• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12.13.08 Vayseth's Outta Here! Tournament in Ann Arbor, MI (SSB, SC4, Naruto) RESULTS

Vayseth

Smash Master
Original thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206782

Well, it's the last tournament I'mma be runnin' for a while. I thank all of you who came out to support Get Your Game On and keep the MI smash scene going!

On to the results...

SSBB DOUBLES:
1: Chinky Poo (Dingdong and Anther)
2: ThePandaMann (SamuraiPanda and TheMann)
3: Team Super Johnz (Omniswell and JKBUK)
4: I love you with lubrication (OmegaXF and Snowman)
5: Team Jesus (JesusDaddySmash and Zay)
5: Metalic Puff (Viper and Mr. E)
7: Firm Business (Firm and ACK)
7: Original MI (JV_ and THE NoJ)
9: HOH (Kira and Brush)
9: Perrysburg (1der and Castro)
9: Hip Hop Fury (Thax and YNO)
9: Terf and Toph (Terf and Toph)
13: Team Booties (Solon and Vayseth)
13: Team Roith (Dogma and JCav)
13: SHO and Chong (SHO and Chong)
13: Gordo (A-MAC and Bell)
17: Paradiso (Irsic and Xyless)
17: SMBS (Drew and BCL)
17: 42 (Josh and SALO)
25: Team Brave (Wolfkrone and EDG)

What can I say? Anther dominated with dingdong. Maybe they'll keep teaming in the future? With Anther and Lain constantly doomed to getting second place, it would be really interesting if Anther and Dingdong could work together to win more tournaments. I'm looking forward to it. This tournament reminded us all of a very important lesson: LOOK AT THE STAGE LIST BEFORE ENTERING. There's only 13 stages allowed and most people did not realize this. Next time, you'd better be prepared...

Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2:
1: GTFO Candy
2: Vayseth
3: Killtz
4: TheMann
5: Green Thunder
5: Omniswell
7: Solon
7: 1der
9: Kevin
9: Joe
9: SamuraiPanda
9: ShardZ
13: Dogma
13: Terf
13: Toph
13: Jake

GTFO Candy dominated AGAIN with Kabuto. After I switched to Ultimate Nine-Tailed Naruto I did much better moving from 4th last week to 2nd this week, but I still cannot beat Kabuto it seems. A lot of people were complaining about Kabuto and GTFO only used him against me and the general consensus is to ban Kabuto from now on. Ask and ye shall receive. Good job GTFO and good job me! =)

Soul Calibur 4:
1: BLDave
2: Ryujin
3: Whit
4: Wolfkrone
5: Perfect Legend
5: Alkaiser
7: BigWayner
7: ShardZ
9: Killtz
9: rAVARIEL
9: GTFO Candy

I didn't watch a single match, however I know that everyone who plays SC4 is sexay and we all had a great time. BL Dave FTW.

SSBB SINGLES:
1: Anther
2: THE NoJ
3: DingDong
4: SamuraiPanda
5: OmegaXF
5: JKBuK
7: TheMann
7: ACK
9: 1der
9: Mr. E
9: Dogma
9: JV_
13: Xyless
13: EDG
13: Toph
13: Viper
17: Kevin
17: Green Thunder
17: Wolfkrone
17: Kira
17: JCav
17: Omniswell
17: Josh
17: Brush
25: Vayseth
25: Drew
25: Armads
25: SALO
25: Irsic
25: -PM-
25: Terf

I never noticed just how good dingdong and OmegaXF really are and they proved it today. Dingdong made it to his first winner's finals and I must say I was impressed with his game. He's got a bit to learn but pretty soon we're going to have yet another dominant player out of MI gunning for a top 5 spot. I got the opportunity to play OmegaXF and even though we were just screwing around I could see his Marth was something special, and my thoughts were confirmed in the nasty set between him the TheMann. I can't wait to see what he can do next time. Anther continues to dominate in such a fashion that he seems bored with us. Playing more characters than I have fingers -- or so it seemed... -- Anther dominated the competition ending with once again a very long set versus THE NoJ. I'm glad to see that some of the players on the lower end of the spectrum are finally bringing the heat but will anyone ever be able to catch up to Anther? Yes, Lain will and has and I think Anther better count his lucky stars that Lain wasn't there to knock him out of the tournament. Hopefully next time...

Well, that's it! There's no tournament planned yet but I think it'll be one everyone will be interested in. Melee Singles/Doubles and Brawl Singles/Doubles! I'm hoping to get a big out of state crowd for the next one so check back for details!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
3 Things...
- wow i would have done so well in Rev 2 im so pissed i couldnt go it sounds like it was so fun.
- Congrats Vayseth on Graduation
- Did u get to use both rooms in the basement this time?

dingding

Smash Ace
ya both rooms were used, the other room was for sc4 and naruto and like 1 brawl station =)

dingding

Smash Ace
such a good venue some 1 should ask to host tourneys there(samuraipanda) and do 1 when ally's here so some one like (samuraipanda) should host tourneys when vayseth's away.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
1. brawl sucks
2. you wouldnt of done well in conr2
3. ding got better
4. im good in teams
5. brawl sucks
6. panda got alot better since i last saw him

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
When the game is all about 0-death, that's when it becomes stupid. Practically more stupid than Brawl, actually.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
GTFO Candy, good **** in Rev 2! Keep pwning Michigan! You should show up to my tourney in Chicago and rep Michigan! ;D

Vayseth.... At least you used Ultimate Nine Tails... Not enough unblockables? XD Congrats on Graduating man! Hope to see you soon! =D

Omniswell - What happened?! You said you had top 2 in the bag.... ;o; You better come to Chicago so I can teach you how cheap Itachi really is. <3

Ori - You can't 0 - Death Anyone in Rev 2. Characters in the game do not deal enough damage to kill one person in one combo. They should have enough chakra at one point to KnJ, unless they suck. =p
Plus I'll get another Perfect out of you the next time we play. ^_^

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I'll try to help, if not, I can teach you other characters that I main. Either way, my bro can teach you Itachi. That ******* got better with him... >_<

This Saturday is the first Rev 2 tourney to earn people points towards the Chicago Rev 2 Champ series, so all the SC 4 guys that show up here that play will earn points and all the local Naruto players will start earning. Shardz is showing up. I am going to get wrecked in SC4 by him, but return the favor in Rev 2. XD

You people need to start playing Orochimaru! =p

dingding

Smash Ace
fun tournament =)

shoutouts-
anther-<3
panda-ggs =)
mann-ur up Bis gey
1der-omg u caped my tornado recovery!! grrr that's mad skills
thax-yay I saw u
NOJ-hah u bish I proved u wrong
omni-=))
omega-hehe fun matchs =)
JV-good to see u the AIB king
terf-toph-ggs
pm-yoshi sucks =P
viper-always fun =)
irsci-nice recording thingy =)
ankoku-thanks for recording matchs =)
vayseth-THE BEEEST TO EVER. I think I've said that to much.. =/
Mr.E-rob fails against MK =)

every 1 else that I played good games this was one of the most fun tourneys =)

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
I'll try to help, if not, I can teach you other characters that I main. Either way, my bro can teach you Itachi. That ******* got better with him... >_<

This Saturday is the first Rev 2 tourney to earn people points towards the Chicago Rev 2 Champ series, so all the SC 4 guys that show up here that play will earn points and all the local Naruto players will start earning. Shardz is showing up. I am going to get wrecked in SC4 by him, but return the favor in Rev 2. XD

You people need to start playing Orochimaru! =p
i was thinking about learning orochimaru as a secondary because his wakeup is easy to time :)

Top Bottom