• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/6/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
For some reason I expect Sakurai to reveal a whole bunch of returning veterans this month. I guess I must be going crazy.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
You know, having this topic completely defeats the purpose of locking mine. Just saying.
If yours was about the picture on the 6th, it never should've been deleted in the first place. People are always quick to claim that a thread isn't needed, when clearly a place to speculate the new picture was unavailable.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I'm going to take a wild guess here. January 6th will be the return of the Smash Bros. DOJO!

But realistically, it'll probably be an average pic of the day. At least the Miiverse community will get fired up again. :troll: It's been a week; I've missed the stupid comments!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sad to say that I can imagine us getting a Zelda related pic if not yet another Rosalina one. Though it would be nice to see FD and Master Hand in HD.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
If yours was about the picture on the 6th, it never should've been deleted in the first place. People are always quick to claim that a thread isn't needed, when clearly a place to speculate the new picture was unavailable.
He's the owner of the Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos thread, which was locked by the mods until the 6th, which seems a bit unreasonable. Obviously, I can see the need to not derail the thread, but in my opinion, it should be unlocked ahead of time to give people a chance to speculate. People always speculate over the weekend normally, anyway. Unlocking it on the 6th is too late because we'll know what the pic is already.

To be honest, I'm not sure why the mods just didn't lock this topic and unlock the other one when it was created. People were clearly ready to discuss Monday's incoming pic after a full week and had no place to go. A full week is more than reasonable time to lock it. Unlocking it on Friday gives people the weekend to speculate, like they normally would have.

But I guess this point is moot as this thread exists. Maybe the mods were going to unlock it, but didn't see the point after this thread got created?

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to take a wild guess here. January 6th will be the return of the Smash Bros. DOJO!

But realistically, it'll probably be an average pic of the day. At least the Miiverse community will get fired up again. :troll: It's been a week; I've missed the stupid comments!
The return of the Dojo would be awesome. This could be a good explanation for the week without any pictures. (if the week wasn't meant to be Sakurai's last holidays for the next 6 months)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just as a heads-ups for everyone, the Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos thread will be reopened tonight at around 12:00 AM EST. Once that thread is reopened, this one will be closed.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
Ah, forgot about that.

Eh, I wouldn't hold my breath, though.
Normally I wouldn't, but the whole "Character reveal on the release date of related game" thing has been mostly consistent, and more importantly, the Kirby series was made by Sakurai, so I definitely see a character reveal at the least. It'd almost be sad not to, but I'll keep my expectations low just in case so that I don't get disappointed just in case.

EDIT: That could also be a nice time for an official DOJO!, assuming it's not up tomorrow

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
In all honesty I will be extremely disappointed if we don't get a proper Dojo after this break he took. It makes too much sense with it being a new year, which happens to be the supposed release year of the game, and with the way they did this type of thing for brawl having a placeholder site until the real one arrived.

That being said, this is Sakurai and he ****ing sucks so I am well aware tomorrow we will get a picture of Zelda and Rosalina having a stare off

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I hope the Dojo never comes back. Pictures are more than enough.
Maybe a video every once in a while, just to show off the game moving, but that's it.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I hope the Dojo never comes back. Pictures are more than enough.
Maybe a video every once in a while, just to show off the game moving, but that's it.
Whats the point of hoping it never comes back? You don't enjoy well-informed updates that actually explain what's going on? There is literally no point in most of the daily pics and a lot of them explain nothing. He posts pictures of parts of stages and the antlers of that legendary pokemon and has told us next to nothing about the actual content or game modes of the next game. It is unorganized as hell and doesn't keep track of anything or even elaborate on the stuff that he does show. So no, it is not at all more than enough. If you don't want the game "spoiled" for you, then you would have the option of not checking the Dojo.

You have your own opinion and you are allowed to enjoy the daily pics, but don't act like he is going above and beyond what he should be doing. He's taking a screenshot of characters just standing there 5 days a week and writing uniformative posts. Not eventually getting a proper Dojo would be a slap in the goddamn face

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
As much as I liked Brawl's Dojo. There's a reason why it didn't come back, of which I'll respect. And I rather get "pointless Miiverse pictures" than nothing at all.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Whats the point of hoping it never comes back? You don't enjoy well-informed updates that actually explain what's going on? There is literally no point in most of the daily pics and a lot of them explain nothing. He posts pictures of parts of stages and the antlers of that legendary pokemon and has told us next to nothing about the actual content or game modes of the next game. It is unorganized as hell and doesn't keep track of anything or even elaborate on the stuff that he does show. So no, it is not at all more than enough. If you don't want the game "spoiled" for you, then you would have the option of not checking the Dojo.

You have your own opinion and you are allowed to enjoy the daily pics, but don't act like he is going above and beyond what he should be doing. He's taking a screenshot of characters just standing there 5 days a week and writing uniformative posts. Not eventually getting a proper Dojo would be a slap in the goddamn face
He's still doing much, much more than any other developer of any other videogame ever. Uninformative? In the last month he introduced like two new characters and three new stages. Very rarely he puts a picture of characters "standing and that's it".
The Dojo was too much and showed almost everything about the game before the release, hence the massive disappointment in the final product. And **** that "Just don't watch the update!" bull****. I'm registered on a board completely concentrated on the game since more than a year and have 2500ish messages on it, and you think I would be able to not watch the updates on the game? Come on.
The only thing I agree with is the fact that the site is unwatchable and badly organized: also who gives a ****.

How much do you know about Mario Kart 8? It's coming in like three months and we know only a handful of characters (less than the ones we know for Super Smash Bros. 4) and maybe ten courses out of the probable 32 (still a lot less than Sm4sh of which we know double the number). The only difference is that MK8 doesn't have such a massive group of whiny fanboys who want everything explained in every single detail A WHOLE YEAR before the game comes out.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I think it's time we start hearing about game modes. 85% of his pics have been pointless. And this is coming from a Sakurai fan.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
He's still doing much, much more than any other developer of any other videogame ever. Uninformative? In the last month he introduced like two new characters and three new stages. Very rarely he puts a picture of characters "standing and that's it".
The Dojo was too much and showed almost everything about the game before the release, hence the massive disappointment in the final product. And **** that "Just don't watch the update!" bull****. I'm registered on a board completely concentrated on the game since more than a year and have 2500ish messages on it, and you think I would be able to not watch the updates on the game? Come on.
The only thing I agree with is the fact that the site is unwatchable and badly organized: also who gives a ****.

How much do you know about Mario Kart 8? It's coming in like three months and we know only a handful of characters (less than the ones we know for Super Smash Bros. 4) and maybe ten courses out of the probable 32 (still a lot less than Sm4sh of which we know double the number). The only difference is that MK8 doesn't have such a massive group of whiny fanboys who want everything explained in every single detail A WHOLE YEAR before the game comes out.
He's done it in past games and has done it better with each passing game. Therefore, by not doing it this time, its a slap in the face. Not my fault you can't keep yourself off of the damn computer and avoid updates.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I think it's time we start hearing about game modes. 85% of his pics have been pointless. And this is coming from a Sakurai fan.
Okay. http://minus.com/m_SSB4dailies

There are 147 pictures in there. You find me... let's say, 120 useless pictures and show them to me. I'll be waiting.

I agree though, some info about the modes would be interesting. But they will probably be returning modes like Classic, All-Star and Target Test, so...

He's done it in past games and has done it better with each passing game. Therefore, by not doing it this time, its a slap in the face. Not my fault you can't keep yourself off of the damn computer and avoid updates.
Here it is, you're a funny one. You want everything spoiled in every single detail, and I'm the one who can't keep myself off the damn computer. And I literally absolutely knew it that was going to be your response, because you're all the same.

And by the way, after Brawl's announcement it took 11 months before the Dojo started updating. Took 13 months before a new character was shown. We're at month 7 and we got exactly 7 characters reveal. But hey, I'm a whiny little toddler, so double standards and **** you.

Last edited by a moderator:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Here it is, you're a funny one. You want everything spoiled in every single detail, and I'm the one who can't keep myself off the damn computer. And I literally absolutely knew it that was going to be your response, because you're all the same.

And by the way, after Brawl's announcement it took 11 months before the Dojo started updating. Took 13 months before a new character was shown. We're at month 7 and we got exactly 7 characters reveal. But hey, I'm a whiny little toddler, so double standards and **** you.
You do realize a lot more people are working on this game, right? The good Brawl Dojo started almost a year before release here. We're in 2014, likely about a year away from Smash 4

Your anus is really hurting right now, chill

WAH

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
You do realize a lot more people are working on this game, right? The good Brawl Dojo started almost a year before release here. We're in 2014, likely about a year away from Smash 4

Your anus is really hurting right now, chill

WAH
LOL. Sucks for you, I guess. Enjoy the pictures

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
LOL. Sucks for you, I guess. Enjoy the pictures
Dude, the last two pictures in a row were useless. We already confirmed Battlefield and Zelda, so what good do those pictures do us?

If it's not a new character, stage, item, or gameplay mechanic, it's useless. I don't need to see random pictures of different angles of already revealed things.

Your Sakurai picture is not helping your case here either...

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Dude, the last two pictures in a row were useless. We already confirmed Battlefield and Zelda, so what good do those pictures do us?

If it's not a new character, stage, item, or gameplay mechanic, it's useless. I don't need to see random pictures of different angles of already revealed things.

I put Sakurai in my avatar because I opened a topic pretending to be him a while ago. They closed it, sadly, I was having fun.
We didn't have Zelda confirmed before the 26th, what are you talking about? LOL
I agree the last picture was useless, he clearly put it just to make the announcement of the break and that's it.
Again, you don't like? Don't watch the pictures, it's not my problem if you can't keep your hands off the damn computer :troll:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877

Um, how is Zelda being confirmed useless? Sure, the Battlefield pic may not be that exciting, but the pic before that was Zelda's reveal. I fail to see how that's useless.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman

Says the guy who lives in Florida, the god forsaken hot hellhole of the US.

Oh wait, I live there too. :-( xD

Um, how is Zelda being confirmed useless? Sure, the Battlefield pic may not be that exciting, but the pic before that was Zelda's reveal. I fail to see how that's useless.
My apologies. I thought that picture was one of the added pictures Sakurai does when a character is revealed and spends four more pictures showing us that character.

Still, almost every picture has served almost no purpose. Hopefully this one will.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
My apologies. I thought that picture was one of the added pictures Sakurai does when a character is revealed and spends four more pictures showing us that character.

Still, almost every picture has served almost no purpose. Hopefully this one will.
Basically, these are the only info which "have purpose" based on your comments:

- New character
- Everything in the game in a single infographic

I get it now, thanks.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877

No worries. I disagree with the pics being useless, but I respect your opinion. I think the pics are great, personally. Even if they don't reveal much, the Miiverse comment could still reveal something neat, like Link's Meteor Smash. Or they can just be silly, which is good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom