• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/6/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm not expecting much of anything to be honest. 75% of his pics have been useless to me and I'm a huge Sakurai fan. It'd be nice if he'd talk about game modes or online play (this game will have online right?)
This game won't have online nor game modes.

Ensorcellator

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ensorcellator
What I think will happen:
[Picture of Kirby and Peach]
"Pic of the day. Pink characters."

What I hope will happen:
[Picture of King K. Rool, Jigglypuff and Ridley on a new F-Zero stage]
"SURPRISE MOTHAF-"

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
We may get another Zelda pic on Monday, but near the end of the week we should get Dedede for the release of Kirby Triple Deluxe in Japan

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If anticipating certain dates or events taught me anything, it's that you could be very disappointed when you don't have the expected result. That's why I like surprises.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It'll probably be Zelda doing something unremarkable. Either that or Rosalina doing something unremarkable. Maybe on Pilotwings. :p

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
"Pic of the day. Females of Smash"

Pictured will be Rosalina, Samus, Fit Trainer and Marth.

peachy!

super princess
Inb4 a picture of Mario falling from the edge on Battlefield with the caption “You must recover!”

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
My expectation is a zelda picture, hopefully explaining the picture of her with the phantom as to clarify whether it is a move or not since not everyone agrees on the matter.

If not zelda then probably an item/trophy reveal because I don't expect Sakurai to give a completely pointless image after the wait, but I don't think he will show us a new veteran or stage and there's not a chance he'll show a new comer.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
[Picture of Kirby and Peach]
"Pic of the day. Pink characters."

What I hope will happen:
[Picture of King K. Rool, Jigglypuff and Ridley on a new F-Zero stage]
"SURPRISE MOTHAF-"
Epic Sakurai Trolling:
[Picture of Mario's Nose (because Luigi would be too predictable)]
"Didn't those assist trophies in yesterday's pic look almost playable?"

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
This is what I expect:

Seriously, I don't expect much. Probably another random pic.

You know, having this topic completely defeats the purpose of locking mine. Just saying.
Well, in their defense, your topic would have become complete spam. I was ready to keep talking about Kirby: Triple Deluxe right when it was locked to be honest. Embarrass

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, having this topic completely defeats the purpose of locking mine. Just saying.
People just aren't very patient, even when Sakurai clearly stated that there would be no new screenshots during the week of the New Year.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's hard to say because it's hard to tell if "the dam's broke" yet. With Brawl, the reveal of Ike was definitely when news started to pick up and we were hit with something major several times a week. November and December were fantastic months for this site but it's hard to say if things will get better or stay at the same pace, especially when we still have no idea when this game is going to release aside from "this year."

Alzi

Smash Master
Pic will be of Zelda and he will be explaining the new move she has. (the phantom guard)

Uffe

Smash Hero
Daisy will be playable. Her attacks will be a completely inverted version of Peach's. Whatever that means. She'll also use her third eye for something.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'll be brief: What are you expecting of the website update photo on the 6th? Sakurai has taken a break, and I'm just curious as to what we'll see on the sixth. Is Sakurai taking a break to show us something incredible, or is he just taking a break?
I'm guessing the break could be for both reasons. He probably just really wanted a break initially, but then maybe figured he will use this much needed break (along with new years) as an excuse to have a nice new update for the 6th, like a character reveal or some other kind of vital gameplay info.

but of course the photo on the 6th could be something lame nobody cares about, leaving fans wondering when the next worthwhile update will be.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
[Picture of Waluigi and Tingle]
"Pic of the day. Troll characters."

What I hope will happen:
[Picture of Gaston]
"Pic of the day. Nobody can resist!"

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Female Villager attacking Male Wii Fit Trainer with the fireworks move.

That's what I want. I realistically expect Luigi's nose.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Luigi's nose.
Actually in a twist it will be "You Must Recover Luigi's Nose!"

"Given the importance of both recovering and Luigi's nose to this franchise there will be a new mode that emphasizes the importance of both. In this mode 3 players try to keep the Luigi player away from his nose for three minutes. Likewise Luigi has three minutes to get his nose back. Luigi's nose flops around so keeping him away is not as easy as it looks even with three people! But to make things fair, when Luigi is KO'ed his recovery platform always appears far away from his nose." -Sakurai

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pic of the Day would be something about this...

Sakurai's comment would probably go like this: This is Zelda's new down special move. *laughs* :troll:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So who is excited for Monday for pictures to go back in business

By the way most likely is his exclamation on her phantom guard

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Has anyone else gotten the message that Fox McCloud has been having some bad days with the female fighters? He got rear-ended by Peach, a smack down by Rosalina's Luma, and now a sword strike by Zelda's Phantom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom