• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/6/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
I'll be brief: What are you expecting of the website update photo on the 6th? Sakurai has taken a break, and I'm just curious as to what we'll see on the sixth. Is Sakurai taking a break to show us something incredible, or is he just taking a break?

I know we just had a character reveal, and Sakurai is the one making this game, not me, but if we get anything short of a character reveal (A veteran would suffice) I'm going to be irritated. I'd hate to have to wait a week just so we can see..... Fox's teeth or something useless like that.

Thoughts?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Likely. Only one in like 20 of the updates are useful. My only question is, if you're just going to show us something completely irrelevant, then why take a week break at all? He could've taken a week off and just prepared 5 days worth of useless Battlefield angles in advance.
Because taking a break from work is healthy for you?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'm assuming something w/ zelda. Not gonna be anything important.
(inb4 he reveals the full roster and release date)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Was this thread really necessary? It's probably just gonna be another regular pic.

However I do think the quality of the pics are only going to increase now that we're approaching the launch date. No more Luigi noses please.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of people on the dev team who would've loved to replace sakurai and show pictures for a week.
I mean who wouldn't want to reveal stuff and show off stuff to the community?

Was this thread really necessary? It's probably just gonna be another regular pic.

However I do think the quality of the pics are only going to increase now that we're approaching the launch date. No more Luigi noses please.
This thread probably would not have been necessary had the main pictures of the day thread not been locked until the 6th

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I think you missed the "He could've taken a week off and just prepared 5 days worth of useless Battlefield angles in advance." part. I'm sure that doing work on the game must be a hassle, but how hard is it for him to take those snapshots?
That would require someone to actually be at work to post said screenshots. That's not really how taking a day off works you know? When you take a day off, you do nothing work related at all. Rather or not posting a screen-shot is "stressful" or not isn't really the point at all.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
Was this thread really necessary?
Seeing as A: There are no other threads discussing what Sakurai may or may not be hyping us up for to my knowledge, and B: The website update thread has been closed and therefore can't be posted on for discussions on this topic I'm going to go with yes. If a Moderator disagrees, that's another story, but I see no reason to remove the thread or anything of the sort.

That would require someone to actually be at work to post said screenshots. That's not really how taking a day off works you know? When you take a day off, you do nothing work related at all. Rather or not posting a screen-shot is "stressful" or not isn't really the point at all.

It's called either A: Setting them up in advance so that they automatically update for you while you're on vacation, or B: Having one of the MANY people in the development team do it for him (As I said, taking a picture and uploading takes very little time/effort)

I think Sakurai is saving something cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
while i see your point, they could've easily just set up 5 pictures with or without descriptions to be released the following week. It's really just a question of what sakurai prefers, whether he just doesn't want pictures this week for purely holiday reasons or if he's leading up to a reveal is known only by him and possibly a few others.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
while i see your point, they could've easily just set up 5 pictures with or without descriptions to be released the following week. It's really just a question of what sakurai prefers, whether he just doesn't want pictures this week for purely holiday reasons or if he's leading up to a reveal is known only by him and possibly a few others.
Hence, why this topic is definitely needed, and not a waste. Which is it? What will be revealed? etc, etc, etc. Much less important/relevant topics stay all the time. haha(Not pointing at you as the one who said that it wasn't of course)

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
What if something about this automatic update system goes wrong? Someone would need to be at work to check that. But hey, this is all speculation on my part, I have no idea if anyone is actually working on Smash Bros during Sakurai's break time or if his break is simply his own.

Regardless of whatever you feel could have or should have been done is all dependent on how the Daily screens are taken anyway. Are they prepared in advance? Or does he really just take a random screen shot everyday (for the most part)? We have no real way to know at the moment (do we?).

To answer your original question: something with Battlefield as the stage.

Lazurwolf

Smash Apprentice
On a random note: I just realized that Sakurai hasn't announced Final Destination yet.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
What if something about this automatic update system goes wrong? Someone would need to be at work to check that. But hey, this is all speculation on my part, I have no idea if anyone is actually working on Smash Bros during Sakurai's break time or if his break is simply his own.

Regardless of whatever you feel could have or should have been done is all dependent on how the Daily screens are taken anyway. Are they prepared in advance? Or does he really just take a random screen shot everyday (for the most part)? We have no real way to know at the moment (do we?).

To answer your original question: something with Battlefield as the stage.
Could be wrong, seeing as I've never developed a game, but I'm pretty sure there's a huge staff with a crapload of people, potentially over a hundred. =P

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm not expecting anything jaw-dropping, that's for sure. To be honest, something mediocre at best. Around the start of Spring is when I'll be looking for the start of back-to-back new information that most of us are looking for and have been for months.

I don't know why some of us have been expecting back-to-back new information though (me included, honestly).

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
What if something about this automatic update system goes wrong?
Then we get an early captain falcon reveal, everyone wins :088:

but personally, if i had a job working on the newest smash bros., i'd probably not want to stop working on it, even during a break week.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Could be wrong, seeing as I've never developed a game, but I'm pretty sure there's a huge staff with a crapload of people, potentially over a hundred. =P
To make it clear, I'm questioning if Sakurai's break is just for him or if his entire team is also on break. My bad for it being a tad too vague.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
To make it clear, I'm questioning if Sakurai's break is just for him or if his entire team is also on break. My bad for it being a tad too vague.
Of course, understandable. As a matter of fact, you have a good point, although I'm gonna bet money on Sakurai being the only taking a break as opposed to allowing a bunch of other people to take a week break as well when they have abunch of different schedules.

It's kinda like McDonalds shutting down for a week because the manager gets a week vacation. I kinda see the development team doing prepping stuff and whatnot until the sixth.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It will be a picture of Zelda doing a thing!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
King Dedede.

Or confirming the Rocket Launcher Item "Pic of the day: Happy New Year"

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Don't expect anything big, he also had a year's end break from updating the Brawl Dojo, and I'm fairly certain he didn't come back with anything groundbreaking.

It's just to take a break, nothing more.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I'd like to think they are setting up a full on Dojo reveal for us. Though not as big and thorough as Brawls.

Morbi

Scavenger
It would be nice if he clarified whether or not Zelda and Sheik are going to be separate characters (so a Sheik reveal, perhaps) or if Zelda is getting a move-set overhaul. Maybe some clarification on what Phantom does? Perhaps it is an assist trophy and he can officially confirm it?

In any event, it will probably pertain to Zelda.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Apparently, people just can't wait until the Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos thread gets reopened. Please be aware that once that thread gets unlocked again, this one will be locked.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Expectation: A random pic- "We will now be starting daily pictures again, here's a picture of Olimar running from Rosalina."

Hopefully: Confirmation about that Phantom and what it has to do with Zelda.

Possibility: Random Captain Falcon veteran reveal to celebrate the new year.

Completely off the spectrum: A newcomer for the new year.

peachy!

super princess
I'm assuming something w/ zelda. Not gonna be anything important.
(inb4 he reveals the full roster and release date)
I was thinking about a picture showing the three princesses: Peach, Rosalina, and Zelda.

Or Luigi's nose.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'd actually like to see them update the site into something more like the DOJO before Brawl. While I like the simplistic, modern style they have now and the daily pics aren't that bad, I'd like to know some specific things as well and have a more organized approach where things are systematically listed and easy to find. Then again, not knowing all the details makes everything more exciting... but anyway, we'll see if that ever happens, probably not on the 6th though, if ever!

Soo in the end I'd just guess that we're getting a random pic of the day, probably to do with Zelda.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai will share an image of an empty stage while saying in his comment that SSB4 will be released in Summer 2014. ;)

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I'm not expecting much of anything to be honest. 75% of his pics have been useless to me and I'm a huge Sakurai fan. It'd be nice if he'd talk about game modes or online play (this game will have online right?)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Sakurai will probably just show a picture of Zelda doing something, maybe more pictures of Rosalina, and maybe King Dedede on Friday? With possibly a new Kirby stage? But that's just getting my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom