the attendee list.

@ballin I changed ur status on the attendee list.

And, I think jsolo has a few TVs and set ups and I have 1 of each. Considering the number of people attending, were gonna need all the TVs, set ups, and any recording equipment possible.

:phone:

onski?

Smash Ace
fuhhhhh... i'm working on a film until at least the 7th of June. ballin sucks. and darth you suck too. Isais priy gud

controtie

Smash Rookie
can anyone enter? I'm planning on making a trip from So Cal if I can play with some Greats.

AlphaQHard

Smash Apprentice
Hi, new here. Found these forum and while im not attending, my friend is attending. He loves Smashbros too.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Is there any chance someone has a decent extra controller they could bring for me or that I could borrow during the tournament? My controller got kind of destroyed in my suitcase during my flight.

mikeduncan23

Smash Apprentice
Is there any chance someone has a decent extra controller they could bring for me or that I could borrow during the tournament? My controller got kind of destroyed in my suitcase during my flight.

I will bring a few extras, Im not sure if they will be up to par but your welcome to use them if you'd like

Dr.Pancake

Smash Rookie
Okay so I'm gonna be driving back from Santa Barbara Sunday morning.. So I might be there around like 12:30-1. Would I still be able to fight in the tourney? Or would I be too late to sign up?

ballin4life

Smash Hero
based on my experience at prior tournaments you should be fine. i would try to get darth's phone number though so you can let him know if you're running even later. as long as you're not much later than that it should be possible to schedule around you.

be warned though you might not get to warm up as much as you'd like.

jsolo

Smash Cadet
Hey, just a quick update. I'll have 6 tv's setup, but if everyone can bring their consoles, controllers, game, etc. it would help out. We should be good on tv's, but if anyone wants to bring one, we can always add more :) Also if anyone needs help with directions or has any questions, feel free to ask here or pm me if you need my cell phone #

Looking forward to Sunday, :cool:

Top Bottom