• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/6/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
If its not showing new info regarding a stage, character, item, or game mode, it's useless.

Screenshotting Mario vs DK on battlefield is a waste of his own time

josh bones

Smash Lord
If its not showing new info regarding a stage, character, item, or game mode, it's useless.

New moves are usless? I don't know about you, but I want to see Rosalina's moves, or villager's final smash.

josh bones

Smash Lord

New moves are usless? We barely know anything on the newcomers.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Brawl time, all we had was fox.
Now we have, Olli,peach, TL,Sawnick, Martha, Rosieleena, and Zeelda

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Brawl time, all we had was fox.
Now we have, Olli,peach, TL,Sawnick, Martha, Rosieleena, and Zeelda
Well we had more newcomers to go on with Brawl from the start but your point still stands.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I don't think we're ever getting a dojo. For info on game modes and whatnot, those will be revealed on directs.

I kinda prefer it this way because I don't get super spoiled (but if it doesn't launch worldwide the same day, chances are I'll spoil myself anyway), but I see the point of a dojo.

Maybe Sakurai launches a dojo to better organize info, while doing most updates through pic of the day?

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
Why are people so adamant about not having a DOJO to avoid being spoiled? Smashboards will spoil you just the same. All the characters, stages, and items will become public knowledge without so much as glancing at the DOJO. Does anyone really think they can go months without finding out that.... say... Ike is confirmed? Everyone will be talking and making posts about it.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Why are people so adamant about not having a DOJO to avoid being spoiled? Smashboards will spoil you just the same. All the characters, stages, and items will become public knowledge without so much as glancing at the DOJO. Does anyone really think they can go months without finding out that.... say... Ike is confirmed? Everyone will be talking and making posts about it.
I obviously hope the Brawl fiasco won't be repeated. Pokémon came out the same day worldwide (kinda). Sm4sh hopefully will too.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Once it gets closer to the release date and/or the full roster is leaked, I plan to stop coming to Smashboards as well as any other internet pages that could spoil the roster. Once I've unlocked the full roster myself, then I'll come back and see if Smashboards survived.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
What Brawl fiasco? Sorry, but I didn't spend alot of time online back then and didn't even know there was a SmashBoards, so I'm unaware. :p
Brawl was released six months apart in certain countries. It was impossible to avoid spoilers. This time it will be better I hope.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Vintage and KC, any further flaming or trolling will result in infractions. You have been warned.

Truthfully, I feel this thread has out-lived its usefulness. It's just become a *****-fest about how Sakurai is an ass for taking a break from posting on Miiverse despite New Year's being a HUGE holiday in Japan.

Last edited:

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
Vintage and KC, any further flaming or trolling will result in infractions. You have been warned.

Truthfully, I feel this thread has out-lived its usefulness. It's just become a *****-fest about how Sakurai is an *** for taking a break from posting on Miiverse despite New Year's being a HUGE holiday in Japan.
WHO THE **** ARE YOU!? YOU CAN'T TALK TO PEOPLE THAT WAY!

*Notices that you are a moderator* Oh....

LOL, but yeah, I agree. This topic was useful, but like all good things, it's outlived it's usefulness. I'm okay with it being locked. We're getting the update in like 8 hours anyway. The original topic will be reopened at midnight. We'll live without this one.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
WHO THE **** ARE YOU!? YOU CAN'T TALK TO PEOPLE THAT WAY!

*Notices that you are a moderator* Oh....

LOL, but yeah, I agree. This topic was useful, but like all good things, it's outlived it's usefulness. I'm okay with it being locked. We're getting the update in like 8 hours anyway. The original topic will be reopened at midnight. We'll live without this one.
I'd prefer if they just reopen the miiverse thread and have us speculate there. I'll be darned if Sakurai gives us anything worthwhile for waiting tomorrow, so having this thread is ultimately pointless.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
pit using his pink cookie fist thing with megaman crouching with his mouth open right next to him on the pilotwings stage

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
A picture of Fox considering suicide after he realizes he will never find love.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Has anyone else gotten the message that Fox McCloud has been having some bad days with the female fighters? He got rear-ended by Peach, a smack down by Rosalina's Luma, and now a sword strike by Zelda's Phantom.
All he needs is a smack-down from Wii Fit Trainer and Samus. Though Sheik got her licks in during SSE when she wrecked his Arwing bare-handed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just as a final reminder, the Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos thread will be reopened in less than an hour. Once it's reopened, this thread will be closed.

JediLink

Smash Ace
Brawl was released six months apart in certain countries.
I remember this and it was terrible. Everyone else around the world having the new Smash while you still have to wait another three months is a level of pain unimaginable unless you've experienced it.

The intense disappointment once I actually got to play it didn't help either.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

The last picture, according to your information, to be useless was over a month ago, with the Mega Man Soccer post. Since then, every post has revealed something new. In order, from 12/5/13 to 12/20/13:

1. Villager's Gyroid Move
  2. Skull Kid AT
  3. Steel Diver Item
  4. Tweaks to Marth's Shield Breaker
  5. New AC stage for 3DS
  6. New pics of how Yellow Devil boss fight work
  7. Nintendog AT
  8. Where the Yellow Devil comes from/ new info on Wily's Castle
  9. New info on Spirit Tracks stage
  10. Rosalina reveal
  11. Info on Rosalina and Luma's playstyle
  12. New Info on Rosalina and Luma.
  13. Rosalina's height & weight
  14. Rainbow Road stage
  15. Starfy AT
  16. Zelda reveal
Not to mention, only a few days before such pic, we got information on Villager, a Find Mii stage, new effects for a strong blow, Spirit Tracks info, a new move for Bowser, the Ray Gun and more info on Arena Ferox. In the past 2 months (November & December), there's only been 3 useless pictures: Sleepy Marth, Mega Man Soccer and Luigi breathing on Marth. That's at least 38 days of new info. We're doing great.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
The last picture, according to your information, to be useless was over a month ago, with the Mega Man Soccer post. Since then, every post has revealed something new. In order, from 12/5/13 to 12/20/13:

1. Villager's Gyroid Move
  2. Skull Kid AT
  3. Steel Diver Item
  4. Tweaks to Marth's Shield Breaker
  5. New AC stage for 3DS
  6. New pics of how Yellow Devil boss fight work
  7. Nintendog AT
  8. Where the Yellow Devil comes from/ new info on Wily's Castle
  9. New info on Spirit Tracks stage
  10. Rosalina reveal
  11. Info on Rosalina and Luma's playstyle
  12. New Info on Rosalina and Luma.
  13. Rosalina's height & weight
  14. Rainbow Road stage
  15. Starfy AT
  16. Zelda reveal
Not to mention, only a few days before such pic, we got information on Villager, a Find Mii stage, new effects for a strong blow, Spirit Tracks info, a new move for Bowser, the Ray Gun and more info on Arena Ferox. In the past 2 months (November & December), there's only been 3 useless pictures: Sleepy Marth, Mega Man Soccer and Luigi breathing on Marth. That's at least 38 days of new info. We're doing great.
I wouldn't call the Mega Man Soccer one useless. We learned there was a game called Mega Man Soccer. :troll:

I don't know if I'm going to be pissed or laugh hysterically when it ends up being another picture of Battlefield with the caption "I will begin updating the site again."

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Okay, last minute prediction time!

"Pic of the day. I'll be posting pictures of the game taken from my desk about five days a week."

Would be fitting, don't ya think? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom