• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

----------

PRiDE

Smash Lord
lol what happened to you to possess you to write two long rants about Yoshi back to back??

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I believe I mentioned the d-smash's usefulness against Snake in another thread so I take partial credit for this. :p

jk jk. I do admit, though, that I love the d-smash and I actually neglected it in Melee for some strange reason.

IceAge

Smash Cadet
I love Yoshi's downsmash, but in my personal experience. It almost never hits twice.

But I find Yoshi's downsmash is best against roll. They roll right into the second tail strike.

Anyways, nice write up.

Depster

Smash Champion
Yeah, you're absolutely right, Shiri. That move can be useful anywhere. I still love it, too.

bigman40

Smash Master
You're right that the Dsmash is the new Dtilt. I love using it as a counter, and to set-up for gimped deaths. I think that if the Dtilt had much more knockback, then we would see that the moves traded properties from melee (not including dmg). I love it to death XD

Oh IceAge, the Dsmash does hit twice, but you have to be pretty much on top of them and at low percentages for it to work.

D

Deleted member

Eh i agree with alot of it, but the problem is if it gets shielded, u get punished, because its got pretty big lag. But yea, its good. Finally, the old page long rants about yoshi are back =P

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I actually found this out just last night lol. It's still got a nice low trajectory, though. Pretty useful for edge games.
Indeed. It's also got pretty good knockback at low percentages thought the knockback only slightly increases with damage. I can stll get a 0% kill on most walk-off stages with it hehe.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Bair to Double hit Dsmash at low percents almost always earns you a "wtf, how do i have 40 damage already?" oh my I just realized I do still love the Dsmash, sure it isn't the wtf I died at 80 percent from a tail hitting me anymore but it's useful, good get the **** off me move, and it looks and sounds sooo cute when he does it (no i'm not a girl, but I know cute when i see it)

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
What would ever possess you to Dsmash when you could just as easily rising Nair-->Jab-->Jab-->Fsmash/Dtilt/Grab/NeutralB/Ftilt...

Aside from a mindgame [even after committing time to read your massive post] why would i NOT want to do the above VS Dsmash?

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Oh man, the smugness-level of the dude in your signature is giving me diarrhea.

Like, not even messing around. I'm ****ting liquid bricks.

Meta Dude

Smash Rookie
What would ever possess you to Dsmash when you could just as easily rising Nair-->Jab-->Jab-->Fsmash/Dtilt/Grab/NeutralB/Ftilt...

Aside from a mindgame [even after committing time to read your massive post] why would i NOT want to do the above VS Dsmash?
i use down smash defensively, usually. the knockback helps create some space against characters that need it. what you mentioned is more of an approach, in which case down smash would be useless.

Sharky

Smash Master

That shouldn't even work anyway. A rising nair? There's way too much time inbetween the hit and the landing to get those jabs in consistently, even if it didn't knock them too far away.

Sharky

Smash Master
jabs don't follow up into half those things anyway, they've got pleeenty of time to get out of the way, and don't say mindgames cause there aren't any that apply when there's only one way to get to them to follow up >.>

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Yoshi's down smash isn't that terrible. I mean, I personally think it was better in Melee, but it's still good and definitely useful in Brawl.

Top Bottom