• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

$100 Pichu Money Match!

T0MMY

Smash Master
There was a discussion not so long ago about which character had the advantage, Kirby or Bowser. It was t!mmy's Kirby vs. Gimpyfish's Bowser.
This got us talking about which character had the advantage. Kirby vs Pichu. A heated discussion soon turned into a Cash Battle challange. This won't be any normal Money Match, though, this one will determine the better character in this matchup, and it will carry with it a prize of $100 paid from the loser.

This battle will take place at the big Smashfest: Eugene at the end of June and will be recorded and put on Youtube for the world to see.
But, before this Smashfest Broadcast is aired, I wanted to hear from the Pichu players just what everyone thought of this matchup.
Who do you think has the advantage? Who do you think will win the match? How do we have the extra cash to put up this ridiculous challenge?

Broadcast time will be announced later.

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
Wow! $100! I would think kirby would win because he can spike, can kirbyside, and Pichu dies easier. Pichu has combo ability, and good recovery. Pichu could kill Kirby easy with up moves. It is a close match-up. It should be intense.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah, first and foremost i'll state that this tier match stuff is stupid cause it really... REALLY doesnt prove which character is better, not that tiers lower than the middle of mid (doc area) really matter.

___

But for the sheer fact of Kirby vs Pichu, even though ima kirby player, i'll pull for pichu.

That **** is madness.

Elen

Smash Lord
This looks like a certain thread I once knew...

Anyways, I'm not actually sure who has the advantage, as I've never really dealt with the matchup. I can't wait for the vid tho :p

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Please dont let this thread be like the other thread that I saw that involved $100. >__< I'm not exactly sure who would win but I like both pretty equally. Who will win, nobody knows :)

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
It should be a best out of 7, or maybe even best out of 11...
If these rounds will decide who has the advantage make it a long round...
I say its even or MAYBE Kirby has the advantage.....Maybe....

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
i think pichu has the upper hand here. he has way better recovery, stronger moves that can kil kirby very easily and an equally annoying taunt!

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
IMo it's going to be a battle of just counter attacking. I think that kirby has more priority in the air. (im not sure tho) If he does have more priority than pichus nair or bair than pichu is going to be at a disadvantage. However pichu has a mean Usmash that will easily send kirby over the top for an easy KO. idk can anyone tell me what has more priority. kirby's bair or pichu's nair/bair. thnx.

Anyway this is super sweet and good luck to both!!

T0MMY

Smash Master
Oh my gaawd, ONE matchup will determine which character is better. -_-
That wasn't stated; what was stated was this was going to help give us an idea which character might have a better advantage in this particular matchup. Obviously, since $100 is at stake and two leading Players are involved it'll give us an idea.

Why anyone would care about info regarding Pichu or Kirby is a different matter.
But, who cares, this is going to be a fun time, video, and event.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Oh, so you've made a thread about this already huh?
I'm going to tell you something right now:

Kirby is going to win and I'm going to take your $100.
:kirby:

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
i think pich will win i dont know who has a better advantage but hopefully pich does

T0MMY

Smash Master
To t1mmy:

BRING IT!

That hundred bucks is mine, and I'm buying Carbos with it so my Pichu becomes faster.
You hear everyone here, they're on me n' Pichu's side. We're going to win this match and bring Pichu to TOP TIER!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The tourney is still a while away, I suggest you use that time to practice 'cause you're going to need it.

I won't be posting here again until the tournament draws neigh.

T0MMY

Smash Master
$100 is insane as it is for such a ridiculous match.
Maybe we should just raise it to $1,000! lolz

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I'm now torn between two of my favorite Melee characters now.
Do I cheer for the lovable pink puff? Or the adorable electric mouse?
I can't decide... Guess I'll just cheer for both of 'em. :x

Somasu

Smash Ace
Pichu FTW!

Screw that pink sphere :x He sucks. (pun intended)

Be sure to record vids.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Recording the match is almost as important as winning the $100.
You can be sure it will be recorded and broadcast with the utmost care.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
This looks like a certain thread I once knew...

Anyways, I'm not actually sure who has the advantage, as I've never really dealt with the matchup. I can't wait for the vid tho :p
hehehe are you thinking this has angelo bangelo written all over it too?
go kirby.... pichu is gay...

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Make sure this thing actually happens. And don't leave the rest of the world in the dark about it once it does..

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The tournament is set for July 27-29. The MM shall be done then. I will try to get a camcorder to record, as well as a VCR.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Who are you going against?
If its a Marth player, your pretty much doomed. Cause no matter how good your Pichu is, its just an impossible match to win :\
Well, I've bested t!mmy's Marth with my Pichu on occassion as well. But, yeah, one of Pichu's most difficult matchups. The only person's Marth in OR I have a problem with is Mystery Chris', but it's still better than going against a Peach or Samus.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Well, if anyone wants to see how my Pichu is shaping up, t!mmy has a new video up vs his Fox (check the Pichu Video thread). Too bad I was playing so badly because the controller I was using is shoddy, my Agility was hard to adjust to the control stick's temperment. So much landing lag and one SD. Egh... I hope it gets replaced with a better video soon.

Top Bottom