• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/17/07-11/18/07 S.O.S.'S Final **** CREW/Raffle/and voting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Apprentice
the title says it all i didnt want to clog up the main thread so i just made a seprete one altogether.

ok so far what we have for sa crew
S.O.S. (OMG RAPEEEEEE lol jk )
Teh Masterer Betty (OMG!!!)
King Mosquito (dude he has ****in king in his name he has gotta ****)
Smiles (The best power shielder in the universe! quoted from smiles directly lol)
Majin link (Who doesnt wanna have a samus in their crew)

(that leaves 5 slots open so anyone wanting to be in the crew please say so and we will do a tournament seeing who gets those 5 spots :)

also any other crew eg waco/austin/dallas/whoever if they want to make a crew then please list location how many players and of course their names. thank you.

now as for the voting part. low tier tournament on the 2nd day of the tournament along with teams? yay for lowtier or nay for no lowtier?

i will vote 1st. YAY for lowtier :p

remember guys everyone's vote counts! lets make this happen!!!

UPDATE!!!

well i was brainstorming and i thought of some idea's

1st everytime someone pays for their entry fee they get a ticket and at diffrent points during the tournament everyone will put their ticket in a hat (after putting your name on it) and 3 names will be drawn out of the hat for 3 diffrent prizes.

prizes are to remain a mystery. but lets just say i have come up with some good idea's :p
anyone like this idea? yay or nay?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yay for lowtier.

Also, I want a Pflugerville/Austin crew depending on who can come :)

I'm thinking something like

Hylian(Me)
Thepopethatpwns(Levi)
Bluk(Fletcher)
SaveTheQueen(Austin)
JesusFreak(Matt)
Buh?(Kal)

And anyone else who came from austin...Xelic maybe? Reqy?

That would be fun.

Smash Apprentice
Yay for lowtier.

Also, I want a Pflugerville/Austin crew depending on who can come :)

I'm thinking something like

Hylian(Me)
Thepopethatpwns(Levi)
Bluk(Fletcher)
SaveTheQueen(Austin)
JesusFreak(Matt)
Buh?(Kal)

And anyone else who came from austin...Xelic maybe? Reqy?

That would be fun.
dude kal would **** in crews with his level 9 link!!

bluezaft

The True Zaft
If I'm the only one from Dallas that comes, I'll join SA. Or maybe we can all pretend I'm 5 people? Oh that reminds, me we should have 20 stock crews, not 40. SA would be the only town with enough people for that, everyone else would have to have 8 or 10 stock a piece and that's just boring. Probably should just break SA into 2 crews if there are 10 people.

Also, what's the alternative to low tier? I would rather the tournament put more focus on regular singles, round robin to make it into brackets and all that jazz. Low tier tends to bore people, but I say yay low tier if it doesn't interfere with anything else.

Smash Apprentice
If I'm the only one from Dallas that comes, I'll join SA. Or maybe we can all pretend I'm 5 people? Oh that reminds, me we should have 20 stock crews, not 40. SA would be the only town with enough people for that, everyone else would have to have 8 or 10 stock a piece and that's just boring. Probably should just break SA into 2 crews if there are 10 people.

Also, what's the alternative to low tier? I would rather the tournament put more focus on regular singles, round robin to make it into brackets and all that jazz. Low tier tends to bore people, but I say yay low tier if it doesn't interfere with anything else.
well right now were trying to break the tourney up into 2 days thus creating time for low tiers singles teams and crew's but yeah 20 stock would probly be better. i suppose sa could have 2 crews.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Yay for low tier.

*turns in application for SA crew*
No, your sister goes to UTD and you ate Jack in the Box with me and Wobbles and Zac, so that means you're in the Dallas crew. Zac says he might go too.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if there'll be any Austin representation outside of reqy, but I'd like to see a low-tier tournament. It's been ages, and I didn't even participate in the last one. This time, though, I've got a really strong G&W and a decent-ish Luigi, so... everyone will die but Sethlon, because Roy cheats against G&W.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
I plan on going... Since San Antonio has enough people to make 3 crews I suppose it would be smart If I represented Austin.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
No, your sister goes to UTD and you ate Jack in the Box with me and Wobbles and Zac, so that means you're in the Dallas crew. Zac says he might go too.
*burns SA application*

Actually, its looking like we're going to have enough people from houston to make a good crew (can't let waco show us up :mad:), so i'll be on that. But if that doesn't work out, i'll gladly crew with dallas :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wouldn't mind representing San Antonio crew. That is, SOS, if you allow me to do so.

Yay for Low Tier as well.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
OMG... this thing is going to be huge.

As for my two cents, I just want to know this: How should we do the order of events? I don't like the idea of pools, and I think we won't be getting 100 people... I'm hoping for at least 50 right now. If anyone remembers WTYM 2, the lesser players got scared after teams the first and took off, leaving day 2 with a lot less people.

Day 1: Singles (stop at final 8 or 16) Crews (in full), maybe low tier

Day 2: Singles (finals) and Teams

This running 2 days, from 2pm to Midnight.

Tell me what you think.

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
I think that sounds great. Well, I turn in my application for S.A. Crews as well, as long as we don't have a houston/mag crew, which it looks like there will be one. Ronnie, Roy R, Ray *me* And Alex RRRA lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
OMG... this thing is going to be huge.

As for my two cents, I just want to know this: How should we do the order of events? I don't like the idea of pools, and I think we won't be getting 100 people... I'm hoping for at least 50 right now. If anyone remembers WTYM 2, the lesser players got scared after teams the first and took off, leaving day 2 with a lot less people.

Day 1: Singles (stop at final 8 or 16) Crews (in full), maybe low tier

Day 2: Singles (finals) and Teams

This running 2 days, from 2pm to Midnight.

Tell me what you think.
Sounds pretty good. However, I seem to be having trouble understanding. Is this a lock-in tournament that lasts from Sat-Sunday?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Notice the second to last line:

2pm to Midnight.

I think I'd rather have a traditional tourney. Midnight is a great benefit, seeing as any other facility closes much earlier.

EDIT: SOS, update the first post with the earlier info. Also, anyone who can provide housing, equipment, anything, please post here. I will use this info for the main tournament section thread.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
How exactly is city representation for crews being determined? If you look at Austin, very few of us actually live here: Xelic is SA, Rayz is Houston, Chang is Plano/Dallas, reqy's from SA, and I'm from Marshall (where?). I don't particularly care about being on a crew myself, but I would like to see an Austin crew happen, and that would basically necessitate claiming the players who play here more than anywhere else.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Notice the second to last line:

2pm to Midnight.

I think I'd rather have a traditional tourney. Midnight is a great benefit, seeing as any other facility closes much earlier.
I see. Thanks for clearing that for me.

This thing seems to be building fast. It's gonna be awesome.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
How exactly is city representation for crews being determined? If you look at Austin, very few of us actually live here: Xelic is SA, Rayz is Houston, Chang is Plano/Dallas, reqy's from SA, and I'm from Marshall (where?). I don't particularly care about being on a crew myself, but I would like to see an Austin crew happen, and that would basically necessitate claiming the players who play here more than anywhere else.
Where you play really matters, and so far that's how I would like to keep it. HOWEVER, this applying to the SA/Waco thing. The crew tournament should really be open to whoever is let on by the team captain.

But crews is a mess unto itself. I'm having a hard enough time planning the order of events.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Everyone, please vote on the prices:

Either have it divided:

Singles $10
Doubles $10 per team
Crews $5 per crew

OR

$20 gets you all that and low tier to boot.

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
I think the second option would be better. But that's just me. More people should come because of that right there. But how are the funds going to be split? And is crews going to be in a bracket?

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
I will represent San Antonio! =0

Let me on! Assuming I make it there, of course.

Also, Steven, Reqy is from San Antonio as well.
dude sa crew is gonna **** so badly

also whoever plans on making a crew they need a designated crew leader. that leader decideds who is and who isnt on the crew.

sa lead = me
austin leader = ?
waco leader= ?
dallas leader = ?
magnolia leader = ?

and like it was said earlier if there arent enough people to make a crew talk to one of the crew leader's and they may or may not place you on the crew and so forth.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
I wanna train with Zeroes, because if someone begins to beat the crap out of him, he learns his roots a lot faster, and somehow, I think he has a better shot than most of the people trying to compete for the last 5 spots. I'm not sure who I heard it from, but it was recently when I hear that Zeroes beats out betty more so than Betty does to Zeroes in smash, and he doesn't play a lot. SOO.... I wanna see what's up with that so I'm gonna take my smash copy over to his house and play him, we all know, even you SOS, that he has potential.

Smash Apprentice
I wanna train with Zeroes, because if someone begins to beat the crap out of him, he learns his roots a lot faster, and somehow, I think he has a better shot than most of the people trying to compete for the last 5 spots. I'm not sure who I heard it from, but it was recently when I hear that Zeroes beats out betty more so than Betty does to Zeroes in smash, and he doesn't play a lot. SOO.... I wanna see what's up with that so I'm gonna take my smash copy over to his house and play him, we all know, even you SOS, that he has potential.
he hasnt played smash in like 2 years lol. but yeah i know he has potential.

Can i represent SA crew?

mike if you can make it down here then yes :p

K1T3

Smash Lord
Put me in for SA crew!
SA really probably does need 2 or 3 crews.... the problem is one might be stacked =P
But I like the idea of 4-5 man 20 stock crews. Bracket would probably be best. If we do set up a bracket for reg crews then I don't think crews should be restricted by cities, but it may help guide making them.

Since this is a two day event I see no good reason to not have RR or pools at the very least. Just a double elimination bracket at a good size tourney screws so many people it's just wack. Having pools or RR should definately have priority over low tier, but aside from that if there's time I see no reason to not have low tier. I'm sure there's a decent program out there to help set up pools. And with pool captains it's not too much of a pain to run.

We should start advertising to other states! Maybe put a thread in the main tourney discussion section?

Is there going to be a $5 venue fee on top of the tourney fee?
The $20 for everything sounds good too =)
Teams needs to be in this and having a package means lots of teams =)
If this tourrney gets big and with OOS interest you could think of uping it to 25 with a $5 venue fee so $30 total so it's good size pots and you get Singles (hopefully with pools), Teams, Crews, and Low-Tier if there's time =)

PS. I own(especially in teams), and like teaming with Puffs then peachs then sheiks, and I can play whichever character people like teaming with(almost whichever that is), I'm not sure if I'm going to need a teammate for this yet but just in case.
<3

Edit: just noticed this... Sorry bluezaft I put same avi =/ Sonic is so awesome though and it's the only one they have of him =(

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
We will have enough for an austin crew probably.

All the austin people that might possibly go:

Me
Kal
Fletcher
Austin
Matt
Reqy(well maybe he is sa i dunno)
Galt
Zev
Levi

Maybe wes would go and play for austin LOL.

Edit: Forgot about Rayz and Chang >_>.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I hate you so, so, so, so much Kite. From now on we are enemies. As soon as I saw Sonic I know the avatar I had for 2 years would be RUINED RUINED RUINED.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Just to justify it...what are we going to have to do if we want to represent the SA crew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom