• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 question

SheerMadness

Smash Master
As good or close to as good as its ever been.

I remember Volrec being a huge douchebag though.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
it gets a good amount of people a night, good amount of games, and a collection of either really good, somewhat good, or terrible people.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Get better internet
Bud I've played on kaillera for a long time :p I know when its server lag or not. Besides I have a 10 MBPS connection from comcast, I doubt thats **** internet. :p The decicated host firo and loto use just sucks *** compared to egx and even further back the one that was used on SCD a long time ago when we played there.

Volrec

Smash Lord
As good or close to as good as its ever been.

I remember Volrec being a huge douchebag though.
I remember volrec being mad at me when he lost by counterpicking my falcon with pika.

why do you guys say "volrec" instead of "you"
that seems kinda weird

anyway thanks for the answers bros im gonna play some ****in smash bros

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Bud I've played on kaillera for a long time :p I know when its server lag or not. Besides I have a 10 MBPS connection from comcast, I doubt thats **** internet. :p The decicated host firo and loto use just sucks *** compared to egx and even further back the one that was used on SCD a long time ago when we played there.
get a better computer

fyi galaxy 64 uses the same host EGX did

P.S. Download speeds don't matter as much as upload speeds do

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
get a better computer

fyi galaxy 64 uses the same host EGX did

P.S. Download speeds don't matter as much as upload speeds do
-_- I have a computer capable of running crysis, stop johning for the server. I'm not the only one that has issues with that ****ing server, theres others that have never had issues before playing on galaxy.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
-_- I have a computer capable of running crysis, stop johning for the server. I'm not the only one that has issues with that ****ing server, theres others that have never had issues before playing on galaxy.
any computer can run crysis, the catch is, at what FPS? I'm not johning for the server, in fact, I think you are. I've seen your exit message and it's the same thing "bawwwww server lags". I want you to list these people that have problems with the server.

I for one, can say that I do not have any issues with the server and I live across the country from the server.

DMoogle

A$
Internet speed is not the same as internet stability/reliability. Kaillera/SSB barely uses any bandwidth... something like less than 10KB/s IIRC.

dandan

Smash Lord
no he does not, my normal pj64k works both on 7 x64 and 7 x32.
and i know that it is like that for everyone here in europe.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
any computer can run crysis, the catch is, at what FPS? I'm not johning for the server, in fact, I think you are. I've seen your exit message and it's the same thing "bawwwww server lags". I want you to list these people that have problems with the server.

I for one, can say that I do not have any issues with the server and I live across the country from the server.
I see you're completely missing the point of what im saying, I'm not alone in this. I've played on this same connection on multiple servers for years. Even all the way to the brazillian servers (despite the huge input delay). And I rarely d/c/lag or have issues even when i'm on wireless. Ignorance like this is why I hate the 64 community on here jesus christ....and you guys wonder why you're relegated to this single board and have no mods.

-_- I'm not gonna list a ****ing list of ppl in specific just to satisfy your butthurt to argue on this board. only ones I remember by name were frog, kush, and myself. Other were randoms complaining about huge ping jumps, desynchs or server instability in holding games. Just because you dont have issues doesnt mean others dont you cocky ***knocker.

If you played a lot of teams you'd notice that from the change from egx, a lot of ppl cant play at least 2-3 games before a d/c or desynch or problems with the server receiving packets correctly. I'm ending this argument here because this is stupid, go ahead and assume some victory or w/e idgaf. in b4 u mad etc.

H0lyQuebec

Smash Apprentice
I see you're completely missing the point of what im saying, I'm not alone in this. I've played on this same connection on multiple servers for years. Even all the way to the brazillian servers (despite the huge input delay). And I rarely d/c/lag or have issues even when i'm on wireless. Ignorance like this is why I hate the 64 community on here jesus christ....and you guys wonder why you're relegated to this single board and have no mods.

-_- I'm not gonna list a ****ing list of ppl in specific just to satisfy your butthurt to argue on this board. only ones I remember by name were frog, kush, and myself. Other were randoms complaining about huge ping jumps, desynchs or server instability in holding games. Just because you dont have issues doesnt mean others dont you cocky ***knocker.

If you played a lot of teams you'd notice that from the change from egx, a lot of ppl cant play at least 2-3 games before a d/c or desynch or problems with the server receiving packets correctly. I'm ending this argument here because this is stupid, go ahead and assume some victory or w/e idgaf. in b4 u mad etc.
u mad etc.

Edit: NOOOOOOOOOO

btw kaillera was unstable, is unstable and will always be unstable. This isn't new, and you guys don't have problems with the server. Only problem you could have is if you live way too far from the server, and get lag/delay because of that reason, which is why there's plenty of servers, at different locations. Once i used to lag on egx and i was blaming the server, when i noticed that for some reason, supraclient decided to lag me when i used to be perfectly lagless with it. now i gotta use normal client otherwise i'd lag. Use p2p if you're not happy with it, or switch server. ''some'' people go to sonic cage dome nowdays.. Even though that server is very basic, at least it supports game saves. So hurrayyy for mupen beta.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Raaaaaaaage.

Us Australian kids use the same client as Galaxy64, and it works fine. The only issue is a randomised ping upon server entry, but doubles works at perfect speed. It's almost always a player issue when lag ensues (I remember 18k lagspikes for some kid who was blaming the server owner).

Skrlx

Smash Champion

hey it's not my problem your connection sucks lol

a bunch of people have given you reasons on why you are possibly wrong, it's now up to you whether you take that info for what it's worth or you can continue being stubborn and call people "cocky ***knockers". I can tell nothing will change your mind since you came over here talking about the server, you randomly restate your problem on the server and to finish it off, your exit message is the same thing lol. Maybe you are mad or "butthurt" (which I have no reason to).

P.S. If I remember correctly, Kush lags a bit.

P.S.S. If I don't have problems with the server isn't there a problem here? I mean, if the server really is "unstable" I should be having problems right? Cause it's a server issue and it affects everybody.

My final advice to anyone with these problems is check your emulator files (some plugins and or settings can cause DS), upgrade your internet or PC. (no johns if you're using wi-fi)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Raaaaaaaage.

Us Australian kids use the same client as Galaxy64, and it works fine. The only issue is a randomised ping upon server entry, but doubles works at perfect speed. It's almost always a player issue when lag ensues (I remember 18k lagspikes for some kid who was blaming the server owner).
haha I remember getting 0ms lag on the Australian server... all the way from Canada :p

The matches still had input lag... but it was still funny either way :p

Battlecow

Play to Win
P.S.S. If I don't have problems with the server isn't there a problem here? I mean, if the server really is "unstable" I should be having problems right? Cause it's a server issue and it affects everybody.
should be "P.P.S.". Stands for "post-postscript". "post scriptscript" makes no sense.

Although maybe you were trying to avoid bad puns. In which case, more power to you.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
rawrimamonster isn't the only having problems with the instabiiity of kaillera. I too also experience the desynching, lag on low pings, and etc on galaxy 64. I use to play on PRJ64k back then, and I didn't have these problems. I understand what he's talking about cuz I can't even play a game on Galaxy 64 without desynching. I have a gaming laptop, extremely fast internet, and nothing running in the background of my laptop. What makes it bad is that I live in NYS and Galaxy 64 is a NY server. Like WTF! man

firo

Smash Ace
If you are having DS's that often, I would check your graphics plugin and change it possibly. If your internet is fine and you have played online before, it is probably some other factor. Try playing online with Mupen64k with someone and seeing if it DSs that often. If it doesn't, then its an issue with the emulator.

Remember that with playing online, there is the emulator, which communicates with the kaillera dll, which serves as an interface for the server. The emulator and the kaillera file cannot be fixed up by us on the server side, and any one of those factors can be causing online issues. There are plenty of people who play on the server without problems, so the potential for it to be working is there.

kys

Smash Ace
For the people who ***** and moan about the "lag" in Galaxy, all I gotta ask is, "Where's your lagless server, hmm?" Galaxy costs money, none of which is coming out of our pockets. It's a chance to play smash against other good people instead of level 9 cpus. If you don't like it, well, no one is holding your hand, you can leave. QUIT COMPLAINING. WTF DO YOU GET YOUR SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT? /unrant

inb4dodgingcensorinfractionandsuckingfiro's****

DMoogle

A$
If you are having DS's that often, I would check your graphics plugin and change it possibly. If your internet is fine and you have played online before, it is probably some other factor. Try playing online with Mupen64k with someone and seeing if it DSs that often. If it doesn't, then its an issue with the emulator.

Remember that with playing online, there is the emulator, which communicates with the kaillera dll, which serves as an interface for the server. The emulator and the kaillera file cannot be fixed up by us on the server side, and any one of those factors can be causing online issues. There are plenty of people who play on the server without problems, so the potential for it to be working is there.
I haven't tried Mupen (it's way harder to get people to switch emulators than to switch connections like exc to lan), but I guess the next time I see someone on using it, I'll give it a try and see if I still have the lagging out problem.

FWIW it doesn't happen at all when P2Ping, and it happens with the original kaillera client, Supraclient, and the P2P client.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
I've played online in the past when EGX was the main server for SSB games being hosted. I can't see if its the server I'm using or the emulator. I would try Sonic Cage Dome, but people HARDLY play SSB on there. I also would try Mupen64k, but people RARELY use it. I use supraclient BTW since it seems to connect easily compared to the other clients. They had this new kaillera client in the alpha stages with a new GUI/Graphics User Interface that I tested on PRJ64KVE since I'm using Windows 7. It connects extremely fast to servers no problem, but it crashes when you use the client a certain amount of times. The alpha client was used on a old dolphin SVN. I don't think its in development no more.

Top Bottom